PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to take a stab at 2 deep D-line...

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 03:18 PM
We are losing 6 seniors and have missed on some HS guys thus the big Juco need today.

Here's mine:

1st team
DE: Cory Thomas
NG: Jeff Simmons
DE: Chauncey Rivers
Viper: Montez Sweat

2nd team
DE: Fletcher Adams
NG: Lee Autry
DE: Deion Pope
Viper: Marquiss Spencer

Might as well go 3rd team-Good to have 12 bodies here now.
DE: Kobe Jones
NG: Tre Brown
DE: Braxton Hoyette
Viper: Anfernee Mullins-assuming he stays with the team

GTHOM
12-14-2016, 03:21 PM
If thats where we are the JUCO kids cant be normal State JUCO kids. They have to be ready from day 1. Marquis Spencer is a starter next year, Gerri Green will put his hand in the dirt too. Also Fletcher Adams is probably a starter with another offseason and spring under his belt

Jarius
12-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Man if these guys pan out our defense has a chance to do a 180 from last year. What a great job By the staff. We need 1 cornerback to step up and if everyone plays to their talent level we will be very good on defense.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 03:29 PM
If thats where we are the JUCO kids cant be normal State JUCO kids. They have to be ready from day 1. Marquis Spencer is a starter next year, Gerri Green will put his hand in the dirt too. Also Fletcher Adams is probably a starter with another offseason and spring under his belt

True. One thing to consider though is all these guys have played D1 before.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 03:38 PM

Gerri Green will be starting at LB more than likely next to Leo Lewis. I agree that Spencer could beat out Sweat, I went back and forth. I have just heard a lot of people rave about Sweat's pass rushing ability and that is a huge need. Sweat also played at Michigan State for a year and will be a junior, Spencer will be a true sophomore. Regardless, they will both play equal snaps more than likely.

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2016, 03:59 PM
We are losing 6 seniors and have missed on some HS guys thus the big Juco need today.

Here's mine:

1st team
DE: Cory Thomas
NG: Jeff Simmons
DE: Chauncey Rivers
Viper: Montez Sweat

2nd team
DE: Fletcher Adams
NG: Lee Autry
DE: Deion Pope
Viper: Marquiss Spencer

Might as well go 3rd team-Good to have 12 bodies here now.
DE: Kobe Jones
NG: Tre Brown
DE: Braxton Hoyette
Viper: Anfernee Mullins-assuming he stays with the team

Smells like an invitation for Dan-O to revive 1A - 1B, his hockey line shift dreams come to fruition!!****

notoriousdog
12-14-2016, 04:06 PM
Looks good. Didn't Mullins already announce that he is transferring?

NCDawg
12-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Gerri Green will be starting at LB more than likely next to Leo Lewis. I agree that Spencer could beat out Sweat, I went back and forth. I have just heard a lot of people rave about Sweat's pass rushing ability and that is a huge need. Sweat also played at Michigan State for a year and will be a junior, Spencer will be a true sophomore. Regardless, they will both play equal snaps more than likely.

Gerri Green has to get a whole lot tougher. Every time I've focused on him, he doesn't seem to give it his all. I'm sure he has talent, and he has the physique. He just needs to have the desire.

Homedawg
12-14-2016, 04:22 PM
Gerri Green has to get a whole lot tougher. Every time I've focused on him, he doesn't seem to give it his all. I'm sure he has talent, and he has the physique. He just needs to have the desire.

I don't think it has anything to do w toughness or desire, he just isn't an instinctive player. He looks like he constantly thinking instead reacting and it makes him a step slow to the ball carrier or in coverage.

msstate7
12-14-2016, 04:34 PM
I don't think it has anything to do w toughness or desire, he just isn't an instinctive player. He looks like he constantly thinking instead reacting and it makes him a step slow to the ball carrier or in coverage.

Think 2 schemes in 2 years could be the cause? Hopefully it is and he turns it on this year

mstatefan91
12-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Think 2 schemes in 2 years could be the cause? Hopefully it is and he turns it on this year

I think this was a big issue with a lot of the young players this year. Then throw on a couple of tough losses, and it is easy for them to give up. That first 4th down stop at TSUN probably did more good than we will ever know.

preachermatt83
12-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Kobe has a shot at a lot of PT.

GTHOM
12-14-2016, 07:34 PM
In my opinion its time for Gerri Green to live up to the hype