PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hearing Damian might be returning?

Bucky Dog
12-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Heard a little chatter last night that he might be reconsidering, especially since Tiano is gone. Makes sense to me, especially if he doesn't have a guaranteed starting position to where he transfers. Heard or read that he is actually practicing with the team and going to the bowl, whether that matters or not.

MetEdDawg
12-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Heard a little chatter last night that he might be reconsidering, especially since Tiano is gone. Makes sense to me, especially if he doesn't have a guaranteed starting position to where he transfers. Heard or read that he is actually practicing with the team and going to the bowl, whether that matters or not.

That would be a really huge thing for us. Not only would we have an experienced backup in case of Fitz injury, Keytaon wouldn't be required to play immediately. He could RS and learn the offense an extra year. Would definitely be a fan of this.

DogsofAnarchy
12-10-2016, 09:14 AM
He is transferring after the Bowl game. Agreed to stay on until after the game. Doing exactly what the Bama QB's are doing.

That would be a really huge thing for us. Not only would we have an experienced backup in case of Fitz injury, Keytaon wouldn't be required to play immediately. He could RS and learn the offense an extra year. Would definitely be a fan of this.

WinningIsRelentless
12-10-2016, 09:30 AM
It's 50/50 right now that he stays.

maroonmania
12-10-2016, 09:50 AM
It's 50/50 right now that he stays.

If it creates any dissension within the team like it seemed to do early this season then I'm not necessarily excited for him to stay. Tiano staying would have been the much better plan going forward.

CadaverDawg
12-10-2016, 10:05 AM
If it creates any dissension within the team like it seemed to do early this season then I'm not necessarily excited for him to stay. Tiano staying would have been the much better plan going forward.

Not a chance it could create problems. First of all, I never believed it in the first place...second of all, any player that doesn't get behind Nick after the year he had, should be cut for being a moron.

Would be great if he'd return imo

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Everything I heard from the team, and Mullen has pretty much echoed what they were saying, was that what happened earlier in the year wasn't Damien's fault or even Dans for that matter. Basically it was about Fitz taking ownership and being the guy. I know some will say "well it cost us the first game". And you have a right to that opinion. But from the teams point of view they went from having the ultimate leader to a guy that isn't a natural born leader. Dan said it best after the Egg when he said if he wants to be that guy, it will be in July when its hot and gathering the receivers to throw to and work on timing and the route tree. Damien did that last year. Fitz not so much. I know it's selfish for me to want this but I truly want Damien to go somewhere and play. He is a damn good kid and also deserves a chance

DownwardDawg
12-10-2016, 10:22 AM
It would be awesome if he returned.

Liverpooldawg
12-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Everything I heard from the team, and Mullen has pretty much echoed what they were saying, was that what happened earlier in the year wasn't Damien's fault or even Dans for that matter. Basically it was about Fitz taking ownership and being the guy. I know some will say "well it cost us the first game". And you have a right to that opinion. But from the teams point of view they went from having the ultimate leader to a guy that isn't a natural born leader. Dan said it best after the Egg when he said if he wants to be that guy, it will be in July when its hot and gathering the receivers to throw to and work on timing and the route tree. Damien did that last year. Fitz not so much. I know it's selfish for me to want this but I truly want Damien to go somewhere and play. He is a damn good kid and also deserves a chance

Yep

Dawgface
12-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Whatever he decides I will be fine with. Would love to have him as insurance next year, but will wish him the best if he does in fact leave.

Really Clark?
12-10-2016, 11:43 AM
He is missing practice this weekend to go visit a school he is looking at transferring to

t45fixer
12-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Have heard he is transferring because of grades. Not attending bowl also.

Thick
12-10-2016, 12:08 PM
I could care less if he stays. He's a cancer in the locker room.

HSVDawg
12-10-2016, 12:16 PM
I could care less if he stays. He's a cancer in the locker room.

Seems this kid is a polarizing figure. Got some calling him a damn good kid and some calling him a cancer. Hard to know heads from tails on this one. I think both he and Fitz had some growing up to do before the season started, but I don't know that I'd call either one a cancer. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

Really Clark?
12-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Have heard he is transferring because of grades. Not attending bowl also.

Dan said he expects him to be at the bowl game

Thick
12-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Seems this kid is a polarizing figure. Got some calling him a damn good kid and some calling him a cancer. Hard to know heads from tails on this one. I think both he and Fitz had some growing up to do before the season started, but I don't know that I'd call either one a cancer. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

You're probably right. I'm just being a dick.

archdog
12-10-2016, 12:36 PM
It would be awesome if he returned.

Damien is the ultimate bulldog. That guy has sacrificed for MSU his entire career. He is one of my favorites cause his dedication mirrors ours as fans. Hope he stays, but if he leaves I hope he thrives.

Todd4State
12-10-2016, 12:48 PM

I think he can be a good kid and a cancer at the same time or maybe distraction is s better word than cancer. If things happened the way I heard they happened.

t45fixer
12-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Just giving my input from what I was told. His grade have been a little suspect this year.

Really Clark?
12-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Just giving my input from what I was told. His grade have been a little suspect this year.

No problem. And it may still be on the edge until the final grades are in. Nick James was at practice today

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-10-2016, 01:08 PM
If by not laying down and just giving the job is Fitz is a cancer then yeah. He is. But anyone with eyes can see it took the players a few weeks to adjust to Fitz cause they were used to Damien throwing them the ball all offseason. I don't wanna point a finger at either kid. Both are great kids just have different ways of leading. Glad it played out like it did. We got a great qb. But also hoping it works out for Damien.

t45fixer
12-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Don't think he got his degree last night.

HSVDawg
12-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Don't think he got his degree last night.

Was he supposed to? That would have meant he graduated early. He's only been at MSU for 7 full semesters plus summer terms.

GTHOM
12-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Not a chance it could create problems. First of all, I never believed it in the first place...second of all, any player that doesn't get behind Nick after the year he had, should be cut for being a moron.

Would be great if he'd return imo

There was legit tension in the team during the preseason and first part of the year. Believe what you will but its a fact. You are right about Fitz, he won the team over and is probably the best QB in the conference next year if he has a good offseason. He has twice the talent Dak had

RocketDawg
12-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Was he supposed to? That would have meant he graduated early. He's only been at MSU for 7 full semesters plus summer terms.

How long does it normally take? That would seem to be more than 8 semesters (4 years).

Todd4State
12-10-2016, 02:53 PM
If by not laying down and just giving the job is Fitz is a cancer then yeah. He is. But anyone with eyes can see it took the players a few weeks to adjust to Fitz cause they were used to Damien throwing them the ball all offseason. I don't wanna point a finger at either kid. Both are great kids just have different ways of leading. Glad it played out like it did. We got a great qb. But also hoping it works out for Damien.

I disagree. People forget how good Nick looked against South Carolina. The only issue Nick had throwing the ball was not throwing a missle every throw where his receivers could catch it.