PDA

View Full Version : Willie gay

msstate7
12-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Besides hill running so well, the other guy that stood out was gay. He was so fast and all over the field. We need that speed on our defense. Assuming we get him, think he can play next season as a true freshman?

defiantdog
12-12-2016, 12:39 PM
LB is such a difficult position to play as a true freshmen. He really needs a year to learn

RAYn_Man
12-12-2016, 12:44 PM
LB is such a difficult position to play as a true freshmen. He really needs a year to learn

nah players play. Put him out there and he'll find the ball

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I expect him to play as a true freshman

HoopsDawg
12-12-2016, 12:50 PM
I definitely see him helping on special teams. On defense, I think he would have to start off as a STAR LB assuming we keep Sirmon.

preachermatt83
12-12-2016, 01:20 PM
He will redshirt. Leo redshirted. As good as Gay is, he is not better than Leo was.

Cary Hudson's little bro
12-12-2016, 04:13 PM
He will redshirt. Leo redshirted. As good as Gay is, he is not better than Leo was.

Leo was out of shape. Gay is not

Thick
12-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Out of shape or not, this isn't high school anymore. He has to learn the plays, the calls, the coverages, the 3-4 system, and the language used also. I'm not saying that he will redshirt, but it's a little tougher then people think.

I seen it dawg
12-12-2016, 04:24 PM
No way thick. All of us that never strapped it up at that level know so much more.

gtowndawg
12-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Am I missing something here? Is it a foregone conclusion that he will sign with us? I know it's be alluded to but didn't know if anything has officially changed. Would love to have him of course.

preachermatt83
12-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Out of shape or not, this isn't high school anymore. He has to learn the plays, the calls, the coverages, the 3-4 system, and the language used also. I'm not saying that he will redshirt, but it's a little tougher then people think.

Exactly!

Thick
12-12-2016, 05:43 PM
I will say this, if he doesn't get redshirted and he's playing special teams and getting reps at LB, then he's pretty damn special. I hope he is special as well! Shit, I just hope we sign him at this point.

maroonmania
12-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Why don't we just worry about it AFTER he signs with us, if he does. The way our recruiting goes its a waste of time to have this kind of thread on a guy that's committed, much less one that's not.

msstate7
12-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Why don't we just worry about it AFTER he signs with us, if he does. The way our recruiting goes its a waste of time to have this kind of thread on a guy that's committed, much less one that's not.
Then why waste your time posting in a "waste of time" thread...

maroonmania
12-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Then why waste your time posting in a "waste of time" thread...

I would tell you why but then I would just be wasting more time.**

msstate7
12-12-2016, 08:42 PM
I would tell you why but then I would just be wasting more time.**

Haha

lamont
12-12-2016, 08:45 PM
You would think people would learn by now that most of our freshman redshirt. Some dont because of need at their position- but always lean toward the redshirt.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2016, 08:53 PM
You would think people would learn by now that most of our freshman redshirt. Some dont because of need at their position- but always lean toward the redshirt.

This^^^

In fact, almost all good coaches are in a position where they redshirt the majority of their signing class (outside of a few studs, obviously - e.g., J. Simmons, C. Jones, etc.). Just look at how many players Bama RS's every year....even 5 star guys.

Harrydawg
12-12-2016, 09:03 PM
What a great, great testament that guys like Leo and hopefully Willie G. redshirt......

If we could RS this level talent at some additional positions - we would compete in the west, till then.......4-4 is where we will be.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2016, 09:09 PM
What a great, great testament that guys like Leo and hopefully Willie G. redshirt......

If we could RS this level talent at some additional positions - we would compete in the west, till then.......4-4 is where we will be.

Exactly. That's how Saban is able to convince talents like Marlon Humphrey to RS.