PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds Say, "Freeze Has Been Given An Ultimatum" Akers Or Else

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 09:32 AM
It looks like Ole Miss has officially made Akers their Alamo to save face. This entire episode reminds me of when the Texas Rangers signed Alex Rodriguez to a 10 year $252 Million dollar when the Rangers had little chance of winning.

Bo says Akers wants to go to FSU, but Ole Miss is making it where he may not be able to.

Just not sure how much of a difference a RB makes. A raw running back at that.

I'd much rather take the JUCO guys we signed yesterday over 1 Cam Akers.

What they have to do to save face I guess

MetEdDawg
12-15-2016, 09:40 AM
They had to give him the ultimatum. They have no one else on staff left to give it to.

starkvegasdawg
12-15-2016, 09:43 AM
I guess that's why Freeze just bought this book at Barnes and Noble.

http://i.imgur.com/E201RRA.png

BrunswickDawg
12-15-2016, 09:45 AM
If they sign Akers, the NCAA will come down on them with some old school vengeance. OM beating out FSU/LSU/ et al for a kid like Akers - even an in-state kid - will smack of major violations. And you know they are watching them like a hawk right now.

Ole Danny Hugh is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Gonna be Makin' it Rain in Clinton!

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 09:46 AM
My question on this though, is "Akers or else" what? I mean what are they gonna do to him. He knows where the skeletons are buried and buried deep. It seems they both have each other over a barrel. I think its hilarious watching bucky burn and the plantation with him!

defiantdog
12-15-2016, 09:47 AM
I like Bo, but he's wrong here. Freeze is only out if the NCAA forces it. And getting Akers has nothing to do with Freeze and everything to do with boosters.

Cooterpoot
12-15-2016, 09:47 AM
Hugh's more into catfishing these days.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 09:49 AM
In Brent Musburger's voice

"YOUR LOOKING LIVE AT DOWNTOWN CLINTON, MS"

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-10-2015/t2PgQt.gif

Reason2succeed
12-15-2016, 09:54 AM
How can OM keep Cam from going to FSU?

Corn Bread
12-15-2016, 09:57 AM
It looks like Ole Miss has officially made Akers their Alamo to save face. This entire episode reminds me of when the Texas Rangers signed Alex Rodriguez to a 10 year $252 Million dollar when the Rangers had little chance of winning.

Bo says Akers wants to go to FSU, but Ole Miss is making it where he may not be able to.

Just not sure how much of a difference a RB makes. A raw running back at that.

I'd much rather take the JUCO guys we signed yesterday over 1 Cam Akers.

What they have to do to save face I guess

Explain to me this, "but OM is making it where he may not be able to". Yea I figure money and mama but what else?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 09:58 AM
How can OM keep Cam from going to FSU?

Money & they'll have Judd Boswell & half the Clinton athletic department hired before giving up on him.

They'll create a situation where Cam would be letting down many people around him by not going to OM.

Look at it like an arranged marriage. The woman doesn't want to marry the man, but, if by marrying the man, her father the King of Crootland, acquires & becomes the ruler of Cheatsylvania

HSVDawg
12-15-2016, 09:59 AM
I like Bo, but he's wrong here. Freeze is only out if the NCAA forces it. And getting Akers has nothing to do with Freeze and everything to do with boosters.

Agreed. They aren't going to fire him at this stage of the game no matter what. He would have been out after the Egg if it was even being considered.

PassInterference
12-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Akers or else is a convenient narrative for when 1) Akers goes to FSU, and 2) the NCAA is telling them Freeze will have to go.

Attention future Ole Miss coaches, sign the next generational player out of MS or be fired!

BeastMan
12-15-2016, 10:01 AM
They had to give him the ultimatum. They have no one else on staff left to give it to.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/86/c1/f0/86c1f03a2de63bd5d67b8e828d02c3ac.gif

Irondawg
12-15-2016, 10:07 AM

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2016, 10:17 AM
For some reason I thin "Or Else" is going to be the outcome of this situation.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2016, 10:19 AM
All they care about is the Stars next to his name. That's it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-15-2016, 10:23 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HnNi5yxai1k/U9lSx6HHsoI/AAAAAAAAVKE/RWq6jmsJCqU/s1600/freeze_here_ya_go__2_.gif

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 10:28 AM
My question on this though, is "Akers or else" what? I mean what are they gonna do to him. He knows where the skeletons are buried and buried deep. It seems they both have each other over a barrel. I think its hilarious watching bucky burn and the plantation with him!

