PDA

View Full Version : If we sign Ravian Pierce tomorrow...

maroonmania
12-14-2016, 09:39 PM
we will have signed 10% of the entire 247 Sports composite JUCO Top 100. Already have 9 of the Top 100. That is pretty impressive to say the least. Great job coaches!

#10, #13, #24, #29, #33, #47, #80, #84, #93 in the house!

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 09:42 PM
we will have signed 10% of the entire 247 Sports JUCO Top 100. Already have 9 of the Top 100. That is pretty impressive to say the least. Great job coaches!

Good post. It's a good job either way.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 09:46 PM
we will have signed 10% of the entire 247 Sports composite JUCO Top 100. Already have 9 of the Top 100. That is pretty impressive to say the least. Great job coaches!

WOW.

2 things:

1. Our coaches worked their asses off & closed. Whatever recruiting changes Mullen made with Brad Peterson, new defensive staff, etc... worked.

2. This is taking advantage of OM's impending probation. This is what it's like to be the only SEC school in a state. We've got to keep this momentum going & accumulate a ton of talent.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2016, 09:49 PM
WOW.

2 things:

1. Our coaches worked their asses off & closed. Whatever recruiting changes Mullen made with Brad Peterson, new defensive staff, etc... worked.

2. This is taking advantage of OM's impending probation. This is what it's like to be the only SEC school in a state. We've got to keep this momentum going & accumulate a ton of talent.

^^^This

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 09:50 PM
I am a dumbass.

Jarius
12-14-2016, 09:50 PM
It's amazing what happens when the playing field levels out. It's not a coincidence Barney Farrar, the "Juco recruiter" for the school that is about to get bombed into the stone ages by the NCAA gets fired and we dominate Juco recruiting in this state. I'm extremely happy about our class and extremely pissed off that we had to endure so many years of that piece of shit school stealing recruits.

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2016, 09:51 PM
WOW.

2 things:

And it shows what a distinct advantage the MS JUCO system can be for us - especially with OM as a non-factor in recruiting.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 09:52 PM
It's amazing what happens when the playing field levels out. It's not a coincidence Barney Farrar, the "Juco recruiter" for the school that is about to get bombed into the stone ages by the NCAA gets fired and we dominate Juco recruiting in this state. I'm extremely happy about our class and extremely pissed off that we had to endure so many years of that piece of shit school stealing recruits.

Most Beautiful campus my ass. It wasn't because of all that green grass but green was involved.

IMissJack
12-14-2016, 09:54 PM
WOW.

2 things:

It would be interesting to know if MS had one major college, what kind of team it could field...

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 09:58 PM
It would be interesting to know if MS had one major college team, what kind of team it could field...

FIFY. Maybe we'll find out, but probably not.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 10:01 PM
FIFY. Maybe we'll find out, but probably not.

Be funny they got the death penalty.

Commercecomet24
12-14-2016, 10:01 PM
WOW.

2 things:

Amen, Shotgun!

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Did Pierce sign with us out of high school.

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Be funny they got the death penalty.

It would. But I ain't holding my breath. I have become fairly optimistic tho that they gonna get hammered good.

oldwave
12-14-2016, 10:07 PM
I am a dumbass.

And I'm a "stupid idiot, on the list" . And don't care. And Happy! HAILSTATE !!

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 10:08 PM
It would be interesting to know if MS had one major college, what kind of team it could field...

One SEC school in Mississippi would produce a team that consistently had the high school talent of Tennessee with greater access to JUCO players. End result would probably be a team that consistently had the talent level of something close to Auburn, Clemson, or Oklahoma.

I still don't think we'd have the population to have the talent level of LSU, FSU, Alabama, etc, but I think Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas A&M like would be well within the expectation

That's my best guess

HereComesTheSpiral
12-15-2016, 08:07 AM
One SEC school in Mississippi would produce a team that consistently had the high school talent of Tennessee with greater access to JUCO players. End result would probably be a team that consistently had the talent level of something close to Auburn, Clemson, or Oklahoma.

