PDA

View Full Version : Signing day part 1 thread

Pages : 1 [2]

preachermatt83
12-14-2016, 03:35 PM
The interview with Pope on head to head was outstanding. I am VERY VERY impressed with this young man.

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2016, 03:36 PM
why is 247 the end all be all now? Their people are no more trust worthy than Scout or Rivals.

starkvegasdawg
12-14-2016, 03:36 PM
Abram or Abraham? Tomato or tomato?

Mother dick.

Bothrops
12-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Frick yeah! This shit is awesome.

Really Clark?
12-14-2016, 03:40 PM
why is 247 the end all be all now? Their people are no more trust worthy than Scout or Rivals.

Paul just shoots straight and has never really created drama with one of our recruits.

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Paul just shoots straight and has never really created drama with one of our recruits.

Dude, that's not even remotely accurate. He's a recruiting writer. It's his job to create drama. He's no worse than anyone else, but he sure as hell isn't any better. And just for a reference, this same company employs an OM guy you all seem to hate. The more drama, the more clicks.

maroonmania
12-14-2016, 03:44 PM
So now we wait for official word on Cole, Rivers and Pierce? Anyone else? I know there is Martin but sounds like we are a longshot for that one. Is Avery signing FA with anyone today?

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 03:46 PM
So now we wait for official word on Cole, Rivers and Pierce? Anyone else? I know there is Martin but sounds like we are a longshot for that one. Is Avery signing FA with anyone today?

That's it, just those 3. Martin to Arkansas most likely. Avery is announcing tonight at 7. Dang, we are going to have 5 juniors at safety that can all play. Have I mentioned I really wish we ran a 4-2-5.

Really Clark?
12-14-2016, 03:48 PM
Dude, that's not even remotely accurate. He's a recruiting writer. It's his job to create drama. He's no worse than anyone else, but he sure as hell isn't any better. And just for a reference, this same company employs an OM guy you all seem to hate. The more drama, the more clicks.

When has Paul every went public that we dropped a player when we didn't? It created a mess of drama when one of the other guys did so. And let's not overlook Devinner either.

thf24
12-14-2016, 03:50 PM
Dang, we are going to have 5 juniors at safety that can all play. Have I mentioned I really wish we ran a 4-2-5.

Is it too much of a long shot to hope that might be exactly why we're signing all these guys?

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2016, 03:51 PM
When has Paul every went public that we dropped a player when we didn't? It created a mess of drama when one of the other guys did so. And let's not overlook Devinner either.

Let's not overlook Devinner. Let's also not over look his numerical buddy and a certain member of this site he was in bed with. How quick we all forget.

bobcat91
12-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Martin signs with arkansas

bobcat91
12-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Paul said that Cole's papers are in and we are waiting for MSU to release it.

Really Clark?
12-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Let's not overlook Devinner. Let's also not over look his numerical buddy and a certain member of this site he was in bed with. How quick we all forget.

Whatever. You asked why many like 247, I answered. He is as straight as he can be both ways. We can continue some other time but not in this thread. We celebrating today!!

maroonmania
12-14-2016, 03:56 PM

Any worries on Rivers?

Vandownbytheriver
12-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Whatever. You asked why many like 247, I answered. He is as straight as he can be both ways. We can continue some other time but not in this thread. We celebrating today!!

I agree. Go Dawgs!

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Saban is still keeping Rivers warm. Ridiculous

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2016, 03:58 PM
impressive

defiantdog
12-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Saban is still keeping Rivers warm. Ridiculous

They got Buggs, now they're just toying with him. He told the Bama staff that he really like MSU this morning, so we'll see.

msstate7
12-14-2016, 04:18 PM
They got Buggs, now they're just toying with him. He told the Bama staff that he really like MSU this morning, so we'll see.

How does that even work?