If Freeze starts to lose games they will fire him and turn on him. Ask Houston Nutt. But they aren't going to want to use the NCAA investigation as a reason because they are trying to talk about it as little as possible so something cockamamie like not getting Akers is a reason in their minds to justify firing him.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 10:38 AM
I gotta say, I knew their program would be ravaged by sanctions, but I had no clue they'd destroy themselves before the sanctions even came down. This program may be a post-apocalypse wasteland in about 3 years

Saltydog
12-15-2016, 10:42 AM
those prize fish he's always showing and edit it with a guppy or a minnow. That would be indicative of their signing class yesterday.

Jack Lambert
12-15-2016, 10:47 AM
If Freeze starts to lose games they will fire him and turn on him. Ask Houston Nutt. But they aren't going to want to use the NCAA investigation as a reason because they are trying to talk about it as little as possible so something cockamamie like not getting Akers is a reason in their minds to justify firing him.

Start to lose? That 55-20 chap some Bear's asses. I also think he has already started to lose some of his Armour with the fans. Once the NCAA come down on them he will lose all his armour. They are going to turn on him like Judas did Jesus.

TrapGame
12-15-2016, 10:48 AM
I gotta say, I knew their program would be ravaged by sanctions, but I had no clue they'd destroy themselves before the sanctions even came down. This program may be a post-apocalypse wasteland in about 3 years

Fall rush in the Grove in 2020:

http://i.imgur.com/6WFjtDB.gif%20alt=

dawgday166
12-15-2016, 10:49 AM

I was trying to figure out the "why" of this ultimatum. This makes sense to me and explains it I'm guessing.

KB21
12-15-2016, 11:06 AM
What's sad is that I heard Judd Boswell on Head to Head yesterday, and one comment he made was that his task to help Cam in the recruiting process is to keep "the wolves" away from him...........yet he doesn't let Mississippi State talk to the kid while he is getting buddy buddy with the Ole Miss people.

Martianlander
12-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Freeze has to have enough on Bjork to get him canned too. Don't understand that situation, and how Bjork keeps surviving.

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 11:14 AM
What's sad is that I heard Judd Boswell on Head to Head yesterday, and one comment he made was that his task to help Cam in the recruiting process is to keep "the wolves" away from him...........yet he doesn't let Mississippi State talk to the kid while he is getting buddy buddy with the Ole Miss people.

I think people are making more out that than is really there. Not trying to argue with you or anything, but I know Boswell isn't keeping MSU from recruiting his players. Those players just didn't return interest in us.

Commercecomet24
12-15-2016, 11:14 AM

I think that's a pretty good hypothesis with that bunch. I am so loving watching that whole bunch squirm and shake!

Political Hack
12-15-2016, 11:23 AM

I personally think Freeze has coached his last SEC game.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 11:25 AM
I think people are making more out that than is really there. Not trying to argue with you or anything, but I know Boswell isn't keeping MSU from recruiting his players. Those players just didn't return interest in us.

This is interesting because virtually every Clinton player in the history of the program has showed MSU interest till now

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 11:33 AM
This is interesting because virtually every Clinton player in the history of the program has showed MSU interest till now

I agree with you, but the only player we really wanted from CHS was Cam Akers. He just didn't return the interest. I'm telling you there is no conspiracy theory here with Boswell.

Brahmabull
12-15-2016, 11:35 AM
That's bull. Our coaches can't get in the door at Clinton now. Kam White was once going to State and is now going to Iowa St. We didn't pull his offer. Now Akers never had any interest in us so I will give you that, but the rumors of us and Clinton coaching staff are true.

Bothrops
12-15-2016, 11:36 AM
What a joke that program is. It's all about buying a 5 star, just so they can say they have a 5*. That place deserves to be completely exposed for what they are.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 11:38 AM
I guess that's why Freeze just bought this book at Barnes and Noble.

http://i.imgur.com/E201RRA.png

I find your depiction of my fishing methods offensive & intolerant, sir. My ancestors have passed it down for generations.

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 11:43 AM
That's bull. Our coaches can't get in the door at Clinton now. Kam White was once going to State and is now going to Iowa St. We didn't pull his offer. Now Akers never had any interest in us so I will give you that, but the rumors of us and Clinton coaching staff are true.

