PDA

View Full Version : Narcisse Decommits From LSU

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 09:00 AM
They are to late on Thompson and LSU' ace in the hole just decommitted, after you guessed it....visiting Auburn who just got a 3 year to play 5 star QB yesterday.

Do they go back after Brennan?

msstate7
12-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Hasn't narcisse blown out both knees already?

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Hasn't narcisse blown out both knees already?

Yes.

msstate7
12-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Yes.

Has to be concerning for a dual threat guy

Westdawg
12-12-2016, 09:11 AM
This actually concerns me much more than them dropping Brennan.
I smell blood in the water, and it ain't tiger blood.....

starkvegasdawg
12-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Do they go after Brennan or double their efforts on Key now?

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 09:12 AM
This actually concerns me much more than them dropping Brennan.
I smell blood in the water, and it ain't tiger blood.....

Huh?

Spiderman
12-12-2016, 09:16 AM
They are to late on Thompson and LSU' ace in the hole just decommitted, after you guessed it....visiting Auburn who just got a 3 year to play 5 star QB yesterday.

Do they go back after Brennan?

Uh Oh

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Do they go after Brennan or double their efforts on Key now?

Hard to double efforts on a kid you can't go see & who's not accepting your phone calls.

Ari Gold
12-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Hard to double efforts on a kid you can't go see & who's not accepting your phone calls.

And when you have no OC hired yet.

msstate7
12-12-2016, 09:22 AM

Why you think narcisse dropped lsu? No OC?

preachermatt83
12-12-2016, 09:23 AM
And that signs wednesday

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2016, 09:25 AM
Why you think narcisse dropped lsu? No OC?

He always like Auburn & was committed to them at 1 time. I imagine the same reason Brennan opened up his recruitment. You have 2 QB's committed but you're out here offering & flirting with other QB's. I would be esp pissed if I'm Lowell because O said he needs a dual threat QB while having when healthy a top 5 dual threat guy committed. That would've upset me too so why not go to a school & coach with a history of doing big things with dual threat guys that I'm already very comfortable & familiar with.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 09:32 AM
This running a program and directing a program thing seems difficult for O yet again. Great recruiter huh?

fishwater99
12-12-2016, 09:32 AM

I thought Brennan was still going to LSU..

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2016, 09:37 AM

He may & they need to be on the phone with him now smoothing things over telling him how much they want him.

StatesboroBlues
12-12-2016, 09:57 AM
And that signs wednesday

The end all date is not until he enrolls...he will only sign Financial aid paperwork this Wednesday. Doesn't sign scholarship papers until February like all the other HS prospects. Obviously the percentages of where you sign your paperwork this Wednesday and where you ultimately end up are pretty high.

Thick
12-12-2016, 10:14 AM
If KT signs his paperwork for us on Wednesday, then that puts us in a good position. EE can have unlimited contact with their school of choice once they sign their financial paperwork That's great news for us.

HSVDawg
12-12-2016, 10:21 AM
If KT signs his paperwork for us on Wednesday, then that puts us in a good position. EE can have unlimited contact with their school of choice once they sign their financial paperwork That's great news for us.

I wasn't aware of that. Does it only apply to EE's, or can any recruit who signs his paperwork not be bound by things like the dead period, etc.?

HSVDawg
12-12-2016, 10:25 AM

He's been trending late for Oklahoma State since originally decommitting from LSU. 70% of CB's have him there and most all were updated in the last 2 weeks.

StatesboroBlues
12-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I wasn't aware of that. Does it only apply to EE's, or can any recruit who signs his paperwork not be bound by things like the dead period, etc.?

EE HS recruits don't sign scholarship papers in December...Jucos will though. All recruits are able to sign finincial paperwork that allows a certain school unlimited paperwork. Doesn't happen often...we have used this on a player but it is escaping my mind right now. It seems a player that was involved with LSU, Bama, and UM did so a year or so ago...something came of this in regards to a secondary violation maybe.

But yes...you are not bound to dead period when signing financial aid paperwork.

AlSwearengen
12-12-2016, 10:55 AM
After Thompson enrolls early, he needs to be president of MSU and Starkville at least until february. He needs to be a big time ladies man and Dan needs to be very nice to him.

It would suck for him to have a bad experience in Starkville and sign with lsu in february. Don't think Orgeron won't keep in contact in one way or another.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 10:57 AM
?? When are we going to start believing in our program?

