PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Stidham

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Well, beating Auburn just became infinetly more difficult.

For Baylor 5* QB Jarrett Stidham just announced he's transferring to Auburn.

I used to question Malzahn's offense without a running QB, but it seemed fine with Sean White this year until he was hurt & couldn't practice.

My guess is that Stidham will beat out White

I was really hoping Stidham would transfer to Florida & I'm not totally sure why he didn't. That way he would help up by beating LSU & others

msstate7
12-10-2016, 07:31 PM
He'll have to sit '17, right?

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-10-2016, 07:33 PM
He sat this year. I hate this. I read an article that he was waiting to see where his old OC went I believe.... I was hoping he would follow him wherever.....anywhere except Auburn.

HoopsDawg
12-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Don't sell him short as a runner. He's no Nick Fitz, but he can run. Huge get for AU considering he has 3 to play 3, can play immediately, and already has Power 5 experience.

chisaintdog3
12-10-2016, 07:55 PM
I liked him with Baylor. Hate that he is going to Auburn but glad he will be back playing.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm just surprised he didn't sign with Florida. They need a QB, will win the East again, and have good WRs.

bulldawg28
12-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Auburn has lonngggggg pockets.

SDDawg
12-10-2016, 09:27 PM
If I've learned anything about Gus, he can screw up a good thing faster than you can order smothered, chunked and covered hash browns at Waffle House. I fully expect him to screw this up somehow, no concerns.

lamont
12-10-2016, 09:37 PM
If I've learned anything about Gus, he can screw up a good thing faster than you can order smothered, chunked and covered hash browns at Waffle House. I fully expect him to screw this up somehow, no concerns.

wtf? I dont understand these posts. Everybody kept saying he was going to be fired. Instead- he's in the Sugar Bowl. He lost his top RB's and then his QB was hurt the 2nd half of the season. They still ended up in the Sugar Bowl and in the top 5 in offense. He is a helluva coach. They return 15 starters and now have a top flight QB. They will win 10 games in 2017

confucius say
12-10-2016, 09:38 PM
As long as auburn is losing those three NFL ol, it will be aight.

defiantdog
12-10-2016, 10:10 PM
wtf? I dont understand these posts. Everybody kept saying he was going to be fired. Instead- he's in the Sugar Bowl. He lost his top RB's and then his QB was hurt the 2nd half of the season. They still ended up in the Sugar Bowl and in the top 5 in offense. He is a helluva coach. They return 15 starters and now have a top flight QB. They will win 10 games in 2017
They have a stud 4* dual threat qb they redshirted this year as well. I bet he transfers since that's the thing to do now.

Auburn has the best OL recruiting class of any team this year..... they'll be fine.

smootness
12-10-2016, 10:12 PM

He's in the Sugar Bowl because the SEC sucks this year. 4 losses.

After a great first year with an inherited team, he's 23-15 with an 11-13 SEC record.

That is almost identical to Mullen's overall and SEC win %s through his entire tenure, and he's doing it at Auburn. Yet he's a great coach and it would be good if Mullen left. Go figure.

msstate7
12-10-2016, 10:15 PM

After a great first year with an inherited team, he's 23-15 with an 11-13 SEC record.

That is almost identical to Mullen's overall and SEC win %s through his entire tenure, and he's doing it at Auburn. Yet he's a great coach and it would be good if Mullen left. Go figure.

Random worships lsu and auburn

HSVDawg
12-10-2016, 10:58 PM

Not to mention the 3 or 4 wins that were completely pulled out of their ass in 2013, or else his entire tenure at Auburn would be way worse.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 11:13 PM

They are losing some 1st rounders on that DL & good players on the OL. You really think they are better in the trenches next year?

lamont
12-10-2016, 11:17 PM

Is Smith or Gholson leaving early? Hadnt heard they were. They only have 2 Sr's stating

lamont
12-10-2016, 11:25 PM
They are losing some 1st rounders on that DL & good players on the OL. You really think they are better in the trenches next year?

They will be just as good. They signed 2 5-stars on the DL last year and only lose a couple of guys. Lawson will surely declare- but they are actually young on the DL. Adams and Lawson will be the only real losses. Swain is decent

They have 2 Sr's on the OL and one of their JR's may declare- we'll see. 3 of their top 4 commits for this year are OL guys. a 5-star and 2 4-stars. I expect them to be better next year. They were a young team this past season and will only get better. Their freshman WR's will grow up. They only lose 2 guys on the entire 2-deep of the back 7 of their defense.

bulldawg28
12-11-2016, 07:31 AM
They will be just as good. They signed 2 5-stars on the DL last year and only lose a couple of guys. Lawson will surely declare- but they are actually young on the DL. Adams and Lawson will be the only real losses. Swain is decent

They have 2 Sr's on the OL and one of their JR's may declare- we'll see. 3 of their top 4 commits for this year are OL guys. a 5-star and 2 4-stars. I expect them to be better next year. They were a young team this past season and will only get better. Their freshman WR's will grow up. They only lose 2 guys on the entire 2-deep of the back 7 of their defense.

Auburn will be good because of Pettway on offense. Losing 2 OL out of 5 is big. Their DL won't be as deadly with unproven depth having to learn as they go. However, they'll be a really good team. They will be beatable and we'll give them a great game.

HSVDawg
12-11-2016, 11:48 AM
I liked him with Baylor. Hate that he is going to Auburn but glad he will be back playing.

I still like our QB situation better than theirs. Stidham will likely find the going not nearly as easy against SEC defenses as it was in the Big 12 under Briles.

lamont
12-11-2016, 12:05 PM
I still like our QB situation better than theirs. Stidham will likely find the going not nearly as easy against SEC defenses as it was in the Big 12 under Briles.

We are fine at QB- but now their QB situation is improved. That cant be denied.

Auburn returns:

7/8 WR's
Both TB's
Both H-Backs
Good players on the OL and signing more
2/3 starters on the DL
6/8 LB'ers (losing Lawson is big tho- he is an impact guy)
7/9 in the Secondary

Now add a really good QB to that

Auburn wins 10 games in 2017

Turfdawg67
12-11-2016, 12:07 PM

Wow! Sugarbowl! Kinda fell bassackwards into that didn't they. So they were the best of the worst in a very mediocre SEC this year, big whoop. What he do with all that talent he had the last two years?? Zilch. His little "Boom" antics on the sidelines have become a joke.

chisaintdog3
12-11-2016, 12:49 PM

Oh I definitely do too. I was just saying I liked watching him play while he was at Baylor.

confucius say
12-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Is Smith or Gholson leaving early? Hadnt heard they were. They only have 2 Sr's stating

Smith is projected early second round and is expected to come out.