PDA

View Full Version : So how does this great day possibly influence some HS players to sign in Feb?

IMissJack
12-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Will this be a catalyst for more to join?

tireddawg
12-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Great question. I was thinking the same

Todd4State
12-14-2016, 11:54 PM
I think the thing about today is it clears a lot of traffic and it's going to allow our coaches to focus on the high school guys and finish out the class. If my math is right and it may be a little off because Pierce won't sign until tomorrow and I don't know if they will try to find another JUCO o-lineman or not, but including Pierce and Guidry that should give us 11 JUCO players. If we sign a class of 30-32 I imagine that we are going to really target eight HS players because we have 13 HS players committed if I am not mistaken. Most of those commits are pretty solid. In theory today should make it easier on our staff to focus on whomever the rest of the class is. It also helps that we know what positions to really target now as well.

Halaire, maybe another WR, really need 2-3 more high school o-linemen, a DE, a LB, a CB, a S, and a K and maybe a P if I had to guess would be the remaining "needs" right now.