PDA

View Full Version : Key signs Financial Aid With MSU

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 09:04 PM
Paul Jones
‏@PJ247Sports
For those worried, MSU commit Keytaon Thompson has signed financial-aid-agreement papers with MSU

Bdawg
12-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Great news!!! Awesome day for the dawgs!!!

RocketDawg
When do classes start for the Spring semester? I assume early January.

msstate7

Is there one that starts next week we can get key in?**

Cloak
12-14-2016, 09:09 PM

Classes start back up Jan. 9 for spring semester

Maroons
12-14-2016, 09:10 PM

January 9th

RougeDawg
12-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Is there one that starts next week we can get key in?**

Do they still have those 2 week crash course classes they used to offer between semesters? Sign him up if we do.

messageboardsuperhero
12-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Still don't know why anyone was worried in the first place...

Bothrops
12-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Thank you, God!

DownwardDawg
12-14-2016, 09:23 PM
Boom!!!!!

Commercecomet24
12-14-2016, 09:29 PM
I told y'all earlier in the day, that Frankie says "Relax". This is one day where our coaches had everything in order and did their work and then some. Now lets look forward to a big day in February too!

#HailState

mparkerfd20
12-14-2016, 09:36 PM
All of you guys jumping on those who were at least mildly worried until the ink dried can KMA. Key is one of the biggest recruits ever. I don't care if he is 4* or 5*, the kid is Cam Newton good! And with Mullen's history you can understand why everyone was excited and didn't want to be disappointed. Today was a HELL OF A DAY TO BE A DAWG!!

DownwardDawg
12-14-2016, 09:42 PM
All of you guys jumping on those who were at least mildly worried until the ink dried can KMA. Key is one of the biggest recruits ever. I don't care if he is 4* or 5*, the kid is Cam Newton good! And with Mullen's history you can understand why everyone was excited and didn't want to be disappointed. Today was a HELL OF A DAY TO BE A DAWG!!

This x 1,000!!!!!!

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 09:49 PM

This x 1,000!!!!!!

When a lot of people are saying "Aww, he's 100% ours" with a kid this good ... I feel almost dead certain that ain't the case. The extent other schools will go to to get him is unreal at times. One thing I will give cudos to Dan on is ... I feel pretty certain the program is almost squeaky clean.

archdog
12-14-2016, 09:57 PM
It's not hard to close, when the money pipeline from the north has been shut down by the NCAA squatters. Our campus atmosphere is great, our players graduate, our fanbase can be awesome and terrible at times, but if you are a baller the fanbase is probably pretty killer.

Dan keeps putting people in the NFL that actually play and produce. Got to keep this going.

JoseBrown
12-14-2016, 10:20 PM

The problem with this is Key wanted to be developed as Dak was being developed by Dak's coach on his own. Had to be the easiest recruiting job ever. No one ever needed to worry. Probably why LUS didn't recruit him, and they knew about him.

NCDawg
12-14-2016, 10:36 PM
Still don't know why anyone was worried in the first place...

Primarily because of the Lashly episode last year. Everybody was certain we had him.

Reason2succeed
12-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Mullen is licking his chops for the next what, 6 years? If things fall like they should Mississippi State has a very bright future ahead. Our offensive backfield is set and the cheaters up north have been momentarily neutralized by the NCAA which should allow us to get the OL and DL to push over the top. LSU will likely flounder under Coach Ogre. If we play our cards right we could do something that has only been done once in our history.

Bdawg
12-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Mullen is licking his chops for the next what, 6 years? If things fall like they should Mississippi State has a very bright future ahead. Our offensive backfield is set and the cheaters up north have been momentarily neutralized by the NCAA which should allow us to get the OL and DL to push over the top. LSU will likely flounder under Coach Ogre. If we play our cards right we could do something that has only been done once in our history.

Yep. But Mullen will have to do something he's never done too. Beat you know who.

