PDA

View Full Version : More Delusion from UM 'Journalists'

SailingDawg
12-09-2016, 09:17 PM
This guy (http://olehottytoddy.com/2016/12/09/ole-miss-recruiting-5-reasons-cam-akers-can-win-a-heisman-at-ole-miss/) says Akers will win the Heisman if he comes to UM. Same guy who said UM should drop State from their schedule, right?

My new favorite word: delusion

MetEdDawg
12-09-2016, 09:32 PM
So Shea Patterson had a say in their OC decision and a high school kid they don't officially have signed is being publicly said by the OM media to be able to win college footballs most prestigious award if he goes to that same school? I mean they just can't help themselves.

This is the playbook for how you end up letting kids think they run everything and you end up having a program in complete disarray. And they can't help themselves so they continue to implode further. And we get to sit and watch it all unfold.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Wonder how Pennamon 4* & Eric Swinney 4* feel about this article saying,"The knock has always been a lack of running game in the red zone. Fans have wondered what would happen if we had a true feature back in the backfield."

That being said, the article is a propaganda piece, that, while terribly delusional, I actually wish we did more of.

I've never seen an MSU site or fan write something like this for a guy we are recruiting. Why?

I don't know if article like this matters or helps recruiting, but they do promote the perception that Ole Miss wants to promote.

Why don't we do the same?

Why hasn't Stephen Guidry, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Willie Gay, CJ Avery, McMath, etc gotten an article promoting the perception that MSU wants our school to be seen with?

I'd much rather have some delusional idiots in our fan base than more of the realistic, Stuart Little, pump the brakes type people that we mostly have

Again, the article is dumb, but I wish we had people that made this type of effort to promote MSU

BeardoMSU
12-09-2016, 09:40 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/laura631/Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-13_zpsrlcfeopw.gif

Bothrops
12-09-2016, 10:31 PM
This guy (http://olehottytoddy.com/2016/12/09/ole-miss-recruiting-5-reasons-cam-akers-can-win-a-heisman-at-ole-miss/) says Akers will win the Heisman if he comes to UM. Same guy who said UM should drop State from their schedule, right?

Delusion is the most overused word on here. These people are just plain dumb, not delusional.

DogsofAnarchy
12-10-2016, 08:09 AM
The reason why we don't do this is that PERCEPTION is NOT reality. Let OM have that. They have never been as relevant as they think they are. That has to be hard to live with. I for one don't want it. I do agree we need to promote ourselves better but not with straight out actual nonsense. Cam Akers is a great player but if he goes to OM with what everyone knows is about to happen there, then I have to question his I.Q. or either OM is continuing their "recruiting" ways. Either way it will have its way with them. I for one don't think the NCAA will ever be done with them. This is going to be epic. Just watch.

QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;668323]Wonder how Pennamon 4* & Eric Swinney 4* feel about this article saying,"The knock has always been a lack of running game in the red zone. Fans have wondered what would happen if we had a true feature back in the backfield."

That being said, the article is a propaganda piece, that, while terribly delusional, I actually wish we did more of.

I've never seen an MSU site or fan write something like this for a guy we are recruiting. Why?

I don't know if article like this matters or helps recruiting, but they do promote the perception that Ole Miss wants to promote.

Why hasn't Stephen Guidry, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Willie Gay, CJ Avery, McMath, etc gotten an article promoting the perception that MSU wants our school to be seen with?

I'd much rather have some delusional idiots in our fan base than more of the realistic, Stuart Little, pump the brakes type people that we mostly have

Again, the article is dumb, but I wish we had people that made this type of effort to promote MSU[/QUOTE]

blacklistedbully
12-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Wonder how Pennamon 4* & Eric Swinney 4* feel about this article saying,"The knock has always been a lack of running game in the red zone. Fans have wondered what would happen if we had a true feature back in the backfield."

Again, the article is dumb, but I wish we had people that made this type of effort to promote MSU

"Let's be more like Ole Miss!"

Are you freakin' kidding me?

ILOATHEBears
12-10-2016, 09:46 AM
"Let's be more like Ole Miss!"

Are you freakin' kidding me?

This is just another example of the OM media being ALL IN with the narrative. They will make sure Akers sees the article to help pump their agenda. They don't care about the 2 other rbs cause they are already in campus. At this point all they want is to land a 5* and get positive national press to hide the mass exodus of coaches in the next 4 weeks

gravedigger
12-10-2016, 10:09 AM
The reason why we don't do this is that PERCEPTION is NOT reality. Let OM have that. They have never been as relevant as they think they are. That has to be hard to live with. I for one don't want it. I do agree we need to promote ourselves better but not with straight out actual nonsense. Cam Akers is a great player but if he goes to OM with what everyone knows is about to happen there, then I have to question his I.Q. or either OM is continuing their "recruiting" ways. Either way it will have its way with them. I for one don't think the NCAA will ever be done with them. This is going to be epic. Just watch

You just restored my faith in humanity

BeastMan
12-10-2016, 10:12 AM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/laura631/Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-13_zpsrlcfeopw.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU

Jarius
12-10-2016, 11:27 AM
If I were up there I running whatever site he writes for, people that detached from reality would have to go. I mean this guy has proven over and over again that he is just really not very smart. There comes a point to where you don't want certain people's support because they are so stupid that they make your fan base look terrible. There are a lot of them in Oxford, and this guy is one of the worst.

BeastMan
12-10-2016, 11:45 AM
If I were up there I running whatever site he writes for, people that detached from reality would have to go. I mean this guy has proven over and over again that he is just really not very smart. There comes a point to where you don't want certain people's support because they are so stupid that they make your fan base look terrible. There are a lot of them in Oxford, and this guy is one of the worst.

Fan blog. Anybody can write for a fan blog.

Jarius
12-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Fan blog. Anybody can write for a fan blog.

Well, I would put some limitations on it if possible. That's just insane.

Percho
12-10-2016, 12:18 PM
The reason why we don't do this is that PERCEPTION is NOT reality. Let OM have that. They have never been as relevant as they think they are. That has to be hard to live with. I for one don't want it. I do agree we need to promote ourselves better but not with straight out actual nonsense. Cam Akers is a great player but if he goes to OM with what everyone knows is about to happen there, then I have to question his I.Q. or either OM is continuing their "recruiting" ways. Either way it will have its way with them. I for one don't think the NCAA will ever be done with them. This is going to be epic. Just watch.

QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;668323]Wonder how Pennamon 4* & Eric Swinney 4* feel about this article saying,"The knock has always been a lack of running game in the red zone. Fans have wondered what would happen if we had a true feature back in the backfield."

Again, the article is dumb, but I wish we had people that made this type of effort to promote MSU[/QUOTE]

OR

They have never been as relevant as we think they are.

archdog
12-10-2016, 12:38 PM

He has a chance to win the Heisman wherever he goes. MSU or Jackson State.

TheRef
12-10-2016, 12:55 PM
The best part is they made fun of my article outlining that, statistically, if you put Jalen Hurts in the Heisman conversation next season, you should do the same with Fitzgerald. They were saying I was insane for suggesting it. Meanwhile, they're basically starting a campaign for someone who isn't even committed to their school. Made me laugh.

the59dawg
12-10-2016, 12:56 PM

I believe we have our share of those idiots on this and other MSU message boards!