PDA

View Full Version : Sure glad we didn't have to play that scary Navy juggernaut***

blacklistedbully
12-10-2016, 06:36 PM
200 yards total offense vs 6-5 Army. 300 yards total offense the game before. 17 points today vs Army. 10 the week before.

23 first downs for Army - 8 for Navy.

This was an Army team that lost two weeks ago to ND 44-6. An Army team that lost to:

Buffalo (2-10)
Duke (4-8)
N. Texas
Air Force
ND (4-8)

Yep...I just don't know how we could possibly have prepared to play those guys with 2+ weeks of practice to prepare.****

msstate7
12-10-2016, 06:39 PM
I was never in the anyone but navy group; but to be fair, they lost their qb and beat RB. We would've lit up the scoreboard big time on navy though... no way they would've slowed fitz down

I seen it dawg
12-10-2016, 06:47 PM
It wasn't scared of navy. The fact of wasting valuable time preparing for something we won't play next year or in years. Getting guys cutting on Simmons legs every down. Glad we didn't play them no matter how bad we would have beaten them.

blacklistedbully
12-10-2016, 06:48 PM
I was never in the anyone but navy group; but to be fair, they lost their qb and beat RB. We would've lit up the scoreboard big time on navy though... no way they would've slowed fitz down

True, but Abey came in and averaged 7.6 yds per carry compared to 4.5 for Worth. Worth was a better passing QB, but they aren't a passing offense.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 06:49 PM
It wasn't scared of navy. The fact of wasting valuable time preparing for something we won't play next year or in years. Getting guys cutting on Simmons legs every down. Glad we didn't play them no matter how bad we would have beaten them.

This was the way I felt as well.

We would've pounded Navy, but playing them is far less productive because we'd have to waste valuable practice time preparing to stop an offense that none of the teams on our schedule next year run.

I'd rather face the Mike Leach air raid so our secondary improved

blacklistedbully
12-10-2016, 06:50 PM

This I get, and don't disagree. But there were many on here who were convinced we would struggle to beat them, and their TO offense.

Jarius
12-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Lol. The only valuable practice time is for the young guys and they are just running our stuff and defending our stuff early in bowl prep. It was a joke that our fans were scared of them.