PDA

View Full Version : Kicker and Punter

DogsofAnarchy
12-11-2016, 07:58 PM
With as many scholarships as we have, wouldn't it be wise to sign a Kicker and Punter? Both ours are hurt. Are we willing to gamble another year with no scholarship Kicker? Guy in MS just got an offer from Texas. Anyone have thoughts on this or are special teams no big deal?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2016, 08:09 PM
We have 2 HS guys rated higher than him .

DogsofAnarchy
12-11-2016, 08:11 PM
We have two on the team or we are recruiting 2 ?

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 08:12 PM

Yeah. And one is committed to Georgia Tech. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

DogsofAnarchy
12-11-2016, 08:45 PM
I will be so happy when this staff stops waiting for the Blonde across the room when the Brunette is ready to go!!!

Yeah. And one is committed to Georgia Tech. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 10:22 PM
I will be so happy when this staff stops waiting for the Blonde across the room when the Brunette is ready to go!!!

No kidding. You have a player that is adequate that wants to go to school here. And you would think as much as our coaches don't like recruiting that they would be more than Ok taking the guy that would be easier to actually recruit.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 10:28 PM

You mean like passing on Akers to make sure we got Hill?

Yeah, I can't wait till we do that either.....*

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2016, 10:32 PM
What if the blonde said she's leaving with you & just trying to find the right time to ditch her friend.

DogsofAnarchy
12-11-2016, 10:32 PM
No, I'm sure we didn't do that. And the reality is that Hill is a different type player than Akers. Hill is a true SEC RB and gives us a downhill power runner with speed. Akers is more of an elusive type runner. Hill would be the feature back no matter who signs with us.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 10:34 PM
What if the blonde said she's leaving with you & just trying to find the right time to ditch her friend.

Then I'd tell the blonde, your a kicker. Let's go. No messing around

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 10:36 PM
No, I'm sure we didn't do that. And the reality is that Hill is a different type player than Akers. Hill is a true SEC RB and gives us a downhill power runner with speed. Akers is more of an elusive type runner. Hill would be the feature back no matter who signs with us.

Well, of course we didn't "Pass", but we made our move. We weren't going "all in" at the risk of losing our hot brunette.

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Then I'd tell the blonde, your a kicker. Let's go. No messing around

THIS

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 11:03 PM

That's assuming that you believe the Cam and Kylin won't play together rumor. They seemed to get along fine during the MS/AL ASG though.

msbulldog
12-12-2016, 07:38 AM
I didn't watch couldn't get it, but I saw several mentions that Cam sulked when Hill got the ball.
I like brunettes.

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Well, of course we didn't "Pass", but we made our move. We weren't going "all in" at the risk of losing our hot brunette.

I think we need to inject some redhead into this story, because nothing says bat shit crazy like a redhead who may or may not have been jilted.

drunkernhelldawg
12-12-2016, 11:29 AM
If our coaching staff doesn't view our kickers and punters as players capable of making the play to win a game, just like every other player, we have zero chance of winning a championship.

The kicking game is for winning, not losing.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2016, 11:33 AM
We've got a good punter. Hell, he was our MVP this year until he got hurt. Next year is the year for a punter. Everybody feels pretty good that we're flipping the GT commit but it's not done.
Hope we don't screw this up like we have the safety position recruiting.

DogsofAnarchy
12-12-2016, 11:50 AM
You're right. We have a good Punter but if he's hurt then we need another one. We have screwed up safety, CB and OL. We have to learn how to close and after 8 years, I'm not surprised that we don't.

We've got a good punter. Hell, he was our MVP this year until he got hurt. Next year is the year for a punter. Everybody feels pretty good that we're flipping the GT commit but it's not done.
Hope we don't screw this up like we have the safety position recruiting.

drunkernhelldawg
12-12-2016, 01:22 PM
I feel like Mullen hopes for a happy accident to save our kicking game. He just doesn't seem to think it's important. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but I can't think of him ever discussing the kicking game except to mention the role of a kicker in a loss.