PDA

View Full Version : Does the SEC vote Ole Miss out?

Dawgology
12-09-2016, 09:23 AM
So what I'm hearing is major sanctions coming for the Ole Miss football program. This coupled with their other programs that have received sanction and their very hit and miss success in basketball and baseball will the SEC pull the plug on them?

Honestly, MSU provides the most national exposure of the Misssissippi schools right now for th SEC...especially with Mullen and Dak connection and what appears to be the rise of Fitzgerald. Ole Miss will be a pariah for the SEC when the sanctions come down and then it will hit the SEC financially as that program details for the.m next decade.

The SEC could send a strong message by dropping them (regarding cheating) and could make some room to expand to a larger base. Maybe pick up Georgia Tech or one of the North Carolina schools. Ole Miss would do well in the AAC and that would set up a great rival for them in Memphis.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2016, 09:24 AM
nm

thf24
12-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Can't expel a charter member according to conference policy. However, if they got a multi-year death penalty (not going to happen, at least not this time around), I don't see how the SEC could not break their own rules and expel them. Multi-year scheduling nightmare in addition to the black eye on the conference it would be.

JoseBrown
12-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Nope. But it wouldn't bother me one bit if it could happen...

RC3
I thought you could be expelled with a unanimous vote. Will never happen though

Dawgface
Come on. Not happening.

ShotgunDawg
I wouldn't OM expelled because I wouldn't want that precedent set.

I'm not sure where MSU would fall in the pecking order to get expelled following OM, but it's a lot closer than Alabama

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 09:37 AM
So what I'm hearing is major sanctions coming for the Ole Miss football program. This coupled with their other programs that have received sanction and their very hit and miss success in basketball and baseball will the SEC pull the plug on them?

Honestly, MSU provides the most national exposure of the Misssissippi schools right now for th SEC...especially with Mullen and Dak connection and what appears to be the rise of Fitzgerald. Ole Miss will be a pariah for the SEC when the sanctions come down and then it will hit the SEC financially as that program details for the.m next decade.

The SEC could send a strong message by dropping them (regarding cheating) and could make some room to expand to a larger base. Maybe pick up Georgia Tech or one of the North Carolina schools. Ole Miss would do well in the AAC and that would set up a great rival for them in Memphis.

Heck no

Reason2succeed
12-09-2016, 09:37 AM
That would be glorious but it would take a huge legal battle and an act of God. But then again OM is also a bad look with their racist emblems.

I think the SEC would fill the spot by once again trying to footprint. An Oklahoma school or two, Norte Dame, Virginia Tech, a North Carolina school, etc.

Jack Lambert
12-09-2016, 09:41 AM
We are stuck with them just like a family is stuck with a convict brother. You don't mention his name during the Holidays but he is still your brother.

But on the other hand they might end up in the Big 12 and cheat their way to a championship.

Liverpooldawg
12-09-2016, 09:42 AM
I shouldn't and won't be done.

Quaoarsking
12-09-2016, 09:44 AM
If they get the death penalty (unlikely), yes. Otherwise no.

Reason2succeed
12-09-2016, 10:03 AM
It's more likely that their delusional fan base pushes them to declare their independence from the SEC when they feel like they got screwed by the conference when they don't get the support AU got in the NCAA probe.

TrapGame
12-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Nope, they will be the homecoming came for Jacksonville State and Troy in 2 or 3 years. They will be dead last in the SEC West for at least five years. We keep them and mock them.

BulldogBear
12-09-2016, 10:14 AM
It's more likely that their delusional fan base pushes them to declare their independence from the SEC when they feel like they got screwed by the conference when they don't get the support AU got in the NCAA probe.

They can be the BYU of the South. All their new recruits will have to go to Haiti for two years first though.****

Reason2succeed
12-09-2016, 10:18 AM
The can have all the rebel flags and regalia they want.
They won't have to bide by archaic SEC rules that keep them down.
They can claim superiority over all of them who "need" a conference.
They can be a national brand and not just regional.
ESPN would probably give them their own network.

