PDA

View Full Version : 1st game is over....Things we will improve on in the next two weeks.

archdog
09-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Here is a list of things I think we improve on in the next two weeks.
1. Offensive line push on running plays. I think the OL is ready to turn their first performance of the season into a learning experience. They come out ready to play.
2. Masking what we are doing on defense. We give away our blitzes too easily. I would rather all of our linebackers be moving around the line of scrimmage. Don't let them know where we are coming from. Maybe we can get that type of swagger back.
3. We hit the QB on read option plays, every time. We have to play with particular roles and responsibilities on this play, or we will get beat on the edge every time.
4. Running with purpose. Follow blockers and gain what you can. No more dancing in the backfield.
5. WR screens and RB screens. Do this 15 plays in a row. Wear out the D making them cover sideline to sideline.

Our first game is over, time to pick ourselves back up and earn it.

#hailstate

Hypnodawg
09-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Don't understand why the D doesn't tee off on the QB when he is doing the read option. I noticed Ole Miss killing Vandy with the read option. DE was unblocked could have hit the QB with a 3 yard running start. I'll give you 5 extra yards if I can level your quarter back every time. SNOT BUBBLES!