Rivers: I really like msu

Bama: well you know, they're ok, but if you wanna win big, we're the choice

Rivers: send me the papers and I'll sign

Bama: well we just gotta wait and see about a few things

That's where I'd hang up and sign with the program that wants me

HSVDawg
12-14-2016, 04:19 PM
That's it, just those 3. Martin to Arkansas most likely. Avery is announcing tonight at 7. Dang, we are going to have 5 juniors at safety that can all play. Have I mentioned I really wish we ran a 4-2-5.

I'd say we have 3 that can play at least, and those are the 3 that we signed (or at least plan to sign). Saying we have any on campus that can play safety is a sketchy proposition at best.

msstate7
12-14-2016, 04:24 PM
I'd say we have 3 that can play at least, and those are the 3 that we signed (or at least plan to sign). Saying we have any on campus that can play safety is a sketchy proposition at best.
I think McLaurin showed some promise

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 04:30 PM
How does that even work?

Rivers: I really like msu

I think McLaurin showed some promise

I just agreed with you 2 times in a row *****

May need Congressional hearings to break up the REC/Saban monopoly ... like they did with Rockefeller & Standard Oil.

Bothrops
12-14-2016, 04:37 PM
I might actually hate Nick Saban.

Cooterpoot
12-14-2016, 04:39 PM

Devinner was a Scout/Rosebowl deal.

defiantdog
12-14-2016, 04:40 PM
How does that even work?

Bama: We need you to wait. We really want you to be a part of our program, but we need to make room first

Rivers: You know I like Bama, but I really like msu too

fixed it

the59dawg
12-14-2016, 04:44 PM

I agree with Really Clarke. You the one who is off base on Paul IMO

the59dawg
12-14-2016, 04:47 PM

Now I agree with this part of your statement.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 04:48 PM
James Jackson just signed.

msstate7
12-14-2016, 04:48 PM
I might actually hate Nick Saban.

I don't hate em. He's just really good.

I'm different than most recruits in that I'm highly competitive and like the idea of being a part of something special. I realize the Fab 5 wasn't put together fairly, but I love how those kids came together and wanted to win at a program that wasn't at the top at the time. That's part of why they're remembered till this day. Winning big at duke (basketball), Kentucky (basketball), and bama (football) is expected. No one will look back with fondness at '15 bama... not like '90 Colorado (football) or '83 nc state (basketball). I wish a really good couple of classes of miss HS and juco kids for a few years straight came together with a dream like that for miss state.

When I played NCAA on ps, I never played with the best team

I seen it dawg
12-14-2016, 04:57 PM

This username and persona needs to get the **** back under the rock it's been hiding under. Don't be a ****ing douchebag.

mparkerfd20
12-14-2016, 05:03 PM
Amazing to think one of our weaknesses this year could be a strength next year. Nice to see all these DBs in the fold.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 05:03 PM

Why? Are we playing games with another school.

Really Clark?
12-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Abram officially announced a Dawg!!

defiantdog
12-14-2016, 05:06 PM
So our secondary for 2017 has stepped up today in a big way.

Safeties: McLaurin, Bryant, Cole, Abram, CJ Morgan

Corners: Landrews, Peters, Durr, Dantzler, Graham, Cleveland, Jiles, Stamps, Smitherman, Rayford, Charles

I'm not sure if Landrews is going to play DB or Safety yet. But we are starting to really beef up our secondary. I expect Abram to push Bryant for the starting gig. I also expect Cole to step up his game. That guy was the number athlete out of the state of Michigan a few years ago. He's gotta put it together.

chef dixon
12-14-2016, 05:14 PM
Hope all these JUCO guys pan out. Need to haul in some younger guys as well to keep the flow going. I don't understand the logic of Avery not coming here because we signed too many JUCOs, he will certainly redshirt and they will be seniors when he sees the field.

I want to see Korey Charles, Dantzler and CJ MW play because they can be studs for 4 years.

mparkerfd20
12-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Just realized H2H is doing a Signing Day program from the lobby of where I work. Got Avery in here now.

louisvilledawg
12-14-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't hate em. He's just really good.