I still don't think we'd have the population to have the talent level of LSU, FSU, Alabama, etc, but I think Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas A&M like would be well within the expectation

That's my best guess

Bama and Auburn are in the same state. Do you mean recruiting area profile?

CadaverDawg
12-15-2016, 08:11 AM
How do our gurus feel about Pierce today?

You jokers ought to be able to nail a one recruit prediction after kicking ass with that huge prediction day yesterday.

PonderThis1
12-15-2016, 08:39 AM

#10, #13, #24, #29, #33, #47, #80, #84, #93 in the house!

We look good with Guidry at the moment too. We could end up with 11/100.

jumbo
12-15-2016, 08:43 AM
Did Pierce sign with us out of high school.

Yes

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 08:58 AM
How do our gurus feel about Pierce today?

You jokers ought to be able to nail a one recruit prediction after kicking ass with that huge prediction day yesterday.

I'm wondering this too. Hopefully we can lock him up. IYOK or Ari? What do you guys think?

State82
12-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Most Beautiful campus my ass. It wasn't because of all that green grass but green was involved.

And grass too. Just ask Tunsil.

TrapGame
12-15-2016, 09:31 AM
And grass too. Just ask Tunsil.

He'd have to say yeah.

Bodawg
12-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Pierce is going to have a signing today. All signs point to Maroon and White.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-15-2016, 10:36 AM
Would he be an immediate contributor? Was just looking at the TEs on roster and if pierce signs we'll have 6 on next years roster. In random order:

Pierce*
Green
Thomas
Roberson
Johnson
Jones

Any guesses where he may be on depth chart if signs?

KB21
12-15-2016, 11:10 AM
We look good with Guidry at the moment too. We could end up with 11/100.

There is also some buzz around Adonis Thomas as well.

MetEdDawg
12-15-2016, 11:32 AM
Do we have any times for announcements for the guys we are looking at today?

HSVDawg
12-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Would he be an immediate contributor? Was just looking at the TEs on roster and if pierce signs we'll have 6 on next years roster. In random order:

Pierce*
Green
Thomas
Roberson
Johnson
Jones

Any guesses where he may be on depth chart if signs?

My guess is Johnson moves to outside WR (along with Couch). Thomas will be a senior. There's a good chance we redshirt Pierce and go with Green, Roberson, Thomas, and Jones. Gives us an opportunity to use all 4 of them if we run more 2 TE sets. Then in 2018 we can plug Pierce in for Thomas and do the same thing.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 11:59 AM
My guess is Johnson moves to outside WR (along with Couch). Thomas will be a senior. There's a good chance we redshirt Pierce and go with Green, Roberson, Thomas, and Jones. Gives us an opportunity to use all 4 of them if we run more 2 TE sets. Then in 2018 we can plug Pierce in for Thomas and do the same thing.

You may be right, but Pierce is easily the most talented out of this group. He bring another dynamic to our offense. Not sure how you red shirt him.

Check out his highlights

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5666796/57e09ab4f6170835f021c8ec

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2016, 12:03 PM

Ravian would move outside before Justin would. He's faster & a better athlete. I think Justin could be the odd man out of the rotation though. Pierce is going to play. Farrod does all the dirty work & has made himself into a pretty good TE. Thomas is the mismatch of the group.

bulldog2488
12-15-2016, 12:12 PM
IYOK, have you heard anything on Pierce today?

HoopsDawg
12-15-2016, 12:15 PM

LOL, no way Pierce would redshirt. Pierce was the only weapon on a bad Juco team. You're talking about a physical TE who was athletic enough to return kicks and line up at RB sometimes. Pierce is a playmaker.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Pierce becomes our best redzone target the first day on campus

Merry Christmas Fitz

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Sounds and looks like we could use him like a Gronk or pre murderer Hernandez

NCDawg
12-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Is Champion going to be eligible this time? Hope he doesn't turn into another JJ Grant, a guy that we signed about 3 times and never showed up.

