PDA

View Full Version : LSU Board

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 11:16 AM
I ventured over to LSU board to see the reaction from Narcisse decommitting and they have gone into full meltdown. One guy even said "we are downright pitiful at recruiting". They are currently No. 5 in recruiting team rankings on 247.

Damn I wish we were pitiful at recruiting.

lamont
12-12-2016, 11:17 AM
They have been pitiful at QB recruiting the last 10 years

Bubb Rubb
12-12-2016, 11:19 AM

This. It's a head-scratcher. If Dak had gone to LSU, they would've won two NCs and he probably wins a Heisman. That is, if Miles used him correctly.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 11:20 AM
So they are basically us before Mullen got here?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 11:20 AM
That's a mighty big IF

defiantdog
12-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Now they have no OC..... poor little tigas

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 11:22 AM
This. It's a head-scratcher. If Dak had gone to LSU, they would've won two NCs and he probably wins a Heisman. That is, if Miles used him correctly.

Has less to do with using him correctly & more to do with having any idea how to develop a QB

Cooterpoot
12-12-2016, 11:28 AM
O convinced some fools to make him a head coach again.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2016, 11:34 AM

Maybe or Dak ends up like all the rest of their highly recruited QBs.

missouridawg
12-12-2016, 11:34 AM

Or they would've not developed him and he'd be bagging groceries after a mediocre career at TE in Red Stick. Give Mullen some credit here... he has an eye for QBtalent and knows how to develop it.

Bubb Rubb
12-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Or they would've not developed him and he'd be bagging groceries after a mediocre career at TE in Red Stick. Give Mullen some credit here... he has an eye for QBtalent and knows how to develop it.

I don't disagree and I'm not taking anything away from Dan, but Dak had a once-in-a-generation skillset that was bigger than just physical tools. He had the leadership and work-ethic traits that are very rare to find - and why I think he would have been successful anywhere he ended up. It's not accurate to compare him to some of the headcases and divas that ended up at LSU over the last decade.

LockeDawg
12-12-2016, 11:38 AM
I ventured over to LSU board to see the reaction from Narcisse decommitting and they have gone into full meltdown. One guy even said "we are downright pitiful at recruiting". They are currently No. 5 in recruiting team rankings on 247.

Damn I wish we were pitiful at recruiting.Ed O is miss firing on QB and LB recruits right now. Not good for LSU

TUSK
12-12-2016, 11:46 AM

Damn I wish we were pitiful at recruiting.

They've been in "full meltdown" since the 2012 BCSNC teams were announced...

msstate7
12-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Not so sure dak would be dak had he went to lsu... remember dak's passing early in his career? You think lsu could've fixed it? I'm not so sure.

Had Brandon Harris come here, he would've been perhaps the best qb in the sec this year

Bubb Rubb
12-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Not so sure dak would be dak had he went to lsu... remember dak's passing early in his career? You think lsu could've fixed it? I'm not so sure.

Had Brandon Harris come here, he would've been perhaps the best qb in the sec this year

I don't agree. Brandon Harris was a diva who pouted when he didn't get to play and caused problems in the locker room. He didn't have the makeup to be a leader.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Looks like Pitt's OC Matt Canada is the leading candidate for the LSU OC job

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2016, 11:57 AM

Look at Anthony Jennings too. Kid looked pretty decent at ULL this year. Never understood why he just disappeared in favor of Harris.

defiantdog
12-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Look at Anthony Jennings too. Kid looked pretty decent at ULL this year. Never understood why he just disappeared in favor of Harris.
It's like making Fitz a pocket passer.

archdog
12-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Looks like Pitt's OC Matt Canada is the leading candidate for the LSU OC job

Pitt, offensive juggernaut.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 12:06 PM
I was wondering what happened to him. He did have decent numbers. Threw 12 picks but overall pretty good stats

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 12:09 PM
they averaged 42 pts a game. I'd say so.

msstate7
12-12-2016, 12:11 PM

Last year, Pitt avg'd 28.2 ppg (9th in ACC). This year, Pitt avg'd 42.3 ppg (2nd in ACC and 10th in country). I don't want Canada at lsu

Political Hack
12-12-2016, 12:12 PM

They would've had him playing LB or some crap. They can't develop a QB. Same as Freeze. Even with Cam Cam they couldn't develop a QB. LSU is like the Bermuda Triangle for QBs.

Really Clark?
12-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Last year, Pitt avg'd 28.2 ppg (9th in ACC). This year, Pitt avg'd 42.3 ppg (2nd in ACC and 10th in country). I don't want Canada at lsu

Canada was also NC State's OC and at the Belk Bowl last year. He was fired after that loss. The NC St deal was his only blip really though. Did a great job at Pitt this year.

Johnson85
12-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I don't disagree and I'm not taking anything away from Dan, but Dak had a once-in-a-generation skillset that was bigger than just physical tools. He had the leadership and work-ethic traits that are very rare to find - and why I think he would have been successful anywhere he ended up. It's not accurate to compare him to some of the headcases and divas that ended up at LSU over the last decade.

He had a skillset bigger than physical tools and as a result would have been solid for LSU, but he would not be nearly as developed had he gone to LSU and I'm not sure he'd be an NFL player had he gone to LSU. How good would he have gotten at reading defenses? How much would he have improved his passing outside of th emarginal improvement that comes from repetitions without instruction?

I can believe that some of the problem at LSU lies with their players (not sure Jordan Jefferson was ever going to be anything different than he was), but they have a long streak of QBs not developing. And the one QB who did get better, Jarrett Lee, was benched in favor of somebody like Jefferson. So I'm not convinced at all that Dak doesn't end up being a very good team player while backing up a slightly faster QB with worse decision making and worse character if he plays for Les Miles.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2016, 01:13 PM

It might be more accurate to say they have been pitiful at QB development.

missouridawg
12-12-2016, 01:33 PM

Be careful with your sarcasm.... I believe Pitt scored more than 35 points in all but 2 games this season. They scored 28 in each of those 2.

dawgday166
12-12-2016, 01:44 PM
So they are basically us before Mullen got here?

Not hardly. They are much better than us before Mullen got here. They just ain't as good as Bama most years ... but who is?

dawgday166
12-12-2016, 01:48 PM
It's like making Fitz a pocket passer.

Fitz will be a good pocket passer if he decides to be. Meaning that he will be able to do both.