I'm different than most recruits in that I'm highly competitive and like the idea of being a part of something special. I realize the Fab 5 wasn't put together fairly, but I love how those kids came together and wanted to win at a program that wasn't at the top at the time. That's part of why they're remembered till this day. Winning big at duke (basketball), Kentucky (basketball), and bama (football) is expected. No one will look back with fondness at '15 bama... not like '90 Colorado (football) or '83 nc state (basketball). I wish a really good couple of classes of miss HS and juco kids for a few years straight came together with a dream like that for miss state.

When I played NCAA on ps, I never played with the best team

Didnt you basically just sum up what ole miss has been pitching recruits for the last three years?

You know they werent put together fairly, but love how they wanted to win at a program that wasn't at the top?

17 them and the horse they rode in on

Really Clark?
12-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Cole is in officially. Welcome to the Family!!

trob115
12-14-2016, 05:36 PM
So is Rivers signing today ?

Bothrops
Cole is in officially. Welcome to the Family!!

Awesome.

msstate7
Didnt you basically just sum up what ole miss has been pitching recruits for the last three years?

You know they werent put together fairly, but love how they wanted to win at a program that wasn't at the top?

17 them and the horse they rode in on

I guess I inadvertently did... I was picturing more like our current basketball team coming together at a non-traditional power minus the rampant cheating

defiantdog
12-14-2016, 05:41 PM
I can't wait to see Autry line up at NG. That dude is as wide as 3 linemen.

BulldogDX55
12-14-2016, 05:52 PM
So is Rivers signing today ?

No one knows. Saban is jerking him around.

bulldog2488
12-14-2016, 05:53 PM
So, is it still a foregone conclusion that Avery won't sign with us? Especially considering that many have said he probably ends up a LB anyway. Just noticed he still hasn't committed anywhere.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 05:56 PM
So, is it still a foregone conclusion that Avery won't sign with us? Especially considering that many have said he probably ends up a LB anyway. Just noticed he still hasn't committed anywhere.

Probably going to Louisville, but no one quite has any clue why

defiantdog
12-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Rivers could be making a decision that'll get him processed in a year.

HSVDawg
12-14-2016, 05:58 PM

Avery is supposed to announce his commitment at 6 PM tonight. May sign financial aid paperwork or may not, don't really know or care. But, like Thompson, he can't officially bind himself to a school until February. Of course, he's an EE so he'll be somewhere before then. Most likely Louisville.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-14-2016, 05:59 PM

haha.....you ready for this one?..... Buddy told me that Steve said he got a text that someone sent to him saying Avery's dad "got into the limo wearing maroon". We're down to following what color clothing family is wearing and reporting on that. So, I guess we'll see if it's us or Texas A&M. Or the dad just had a hard time trying to find that funky red that Louisville was wearing at the end of the year.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 06:02 PM
haha.....you ready for this one?..... Buddy told me that Steve said he got a text that someone sent to him saying Avery's dad "got into the limo wearing maroon". We're down to following what color clothing family is wearing and reporting on that. So, I guess we'll see if it's us or Texas A&M. Or the dad just had a hard time trying to find that funky red that Louisville was wearing at the end of the year.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but who knows with this kid. It's possible he's just been keeping people guessing to build suspense.

Would love to have him, but, to be honest after today, we don't have to have him

mparkerfd20
12-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Avery had on a plaid shirt with a gray sweater over it when I saw him earlier. The plaid wasn't the color of State or Louisville.

Bothrops
12-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Avery announces at 6, supposedly.

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up, but who knows with this kid. It's possible he's just been keeping people guessing to build suspense.

