View Full Version : Kiffin to FAU

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 10:53 AM
He gone

Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabach 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Lane Kiffin agrees to become FAU head coach, according to @Brett
and @ClowESPN

Lane Kiffin & Boca Raton will be "Interesting"

Girls, girls, girls, at the dollhouse in Ft Lauderdale..... He's Joey Saltwater now

LockeDawg
12-12-2016, 11:04 AM
I don't believe you

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Some recruiting power in FLA now - Richt, Jimbo, McIlwain, Butch Davis, Strong, Frost, and Joey Saltwater.
Be interesting to see if Tier 2 starts to impact Tier 1

Todd4State
12-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Good news for us. He leaves Bama and he isn't going to LSU. The last part being the best part for us.

fader2103
12-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Wow I'm surprised by that one. Oh well I guess Mullen to Bama OC*

TrapGame
12-12-2016, 11:15 AM
I still don't believe it. This is like the fifth job in a week.

defiantdog
12-12-2016, 11:17 AM
LSU fans on meltdown watch?

defiantdog
12-12-2016, 11:17 AM
I still don't believe it. This is like the fifth job in a week.
It's a done deal

lamont
12-12-2016, 11:18 AM
He wasn't staying in T-Town. That's been known for over a month

TrapGame
12-12-2016, 11:20 AM
It's a done deal

That's what they said about Houston. Until he's on the sideline I won't believe it.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I actually think this is good thing for Kiffin long term.

This is the first time he hasn't been handed a top flight job & now he actually has a chance to develop as a head coach in a low pressure situation.

If Kiffin is to turn into a great head coach someday, this is a great place to start. He needed to get away from the limelight. be in charge, & figure things out for himself

fader2103
12-12-2016, 11:24 AM

This is the first time he hasn't been handed a top flight job & now he actually has a chance to develop as a head coach in a low pressure situation.

If Kiffin is to turn into a great head coach someday, this is a great place to start. He needed to get away from the limelight. be in charge, & figure things out for himself

I agree with you shotgun. He has always been in the spotlight. I think its a win-win situation. FAU gets a big name and some recognition, Kiffin steps into a smaller school to figure things out.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2016, 11:27 AM
I agree with you shotgun. He has always been in the spotlight. I think its a win-win situation. FAU gets a big name and some recognition, Kiffin steps into a smaller school to figure things out.

By figure things out do you mean bang a lot of hot Florida tail?

TUSK
12-12-2016, 11:33 AM

Agreed... on all counts... I'm glad he's been humbled enough to take a (really) lower level gig....

Now we gonna reach our potential*...

defiantdog
12-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Agreed... on all counts... I'm glad he's been humbled enough to take a (really) lower level gig....

In surprised he made it this far in T-Town..... I guess winning triumphs over everything else

HSVDawg
12-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Is he sticking around to coach in the playoff, or no?

TUSK
12-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Is he sticking around to coach in the playoff, or no?

He's said all along that'd he'd stay with Bammer (this season) "as long as they'd have him"... and, as far as I know, that's still the plan...

fishwater99
12-12-2016, 12:24 PM
So is he taking a pay cut?

Last coach at FAU got $540,000 per year.

gtowndawg
12-12-2016, 12:35 PM
So head coach at FAU > better than OC at Bama. Shows we all want to be "the man" somewhere, even if it's at FAU.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 12:39 PM
So head coach at FAU > better than OC at Bama. Shows we all want to be "the man" somewhere, even if it's at FAU.

I think Bama OC > FAU if you've never failed as a head coach before. Kiffin's problem is that he's failed as a head coach & won't get power 5 opportunities until he proves himself as a head coach.

He can always go back & be a power 5 OC, but he won't get big time programs interested in him as a head coach until he shows he can be a good head coach

smootness
12-12-2016, 12:44 PM
I think Bama OC > FAU if you've never failed as a head coach before. Kiffin's problem is that he's failed as a head coach & won't get power 5 opportunities until he proves himself as a head coach.

He can always go back & be a power 5 OC, but he won't get big time programs interested in him as a head coach until he shows he can be a good head coach

Yep

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Some recruiting power in FLA now - Richt, Jimbo, McIlwain, Butch Davis, Strong, Frost, and Joey Saltwater.
Be interesting to see if Tier 2 starts to impact Tier 1

It already does to some effect. The depth that used to be at Miami and Florida on the bench is now on the field at UCH, USF, FAU, and FIU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Finebaum threw FAU under the bus when talking about this hire. He says you couldnt even find their campus on a map and

"Go to a high school, you'll be seen by as many people as at Florida Atlantic, "I don't want to say there's no chance of success, although I'm going to say it - there's almost no chance of success at Florida Atlantic. It's impossible. The play in a 29,000-seat stadium. The biggest crowd this year was 13,000. You tell me."

msstate7
12-12-2016, 02:49 PM
Finebaum threw FAU under the bus when talking about this hire. He says you couldnt even find their campus on a map and

Melt, Paul, melt...

TrapGame
12-12-2016, 02:53 PM

Translation: How dare that pretty boy leave my beloved Alabama for some second rate shit hole college in Florida!

starkvegasdawg
12-12-2016, 02:57 PM

Tell him Lane found it ok.

TUSK
12-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Melt, Paul, melt...

Paul doesn't give a shit... just tryin' to move the needle... more times than not, it works...

msstate7
12-12-2016, 02:59 PM
May not be such a bad place for kiffin. Here's recruiting rankings for FAU in CUSA...

'13 -- 3rd
'14 -- 8th
'15 -- 2nd
'16 -- 7th
'17 -- 6th as of now

So, kiffin should have a decent senior and sophomore class relative to the conference.

Also of note... jack Walker of Madison central committed there. Wonder if kiffin looks for more a dual threat guy

Jack Lambert
12-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Betty lock your daughters up.

smootness
12-12-2016, 03:33 PM

Boise State had a stadium that seated 30,000 10 years ago and now only seats about 36,000. And it's in freaking Boise.

fishwater99
12-12-2016, 03:37 PM

Poor Paul... lol I hope Kiffen leaves bama today..

DownwardDawg
12-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Does he pull his brother from the Bears to go with him?

msstate7
12-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Does he pull his brother from the Bears to go with him?

Interesting thought... does Chris use lane as leverage to try and get om DC job?

Token Bammer
12-12-2016, 05:26 PM
He's said all along that'd he'd stay with Bammer (this season) "as long as they'd have him"... and, as far as I know, that's still the plan...

Just "run the damn ball" and he'll be fine.

Token Bammer
12-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Translation: How dare that pretty boy leave my beloved Alabama for some second rate shit hole college in Florida!

Paul doesn't care, he simply wants ratings. Plus, Pawl knows Kiffin is taking a job with FAU because Saban was ready for him to leave. Otherwise, Kiffin would be the OC at Bammer one more season.

TUSK
12-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Just "run the damn ball" and he'll be fine.

I'd give up my 2009 SEC Championship T-shirt/Rifle Cleaning rag to see Bammer install & run the wishbone for the UW game.

Reason2succeed
12-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Kiffin ain't hurting for money..Unless that smoking hot ex-wife of his has taken him to the bank.

dawgday166
12-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Kiffin ain't hurting for money..Unless that smoking hot ex-wife of his has taken him to the bank.

I'll bet she did and I would also bet the divorce was a Cali divorce. If so she really put the hurt on him.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Sure you can find it on a map....on the East side of I-95 at Glades Rd. Been on campus a few times - your typical smaller FL metro college. Nothing great but it's alright.