PDA

View Full Version : Are y'all following the Wake Forest thing?

Liverpooldawg
12-14-2016, 09:33 AM
It seems their radio announcer has been leaking game plans to opponents for three years. Wild. I guess there is something to be said for having total homers in the booth. One question though: Is it common to share game plans with your radio guys?

defiantdog
12-14-2016, 09:34 AM
I can't believe no one turned him in prior..... 3 years?!?!?!?! And no one turned him in?!

Irondawg
12-14-2016, 09:35 AM
The radio guys are usually around the facility alot so some of the ones I know would occassionally sit in on meetings, etc.

SailingDawg
12-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Ole miss' announcers are homers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are a part of The Network.

Also, who needs info on Wake Forest?

Reason2succeed
12-14-2016, 09:39 AM
If someone is found to be leaking info in the SEC getting fired will be the least of their issues.

Really Clark?
12-14-2016, 09:39 AM
The guy was a coach with Grobe for years before not being retained by the new staff.

Boodawg
12-14-2016, 09:40 AM
They said on radio that the guy was granted full access to all meetings and such. What a douche. And yeah, I can't believe that the opposing schools coaches didn't do the right thing and turn the guy in. I'd be interested to see which schools he gave info to.

Todd4State
12-14-2016, 09:42 AM
Why would anyone do that? Did he have an axe to grind?

msstate7
12-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Is there any punishment that can be given besides termination?

louisvilledawg
12-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Why would anyone do that? Did he have an axe to grind?

He used to be a coach for them, and wasn't retained like two years ago so he joined the IMG radio group for them.

That could've had something to do with it

smootness
12-14-2016, 09:54 AM
Is there any punishment that can be given besides termination?

You can be sued.

thf24
12-14-2016, 10:13 AM
They said on radio that the guy was granted full access to all meetings and such. What a douche. And yeah, I can't believe that the opposing schools coaches didn't do the right thing and turn the guy in. I'd be interested to see which schools he gave info to.

Probably leaked it anonymously.

Political Hack
12-14-2016, 10:48 AM
That guy needs to get the full metal jacket treatment and then be fired. Every ounce of work and sweat those kids put in the last 3 years has been compromised by one asshat!?!!!! If this is true, he deserves much worse than just being fired.

Reason2succeed
12-14-2016, 11:06 AM
The teams that used that info should be punished as well. (Surely we didn't use any when we played them.)

There used to be this thing called sportsmanship. Everyone wants to blame players for the lack of it but it starts with the grown men doing the right thing.

maroonmania
12-14-2016, 11:15 AM
The teams that used that info should be punished as well. (Surely we didn't use any when we played them.)

There used to be this thing called sportsmanship. Everyone wants to blame players for the lack of it but it starts with the grown men doing the right thing.

We haven't played them since the MC Bowl after the 2011 season. He's only been doing the for the past couple of years as I understand it.

AusTexDawg
12-15-2016, 12:41 PM

+1.

I love college football, but lack of character and willingness to cut corners runs amok throughout the sport and has since its earliest days. (I recommend reading John Miller's The Big Scrum if you're interested in the sordid history of early college football.) This Wakeyleaks incident prompted this article about other incidents of football espionage (http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/211165636/wake-forest-football-spying-history-coaches), including Tulane spying on State in 1983. I'm guessing some of you old-timers may recall this. Any recollections?

DancingRabbit
12-15-2016, 12:54 PM
The Louisville AD says the info wasn't helpful, so no harm no foul.

"Lonnie received a call from Elrod during the week of the Wake Forest game, and some information was shared with him that week," Jurich said in a statement. "Among the communication were a few plays that were sent and then shared with our defensive staff. None of the special plays were run during the course of the game. Our defense regularly prepares for similar formations every week in their normal game plan.

"Any other information that may have been discussed was nothing that our staff had not already seen while studying Wake Forest in their preparations for the game and the material was not given any further attention. I'm disappointed that this issue has brought undue attention to our football staff as we prepare for our upcoming bowl game."

The leaker worked for Jim Grobe for 11 seasons. Grobe says he's a good guy.

"If Tommy made any mistakes, I know he didn't do it maliciously."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18279216/louisville-cardinals-admit-receiving-leaked-plays-prior-game-vs-wake-forest-demon-deacons

Bdawg
12-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Booger and finebaum roasting Louisville on something about this topic on espn right now. I just turned it on and missed some of it. They were really on the AD hard and Finebaum basically called Patrino a scum bag(which is true). They were talking about what kind of punishment should be dished out.

Still haven't figured out what Avery sees in them over SEC schools