PDA

View Full Version : Message to our Twitter fans...

CadaverDawg
12-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Please, for the love of God, quit being so insecure on twitter. Keytaon Thompson is retweeting all of his mentions from last night on twitter apparently, and it is embarrassing to see the subtweets responding to our GOOD twitter fans by our insecure ones.

For instance, he retweets someone saying "KT will be a star at MSU", and you pull that tweet up and the first two responses are "I can't believe we managed to steal this kid from LSU", or "let's just hope LSU doesn't get him from us"....good grief, show some pride and confidence and don't make the kid think "ya know, it would be easy to flip right now...they just act fortunate to even have a chance with me. Those idiots would probably wish me the best if I flipped". I can only imagine if I were him how I'd feel like I was committed to a Division 2 FCS school the way our fans act.

WE HAVE A BETTER COACH, BETTER QB COACH, AND BETTER PROGRAM FOR A TOP QB PROSPECT THAN LSU RIGHT NOW..... Own it! It's real! Accept it.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
12-11-2016, 08:59 AM
I agree we got some really pathetic looking fans on twitter sometimes!! Somethings are better left unsaid just like his tweet and move on!

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Please, for the love of God, quit being so insecure on twitter. Keytaon Thompson is retweeting all of his mentions from last night on twitter apparently, and it is embarrassing to see the subtweets responding to our GOOD twitter fans by our insecure ones.

For instance, he retweets someone saying "KT will be a star at MSU", and you pull that tweet up and the first two responses are "I can't believe we managed to steal this kid from LSU", or "let's just hope LSU doesn't get him from us"....good grief, show some pride and confidence and don't make the kid think "ya know, it would be easy to flip right now...they just act fortunate to even have a chance with me. Those idiots would probably wish me the best if I flipped". I can only imagine if I were him how I'd feel like I was committed to a Division 2 FCS school the way our fans act.

WE HAVE A BETTER COACH, BETTER QB COACH, AND BETTER PROGRAM FOR A TOP QB PROSPECT THAN LSU RIGHT NOW..... Own it! It's real! Accept it.

Absolutely 1000% correct. Great post Cadaver.

I look forward to the day MSU fans change.

It's easily the worst trait of our fan base

GreenheadDawg
12-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I guess old habits are hard to break. Most fans are just used to guys blowing up and then flipping to bigger programs. But I agree, our fans need to quit the little brother syndrome.

BrunswickDawg
12-11-2016, 09:19 AM
MSU Induced PTSD strikes again - "can you believe how good this is? No. Let's start looking for ways the bottom will drop out and we will suck again...."

Op4isabitch
12-11-2016, 09:20 AM
100% the only job our Twitter warriors have right now is to congratulate our current players and like the tweets from our prospects and pile on to any and everything negative that comes across Twitter regarding the Rebel Blackbears LandCarps!

There's so little negative published about OleMiss by the instate media that it's incumbent on our fans to make sure that the negative press from outside the state is seen by everyone!

*********DONT TWEET RECRUITS***********

basedog
12-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Pretty sure the "Blue Hair Crowd" ain't into twitter, so thanks Clint for the post.

MetEdDawg
12-11-2016, 09:21 AM

Here's the problem I see. Our fan base gets mad when people don't respect us or when they try and defend us not being lil ole MSU anymore. But then our fans go out and act like lil old MSU in recruiting.

If we want to change the narrative on our program, we can't do this kind of crap. If you want to be a big program then the fan base has to do things big program fan bases do. And right now our fans are nowhere close to that level.

Political Hack
12-11-2016, 09:24 AM
The last part of your post is what's most important. He knows it. Our fans just haven't realized it yet. We're now producing the best QBs in the SEC.

Reason2succeed
12-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Here's the problem I see. Our fan base gets mad when people don't respect us or when they try and defend us not being lil ole MSU anymore. But then our fans go out and act like lil old MSU in recruiting.

If we want to change the narrative on our program, we can't do this kind of crap. If you want to be a big program then the fan base has to do things big program fan bases do. And right now our fans are nowhere close to that level.

Speaking of which were there any MSU fans at the MS/AL Allstar game? I saw Auburn fans and Alabama fans but no MSU gear. Many people complain about Mullen but a lot of us fail to do our part in turning the public perception of our program around.

DownwardDawg
12-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Amen brother!!!!! Our fan base has to learn to "expect" to win!

Dawgowar
12-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Why does any rational adult tweet a high schooler period? It's just creepy.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-11-2016, 10:13 AM
I think you are overthinking this. Most 18 year olds don't think like us.

RougeDawg
12-11-2016, 10:33 AM
I think you are overthinking this. Most 18 year olds don't think like us.

Or think at all, for the majority of the time. Don't sweat thisntoo much. KT sees Dan Mullen as his best chance to the league. Now if dan will pull his hands out of the cookie jars not named "offense" and "QB", our entire program will rise to the next level like the offense and QB play has.

I seen it dawg
12-11-2016, 10:42 AM
What's tweeter?

parabrave
12-11-2016, 12:03 PM
What's tweeter?

A dam good split end who likes beer.

yjnkdawg
12-11-2016, 01:15 PM
How did we steal Key from LSU, when they never had him? Makes no sense on what they are saying. He wants to play for and under Mullen. End of story.

Red Sox Dawg
12-11-2016, 01:18 PM
A dam good split end who likes beer.

Rep added.

msbulldog
12-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Tell it CDawg, we are a great school and an excellent athletic program across the board. Remember we have a SEC Championship last year. We take the backseat to no one. Hail State!

HereComesTheSpiral
12-11-2016, 01:48 PM
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-recruiting/keytaon-thompson-going-off-in-5a-championship/67564010/

Could be LSU fans

msbulldog
12-11-2016, 02:08 PM

Amen CDawg, we have an excellent school and an excellent athletic program across the board. We had a SEC championship in a big three sport last year. How many SEC schools can claim that, 2 others. 11 other schools cannot make that claim. Other than Alabama, how many schools can make a claim to a #1 football ranking in the last 3 years?
If you don't think your the best, nobody else will!
Let's only talk positive about MSU!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

parabrave
12-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Well LSU has another good QB committed from Lutcher who just kicked ass in his game yesterday. I listened to his game yesterday and he was lights out. But of course Miles was recruiting him as an athlete. Don't think O is gonna make that mistake.

preachermatt83
12-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Good post!!

msbulldog
12-11-2016, 02:21 PM
What's tweeter?

Hell a twit is somebody you don't communicate with.

Percho
12-11-2016, 02:23 PM
I agree with the OP, especially what he wrote last, and hope our brand new AD locks down our head coach regardless of what a bunch of message board posters think. Does DM drive one nuts at times, yea but as he said after the Egg Bowl win 2016, He is still learning as a coach.

SDDawg
12-11-2016, 02:31 PM

If you are going to say anything, just praise his play and let that be it. No reason to do anything else. The kid is a straight baller and Mullen will turn him into a star.

I seen it dawg
12-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Thompson to State

I seen it.....again

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-11-2016, 07:53 PM
This just shows why lsu hasn't had a qb worth mentioning in ages. They didn't recruit this kid anywhere close to where you would think they would have. I mean he is basically in their backyard and he is coming to Starkville.

Bothrops
12-11-2016, 08:57 PM
Twitter is for coaches and kids.

was21
12-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Same thing applies to obsession with what OM does or does not do...pathetic

TimberBeast
12-11-2016, 10:38 PM
I agree we got some really pathetic looking fans on twitter sometimes!!

Are there any people on twitter that aren't pathetic?