Really Clark?
12-15-2016, 12:42 AM
The coaches and school are trying to get Key and the other HS kids who can, documented, cleared, registered, and on campus for some practices before our bowl game. It is an extreme time crunch so it may not happen but they are trying to get it done. If so, once registered and practicing I thing their recruiting is over at that point.

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 12:58 AM
Yep. But Mullen will have to do something he's never done too. Beat you know who.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saban retires by 5-6 years from now. If Dan can stay that long- and he could- I think we will beat Alabama every once in awhile like we did before.

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 01:01 AM
The coaches and school are trying to get Key and the other HS kids who can, documented, cleared, registered, and on campus for some practices before our bowl game. It is an extreme time crunch so it may not happen but they are trying to get it done. If so, once registered and practicing I thing their recruiting is over at that point.

Nick did that in 2013 and I think it gave him a leg up on Staley.

BossDawg
12-15-2016, 01:05 AM
I don't think we had very much to worry about with Thompson, although I'd be lying if I said I never was worried. The Cam Newton situation burned a lot of us. Anyway, I think Key just knows that Mullen is an ace at developing QBs and getting them ready for the pros. I believe more people outside of MSU are starting to see that, too.

Todd4State
12-15-2016, 01:23 AM
I don't think we had very much to worry about with Thompson, although I'd be lying if I said I never was worried. The Cam Newton situation burned a lot of us. Anyway, I think Key just knows that Mullen is an ace at developing QBs and getting them ready for the pros. I believe more people outside of MSU are starting to see that, too.

Dak has changed our perception big time. We're going to start getting more and more great QB's going forward. I wonder if Dan and Brian are going to start putting on QB development clinics for MS high school coaches if they don't already? Polk used to do clinics like that for baseball in the 80's and I think it went a long way as far as developing baseball in Mississippi at the high school level.

SailingDawg
12-15-2016, 07:59 AM
I wish people would stop comparing Key to Cam Newton. I know you are talking about talent, but Cam stole, cheated, and lied at UF. His arrogance is only outdone by his crybaby antics.

Dak's playing well this year, let's compare Key to him!

Bama_Dawg
12-15-2016, 08:26 AM
I wish people would stop comparing Key to Cam Newton. I know you are talking about talent, but Cam stole, cheated, and lied at UF. His arrogance is only outdone by his crybaby antics.

How about we compare him to no one? He is similar to some QBs we have and have had in the past. Key will be his own QB, and if he can stay healthy and continue to keep his head on straight, the sky's really the limit for him as a QB and as a person. I think he's got a leg up on some of our current and past QBs because he's a bit better passer coming out of HS than they were. I can't wait to see him shred defenses as our starting QB in a couple years.

It certainly is a great day to be a DAWG...now let's close it out with a great bowl win and win again the first Wednesday in February.

Bdawg
12-15-2016, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Saban retires by 5-6 years from now. If Dan can stay that long- and he could- I think we will beat Alabama every once in awhile like we did before.

Agree. But you referenced within the next 6 years. Hopefully Saban retires sooner, but to get to Atlanta with K. Thompson and crew, more than likely, Dan will have to beat Saban.

mparkerfd20
12-15-2016, 12:07 PM

For clarity for those that lack common sense, when I refer to Key as being a Cam Newton type recruit I mean in what he will bring to the team. NOT in the antics of that POS Cam Newton himself. I'm expecting big things out of Key. While Dak had a HUGE impact on our team, Cam had an even bigger impact on Auburn, like it or not, and probably would have for us as well. That's why I said he's a Cam type recruit instead of a Dak type recruit.

NCDawg
12-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Agree. But you referenced within the next 6 years. Hopefully Saban retires sooner, but to get to Atlanta with K. Thompson and crew, more than likely, Dan will have to beat Saban.

I agree, and in order to have any hope in beating Saban, we have to have better OL recruiting, and a new OL coach in my opinion. I think this JC recruiting class was pretty solid regarding bringing in defensive talent.