Todd4State
12-12-2016, 10:59 AM
He's been trending late for Oklahoma State since originally decommitting from LSU. 70% of CB's have him there and most all were updated in the last 2 weeks.

The recruiting experts probably assumed that Narcisse would stick with his commitment. Brennan stated that he was looking around but also said he wanted to see what happened with LSU. I guess it comes down to whether LSU wants him back or not ultimately.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2016, 10:59 AM
After Thompson enrolls early, he needs to be president of MSU and Starkville at least until february. He needs to be a big time ladies man and Dan needs to be very nice to him.

It would suck for him to have a bad experience in Starkville and sign with lsu in february. Don't think Orgeron won't keep in contact in one way or another.

You really believe this too don't you?

LockeDawg
12-12-2016, 11:03 AM
EE HS recruits don't sign scholarship papers in December...Jucos will though. All recruits are able to sign finincial paperwork that allows a certain school unlimited paperwork. Doesn't happen often...we have used this on a player but it is escaping my mind right now. It seems a player that was involved with LSU, Bama, and UM did so a year or so ago...something came of this in regards to a secondary violation maybe.

But yes...you are not bound to dead period when signing financial aid paperwork.LSU had the Wommack kid sign EE paperwork for financial aid. LSU Staff had unlimited contact with the kid and used it. Then the kid went to Bama instead of LSU and Les Miles was served a secondary violation for having contact with the kid. It's a risk a staff takes I guess.

StatesboroBlues
12-12-2016, 11:03 AM

That makes no sense. He is bound to State once he enrolls. Him signing Scholarship papers at LSU would do nothing. He would be the same as any other transfer. You saying this is the same as any player we have enroll at anytime...

StatesboroBlues
12-12-2016, 11:04 AM
LSU had the Wommack kid sign EE paperwork for financial aid. LSU Staff had unlimited contact with the kid and used it. Then the kid went to Bama instead of LSU and Les Miles was served a secondary violation for having contact with the kid. It's a risk a staff takes I guess.

That's it...thanks.

AROB44
12-12-2016, 12:35 PM
You really believe this too don't you?

Yep, he probably does....that is the sad part.

HSVDawg
12-12-2016, 01:29 PM
LSU had the Wommack kid sign EE paperwork for financial aid. LSU Staff had unlimited contact with the kid and used it. Then the kid went to Bama instead of LSU and Les Miles was served a secondary violation for having contact with the kid. It's a risk a staff takes I guess.

Les Miles had contact with him after he signed with Bama?

StatesboroBlues
12-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Lea Miles had contact with him after he signed with Bama?

No...if a recruit signs their financial aid with a School(LSU) the staff is able to have unlimited contact with said recruit. Lets say LSU contacts under the rules during the dead period but then the recruit signs with another school...violation.

That is the risk of this perk...which is also why you do not hear of it very often.

HSVDawg
12-12-2016, 01:57 PM
No...if a recruit signs their financial aid with a School(LSU) the staff is able to have unlimited contact with said recruit. Lets say LSU contacts under the rules during the dead period but then the recruit signs with another school...violation.

That is the risk of this perk...which is also why you do not hear of it very often.

So it retroactively becomes a violation after the fact if the kid changes his mind, but isn't one if he sticks with his original commitment to the school to whom he signed FA papers? That makes no sense.

In either case, I'd say that is a loophole we need to exploit more often if it gets us unlimited contact. If we end up getting a few secondary violations out of it, that's fine. Dozens of secondary violations get reported by every Power 5 athletic department every year, and nothing ever comes of them. This is one of the areas where we need to be more cutting edge with our recruiting (along with using XBox live to talk to kids while playing video games with them, etc).

BeastMan
12-12-2016, 02:05 PM
We fine.

This is this thread
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-11-2016/a0bssP.gif

TUSK
12-12-2016, 02:06 PM
This running a program and directing a program thing seems difficult for O yet again. Great recruiter huh?

This has gone over well in Nutria Rat Land, too:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2016/12/dylan_moses_affirms_commitment.html

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Can EE's participate in bowl practices? If Key finishes classes this week, could he be on campus next week practicing with the team?

StatesboroBlues
12-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Can EE's participate in bowl practices? If Key finishes classes this week, could he be on campus next week practicing with the team?

They can if all paperwork is in order...Fitz was able to get it done because of his HS schedule. Key will not be able to get his done in time.