PDA

View Full Version : Rumor du jour

lamont
12-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Akers told OM if Longo is their OC- they are removed from his list

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2016, 01:30 PM
This kind of creates an interesting dilemma for Ole Show Cause.

Do you hire the OC you really want?

Or do you put all your eggs in one basket on a position change RB that may not choose you even if you hired Steve Spurrier as your OC?

Commercecomet24
12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Bucky really has absolutely no control of that program. Talk about a straw boss.

Todd4State
12-13-2016, 01:35 PM
This kind of creates an interesting dilemma for Ole Show Cause.

Do you hire the OC you really want?

Or do you put all your eggs in one basket on a position change RB that may not choose you even if you hired Steve Spurrier as your OC?

I think we all know what Ole Miss would choose.

HSVDawg
12-13-2016, 01:37 PM

There are a lot of implications behind that statement. One, that Akers may want to be an inmate who gets to run the asylum (not sure if true). Second, the unspoken part is that there may be some OC hire out there that could seal the deal for Akers to OM if he is telling them now who he doesn't want. Pretty hard to imagine anyone out there who would actually take the job under the current circumstances that fits this description.

Personally, I call BS as I don't think Akers is going to OM regardless pf who the OC is. But I sure would love it if OM was so desperate that they basically let a 5* make the hire for them, then have him spurn them anyways.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2016, 01:38 PM
I think we all know what Ole Miss would choose.

Oh, we know what they'll choose, but, if Freeze really thinks Longo can make Patterson & the offense better, then that's absolutely the path they should follow.

As good as Leonard Fournette was, a crappy scheme & coordinator was a death nail.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2016, 01:39 PM
There are a lot of implications behind that statement. One, that Akers may want to be an inmate who gets to run the asylum (not sure if true). Second, the unspoken part is that there may be some OC hire out there that could seal the deal for Akers to OM if he is telling them now who he doesn't want. Pretty hard to imagine anyone out there who would actually take the job under the current circumstances that fits this description.

Personally, I call BS as I don't think Akers is going to OM regardless pf who the OC is. But I sure would love it if OM was so desperate that they basically let a 5* make the hire for them, then have him spurn them anyways.

I think Akers is just looking for an out.

I seriously doubt Cam Akers is an expert on college OC talent & X and Os. My guess is that he's just repeating the talking points made by the recruiting staff of his favored school

msstate7
12-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Oh, we know what they'll choose, but, if Freeze really thinks Longo can make Patterson & the offense better, then that's absolutely the path they should follow.

As good as Leonard Fournette was, a crappy scheme & coordinator was a death nail.

No matter who freeze hires as OC, it's still freeze's offense, right?

Jack Lambert
12-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Any coach who hires or fire coaches just to land an recruit is the stupidest SOB ever to walk the earth and needs to be fire immediately.

defiantdog
12-13-2016, 01:43 PM
He basically said if Longo is the OC then he'll commit today. Freeze's recruiting tactics are catching up with him. Recruits are figuring out they can get whatever they want.

TrapGame
12-13-2016, 01:52 PM
It really has moved beyond just a regular old dumpster fire.

https://media.tenor.co/images/446cf660504fd9575ab12776792cfbb0/tenor.gif

BeastMan
12-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Let me add rumor part II: OM will hire Judd Boswell to an off field coach position should Akers come to OM

Bucky Dog
12-13-2016, 01:56 PM

Sounds like contract negotiations! Or maybe the Clinton HC may be getting a promotion.

Political Hack
12-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Let me add rumor part II: OM will hire Judd Boswell to an off field coach position should Akers come to OM

Strange how that could be known in advance like that, unless it was orchestrated as quid pro quo. You know?

HSVDawg
12-13-2016, 01:59 PM
He basically said if Longo is the OC then he'll commit today. Freeze's recruiting tactics are catching up with him. Recruits are figuring out they can get whatever they want.

What? Do you mean "isn't" their OC instead of "is"? Otherwise that would pretty much be the exact opposite of what RP posted.

msstate7
12-13-2016, 02:01 PM

Could we be on the road to a future Boswell vs Peterson egg bowl?

Todd4State
12-13-2016, 02:03 PM

If that's true it might be better for us in terms of recruiting Clinton in the long run. Not sure how much talent Clinton will put out down the line though.

Ari Gold
12-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Boswell OC
Brother Patterson Co OC / QB coach
Daddy Akers RB coach

Let's roll Rebels..

defiantdog
12-13-2016, 02:09 PM
What? Do you mean "isn't" their OC instead of "is"? Otherwise that would pretty much be the exact opposite of what RP posted.
Meant "is not"..... over corrected on my phone. These recruits are making demands that OM won't be able to cash in on..... we'll see the aftermath.

bulldog2488
12-13-2016, 02:11 PM
If that's true it might be better for us in terms of recruiting Clinton in the long run. Not sure how much talent Clinton will put out down the line though.

