PDA

View Full Version : Again, OM Bows Down To Their True God

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Lord Recruiting.

I'm hearing,(from Reb Fans) a certain recruit didn't trust a certain play caller to feature him. (Which is funny considering that, at heart, that coach is an I formation power trap disciple) and that he didn't make the best impression on the recruiting trail with others. Screw coaching ability, it's all about recruiting.

They are hiring strictly to get a couple of recruits, albeit 1 very very good one. The inmates continue to run the asylum.

They are desperate for something good. They know that recruits and stars salve all Rebel fan's wounds.

msstate7
12-09-2016, 08:21 AM
They will downgrade at OC and DC unless they hit the lottery on a young coach stupid enough to board the titanic

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Lord Recruiting.

I'm hearing a certain recruit didn't trust a certain play caller to feature him. (Which is funny considering that, at heart, that coach is an I formation power trap disciple) and that he didn't make the best impression on the recruiting trail with others. Screw coaching ability, it's all about recruiting.

They are hiring strictly to get a couple of recruits, albeit 1 very very good one. The inmates continue to run the asylum.

They are desperate for something good. They know that recruits and stars salve all Rebel fan's wounds.

If true, I don't think this recruit pans out.

Can you imagine Mullen having to teach that guy to pass block?

Seriously, recruits like this don't pan out.

Not a winning formula

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 08:27 AM

Not a winning formula

He and any other coach, would feature him. I think that is a Reb fan talking point. But I do believe there may be some personality conflicts because Werner isn't the ass kissing type. Reb recruits are used to much ass kissing

msstate7
12-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Delete

RougeDawg
12-09-2016, 08:34 AM
He bette hope he can shed a few blocks behind the LOS each play because OM will be his only Pay day if he fails to.

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Again, I don't think Akers cares who calls plays. Think that is just Reb fan talking.

I think most are missing the gist of this thread. Ole Miss is doing this to get the recruits. I don't think they have been given an ultimatum from players. Hugh believes he can call the game, he needs another recruiter and Werner ain't it. And screw if the DC knows what he is doing, as long as he can recruit.

msstate7
12-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Delete

msstate7
12-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Again, I don't think Akers cares who calls plays. Think that is just Reb fan talking.
You're right. I deleted my original comment. Would you edit out my statement?

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 08:43 AM
You're right. I deleted my original comment. Would you edit out my statement?

Done

JoseBrown
12-09-2016, 08:56 AM

Not a winning formula

Who was QB that Malzahn rode into the college level with at Ark?

How did that turn out?

Akers is a badass, but I'm not sure that plan they're trying to sale would work out like they are imagining either...not that I'm buying it.

msudawglb
12-09-2016, 09:00 AM
I think they fired the OC and let the D.C. "Retire" to minimize the PR damage. Then when they hire the new OC and DC, they will replace position coaches with their own guys. That will let OM save face instead of firing everyone. That's the hope of OM...that Freeze won't get a shoe cause.

Coursesuper
12-09-2016, 09:06 AM
My question is, who do they think is going to take those jobs? The entire coaching community has to know what's been going on there and what is currently going on there and what the likely outcome is. Who would jump into that mess?

GreenheadDawg
12-09-2016, 09:11 AM

I think most are missing the gist of this thread. Ole Miss is doing this to get the recruits. I don't think they have been given an ultimatum from players. Hugh believes he can call the game, he needs another recruiter and Werner ain't it. And screw if the DC knows what he is doing, as long as he can recruit.

They are a crazy, crazy bunch. While I don't believe this is true and it's merely a story line to make them better, I don't think any school or coach would fire an OC just because one RB doesn't like his play calling. If it is true, they are dumber than I thought and like someone else said, these types of recruits rarely pan out especially at OM. Kimdickie and paidwell are killing it in the league!

msstate7
12-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Done

Thanks

BB30
12-09-2016, 09:14 AM
My question is, who do they think is going to take those jobs? The entire coaching community has to know what's been going on there and what is currently going on there and what the likely outcome is. Who would jump into that mess?

This is what I am wondering as well... Unless some young coach thinks that.. hey, if I get on this sinking ship and Freeze gets show cause I may get chance to land an SEC head job.

MetEdDawg
12-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Who was QB that Malzahn rode into the college level with at Ark?

How did that turn out?

Akers is a badass, but I'm not sure that plan they're trying to sale would work out like they are imagining either...not that I'm buying it.

Kiehl Frazier. 5 star supposed badass out of Little Rock. And he was terrible. In the end the majority of these things don't work out because you give these kids something they have never had before. Either money, power, or influence. And because they don't know how to handle it, it changes them. So they bust.

Original48
12-09-2016, 10:01 AM

thf24
12-09-2016, 10:02 AM
This is what I am wondering as well... Unless some young coach thinks that.. hey, if I get on this sinking ship and Freeze gets show cause I may get chance to land an SEC head job.

Problem with that is all said young coaches need to do is look back at OM's recent head coach history to know that they aren't getting more than two bad years, maybe just one, probation or not. If I'm an up and comer, I stay the hell away from that dumpster fire in any and all capacities.

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Kiehl Frazier. 5 star supposed badass out of Little Rock. And he was terrible. In the end the majority of these things don't work out because you give these kids something they have never had before. Either money, power, or influence. And because they don't know how to handle it, it changes them. So they bust.

Mustain, he was his HC coach

1bigdawg
12-09-2016, 10:40 AM
It actually makes a little (deluded) sense. They lost their group of number 1 recruits to the draft and they went from beating Alabama and contending to 5-7. So they think coaching is not important and all they need to do is get recruits, so they get the coaches who bring the recruits. They know** that will bring them their championship.

BeardoMSU
12-09-2016, 10:50 AM
It actually makes a little (deluded) sense. They lost their group of number 1 recruits to the draft and they went from beating Alabama and contending to 5-7. So they think coaching is not important and all they need to do is get recruits, so they get the coaches who bring the recruits. They know** that will bring them their championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4db7r6kXi4

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2016, 10:54 AM
You would think after hauling in the famed 2013 class and nothing really to show for it that he would learn the lesson that coaching x's and o's and player development does in fact matter.

Percho
12-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Akers should sign with the U of M...........................emphis.

edit to add, if not the Dogs.