PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like OM Is Really Addressing the LB Position...*

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Ole Missus phans better get used to more commitments like the one they just took. Talk about just needing bodies.

They just committed a JUCO LB from NE MS named Brenden Williams. Out of high school last year Williams was a WR that ran a 4.88 40 & is 6'3" 230.

He is unranked by the services & there is no video of him anywhere on the web.

I'm sure this guy is the missing piece to shutting down SEC offenses

Big4Dawg
12-10-2016, 09:02 PM
But Rebels247 Says: Williams could be the steal of the 2017 class for the Rebels. Sources inside the Ole Miss program believe Williams has NFL potential as a linebacker. He bloomed rapidly into the position once he arrived at junior college, and give the Rebels credit for knowing about him. He has flown under the radar of most major programs simply because he is the rare freshman eligible to leave junior college early. He has sight, the ability to move and a nastiness. He can help immediately.

Really Clark?
12-10-2016, 09:08 PM
He is really raw and only played LB for one year. If he is helping immediately, then he will have to make enormous strides or their LB's are even worse than this year. Most expect him to redshirt next year as he has 4 to play 3 but if they are that bad to force him to action, it won't be "good news"

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 09:10 PM
But Rebels247 Says: Williams could be the steal of the 2017 class for the Rebels. Sources inside the Ole Miss program believe Williams has NFL potential as a linebacker. He bloomed rapidly into the position once he arrived at junior college, and give the Rebels credit for knowing about him. He has flown under the radar of most major programs simply because he is the rare freshman eligible to leave junior college early. He has sight, the ability to move and a nastiness. He can help immediately.

He runs a 4.8

Covercorner2
12-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Best part is the staff tried to keep him a "secret" so that no one else would recruit him. If he was any good, wouldnt schools know about him regardless?

defiantdog
12-10-2016, 09:13 PM
They have to replace Willie

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Best part is the staff tried to keep him a "secret" so that no one else would recruit him. If he was any good, wouldnt schools know about him regardless?

I could understand hiding out McKinney or Banks because they were out of position at small schools, but MS JUCO? Really?

I don't buy it one bit

Really Clark?
12-10-2016, 09:18 PM
He runs a 4.8

Ragland ran 4.72 and Benni Brown ran 4.81? I think, at combine. 4.8 would be bottom half of combine but could still be an effect College player. But I stand by I don't think he will be ready for next year

msstate7
12-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Ragland ran 4.72 and Benni Brown ran 4.81? I think, at combine. 4.8 would be bottom half of combine but could still be an effect College player. But I stand by I don't think he will be ready for next year

I bet Ragland and brown ran better than that prior to the combine. EVERYONE's 40 seems to drop there

Really Clark?
12-10-2016, 09:31 PM
I bet Ragland and brown ran better than that prior to the combine. EVERYONE's 40 seems to drop there

That's true, it's a notorious slow track but he may also be running with terrible technique. These players train for months to run as good of a combine time as they can.

Jarius
12-10-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm sure he will develop nicely just as all of their other linebackers that they didn't turn into defensive ends did.