I'm going to disagree with you here. The MSU staff cooled on Kam White and I think he decided to go somewhere with a solid offer. I'm not saying Akers isn't being pushed to Ole Miss by people in Clinton, but its not by the coaching staff.

starkvegasdawg
12-15-2016, 11:43 AM
I find your depiction of my fishing methods offensive & intolerant, sir. My ancestors have passed it down for generations.

My apologies. I thought if this were in AL there would have been a bottle of Jack Daniels in the boat and an A on the hat and since I didn't see that in the illustration I thought I was safe.

RougeDawg
12-15-2016, 12:01 PM
What a joke that program is. It's all about buying a 5 star, just so they can say they have a 5*. That place deserves to be completely exposed for what they are.

Buying those 5*'s sure has provided that university a hell of a lot of free publicity and press these last 3-4 years. The national perception of that program has been altered in the last few years. Don't kid yourselves. They are much more of a national brand after that 13 class than they ever were. ESPN has linked and promoted them almost as much as the Bamas of the world. Yes it ridiculous, false and unwarranted, but most times perception is reality. One can only hope the NCAA hammer is covered as much as that signing class so people get the entire truth.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 12:14 PM
My apologies. I thought if this were in AL there would have been a bottle of Jack Daniels in the boat and an A on the hat and since I didn't see that in the illustration I thought I was safe.

5 "My Dark Lords" and 10 "Rammer Jammers"... go, and sin no more...

smootness
12-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Shouldn't it be 'Akers and/or else'?

I mean, it's happening no matter what Akers does.

Tbonewannabe
12-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Freeze checks too many boxes for what they need in a head coach. He is a "preacher", he is a decent coach and motivator, and he is "All In" with the boosters running recruiting. Not many head coaches would have a recruit in a hotel room and bring in a booster to make the close while he leaves the room. Not many good head coaches are going to risk their career like that.

Bully13
12-15-2016, 12:30 PM
If they sign Akers, the NCAA will come down on them with some old school vengeance. OM beating out FSU/LSU/ et al for a kid like Akers - even an in-state kid - will smack of major violations. And you know they are watching them like a hawk right now.

Ole Danny Hugh is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

After the NCAA gets done, signing dak may not save his job.

Bully13
12-15-2016, 12:43 PM
After the NCAA gets done , Akers won't be enough. Not even getting Fitz to transfer

TUSK
12-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Guys, if this case with the NCAA goes the way it's leaning, it'd take MDL 5-7 years to get it competitive, again...

Yall need to be thinking in terms of "decades", not "players" or "years"...

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 12:58 PM
Guys, if this case with the NCAA goes the way it's leaning, it'd take MDL 5-7 years to get it competitive, again...

You hearing rumors of what the sanctions may end up being in the end?

TUSK
12-15-2016, 01:30 PM
You hearing rumors of what the sanctions may end up being in the end?

NO. But if they are only 75% of the estimates I've read, it'll be enough to destroy an OM type program for a very, very long time...

A 2 year death penalty would be more humane than a 4/30 type situation...

TrapGame
12-15-2016, 01:36 PM
So, as RP put out yesterday that Akers didn't like Longo for OC, if now hiring him has put the nail in the coffin on more than one level?

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 01:44 PM
So, as RP put out yesterday that Akers didn't like Longo for OC, if now hiring him has put the nail in the coffin on more than one level?

Why doesn't he like that hire? I'm asking because I honestly know nothing about Longo. What type of offense does he run?

TrapGame
12-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Why doesn't he like that hire? I'm asking because I honestly know nothing about Longo. What type of offense does he run?

I'm not sure. RP will have to fill that part in. I think Akers was told they were getting someone else as OC and then it became a slight bait and switch situation. Akers got wise to it.

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure. RP will have to fill that part in. I think Akers was told they were getting someone else as OC and then it became a slight bait and switch situation. Akers got wise to it.

Got cha. Well I hope he goes anywhere but Ole Miss. I'd like to see him go to FSU that way I can root for him.

maroonmania
12-15-2016, 04:45 PM

I'm starting to think these Ole Miss morons are going to just see what they can do to force the NCAA into giving them the death penalty. Why else would you be throwing bank at one recruit when you are on the verge on receiving one of the harshest NCAA probations ever?

