PDA

View Full Version : How much longer do the Saints stick with Payton?

RougeDawg
12-11-2016, 07:57 PM
The lack of offense this year and turnovers from Brees have been the problem. Defense has had the team in most of the games this year. Payton hasn't had it since his bountygate suspension and it's beginning to look like the team isn't playing hard for him. Brees' days are limited as well. No zip left in the arm. All around painful to watc, especially when the defense appears to be getting better.

Jarius
12-11-2016, 08:01 PM
He should have been fired last year. He has to go.

Vandelay Industries
12-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately Payton and Loomis will never be fired while Benson is still the owner. Loomis's ass should have been gone a long time ago, and I'm on the get rid of Payton bandwagon

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately Payton and Loomis will never be fired while Benson is still the owner. Loomis's ass should have been gone a long time ago, and I'm on the get rid of Payton bandwagon

This. Signing Brees to the extension they did says everything anyone needs to know.

msstate7
12-11-2016, 08:53 PM
He should have been fired last year. He has to go.

Yep

was21
12-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Neither Payton nor Brees have been worth a shit since they both got big raises and contract extensions...typical New Orleans

Bucky Dog
12-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Trying to get another high draft choice for next year******

msstate7
12-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Trying to get another high draft choice for next year******

They'll win 2 to get to 7-9, thus killing draft position

STATEBALLIN
12-11-2016, 09:38 PM
They traded the team away for jimmy graham a few years ago and haven't recovered since.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2016, 09:44 PM
Team management is the problem. Payton would be hired 5 mins after being fired. He's a good coach but they draft crap and sign crap.

LC Dawg
12-11-2016, 09:49 PM
They should have drafted that Prescott kid in the 4th round and they would have a future to look forward to.

anubus
12-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Loomis should be fired for creating the cap mess they're in,Payton isn't getting it done and I wish Benson would sell.Watched game today and it was sickening.

Todd4State
12-12-2016, 12:41 AM
They should have drafted that Prescott kid in the 4th round and they would have a future to look forward to.

I'm glad the didn't to be honest with you. Dak would have sat behind Brees for the next few years assuming that Brees isn't forced into retirement by an injury. Maybe they will get Keytaeon by that time.

dawgs
12-12-2016, 02:37 AM
They traded the team away for jimmy graham a few years ago and haven't recovered since.

Wut?

dawgs
12-12-2016, 02:42 AM
Neither Payton nor Brees have been worth a shit since they both got big raises and contract extensions...typical New Orleans

Well here's the thing, brees isn't getting younger. I don't blame him for aging, because it happens to literally everyone. I also don't blame him for taking one last paycheck, because who wouldn't? I don't think it's a case of him not caring or whatever, it's just age. With Payton, he's not the gm, so while he has some input I'm sure, he's ultimately saddled with the roster loomis hands him, which is limited by the cap problems loomed put them in.

Vandelay Industries
12-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Well here's the thing, brees isn't getting younger. I don't blame him for aging, because it happens to literally everyone. I also don't blame him for taking one last paycheck, because who wouldn't? I don't think it's a case of him not caring or whatever, it's just age. With Payton, he's not the gm, so while he has some input I'm sure, he's ultimately saddled with the roster loomis hands him, which is limited by the cap problems loomed put them in.

Payton is the player personnel guy, Loomis is the money guy. Loomis is nothing more than a glorified accountant, Saints need a real GM who will challenge Payton and not let him do whatever he wants

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Y'all need to learn what I learned after 25 years of being a Falcons fan and swear them off. They will only break your hearts.
If only Eugene Robinson could resist hookers and blow......

msstate7
12-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Y'all need to learn what I learned after 25 years of being a Falcons fan and swear them off. They will only break your hearts.
If only Eugene Robinson could resist hookers and blow......

Saints have won a super bowl

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Saints have won a super bowl
I consider that a gift from the Gods. The Bensons still haven't learned how to run a franchise.

RougeDawg
12-12-2016, 10:46 AM
I consider that a gift from the Gods. The Bensons still haven't learned how to run a franchise.

This. The pelicans are also a wreck. Have one of top, if not top overall, players in NBA and can't put a couple pieces around him to make playoffs. Plus they hired a retread, previously failed coach, who just doesn't have what it takes. 2nd horrible hire in a row. I believe Loomis is involved with basketball also.

parabrave
12-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Payton and Loomis run the team. Benson is just collecting the money. And that's the problem.. There is no one to hold that duo accountable. The last 5 drafts have been busts as well as their FA acquisitions. It's not going to get any better anytime soon.

SaintDawg
12-12-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm perfectly fine with them going back to being the lovable losers of the NFL. I love my Saints, good or bad. Win or lose, it's still one of the, if not, THE funnest atmospheres in the NFL. I've been to a mess of NFL games all over. The Dome has them all beat. Jacksonville was a good time too.