PDA

View Full Version : So who is not telling the truth?

lamont
12-13-2016, 08:31 AM
Freeze?

Freeze said Werner was fired along with Barney just 2 days after an in-home visit with a top QB target because he felt like the offense needed a new direction. QB target is then interviewed and says Freeze told him that OM had its new OC

Chuck and Yancy have since floated Longo's name, Matt Luke as possible OC....say Freeze is talking to the Memphis OC....

With EE starting tomorrow- why is Freeze hiding his OC choice? Why would he not announce it to gain momentum?

notsofarawaydawg
12-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Because he's STILL the ****ing idiot he's always been. The dumpster fire is out of his control now and he's not calling the shots at this time. Plus he's a big toothed liar when it come to recruits.

shannondawg
12-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Whichever's mouth is moving.

mathistondawg
12-13-2016, 08:51 AM
I think freeze cant name an oc because after signing day he wont be the coach..... maybe

Tailgate Superstar
12-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Mark Twain said,"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything". Think that applies here.

PassInterference
12-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Freeze is no longer in control, and therefore can't control the narrative either.

Maybe he isn't naming an OC because he isn't allowed to hire a OC. The next HC is going to hire the next OC.

TrapGame
12-13-2016, 09:00 AM
No longer just a dumpster fire. Here's a recent pic of Freeze out recruiting.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/24/article-2512694-199C26BF00000578-568_634x920.jpg

Jack Lambert
12-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Freeze is no longer in control, and therefore can't control the narrative either.

Maybe he isn't naming an OC because he isn't allowed to hire a OC. The next HC is going to hire the next OC.

Personally I don't think they can find any one who wants it. That ship is sinking. I still think Werner was fired over the NCAA investigations.

SDDawg
12-13-2016, 09:02 AM
I'd say Ole Hugh is kinda f*cked on this deal. Which is a "good thing".

Liverpooldawg
12-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Freeze?

Freeze said Werner was fired along with Barney just 2 days after an in-home visit with a top QB target because he felt like the offense needed a new direction. QB target is then interviewed and says Freeze told him that OM had its new OC

Chuck and Yancy have since floated Longo's name, Matt Luke as possible OC....say Freeze is talking to the Memphis OC....

With EE starting tomorrow- why is Freeze hiding his OC choice? Why would he not announce it to gain momentum?

With that group I'd check and see whose lips were moving or who was punching a keyboard. That would probably be your culprit.

msudawglb
12-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Personally I don't think they can find any one who wants it. That ship is sinking. I still think Werner was fired over the NCAA investigations.

Yeah, Werner wasn't fired for lack of offense. His offense scored 43 against Alabama and 45 against Georgia. He was let go for one of two reasons. 1) NCAA investigation implemented him or 2) the Patterson family wasn't happy and said either he goes or Shae goes.

starkvegasdawg
12-13-2016, 09:22 AM
No longer just a dumpster fire. Here's a recent pic of Freeze out recruiting.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/24/article-2512694-199C26BF00000578-568_634x920.jpg

Just needs a fishing rod in his hand.

thf24
12-13-2016, 09:22 AM

There's almost no chance he wasn't. It's the only explanation that fits suddenly firing a guy who was out with the head coach recruiting just days prior. "New direction for the offense" is 100% complete bullshit. And even if it's true that he needed to be let go as a result of Barney being gone and thus losing the waiver, there's no good reason to make that move right at the same time, and plenty of good ones not to.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-13-2016, 09:25 AM

Agree on both points. If you're a potential candidate, why in the world would you go somewhere that will very likely fire the whole staff by 2017 season.

WSOPdawg
12-13-2016, 09:27 AM
I think freeze cant name an oc because after signing day he wont be the coach..... maybe

This.

Saltydog
12-13-2016, 09:37 AM
the OC that had some of the best offenses in the schools history?

BB30
12-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Freeze and co are scrambling. I doubt many legit D1 options are even taking their phone calls at this point they will have to try and grab a D2/NAIA guy. This would be the same thing as being offered a first class room on the Titanic as it is sinking.