Spiderman
12-15-2016, 05:17 PM

Yep

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Start to lose? That 55-20 chap some Bear's asses. I also think he has already started to lose some of his Armour with the fans. Once the NCAA come down on them he will lose all his armour. They are going to turn on him like Judas did Jesus.

You are right in that's how I think it ultimately ends up. But from Ole Miss's point of view they want to make this look like MSU is to one behind all of this and bringing them down if at all possible and they are going to try to deflect things from Freeze because if/when the truth comes out it's going to be their fault. But they will have a lot of alumni upset if it gets out like that. Which it could.

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 06:24 PM
I personally think Freeze has coached his last SEC game.

You're probably right. But was he named on the original NOA? If he wasn't that and the fact that Freeze is the ringleader of their Network are the only reasons why I think he might come back. Even if he does come back somehow it's inevitable that the NCAA is going to have him fired by the time the second NOA comes out. I might be mistaken about Freeze and the first NOA though. If I am then the part about their network applies.

msstate7
12-15-2016, 06:28 PM
You're probably right. But was he named on the original NOA? If he wasn't that and the fact that Freeze is the ringleader of their Network are the only reasons why I think he might come back. Even if he does come back somehow it's inevitable that the NCAA is going to have him fired by the time the second NOA comes out. I might be mistaken about Freeze and the first NOA though. If I am then the part about their network applies.

Freeze was named in 1st NOA with a level 1 infraction

Schultzy
12-15-2016, 06:39 PM
The Head Coach in home visit with a booster present is the level 1 that they admitted to in their official response. If he doesn't get a Show then you can't get one.

coastdoglover
12-15-2016, 07:14 PM
I respectfully disagree Todd, They save a ton of money if he is implicated by the NCAA because they will not have to buy him out under most contracts for coaches. Other words, Freeze is toast

archdog
12-15-2016, 07:42 PM

Might as well ask for an extension and a 8 million salary.

Schultzy
12-15-2016, 11:23 PM

All do respect My Dark Lord... oh ye of the original 200,00 offer to Albert Means 20 years ago....y'all started this high dollar crap 20 years ago...

TUSK
12-16-2016, 04:40 AM
All do respect My Dark Lord... oh ye of the original 200,00 offer to Albert Means 20 years ago....y'all started this high dollar crap 20 years ago...

We went rouge, for certain, and it's that very probation that gives me an inkling of what OM may have headed their way and how long it'll take to recover...

but we didn't start the fire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Schultzy
12-16-2016, 08:57 AM
We went rouge, for certain, and it's that very probation that gives me an inkling of what OM may have headed their way and how long it'll take to recover...

but we didn't start the fire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Due, not do. Not a bad diddy and I like old Billy Joel. Agree on the harshness and recovery time, he's getting a show cause but strangely I don't think they'll fire him.

Troll
12-16-2016, 09:20 AM
Hey guy's, I'm new here. Do we care to much about TSUN? All I see are posts about them? I was hoping for some good state material on this recuiting class? Are we still getting Willie Gay? I know he likes McGriff up there.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2016, 09:23 AM
Hey guy's, I'm new here. Do we care to much about TSUN? All I see are posts about them? I was hoping for some good state material on this recuiting class? Are we still getting Willie Gay? I know he likes McGriff up there.

I admire your courage & honesty even though your info is dead wrong.

MedDawg
12-16-2016, 09:29 AM

Maybe look for a thread that doesn't have "Freeze" in the subject line. Or start one yourself.

Ari Gold
12-16-2016, 09:30 AM

Yes we are delusional and obsessed with them. There is no need to come to this site to get any info on recruiting . Gay will sign with Umiss. Mcgriff is the best hire made since Bama hired Saban. It's all about them. We are the little brother. We are rednecks . Cow college .

Great first post by the way. One post and you..
Just Made The List.!!!!
Enjoy.

Really Clark?
12-16-2016, 09:32 AM

You couldn't get Avery even with McGriff coming to Shitbird U but you think it will help with Gay? You're cute.

Bubb Rubb
12-16-2016, 09:48 AM

Here's some good State material on this recruiting class:

Man, we are cleaning up now that it's a level playing field and the NCAA has the Rebel hands tied. When the NCAA is done with them, we are going to get our pick of the state for the next decade.

TrapGame
12-16-2016, 10:01 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/97788114cecdbc513120904198c3d095/tumblr_inline_mso7afCFKp1qz4rgp.gif