PDA

View Full Version : Hill up the Middle is going to be a good thing!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Hill up the middle will be what Holloway up the middle wasn't. #20 is a Beast!

Todd4State
12-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Key and Hill is going to be special for us.

RougeDawg
12-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Agree with this, but it'll be the 2019 season for both to see the field.

msstate7
12-10-2016, 03:54 PM

Fitz and aeris/Gibson should be fun in the mean time

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 04:01 PM

I'd add Hill to that. He's way too good to keep of the field

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Kylin Hill name MS MVP

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 04:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzWAD8vXcAAIo-O.jpg

Todd4State
12-10-2016, 04:07 PM

I have no problem redshirting guys if there are quality players like that in front of them.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Really wise decision by Mullen.

Mullen was faced with the option of entering the Akers sweepstakes & potentially seeing Kylin Hill go through the entire process, or committing Hill & bowing out of the Akers sweepstakes. Very very wise decision.

While OM sweats it out for Akers, we are sitting pretty with an outstanding talent

Bothrops
12-10-2016, 04:26 PM
How many yards did our MVP get?

HoopsDawg
12-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Key and Hill is going to be special for us.

Love that combo. And I like Suggs as a Tackle prospect. Really wish we were bringing in that special outside WR to go with them. We need to go all out for McMath.

Todd4State
12-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Love that combo. And I like Suggs as a Tackle prospect. Really wish we were bringing in that special outside WR to go with them. We need to go all out for McMath.

That would be Malik Heath who is a commit for us in the 2018 class. I wish we would pick up our o-line recruiting bit at least we have a legit LT prospect in Suggs and C prospect in Pail Gainer. We could fill the other three spots with three other JUCO guys down the line of we have to. Hogan and the OT at Greenwood are really good next year as well.

Ari Gold
12-10-2016, 05:31 PM

Hill will play next year..

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Good, he should

Ari, how does Gibson compare to Hill?

I know he played some this year, but I can't remember him

munk_munk92
12-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Hate to be negative about it but someone has to especially how mullen is with running backs. Hill probably wont see the field until his junior or senior year while mullen starts a 5'6" 150 rb in his place. Mullen has a history of mismanaging rbs. Hopefully he learned his lesson this year. If it were me id redshirt hill because we all know in order to start in mullen offense he has to know everything. But redshirt him that way we can have him longer when aeries is gone. Plus we got some studs already in gibson and murphy.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-10-2016, 06:23 PM
How many yards did our MVP get?

18 carries 97 yards
Gay with 7 tackles

I thought JJ Russell played a good game. He ended up with 7 tackles.

Akers had 67 yards. Not sure how many carries.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 06:25 PM

HoopsDawg
12-10-2016, 06:27 PM
18 carries 97 yards
Gay with 7 tackles

I thought JJ Russell played a good game. He ended up with 7 tackles.

I'd love to have a 4-2-5 in the futue with Leo and Gay as the LB's and Avery playing close to the line of scrimmage. Speed!!

RougeDawg
12-10-2016, 06:27 PM

You do realize we have the same head coach next year right? Same head coach who played Perk over JRob and Shump/Holloway over Williams/Lee/Gibson.

Everyone "knew" Williams would replace JRob but he was "too young".

msstate7
12-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Hate to be negative about it but someone has to especially how mullen is with running backs. Hill probably wont see the field until his junior or senior year while mullen starts a 5'6" 150 rb in his place. Mullen has a history of mismanaging rbs. Hopefully he learned his lesson this year. If it were me id redshirt hill because we all know in order to start in mullen offense he has to know everything. But redshirt him that way we can have him longer when aeries is gone. Plus we got some studs already in gibson and murphy.

I'm not disputing Murphy being a stud, but I do wonder where this is coming from. He wasn't highly rated and I'm not aware of any game action. Is he looking good in practice?

gravedigger
12-10-2016, 08:36 PM

And he will do what tyler russell, dak prescott, aries williams failed to do if you are right.

Being good enough to play does not translate into playing time under mullen.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2016, 08:50 PM
And he will do what tyler russell, dak prescott, aries williams failed to do if you are right.

Being good enough to play does not translate into playing time under mullen.

But He would be doing what Fred Ross, Bear Wilson, & Chad Bumphis did.

KB21
12-10-2016, 09:24 PM

Jeffrey Simmons and Marquis Spencer as well. Malik Dear played as a true freshman. Jamal Couch played as a true freshman this year. Leo Lewis is a redshirt freshman starting at LB. Farrod Green is a RS Freshman starting at TE.

This narrative that Dan doesn't play young players is total BS, and a lot of BS is made up about Dan on these message boards.

Todd4State
12-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Jeffrey Simmons and Marquis Spencer as well. Malik Dear played as a true freshman. Jamal Couch played as a true freshman this year. Leo Lewis is a redshirt freshman starting at LB. Farrod Green is a RS Freshman starting at TE.

This narrative that Dan doesn't play young players is total BS, and a lot of BS is made up about Dan on these message boards.

A lot of the reason those guys played was because the depth chart was barren at their positions. He "plays" freshmen but rarely do they get starting reps. I'm Ok with that as long as the upperclassman is equal or better. That's the issue I have especially when we see Aeris come in immediately and improve the offense when Holloway gets hurt.

RougeDawg
12-11-2016, 08:33 AM
A lot of the reason those guys played was because the depth chart was barren at their positions. He "plays" freshmen but rarely do they get starting reps. I'm Ok with that as long as the upperclassman is equal or better. That's the issue I have especially when we see Aeris come in immediately and improve the offense when Holloway gets hurt.

This. Or JRob coming in and the same thing. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to see that Mullen plays upperclassmen over better talent. Then follows it up using one of his " too young" "doesn't know the entire playbook" or "can't block l" bullshit excuses.

This is one of the major changes dan has to make for us to take the next step. It'll help on the field and recruiting trail. Our current player usage makes it extremely difficult to sell "early PT" to the elite players. Hell, it took Chris jones s full year and a half to become a full fledge starter for us and he's one of the top rookies. He would have started for just about every college team in America and we had him on 1B. Not. Not a good selling point when the teams you are battling get these types of players involved early and often.

SallyStansbury
12-11-2016, 08:47 AM

Play receiver?