Tailgate Superstar
12-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Was Werner mentioned often or at all in the first letter? If not, maybe they have received the second letter and he plays a large role in that one.

Political Hack
12-13-2016, 09:52 AM
What's funny to me is that if they fired freeze now and hired a new HC, they'd probably finish stronger in recruiting.

The hang up there is no one will take it until they know what the NCAA is going to do. OM is so screwed right now with all this going on. I don't think I've ever seen a pending probation take such a toll on a program.

TNDawg35
12-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Freeze and co are scrambling. I doubt many legit D1 options are even taking their phone calls at this point they will have to try and grab a D2/NAIA guy. This would be the same thing as being offered a first class room on the Titanic as it is sinking.

Boy this sounds alot like when they hired the Beav...

MadDawg
12-13-2016, 10:14 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a pending probation take such a toll on a program.

Well, I can think of one.....

Spiderman
12-13-2016, 11:04 AM
Yeah, Werner wasn't fired for lack of offense. His offense scored 43 against Alabama and 45 against Georgia. He was let go for one of two reasons. 1) NCAA investigation implemented him or 2) the Patterson family wasn't happy and said either he goes or Shae goes.

I think more of the latter. I'm hearing Werner wasn't involved with recruiting enough to cheat. And his lack of recruiting ability is a strike against him.

I honestly think Werner was balking at going on the road.

Brahmabull
12-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I could see Werner saying - I told you I would not go on the road. You knew that. Fire me and pay me or GTFO of my office!!

AlSwearengen
12-13-2016, 11:41 AM
I think more of the latter. I'm hearing Werner wasn't involved with recruiting enough to cheat. And his lack of recruiting ability is a strike against him.

I thought Werner was very involved in recruiting once they got the recruits to campus and we know what happens in oxford.

Spiderman
12-13-2016, 11:45 AM
I thought Werner was very involved in recruiting once they got the recruits to campus and we know what happens in oxford.

No idea, but I've been around Werner a bit. Just doesn't fit, IMO.

He's just not the "slick" type, unlike Luke, Kiffin, Freeze, etc

starkvegasdawg
12-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Boy this sounds alot like when they hired the Beav...

Maybe they could get the USP girls' basketball coach? Maybe that person is available.

thf24
12-13-2016, 12:39 PM

I just don't see how it's remotely likely this was anything other than NCAA related when he was out with Freeze recruiting just days prior, then gets fired at the same time as Barney. Waiver issue or not, why fire him before signing day just because Barney was gone? It's not like they had to move quickly to fill a recruiting hole; Barney had supposedly been out of action for months anyway, and they haven't filled said hole since the firing. And unless the Pattersons walked into Freeze's office that day demanding that Werner be fired on the spot and Freeze was like "Yup ok, done" (I can almost see that happening, but not quite), the timeline doesn't add up.

Spiderman
12-13-2016, 12:44 PM
I just don't see how it's remotely likely this was anything other than NCAA related when he was out with Freeze recruiting just days prior, then gets fired at the same time as Barney. Waiver issue or not, why fire him before signing day just because Barney was gone? It's not like they had to move quickly to fill a recruiting hole; Barney had supposedly been out of action for months anyway, and they haven't filled said hole since the firing. And unless the Pattersons walked into Freeze's office that day demanding that Werner be fired on the spot and Freeze was like "Yup ok, done" (I can almost see that happening, but not quite), the timeline doesn't add up.

Reed Stringer signed half Mullen's 1st class. Day or so after signing day he demoted him to basically office flunky.

Who knows? Freeze and Werner could have had a cuss out over which QB to recruit or something? If it isn't NCAA the only ones who will truly know are Freeze and Werner

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-13-2016, 01:24 PM
I think Werner is NCAA related.

bulldawg28
12-13-2016, 01:43 PM

I've heard that from rebels too. However, I don't believe them . Saving face is what they do.