PDA

View Full Version : Not bashing on Saban or Bama but.......

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 04:59 PM
He has been there for 10 years or so. This year he had 15 five stars and 37 four stars on roster. Over the years he has signed all the four stars and five stars recruits that he wanted out of high school. You have to ask, "Why is he signing JUCO's?" I understand state and ole miss having to sign JUCO's to fill depth but for the life of me why does Bama waste a scholarship on guys who will at most only be there two years?

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Nothing wrong with bashing Saban. While we need to learn from him ... more bashing may be needed ****

He be processing guys and a lot of his undergrads go pro too. He refills some with more experienced players and plugs them right in.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Nothing wrong with bashing Saban. While we need to learn from him ... more bashing may be needed ****

He be processing guys and a lot of his undergrads go pro too. He refills some with more experienced players and plugs them right in.

That's what schools like MSU and Ole Miss have to do but hell he had 15 five stars and 37 four stars. Surely he already has the depth on roster to replace guys leaving early.

DanDority
12-14-2016, 05:09 PM

Bingo!

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Some of those 5 & 4* guys on roster are on the 3 - 4 deep and don't always pan out ... or he and his staff don't think they will. So he'll get them out of there. Then he's losing a bunch to the draft this year I believe, especially on D. He loves Juco guys for D linemen and goes Juco for them quite often.

DanDority
12-14-2016, 05:11 PM
That's what schools like MSU and Ole Miss have to do but hell he had 15 five stars and 37 four stars. Surely he already has the depth on roster to replace guys leaving early.

That's why they are the best at winning.

DanDority
12-14-2016, 05:13 PM
Some of those 5 & 4* guys on roster are on the 3 - 4 deep and don't always pan out ... or he and his staff don't think they will. So he'll get them out of there. Then he's losing a bunch to the draft this year I believe, especially on D. He loves Juco guys for D linemen and goes Juco for them quite often.

Exactly, look no further than our very on roster and a 5* we once had, No further information should be needed.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 05:16 PM
All good points.

mparkerfd20
12-14-2016, 05:31 PM
**** that guy. He can go straight to hell.

ElectroDawg
12-14-2016, 05:36 PM
He has been there for 10 years or so. This year he had 15 five stars and 37 four stars on roster. Over the years he has signed all the four stars and five stars recruits that he wanted out of high school. You have to ask, "Why is he signing JUCO's?" I understand state and ole miss having to sign JUCO's to fill depth but for the life of me why does Bama waste a scholarship on guys who will at most only be there two years?

I was wondering the same thing when someone posted that Bama had one of our targets in limbo.

Tbonewannabe
12-14-2016, 05:51 PM
Saban literally looks at who gives him the best chance to win Right Now. He will take those 5 & 4 star guys for depth but you better believe those guys are on the bench if a guy from Juco is an upgrade. Probably why he won't go back to the NFL. He likes having an advantage over pretty much everyone he plays. He also gets pissed if someone doesn't buy into the system of playing on special teams with the chance to play if someone gets hurt. Anyone want to transfer out to start somewhere and he gets mad that his depth and advantage takes a hit.

maroonmania
12-14-2016, 06:38 PM
They are getting back to the old days before the scholly limit in that they are signing guys just to keep them away from the competition as much as they are for need on their own part. You can do that when you get most everyone you target.

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 06:45 PM
They are getting back to the old days before the scholly limit in that they are signing guys just to keep them away from the competition as much as they are for need on their own part. You can do that when you get most everyone you target.

Like Bear did. I'm sorta leaning to that line of thinking some too. Saban, Meyer, and maybe Harbaugh can probably do that to a decent extent. Then just process them out after a year or 2.

mstatefan91
12-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Bash on them all you want. They have been doing this for years. They take players that other schools need desperately and leave them on the bench just so said school can't use the athlete against them on the field.

It's the nature of the game, and Saban has had few qualms using this technique.

Token Bammer
12-14-2016, 06:58 PM
Bash on them all you want. They have been doing this for years. They take players that other schools need desperately and leave them on the bench just so said school can't use the athlete against them on the field.

It's the nature of the game, and Saban has had few qualms using this technique.

Lol. No.

Has nothing to do with taking a player from someone else. No one, including Saban and Alabama, can afford to recruit anyone they don't intend on playing. Not with the 85 rule.

He adds Juco players when he needs experienced depth at a position. He NEVER takes a Juco he doesn't feel will not play immediately.

TUSK
12-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Lol. No.

Has nothing to do with taking a player from someone else. No one, including Saban and Alabama, can afford to recruit anyone they don't intend on playing. Not with the 85 rule.