Really Clark?
12-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Is Champion going to be eligible this time? Hope he doesn't turn into another JJ Grant, a guy that we signed about 3 times and never showed up.

Um...he has to be. He signed yesterday. If he wasn't eligible yet he would be a spring signee not mid year

HSVDawg
12-15-2016, 01:14 PM
LOL, no way Pierce would redshirt. Pierce was the only weapon on a bad Juco team. You're talking about a physical TE who was athletic enough to return kicks and line up at RB sometimes. Pierce is a playmaker.

Not questioning his talent, but folks thought there was no way Martinas Rankin and others would redshirt either. JUCO's redshirting under Mullen has been the norm. Wouldn't be surprising if that is the direction we went, although I hope it isn't (if what is being said about his ability is true).

ETA: If we have 6 TE's on the roster and we still have a guy in Pierce who is still able to come in and play 60-70% of the snaps, that tells me we need to force a lot of attrition at the TE position. And if we aren't going to play him that much, we should consider redshirting him. Has to be one or the other.

BB30
12-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Not questioning his talent, but folks thought there was no way Martinas Rankin and others would redshirt either. JUCO's redshirting under Mullen has been the norm. Wouldn't be surprising if that is the direction we went, although I hope it isn't (if what is being said about his ability is true).

ETA: If we have 6 TE's on the roster and we still have a guy in Pierce who is still able to come in and play 60-70% of the snaps, that tells me we need to force a lot of attrition at the TE position. And if we aren't going to play him that much, we should consider redshirting him. Has to be one or the other.

Somewhat agree that is a lot of TEs. Pierce is different from most of them with the skill set he has. He will be effective lining him up inside and out very athletic for his frame. He will be moved around quite a bit if I had to guess. With that many physical athletic bodies you can do a lot of different stuff. I think carrying 4 maybe 5 would be alright, 6 is a bunch. I hope we get the TE more involved in the passing game next year. We saw it quite a bit this year but we have a lot of weapons there that can help offset some athletic differences against the better teams in the league.

Percho
12-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Rose says we going in different direction.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Yup, Pierce is signing with Syracuse.

Something sounds slightly fishy about this situation because a player of that caliber should have more options than Syracuse.

Percho
12-15-2016, 01:41 PM
I think it as another poster posted concerning him. To many waves in the water since the very beginning,

17thebears
12-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Kid was a first ballot HoF'er this morning, and now he's not worthy of a roster spot? Things change quickly, I guess.

Percho
12-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Oh I believe he has a lot of potential even as a HOF er so does Dez B.

K9 Avenger
12-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Shocking the 3 year long "As Ravian Pierce turns" saga doesn't end well**

smootness
12-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Sounds and looks like we could use him like a Gronk or pre murderer Hernandez

To be fair, post-murder Hernandez was still pretty good.

smootness
12-15-2016, 01:56 PM

Something sounds slightly fishy about this situation because a player of that caliber should have more options than Syracuse.

It's always been that way. He was initially committed to FAU as a 4-star stud out of HS before we came in at the last minute. They said at the time it was just due to the fact that he wouldn't qualify, but guys who won't qualify are signed by good schools all the time.

fishwater99
12-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Pierce becomes our best redzone target the first day on campus

Merry Christmas Fitz

Well......

HSVDawg
12-15-2016, 02:20 PM
It's always been that way. He was initially committed to FAU as a 4-star stud out of HS before we came in at the last minute. They said at the time it was just due to the fact that he wouldn't qualify, but guys who won't qualify are signed by good schools all the time.

I think our coaches opinion of him probably wasn't as high as many posters and crootin experts on the message boards.

HoopsDawg
12-15-2016, 02:33 PM

I wonder if he was missing a class or something. The SEC requires an extra math class than everyone else. The Jackie Sherrill rule.

Cooterpoot
12-15-2016, 02:45 PM
He's just nuttier than a squirrel turd.

K9 Avenger
12-15-2016, 02:48 PM
LOL....could be ^^^^THIS^^^^

maroonmania
12-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Oh well, guess we need Guidry to get to that magical 10%! :)