PDA

View Full Version : Kylin Hill STATEment

Really Clark?
12-15-2016, 03:53 PM
I would like to SHUT DOWN my recruiting process ... I am Officially a Dawg 🐶🤘🏾‼️ .... #HailState 🐾

Political Hack
12-15-2016, 03:54 PM
That's how you do it. If my kids are ever good enough to be recruited I hope they handle it as well as he has.

Also, more times than not, the guys who handle it this way end up being better players in the long run than the drama queens.

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Now that's what I'm talking bout! Welcome aboard!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2016, 04:12 PM
what did iI miss... did he ever give any indication he was reconsidering

Bubb Rubb
12-15-2016, 04:14 PM
what did iI miss... did he ever give any indication he was reconsidering

Some people were getting some heartburn because I think he took a quick trip to Texas.

Really Clark?
12-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Texas and some other schools were making a strong push for him. He even mentioned they were coming on strong. He wasn't wavering, he was just letting everyone know publically he has shut down his recruiting.

JoseBrown
12-15-2016, 04:23 PM
And there was also this from Paul Jones' article yesterday from the mouth of Keytaon Thompson:

"A lot of people have said that LSU is recruiting me hard but they haven't. I have not heard from Coach (Ed) Orgeron and there's been just one LSU coach stop by the school to say 'hello'. Ole Miss, Tennessee and Missouri tried to recruit me hard but I shut it down quickly. I have let everyone know that I will be at Mississippi State in January."

CadaverDawg
12-15-2016, 04:25 PM
I know some say it's silly, but Everybody should show that guy some love via a retweet or something, just bc so often big time players get none of the attention when they make it clear early on where they're going. Therefore, it encourages guys to be drama queens. Kylin is not, so I hope MSU fans will give him some props and attention for doing it right.

Same goes for Thompson. 2 studs, 0 drama. Deserves props

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Key and Hill are going to be a special duo for us. I can't wait to watch them play in maroon and white!

Jack Lambert
12-15-2016, 04:31 PM
I know some say it's silly, but Everybody should show that guy some love via a retweet or something, just bc so often big time players get none of the attention when they make it clear early on where they're going. Therefore, it encourages guys to be drama queens. Kylin is not, so I hope MSU fans will give him some props and attention for doing it right.

I don't remember how highly recruited Tyler Russell was and Dan really didn't recruit him but is Thompson the biggest QB recruit Dan has gotten?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't remember how highly recruited Tyler Russell was and Dan really didn't recruit him but is Thompson the biggest QB recruit Dan has gotten?

By far. If Cord would've made it then there would've been a close battle.

maroonmania
12-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Man, maybe Mullen needs to be schooled by some of our current recruits on how to put out statements about your future intentions.

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 04:34 PM
And there was also this from Paul Jones' article yesterday from the mouth of Keytaon Thompson:

"A lot of people have said that LSU is recruiting me hard but they haven't. I have not heard from Coach (Ed) Orgeron and there's been just one LSU coach stop by the school to say 'hello'. Ole Miss, Tennessee and Missouri tried to recruit me hard but I shut it down quickly. I have let everyone know that I will be at Mississippi State in January."

These are the kind of kids we want in our program. Character, integrity and men of their word.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Man, maybe Mullen needs to be schooled by some of our current recruits on how to put out statements about your future intentions.

Or Mullen started the trend

lastmajordog
12-15-2016, 05:19 PM

Excellent post Cadaver...makes you think they have a huge jump on becoming a man doesn’t it?

Covercorner2
12-15-2016, 05:27 PM
By far. If Cord would've made it then there would've been a close battle.

Sounds crazy, but Russell was actually rated higher by 247 composite.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Russell-14255?Institution=14212

http://247sports.com/Player/Keytaon-Thompson-78058

Really Clark?
12-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Hill: My only OV will be with hailstate football ��

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Sounds crazy, but Russell was actually rated higher by 247 composite.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Russell-14255?Institution=14212

http://247sports.com/Player/Keytaon-Thompson-78058

Tyler was a better current thrower in high school than Key, & could show up at a 7 on 7 camp or Elite 11 type showcase & look really good. Tyler was similar to Myles Brennan in that regard. Tyler's issue was that he was a very average athlete, even in high school, & that just doesn't translate all that well to the next level.

Key on the other hand is bigger, stronger, & faster than both, but just more raw in the passing game. However, when looking at offensive structure & the types of QBs that have excelled in our offense, it's fairly clear to me Dan Mullen is extremely adept at developing a QB's passing game over the course of 2 to 3 years. Arm strength & touch aren't Key's issues. His issues are inconsistent footwork & Accuracy. He'll pass them all by the time he's a JR