12-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Twitters say he going to Syracuse.

preachermatt83
12-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Ravian. Stupid predictive text.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Ravian. Stupid predictive text.

turn off the [PC] setting on your phone...

preachermatt83
12-15-2016, 02:06 PM
turn off the [PC] setting on your phone...

I lol'd.

JoseBrown
12-15-2016, 02:07 PM
Yep, according to PJ our coaches have wished him well. He prefers the depth chart up there better than ours....

mparkerfd20
12-15-2016, 02:48 PM
Yep, according to PJ our coaches have wished him well. He prefers the depth chart up there better than ours....

Scared of competition, I see... yeah he probably wouldn't fit too well here.

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 03:01 PM
He wouldve been a good pickup, but the one position we have a lot of depth is TE. I guess that depth was his issue. Oh well, move on to the next one.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 03:06 PM
He wouldve been a good pickup, but the one position we have a lot of depth is TE. I guess that depth was his issue. Oh well, move on to the next one.

Yeah, it blows my mind when a kid is afraid of competition, waiting his turn, and/or riding the pine for a year or two just to go somewhere for early playing time....

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 03:25 PM
Yeah, it blows my mind when a kid is afraid of competition, waiting his turn, and/or riding the pine for a year or two just to go somewhere for early playing time....

Only one way to get better, play with and against the best in the country. Not sure that's at Syracuse lol

Reason2succeed
12-15-2016, 03:30 PM

Why? These kids are not fans of the schools they go to most of the time. Most of them have one objective and one objective only: to put enough game tape out there to get to the NFL and finally make some real money from their talent. I may hate to not get a player but I understand. It may be easier for him personally to go to the league from Syracuse than State. Less competition from his own teammates. More shine for him.

As stated before he probably does not have the mindset of a MSU Bulldawg but it is not necessarily wrong or stupid.

Cooterpoot
12-15-2016, 03:30 PM
I was in Syracuse the end of January last year. Hell on ice.

Political Hack
12-15-2016, 03:31 PM
If the staff would've really wanted him to sign they would've made clear how big a priority he was. They politely nudged him the other direction and he's signing with Syracuse instead of another SEC school for a reason. We're fine at TE. Our TE corps will still catch nearly 30 whole passes next season as a group... No drop off.

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 03:34 PM
If the staff would've really wanted him to sign they would've made clear how big a priority he was. They politely nudged him the other direction and he's signing with Syracuse instead of another SEC school for a reason. We're fine at TE. Our TE corps will still catch nearly 30 whole passes next season as a group... No drop off.

Exactly.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Only one way to get better, play with and against the best in the country.

Please tell me you "got that".... c'mon, mane!

I actually believe what you wrote above 100%....

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Please tell me you "got that".... c'mon, mane!

I actually believe what you wrote above 100%....

Oh I knew you were being sarcastic without the*******

Yeah I do believe it, because I've watched kids with equal talents play different levels of competition. The kids that play the best always wind up as much more developed and better players, the kids that don't, not so much. I've coached baseball a long time and watched it year after year.

ETA: Its a common thing here in Mississippi in baseball. A kid is at a 6A or 5A and the competition is tight so the kid may not play until he's a junior or senior so instead of sticking it out and playing against the better competition, Mommy or Daddy gets the kid to "transfer" to some local 1A or 2A school so junior can start as a freshman and hit off of pitchers throwing 75 instead of kids throwing 85-90+. Then Mommy and Daddy wonder why junior never gets any scholarship offers. lol

Jack Lambert
12-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Why? These kids are not fans of the schools they go to most of the time. Most of them have one objective and one objective only: to put enough game tape out there to get to the NFL and finally make some real money from their talent. I may hate to not get a player but I understand. It may be easier for him personally to go to the league from Syracuse than State. Less competition from his own teammates. More shine for him.

As stated before he probably does not have the mindset of a MSU Bulldawg but it is not necessarily wrong or stupid.

If your good enough to make it to the NFL then it shouldn't matter. LenDale White of USC was the second team running back for USC and got drafted in the second round back in 2006. I just think many guys want the easy way.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 03:54 PM
If your good enough to make it to the NFL then it shouldn't matter. LenDale White of USC was the second team running back for USC and got drafted in the second round back in 2006. I just think many guys want the easy way.

I think so, as well... although I'm not certain which path is "easier" or "more rewarding"...

Reason2succeed
12-15-2016, 04:03 PM
There's only one ball though. Nick Tiano for instance will not get to develop sitting on the bench. There are somethings that you cannot learn in practice because it's practice (yes, I'm channeling Allen Iverson).

NFL scouts routinely evaluate on the amount of experience that a player has. If it doesn't matter whether a guy sits for two years or not then every player in D1 would have the same experience because they all have the same eligibility.

Jack Lambert
12-15-2016, 04:05 PM
There's only one ball though. Nick Tiano for instance will not get to develop sitting on the bench. There are somethings that you cannot learn in practice because it's practice (yes, I'm channeling Allen Iverson).

NFL scouts routinely evaluate on the amount of experience that a player has. If it doesn't matter whether a guy sits for two years or not then every player in D1 would have the same experience because they all have the same eligibility.

I guess I am old school where you just bust your ass and get better then take that position away from the other guy.

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 04:07 PM

I understand where you're coming from,Playing in games and not just practice definitely important. However I believe starting or playing 2 years in the SEC has got to top starting 3 or 4 years against lesser competition.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 04:14 PM
I guess I am old school where you just bust your ass and get better then take that position away from the other guy.

ditto.

maroonmania
12-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Well, a lot of guys on here thought Pierce was a cut above the TEs we currently have on the roster. Maybe he is not if our coaches were fine to let him go off to Syracuse.

Percho
12-15-2016, 05:27 PM
I was in Syracuse the end of January last year. Hell on ice.

Could a girls basketball coach, wanting to coach football, handle basketball on grass?

BoomBoom
12-15-2016, 06:25 PM

cause our coach is well-known for giving starting spots to the better guy, and not the (edit) OLD guy........

damn, i hate to say a single negative word right now cause things are looking good, but i can't fault a 2 year guy for hesitating to play for a coach that is known to take 3 years to give reps to deserving players.

Ari Gold
12-15-2016, 06:31 PM
cause our coach is well-known for giving starting spots to the better guy, and not the new guy........

damn, i hate to say a single negative word right now cause things are looking good, but i can't fault a 2 year guy for hesitating to play for a coach that is known to take 3 years to give reps to deserving players.

Most juco players (esp on the defensive side of that ball) have played from day one IF talented enough. It will happen next year with these guys ..

IMissJack
12-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Syracuse, NY: Low of 3 with Snow Squalls tonight, just sayin'.

archdog
12-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Matt Cassell says helo.