PDA

View Full Version : UNM Coaching question

1bigdawg
12-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Were any of the coaches who are leaving or rumored to be leaving named in the first NOA?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Kiffin was all over it

Political Hack
12-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Which means he was going to be fired regardless, so he may as well jump ship. If he's smart, he turns on them and ask for his own get out of jail card in hopes that his show cause is less time than Saunders.

TrapGame
12-15-2016, 11:32 AM
Which means he was going to be fired regardless, so he may as well jump ship. If he's smart, he turns on them and ask for his own get out of jail card in hopes that his show cause is less time than Saunders.

Yep, if I'm Kiff I'm asking the NCAA how high and far do I need to jump to avoid a show cause.

Things may have gotten even worse for om and they're coming apart at the seams as it is now.

Technetium
12-15-2016, 11:33 AM
I may be mistaken, but doesn't a show cause cause any school that wants to hire the coach to go before the NCAA to plead a case or whatever? What about retaining a coach? If retaining a coach doesn't require that, then it makes sense for Kiffen to find a new job *before* he's given a show cause so that the new school doesn't have to make an appeal to hire him. Lane and FAU know what they are getting, and this avoids the red tape that would come after he's handed a show cause.

RocketDawg
12-15-2016, 11:40 AM
I may be mistaken, but doesn't a show cause cause any school that wants to hire the coach to go before the NCAA to plead a case or whatever? What about retaining a coach? If retaining a coach doesn't require that, then it makes sense for Kiffen to find a new job *before* he's given a show cause so that the new school doesn't have to make an appeal to hire him. Lane and FAU know what they are getting, and this avoids the red tape that would come after he's handed a show cause.

They're talking about the Kiffin at Ole Miss, not his brother Lane, who was at Alabama but is going to FAU.

Technetium
12-15-2016, 11:46 AM
They're talking about the Kiffin at Ole Miss, not his brother Lane, who was at Alabama but is going to FAU.

Exactly. Lane is hiring his brother; they know what they are getting with that hire. They are simply moving before the show cause goes into effect, making things more difficult (provided my assumptions on how show causes work is correct).

1bigdawg
12-15-2016, 11:48 AM
A show cause would follow him anywhere. So moving to FAU will not help him. Coming clean to the NCAA might, though.

Technetium
12-15-2016, 11:51 AM
A show cause would follow him anywhere. So moving to FAU will not help him. Coming clean to the NCAA might, though.

Of course it would follow him, but I'm inquiring whether if he already has a new job, and the school chooses to retain him (which they can do), would that remove the need to plead a case before the NCAA? If he were to get a show cause at TSUN and *then* be fired/leave, any new school would have to plead the case. But what if he was already/still employed and the school wanted to retain him despite being handed a show cause? Do they still have to plead a case to keep him, or is it not applicable because he's already on staff?

If the latter, then it makes complete sense for Chris and any other worried staff to find employers willing to accept their history *before* they get a show cause. If the former, then it's not a benefit (at least not in that way).

Really Clark?
12-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Of course it would follow him, but I'm inquiring whether if he already has a new job, and the school chooses to retain him (which they can do), would that remove the need to plead a case before the NCAA? If he were to get a show cause at TSUN and *then* be fired/leave, any new school would have to plead the case. But what if he was already/still employed and the school wanted to retain him despite being handed a show cause? Do they still have to plead a case to keep him, or is it not applicable because he's already on staff?

The show cause follows you to any NCAA school and yes they have to "show cause" why that coach should be retained/hired

Technetium
12-15-2016, 12:03 PM
Gotcha. Then unless FAU are willing to potentially accept penalties on Chris, or he's worked out a deal with the NCAA, it doesn't make a lot of sense to find a new job right now.

MadDawg
12-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Retaining a coach after the NCAA issues them a show cause would be giving the NCAA the middle finger.

Lance Harbor
12-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Retaining a coach after the NCAA issues them a show cause would be giving the NCAA the middle finger.

Which Lane Kiffin would do in a heartbeat.

John Farley
12-15-2016, 02:05 PM

If I was a coach or rumored to be a coach at oh let's just say Indiana, I might be a little anxious right now too. As I said before and I will say again. Cell phones have cameras. Bulldogs are gentle creatures until you mess with their family. Then they bite the shit out of you. Story time folks

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 02:20 PM
If I was a coach or rumored to be a coach at oh let's just say Indiana, I might be a little anxious right now too. As I said before and I will say again. Cell phones have cameras. Bulldogs are gentle creatures until you mess with their family. Then they bite the shit out of you. Story time folks

Care to elaborate and tell the story?

Westdawg
12-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Farley, PM me that story 😈😁😁

John Farley
12-15-2016, 02:43 PM
No need for a pm. I, unlike others, have nothing to hide. I will spell it out for all of y'all. Just let me get a few minutes to do so

TrapGame
12-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Oh, what did Tom Allen do?

smootness
12-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Gotcha. Then unless FAU are willing to potentially accept penalties on Chris, or he's worked out a deal with the NCAA, it doesn't make a lot of sense to find a new job right now.

Unless Ole Miss was going to go ahead and fire him, and this at least gets him another year of employment, assuming the sanctions aren't passed down until after next year.

MSUDawg99
12-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Did I miss storytime?

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 09:31 PM

If the latter, then it makes complete sense for Chris and any other worried staff to find employers willing to accept their history *before* they get a show cause. If the former, then it's not a benefit (at least not in that way).

I think Lane hiring Chris is just him helping his brother out. If Chris gets- when Chris gets a show cause my guess is Lane will help him find something else or get FAU to give him some type of nice severance package. I wouldn't be surprised if Lane turns to his Dad to coach the defense if it happens during the season. Maybe more importantly it gets his brother the hell away from Ole Miss even if my theory is way off.

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Oh, what did Tom Allen do?

I thought he was talking about Heard.