There will be a BIG drop-off after this year. They may not make the playoffs next year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2016, 02:18 PM
I call BS on this. No way Om is letting Akers make demands like that...Oh wait we are talking about OM so nevermind. Just business as usual. If this is true this program is heavily adding to their laughing-stock reputation as of late.

Ari Gold
12-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Y'all are acting like Clinton High is pumping out D1 guys like De La Salle here in Cali..
if that douche bag coach there is anti MSU who gives a **** ..

confucius say
12-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Y'all are acting like Clinton High is pumping out D1 guys like De La Salle here in Cali..

Boswell isn't anti msu per se. He grew up 20 minutes from Starkville. He is just married to one of our coach's ex wife and there is friction there, to say the least.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2016, 02:33 PM
Why this would matter to a high school kid is beyond me. I am just trying to put myself in Akers shoes. IF this "Young and the Restless" BS was going on at my school, I wouldnt give 2 shits about it and would go where I wanted anyway. I think what hindered us with Akers is telling him no chance at playing QB here and having Kylin Hill as our feature RB commit.

confucius say
12-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Why this would matter to a high school kid is beyond me. I am just trying to put myself in Akers shoes. IF this "Young and the Restless" BS was going on at my school, I wouldnt give 2 shits about it and would go where I wanted anyway. I think what hindered us with Akers is telling him no chance at playing QB here and having Kylin Hill as our feature RB commit.

I'm not saying it matters to cam, not sure. Just explaining bout Boswell.

preachermatt83
12-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Cam Akers is drama. He will sign with OM.

Akers to OM.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2016, 02:42 PM
I agree with this. He seems to be a "pre-madonna" like AJ and will fit in perfectly up there.

AlSwearengen
12-13-2016, 02:49 PM
So, Akers, a rb is considering olemiss, a school with problems on the ol and a scheme that is not good for rb's. Is olemiss promising him a new OC to install an offense that is friendly to rb's?

Won't this be counter to what the Patterson's would want?

Isn't this bucky's offense anyway? Are they going to throw bucky's offense out the window and start running the ball to get Akers? Or are they going to have an offense for shea?

I'm having a hard time knowing what is going on here.

Jack Lambert
12-13-2016, 02:52 PM
So, Akers, a rb is considering olemiss, a school with problems on the ol and a scheme that is not good for rb's. Is olemiss promising him a new OC to install an offense that is friendly to rb's?

Won't this be counter to what the Patterson's would want?

Isn't this bucky's offense anyway? Are they going to throw bucky's offense out the window and start running the ball to get Akers? Or are they going to have an offense for shea?

I'm having a hard time knowing what is going on here.

Freeze speaks with forked tongue.

PonderThis1
12-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Is he an EE? Does he sign tomorrow?

Todd4State
12-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Boswell OC
Brother Patterson Co OC / QB coach
Daddy Akers RB coach

Let's roll Rebels..

Sandra Bullock O-line coach.

They're becoming a travel ball team playing in the SEC.

Dawg61
12-13-2016, 02:58 PM
No matter who freeze hires as OC, it's still freeze's offense, right?

Freeze's offensive playbook looks like original Tecmo Bowl with 4 bubble screens as the play choices.

Dawg61
12-13-2016, 02:59 PM

Akers to OM.

Your best post in 6 months. Rep given

CadaverDawg
12-13-2016, 03:03 PM
Cam Akers and family are too dumb and blinded by the money if they choose Ole Miss. Freeze may TELL THEM he's going more run heavy...but this is Hugh Freeze's offense and it will not change. He is just telling the Akers family whatever it takes, and then its back to normal. Freeze is that guy that says whatever the talent wants to hear. For instance, you'll be able to tell that Akers and family are pissed that Bucky's offense hasn't changed when you see Freeze go with a wildcat package with Cam or a couple of halfback pass INT's to cost them a game.

Just like Treadwell throwing passes and Knemdiche getting knocked tf out at tailback. Mr. Inmates run the Asylum will promise these kids the World and pay Momma and daddy, and then spend the next 4 years dropping them a treat to keep them happy when his promises prove to be lies. But money talks, so Cam can go ruin his career too if he chooses that snake.

preachermatt83
12-13-2016, 03:06 PM
Your best post in 6 months. Rep given

Lol. Thanks... I think.

preachermatt83
12-13-2016, 03:11 PM
I'm tellin you guys, Akers going to OM is no big deal. He is overrated. He looks the part but he has zero vision. His biggest asset is his "burst" and the way to use him would be to throw bubble screens to him.. He needs to be developed but freeze and crew has no clue how to develop players. He is going to OM but don't be bothered by it. He will never be anything to fear at OM. I would take KHill ANYDAY over drama Akers.

DownwardDawg
12-13-2016, 03:11 PM

Akers to OM.

