PDA

View Full Version : Currently, we have 62 scholarship players...

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 10:19 AM
on the roster for 2017. That's 23 open spots. We hope to add 14 players today. I hear we will sign about 30. So look for 7 players to move on. FYI: I included Mullins in that number since he has been practicing but didn't include Tiano, Dam Williams, or Kelan Chairs since it has been announced they are leaving.

I would think at least 1 RB, an O-linemen, and D-linemen and maybe a DB or 2 will be processed.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Add a couple of WR to the list.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Add a couple of WR to the list.

Yep, I know of 1. Also, if Pierce signs today we will be carrying 6 scholarship TE's. That seems like a lot.

msstate7
12-14-2016, 10:28 AM
Yep, I know of 1. Also, if Pierce signs today we will be carrying 6 scholarship TE's. That seems like a lot.

More of the egg bowl scheme coming? Didn't we use 2 te sets more there or am I dreaming?

Bubb Rubb
12-14-2016, 10:34 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see a position change in there somewhere. A little attrition may happen, too.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 10:36 AM
More of the egg bowl scheme coming? Didn't we use 2 te sets more there or am I dreaming?

If we sign Pierce, I think we will definitely line him up out wide and all over the field like the Pats do with Gronk.

Bubb Rubb
12-14-2016, 10:40 AM
If we sign Pierce, I think we will definitely line him up out wide and all over the field like the Pats do with Gronk.

The better comp for Pierce would be Evan Engram. Virtually the same size, build and skill set. More of a tweener, but would be a definite weapon in Mullen's offense.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 10:58 AM
The better comp for Pierce would be Evan Engram. Virtually the same size, build and skill set. More of a tweener, but would be a definite weapon in Mullen's offense.

I agree on Engram. Not comparing Pierce to Gronk, just how Mullen plans to use him. The key for Pierce will be getting in the film room and studying. But Pierce isn't in the boat yet.

HSVDawg
12-14-2016, 11:58 AM
on the roster for 2017. That's 23 open spots. We hope to add 14 players today. I hear we will sign about 30. So look for 7 players to move on. FYI: I included Mullins in that number since he has been practicing but didn't include Tiano, Dam Williams, or Kelan Chairs since it has been announced they are leaving.

I would think at least 1 RB, an O-linemen, and D-linemen and maybe a DB or 2 will be processed.

You must have counted differently than I did. I came up with 58 about a week ago after the 2nd Hankerson arrest (assuming he will be gone) and also accounting for Mullins, Tiano, and Williams all transferring out. I think we may have a few more spots available and fully expect us to sign a combined 30 players (at least) when you combine both December and February signees.

ETA: sorry, reread your post and saw how you counted. Looks like we agreed (except I don't think Chairs was ever on scholarship).

Goldendawg
12-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Chairs was put on scholarship this past pre-season.