Would love to have him, but, to be honest after today, we don't have to have him

Be careful, be very careful ... or you'll be put on THE LIST *****

CadaverDawg
12-14-2016, 06:11 PM
Steve just had a good point...said he wouldn't be shocked if Avery chose Ole Miss in anticipation of the McGriff hiring. That would be a typical Ole Miss move to attempt to steal some thunder at the end of a terrible day for them and a big day for MSU. I actually agree. Plus, then they could say Avery chose them before McGriff was even named, while we all know that it would be because McGriff was already telling their family he would be at OM

mparkerfd20
12-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Steve just had a good point...said he wouldn't be shocked if Avery chose Ole Miss in anticipation of the McGriff hiring. That would be a typical Ole Miss move to attempt to steal some thunder at the end of a terrible day for them and a big day for MSU. I actually agree. Plus, then they could say Avery chose them before McGriff was even named, while we all know that it would be because McGriff was already telling their family he would be at OM

Well he did have a red, white, and blue plaid shirt on when I saw him earlier. :p

CadaverDawg
12-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Well he did have a red, white, and blue plaid shirt on when I saw him earlier. :p

Hmm

CadaverDawg
12-14-2016, 06:28 PM

His Dad has on a maroon shirt too. As hidden as his recruitment has been, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a big orchestrated deal to try and spurn MSU and sign with Ole Miss and try to steal the day. Little do they know that that Titanic dumpster fire needs Avery FAAAAR worse than we do right now. For perception alone. Avery would be dumb to go there though. We'll see shortly.

Gotta give the kid props for keeping everyone guessing, ha

mstatefan91
12-14-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm wearing maroon right now, but I didn't sign MSU... ;)

TBF, I didn't sign anywhere though... (athletically, that is...)

ok my joke sucks lol

JoseBrown
12-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Steve just had a good point...said he wouldn't be shocked if Avery chose Ole Miss...That would be a typical Ole Miss move to attempt to steal some thunder at the end of a terrible day for them and a big day for MSU?

Maybe we've got Rivers paperwork in and just waiting on Avery to do that. Then immediately we release Rivers signing... I can hope..

I seen it dawg
12-14-2016, 06:47 PM

So what

CadaverDawg
12-14-2016, 06:55 PM
So what

Agreed

RocketDawg
12-14-2016, 07:13 PM

Who's providing the limo? Is that standard procedure for JUCO signees?

Dallas_Dawg
12-14-2016, 07:33 PM
Mike Bonner's twitter says CJ Avery to Auburn. Good luck. Jermaine Whitehead 2.0

HSVDawg
12-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Who's providing the limo? Is that standard procedure for JUCO signees?

Avery isn't a JUCO.

Cloak
12-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Mike Bonner's twitter says CJ Avery to Auburn. Good luck. Jermaine Whitehead 2.0

You got trolled. It was a fake account that posted that. Not actually Bonner.

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Deleted

ETA - Damn fake twitter

Really Clark?
12-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Lol. Hill tweets that Avery hasn't announced yet, he is sitting right beside him. Haha

PonderThis1
12-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Rivers signed.

GTHOM
12-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Add all this up, if we win the basketball game tonight this has been a hell of a day

msstate7
12-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Add all this up, if we win the basketball game tonight this has been a hell of a day

Yep. Big basketball game tonight

Cloak
12-14-2016, 08:01 PM
Damn. Avery to Louisville

PonderThis1
12-14-2016, 08:03 PM

Still a great day. And not sure if it's sour grapes but all of you who say he's a slow tweeter make it a little easier to lose him.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 08:06 PM

If we ran a 4-2-5, I would be more upset.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Rivers signed.

This is a guy who can play DE in a 3-4 and rush the passer. That's valuable b/c we didn't get much pressure from that spot this year.

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 08:07 PM
If we ran a 4-3-5, I would be more upset.

Not me. I would love that defense if only it were legal ****

MetEdDawg
12-14-2016, 08:09 PM
Not me. I would love that defense if only it were legal ****

Not sure even having 12 would have helped us this year

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 08:10 PM

damn, ya'll are fast with the smart assesness, i edited it immediately.

Jarius
12-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Anyone that has offers from SEC schools and goes to Louisville is an idiot....or scared of competition.