Political Hack
12-09-2016, 10:30 AM
I thought you could be expelled with a unanimous vote. Will never happen though

Unanimous vote would have to include Ole Miss's vote too, wouldn't it?

But, there is a way it can happen.

1) I'd pass new rules about revenue sharing to start with. Probationary bowl band mean you don't get anything. None from TV, none from the bowls, and no other revenue sharing agreements. You're getting no money from us anymore.

2) Then I'd vote on a new rule that no school with a team in death penalty status shall be allowed to vote at the annual meetings.

3) then, at the annual meeting, I'd call a vote to kick ole miss out of the SEC and make sure the 13 members are on board. 13-0. It's unanimous.

1bigdawg
12-09-2016, 10:35 AM
I think the rules say two thirds rule, so it would take ten votes. In the very unlikely event that they get the death penalty, I believe it is possible.

Bothrops
12-09-2016, 10:57 AM
They could always play cowboys and Indians and run their asses out of town and have the government seize control of the campus. This way they could use it to study garden hose maintenance, and walrus anus transplants for humans.

Liverpooldawg
12-09-2016, 11:04 AM

Surely they aren't THAT stupid. :rolleyes:

TUSK
12-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Yall better hope not....

And that goes double for dropping an "OM" and picking up an "Oklahoma"....

JoseBrown
12-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Nope, they will be the homecoming came for Jacksonville State and Troy in 2 or 3 years. They will be dead last in the SEC West for at least five years. We keep them and mock them.

Haha!! How will the preseason West rankings be effected?? Will we be moved from the bottom in the preseason now??

TrapGame
12-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Haha!! How will the preseason West rankings be effected?? Will we be moved from the bottom in the preseason now??

We'll always be next to last.**

RocketDawg
12-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Nah. Leave 'em in.

If they were kicked out we'd have to find another P5 opponent (and so would the rest of the west) and it's not that easy the way it is. **

Besides, wouldn't want to add Ga Tech or Tulane since they've already had their chance and opted out because they couldn't win.

RocketDawg
12-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Haha!! How will the preseason West rankings be effected [sic]?? Will we be moved from the bottom in the preseason now??

Probably not. We hold the rest of the West up pretty well anyway, and there's only one way to go from there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Ridiculous and I think this should make Ari's list.

Dawgology
12-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Ridiculous and I think this should make Ari's list.

I should make a list because I started a thread about getting our rivals kicked out of the SEC. ok. If harassing and despising Tsun gets me on the list then sign me the hell up. I'm going to start all kinds of crap about them because that's exactly what they would do and have done to us in the past. **** Ole Miss.

gravedigger
12-09-2016, 12:48 PM

Charter members cannot be voted out unless they vote themselves. Has to be unanimous.

Time to stop this fantasy

Bubb Rubb
12-09-2016, 01:22 PM

Ole Miss needs the SEC a helluva lot more than the SEC needs Ole Miss.

msbulldog
12-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Surely they aren't THAT stupid. :rolleyes:

Well watching how they have handled this investigation, I would have to say their pretty stupid.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2016, 02:34 PM
yes you should. It is a ridiculous thought that will NEVER happen.

1bigdawg
12-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Charter members cannot be voted out unless they vote themselves. Has to be unanimous.

Source?

anubus
12-09-2016, 03:39 PM
I say let em stay it'll be fun kicking their asses for the next 10 years.Besides Kentucky,Vandy,and South Carolina needs a homecoming win every year and Ole Siss will soon provide it

Political Hack
12-09-2016, 04:57 PM
yes you should. It is a ridiculous thought that will NEVER happen.

SEC commish tell you something different than what he said at SEC media days?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Are you saying making a prediction that it's going to happen?

BB30
12-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Eh, probably going to enjoy kicking their teeth in for the next 10 years. If they don't find some way to beat us next year it could be quite a while before they have an opportunity to again.

dawgoneyall
12-09-2016, 06:13 PM
I say let em stay it'll be fun kicking their asses for the next 10 years.Besides Kentucky,Vandy,and South Carolina needs a homecoming win every year and Ole Siss will soon provide it

Vandy said "tell me something new".