I agree. It looks like a perfect fit at this point.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2016, 03:14 PM
I'll call Akers to Florida State. Just a hunch....

Ari Gold
12-13-2016, 03:20 PM
I'll call Akers to Florida State. Just a hunch....

I will second that..

louisvilledawg
12-13-2016, 03:22 PM

He's from Louisville and I know his family is big MSU so dont know about all that.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-13-2016, 03:25 PM
I will second that..

LSU or FSU

JoseBrown
12-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Just seems to me that Shay-Shay will get half of their carries, and throw the ball at least 65% of the time. That won't leave Cammie Cam the numbers of carries he will demand. It will certainly be fun to watch those clowns try to keep all those WR's, the QB and Cam happy running basketball on grass..

Homedawg
12-13-2016, 03:52 PM
I'm tellin you guys, Akers going to OM is no big deal. He is overrated. He looks the part but he has zero vision. His biggest asset is his "burst" and the way to use him would be to throw bubble screens to him.. He needs to be developed but freeze and crew has no clue how to develop players. He is going to OM but don't be bothered by it. He will never be anything to fear at OM. I would take KHill ANYDAY over drama Akers.

Cam has never played tb. But he's a special talent. I know he didn't look great in the allstar game but let's not go crazy. The guy, if he keeps his head on straight, can be a difference maker no matter where he goes.

SailingDawg
12-13-2016, 04:12 PM
After Nkimdiche, Tunsil, and all the other superstars that have been running the show the past few years you have to believe UM will continue to let the inmates run the asylum.

lamont
12-13-2016, 04:45 PM
A lot of smoke out there that it's an LSU-Fla State battle

GreenheadDawg
12-13-2016, 04:56 PM
Is he an EE?

Todd4State
12-13-2016, 05:10 PM
Is he an EE?

I don't believe so. I think he said he was announcing at the Army AAG. But that was over a week ago and may have and probably will change. If I had to guess he'll announce on NSD when it's all said and done.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-13-2016, 05:20 PM
He's an EE

Todd4State
12-13-2016, 05:28 PM
He's an EE

That's surprising to me.

GreenheadDawg
12-13-2016, 05:32 PM
He's an EE

So when does he announce? Is that tomorrow?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-13-2016, 05:34 PM
So when does he announce? Is that tomorrow?

The Army game

BeastMan
12-13-2016, 05:42 PM
He's from Louisville and I know his family is big MSU so dont know about all that.

Boswell is an OM guy.

Dawg61
12-13-2016, 07:16 PM
That's surprising to me.

http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/im-not-saying-he-is-dumb-but-he-is-dumb.jpg

Harrydawg
12-13-2016, 07:26 PM
So, is there truth to the smoke about MSU coaches not being given access to Clinton High. From what I understand this has been the case since Peterson came to MSU. Peterson and Boswell haven't liked one another since high school.....when Peterson went to MSU, Clinton became off limits to MSU coaches. If this is the case, Clinton parents should be raising hell, this hurts a kids opportunity. Regardless of bad blood, it's the kids who pay the price.

preachermatt83
12-13-2016, 07:29 PM
So, is there truth to the smoke about MSU coaches not being given access to Clinton High. From what I understand this has been the case since Peterson came to MSU. Peterson and Boswell haven't liked one another since high school.....when Peterson went to MSU, Clinton became off limits to MSU coaches. If this is the case, Clinton parents should be raising hell, this hurts a kids opportunity. Regardless of bad blood, it's the kids who pay the price.

Dude they were good friends. Peterson hired him at both Newton and Forest. The bad blood didn't begin until what happened , happened a few years back.

GTHOM
12-13-2016, 07:40 PM

Yup

GTHOM
12-13-2016, 07:41 PM

We wont be getting anyone from Clinton as long as Peterson is here and Boswell is at Clinton. That and the RB #7 and WR #5 aren't all that anyway. It was give Akers the ball and hope for the best just like it has been for a while over there.

Harrydawg
12-13-2016, 07:42 PM
So ""dude"......what happened? I had a Louisville guy say something about a girl back in HS, but hell......we all have those stories

Todd4State
12-13-2016, 09:02 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/im-not-saying-he-is-dumb-but-he-is-dumb.jpg

No- I'm not saying he's dumb. I didn't think he would be an EE because I thought he would take his recruitment down to the last day of NSD plus I had heard he was committing at the Army AAG. I thought IYOK was saying that he was committing tomorrow but he cleared it up later by confirming the Army Game commitment.

So, I think he's a primaddona but I don't think he's dumb.

I seen it dawg
12-13-2016, 09:12 PM
Akers goes to OM for any reason he should be on The Gold List...

confucius say
12-13-2016, 10:40 PM
So ""dude"......what happened? I had a Louisville guy say something about a girl back in HS, but hell......we all have those stories

See my post towards top of page 2 in this thread.

And our coaches, including dan, were given access to Clinton high.