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 08:11 PM

Yea ... you probably got a point there.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Anyone that has offers from SEC schools and goes to Louisville is an idiot....or scared of competition.

Louisville is a cool town. And I would rank them 3rd on the shady recruiting scale behind only Ole Miss and Auburn.

msstate7
12-14-2016, 08:15 PM
Louisville is a cool town. And I would rank them 3rd on the shady recruiting scale behind only Ole Miss and Auburn.

Ahead of Clemson? I've heard Clemson is bad

Jack Lambert
12-14-2016, 08:17 PM
And they were the ones who got inside info about Wake Forest.

Turfdawg67
12-14-2016, 08:52 PM

Their QB just won the Heisman... when was our last Heisman winner? And yes I know he plays defense, but the point is a good athlete can go anywhere and be successful. And the way that today's gone... who cares if he goes to UL

Turfdawg67
12-14-2016, 08:54 PM

Clemson is bad... talk about Little Brother Syndrome!!

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Would have loved to have Avery, but we'll be fine. We've got 17 4* & 5* star recruits on defense next year spread across every level; 18 if Gay signs. Avery would have been a good prospect, but, if we can't get it done with what we got, then their are bigger problems than just players

I seen it dawg
12-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Thompson to State

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2016, 09:07 PM
IPTAY - I Pay The Athletes Yearly

maroonmania
12-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Their QB just won the Heisman... when was our last Heisman winner? And yes I know he plays defense, but the point is a good athlete can go anywhere and be successful. And the way that today's gone... who cares if he goes to UL

Exactly, after the DBs we pulled today I was hoping more for Rivers than Avery.

Turfdawg67
12-14-2016, 09:09 PM
Would have loved to have Avery, but we'll be fine. We've got 17 4* & 5* star recruits on defense next year spread across every level; 18 if Gay signs. Avery would have been a good prospect, but, if we can't get it done with what we got, then their are bigger problems than just players

Awesome post! "You made the list!" Just kidding... I have no list. Great post though!

WSOPdawg
12-14-2016, 10:32 PM

I'm not sure when I can remember us EVER having this much talent, especially on the defensive side. Maybe 98 and 99 when we went to Atlanta (that comparing DLs & DBs). Those teams may have had more "play makers" but the 4-stars and 5-stars we've got on board presently may outnumber them. Would be an interesting comparison of the two groups.

dawgday166
12-14-2016, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure when I can remember us EVER having this much talent, especially on the defensive side. Maybe 98 and 99 when we went to Atlanta (that comparing DLs & DBs). Those teams may have had more "play makers" but the 4-stars and 5-stars we've got on board presently may outnumber them. Would be an interesting comparison of the two groups.

I thought 17 sounded on the high side ... so I did a brief check to see. When I counted I only counted 11 I think ... on 247. I probably missed a couple or more maybe tho. And Shotgun may have used Scout, Rivals or ESPN.

Bdawg
12-14-2016, 10:45 PM

Bobby Petrino is a guy who I can really relate to,? Avery said.
A quote from CJ. Not sure how any kid can relate to that prick.

Dallas_Dawg
12-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Deleted

ETA - Damn fake twitter

Shit, my bad guys.

Dallas_Dawg
12-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Is Avery an EE? Is there's a chance for a flip back to us in February?

Bdawg
12-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Is Avery an EE? Is there's a chance for a flip back to us in February?

By his quotes, he says he is done. I guess you have time to flip him until he's enrolled in classes though. Same with K. Thompson for us.

Lance Harbor
12-15-2016, 08:35 AM
What's the latest on Stephen Guidry?

PonderThis1
12-15-2016, 08:36 AM
What's the latest on Stephen Guidry?

Signs in Feb. Still looks good for us at the moment.

Ari Gold
12-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Adonis Thomas. Still hasn't signed.. just throwing this out there.. keep an eye on him.

preachermatt83
12-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Adonis Thomas. Still hasn't signed.. just throwing this out there.. keep an eye on him.

What's the story on him.