He adds Juco players when he needs experienced depth at a position. He NEVER takes a Juco he doesn't feel will not play immediately.

Correct. He doesn't blow a skolly to hamstring anyone... He just wants to be better...

Additionally, with the high turnover, JUCOs make a seamless transition when they rock...

4 of the top 5 2017 JUCOs are either going to, or coming from Bammer....

msbulldog
12-14-2016, 07:38 PM

Yep, back to the Vaught and Bear days signing players, just to keep them from playing against them. How many players from Mississippi has Nick signed and made it to their first team? He signs them and processes them and ruins them. He's very smart and he's dealing with high school kids, who see the glory and not the reality!

msbulldog
12-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Lol. No.

Bullshit!

TUSK
12-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Yep, back to the Vaught and Bear days signing players, just to keep them from playing against them. How many players from Mississippi has Nick signed and made it to their first team? He signs them and processes them and ruins them. He's very smart and he's dealing with high school kids, who see the glory and not the reality!

I'd like to know the numbers, as well... what are they?

and the days of Bryant/Vaught signings are completely incomparable to today....

TUSK
12-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Bullshit!

No.

Token Bammer
12-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Bullshit!

Haha....

TUSK
12-14-2016, 09:51 PM
Haha....

Can you think of any others (08-14)?

2014 – Jarren Reed (JUCO) – Starter
2013 – none.
2012 – Deion Belue (JUCO) – Starter
2011 – Malcome Faciane – Processed
2011 - Quinton Dial (JUCO) – Starter
2010 – Dequan Menzie – Starter
2010 – Brandon Lewis (JUCO) – Processed
2009 – Rod Woodson – Part time starter/nickelback
2009 – Kevin Norwood – Starter
2009 – Anthony Steen – Starter
2008 – Alonzo Lawrence – Processed
2008 – Terrance Cody (JUCO) – Starter

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 09:56 PM
Can you think of any others (08-14)?

2014 – Jarren Reed (JUCO) – Starter
2013 – none.
2012 – Deion Belue (JUCO) – Starter
2011 – Malcome Faciane – Processed
2011 - Quinton Dial (JUCO) – Starter
2010 – Dequan Menzie – Starter
2010 – Brandon Lewis (JUCO) – Processed
2009 – Rod Woodson – Part time starter/nickelback
2009 – Kevin Norwood – Starter
2009 – Anthony Steen – Starter
2008 – Alonzo Lawrence – Processed
2008 – Terrance Cody (JUCO) – Starter

C'mon mane. We on a Saban hating binge right now. Don't mess it up!! *****

TUSK
12-14-2016, 10:07 PM
C'mon mane. We on a Saban hating binge right now. Don't mess it up!! *****

Damn, I musta thought I was on the Political Board breakin' out facts, and all....**********

Dallas_Dawg
12-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Tusk/Token, any word from practice about Lashley, Knott, and Raekwon Davis?
All I've heard is that Raekwon got a few snaps this year and looks like a monster at DT.
You have any more info? Thanks

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 10:22 PM
Damn, I musta thought I was on the Political Board breakin' out facts, and all....**********

Yea ... take your facts back over there ha! There's only so much grudging admiration we can have for the process over on this side ********

TUSK
12-14-2016, 10:33 PM
Tusk/Token, any word from practice about Lashley, Knott, and Raekwon Davis?
All I've heard is that Raekwon got a few snaps this year and looks like a monster at DT.
You have any more info? Thanks

Lashley & Knott got a RS... If either are going to pan out, we'll see them a little next year...

Raekwon played a few snaps in trash time, but is LEGIT, IMO... at times, he pushed the pocket...

Coaches & players dig em... He'll prolly be a 1B next year and maybe a 1A the following...

maroonmania
12-14-2016, 11:47 PM
Correct. He doesn't blow a skolly to hamstring anyone... He just wants to be better...

Additionally, with the high turnover, JUCOs make a seamless transition when they rock...

4 of the top 5 2017 JUCOs are either going to, or coming from Bammer....

Well he isn't exactly signing scrubs that others want. So yes, they are very good players, but they are players often signing up to sit behind an already stacked position. Of course from the Bama perspective its well, you can never have enough depth. And yes that's true, but no other school in the Southeast has the luxury to recruit that way because of significant needs at other positions.

TUSK
12-15-2016, 12:14 AM
Well he isn't exactly signing scrubs that others want. So yes, they are very good players, but they are players often signing up to sit behind an already stacked position. Of course from the Bama perspective its well, you can never have enough depth. And yes that's true, but no other school in the Southeast has the luxury to recruit that way because of significant needs at other positions.

That's most every player we sign... not just guys from MS...