PDA

View Full Version : I love that we have a coach that scouts and doesn't just rely on stars

Dawgology
12-10-2016, 02:34 PM
It can get frustrating at times not signing al 5* and 4* players...and there can be classes that are busts...but I'm glad we don't overextend on some of these overrated 5* players. In general, the players Mullen choose seem to develop and "get there" more than most. This is the type of foundation that you can build a dynasty on eventually. Eventually the legit 5* players will begin to realize that Mullen can make them NFL money.

Watching the MS/AL game is kind of eye-opening in this regard.

RocketDawg
12-10-2016, 02:37 PM
True. But those 5-stars have to realize they don't know every thing and be willing to follow Mullen's directions and coaching. I suspect that some, like Nkemdiche and possibly Shea, would not be willing.

coastdoglover
12-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Kylin Hill is the best back in the game

DogsofAnarchy
12-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Kylie is the best RB in that stadium and the best back tomcome out of Mississippi in years.

Todd4State
12-10-2016, 02:49 PM
I agree but we do need to do a slightly better job of landing more 4-5 star guys. I think we will see that happen now that Ole Miss will get severe sanctions from paying those 4-5 star players.

confucius say
12-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Akers is more explosive and a higher ceiling.

Hill understands how to run much better than Akers right now. Very polished runner.

Bodaski
12-10-2016, 03:22 PM

I see a lot of Decinzo Miller in Hill.

maroonmania
12-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I agree but we do need to do a slightly better job of landing more 4-5 star guys. I think we will see that happen now that Ole Miss will get severe sanctions from paying those 4-5 star players.

Exactly, our current level of recruiting is good for 6-8 wins a year most of the time but not to get into the top half of the SEC most years.

Coursesuper
12-10-2016, 03:37 PM
I see a lot of Decinzo Miller in Hill.

I see that, has the same kind of vison for sure, Hill may be faster.

BayouDawg
12-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Defensive backs and O Line recruiting have been the main problem. Ever since Melvin Smith left the DBs have regressed and our whole recruitng plan for O Line has made no sense for years. Hopefully TBuck can get the CBS straight and I'm not sure what to do about O Line recruiting philosophy.

HoopsDawg
12-10-2016, 04:43 PM
I see that, has the same kind of vison for sure, Hill may be faster.

I don't see Dicenzo but I see a runner that is a good fit in our offense. 1 cut, downhill runner, with power. Reminds me of all the Denver Broncos backs under Shanahan and that zone blocking scheme.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Reminds me of Devonte Freeman

Coincidentally both were 94 rated RBs by 247 out of HS & both are about the same size. Really like how young Kylin's body looks. Not to compare him to Akers, but Akers is maxed out whereas Kylin still has some maturation & projection left in his frame & face

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzWAD8vXcAAIo-O.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l2IIF6GKYQ

munk_munk92
12-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Give t buck some time. That dude knows how to recruit. He goes after the big names and will land some of them

Reason2succeed
12-10-2016, 11:51 PM
We will never land the recruits who have their hands out and are demanding a price for services. Those guys are very talented but are hard to coach unless you are Nick Saban or Urban Meyer (and even Urban nearly had a nervous breakdown).

We are going about things the right way. We are setting up a solid foundation for our program. Pay attention to our neighbors to the north for the next year and you will see what happens when you try to game the system.