PDA

View Full Version : Matt Luke offered OL job at USCe

Big4Dawg
12-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Freeze might have to make him OC or hire a new OL coach as well.

Bucky Dog
12-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Nafoom was saying earlier they hoped he gets the SC offer and if Freeze makes him the OC then he is an idiot.

WSOPdawg
12-11-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm gonna call a big fat negative on that one, Ghostrider. Even Muschamp is not that dumb!!!

msstate7
12-11-2016, 09:35 PM
If Luke does leave, any chance we can flip lavante epson?

messageboardsuperhero
12-11-2016, 09:38 PM
Is any reputable source that does not have UM ties reporting this? If not, this sounds like a "Freeze was offered the UF job" type of deal. Convenient excuse to give Luke a raise/promotion when it would otherwise be unpopular with the fan base.

Really Clark?
12-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Is any reputable source that does not have UM ties reporting this? If not, this sounds like a "Freeze was offered the UF job" type of deal. Convenient excuse to give Luke a raise/promotion when it would otherwise be unpopular with the fan base.

Just the So Car message boards

Westdawg
12-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Was he named in the first NOA ?

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Rebs are reporting that Luke has decided to stay.

Will be interesting to see if he decided to stay on his own or South Carolina felt he may get a show cause

Cary Hudson's little bro
12-12-2016, 04:53 PM
If Luke does leave, any chance we can flip lavante epson?

Word is he is juco bound

msstate7
12-12-2016, 04:53 PM

Will be interesting to see if he decided to stay on his own or South Carolina felt he may get a show cause

If this was indeed Luke's decision, maybe the investigation isn't as bad as thought. Of course, he is a rebel through and through

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2016, 04:57 PM
If this was indeed Luke's decision, maybe the investigation isn't as bad as thought. Of course, he is a rebel through and through

Eh, the investigation is absolutely as bad as we thought.

Could be a situation where Luke was just never offered the job & the Rebs are just saying that he's staying

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2016, 05:00 PM
What about Heard? Is the rumor about him and Indiana true or is it just another tactic where they make up he was offered just to pass the perception that OM is the place to be when "he chooses to stay"

thf24
12-12-2016, 05:00 PM

Could also mean the investigation is every bit as bad as we think in that he can't get a job anywhere else.

Tripp McNeely
12-12-2016, 05:01 PM

Did they just flip their own coach???

msstate7
12-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Could also mean the investigation is every bit as bad as we think in that he can't get a job anywhere else.

Yeah, that's why I said "if it was his decision..."

I seen it dawg
12-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Did they just flip their own coach???

I'd have to say yeah

Spiderman
12-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Matt Luke ain't leaving OM for love or money on his own again. Google the youtube video of him after the Egg this year. His parents coulda died and wife left him all in the same day and you wouldn't see more grief.

There is NO bigger Rebel than Matt Luke

DownwardDawg
12-12-2016, 07:39 PM
I'd have to say yeah

I smile every time!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-12-2016, 08:56 PM
There is NO bigger Rebel than Matt Luke

Jerrell Powe disagrees with you...

Chip
12-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I was told by a University executive, who has within the last year accompanied his University before a COI hearing, that before you hire a coach a University can call the NCAA and get a thumbs up or thumbs down on the coach. Meaning that the NCAA can tell the University whether the coach is considered a bad actor as far as NCAA rules are concerned or not.

Would be interesting to know whether USCe called and found out anything on this situation.

Todd4State
12-12-2016, 09:25 PM
I was told by a University executive, who has within the last year accompanied his University before a COI hearing, that before you hire a coach a University can call the NCAA and get a thumbs up or thumbs down on the coach. Meaning that the NCAA can tell the University whether the coach is considered a bad actor as far as NCAA rules are concerned or not.

Would be interesting to know whether USCe called and found out anything on this situation.

I would imagine that would be part of a routine background check for a SEC football coach.

Todd4State
12-12-2016, 09:26 PM
No one leaves a SEC job for a MS JUCO job on their own accord. When Saunders got fired from ULL, he ended up at PRCC and I think they fired him after he got a show cause.

Todd4State
12-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Jerrell Powe disagrees with you...

I'd put the Luke's up there with the Manning's, the Wade's, and Tuohy's. Matt Luke agreed to "walk-on" the last time Ole Miss was on probation and he was a decent prospect. And by "walk-on" I mean the boosters paid for his tuition against NCAA rules.

Ari Gold
12-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Until I get conformation that USCe offered him that job I'm calling BS on this feeble attempt to put some positivity in that dumpster Fire of a program right now.

And I'm ****ing Ari Gold I can and will get conformation on this and it won't come from 24/7 , or any of the media here or hearsay from Oxford.

Thick
12-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Ari Gold...bitches!

Todd4State
12-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Until I get conformation that USCe offered him that job I'm calling BS on this feeble attempt to put some positivity in that dumpster Fire of a program right now.

And I'm ****ing Ari Gold I can and will get conformation on this and it won't come from 24/7 , or any of the media here or hearsay from Oxford.

You know it's bad when you are pimping South Carolina as an upgrade. We bitch slapped them after we lost to South Alabama.