PDA

View Full Version : Targets

preachermatt83
12-09-2016, 12:06 AM
On a scale of 1-10 what is the likilood each of you guys think on our chance of signing each of these kids..

Gay-
Avery-
Rivers-
Martin-
Guidry-
Hayes-
Bateman-
Fields-
Cooper-
Mcmath-
Nixon-
Winters-
Ellis-

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 12:23 AM
My 5th grade recruiting education. Just a guess by collective evidence

On a scale of 1-10 what is the likilood each of you guys think on our chance of signing each of these kids..

Gay- 80%
Avery- 60%
Rivers- 45%
Martin- 39.99%
Guidry- 55%. Still a long way to go with him & other schools will turn up pressure once they miss out on other guys
Hayes- Don't know
Bateman- Don't know
Fields- Don't know
Cooper- Don't know
Mcmath- 35%
Nixon- 2%
Winters- 30%
Ellis- Don't know
Edwards-Helaire - 49.999% Cam Akers going to LSU would increase this to 60%
Cole - 70%

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2016, 12:36 AM
My 5th grade recruiting education. Just a guess by collective evidence

We got a CB for Guidry yesterday I think. It was from a Bama guy so who knows.

Gay-85
Avery-75
Rivers-45
Martin-15
Guidry-60
Hayes-50
Bateman-50
Fields-50
Cooper-50
Mcmath-10
Nixon-10
Winters-25
Ellis-25

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 12:41 AM
We got a CB for Guidry yesterday I think. It was from a Bama guy so who knows

That's fine, but he doesn't sign till February.

We are in a good spot right now, but we've got to realize that teams will miss out on other recruits between now & February & put the full court press on him.

If Guidry were signing on Wednesday, I'd feel great about us getting him, but since he's not signing till February, there will be more variables involved. I just see Guidry & my first thought is Jonathan Rumph, Tee Shepard, etc

louisvilledawg
12-09-2016, 09:31 AM
When you say "Guidry", are you talking about Landon?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-09-2016, 09:32 AM
When you say "Guidry", are you talking about Landon?

http://247sports.com/player/stephen-guidry-43822

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2016, 09:36 AM

Gay- 90%
Avery- 70%
Rivers- 40%
Martin- 15%
Guidry- 70%
Hayes- 60%
Bateman- 40%
Fields- 20%
Cooper- I assume this is Josh. Doesn't matter he's not qualifying
Mcmath- 45%
Nixon-0%
Winters- 0%
Ellis-Is this George or Noah? George 60% Noah 35%

As of today

louisvilledawg
12-09-2016, 09:37 AM
http://247sports.com/player/stephen-guidry-43822

There we go. Much appreciated.

bulldog2488
12-09-2016, 09:42 AM
As of today

Is there still a chance we get Wigley even though he committed to Colorado?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2016, 09:54 AM

I don't see it. We're still talking to him but we played our hand all wrong on that 1.

Ari Gold
12-09-2016, 09:55 AM

Yes. But doubtful.

msstate7
12-09-2016, 09:58 AM
I don't see it. We're still talking to him but we played our hand all wrong on that 1.

I'm usually pretty chill over who we do or don't get, but the wigley deal is frustrating.... We need a juco CB. We have a guy (wigley) that wants to be here. We slow play him overa guy you just said we have 0% shot at getting

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm usually pretty chill over who we do or don't get, but the wigley deal is frustrating.... We need a juco CB. We have a guy (wigley) that wants to be here. We slow play him overa guy you just said we have 0% shot at getting

Agree. Josh Dobbs 2.0

Irondawg
12-09-2016, 10:05 AM
With Wigley it's tough to say - do we really NEED a JUCO CB? You'll have Graham, durr, cleveland and Jiles back and some of the RS freshman are supposedly very good. The coaching staff had to determine if Wigley was better than any of those guys. I think they thought Nixon probably was and wanted to see if we had a chance there

HoopsDawg
12-09-2016, 10:05 AM

Yep, that was bad. Anyone with common sense and a premium subscription could tell we were a long shot on Nixon.

bulldog2488
12-09-2016, 10:06 AM

I agree. This one is a bit frustrating. I know they wanted Nixon over him, but Wigley is still pretty solid and would bring in some needed help at that position.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2016, 10:14 AM

I'm sort of on the fence on this 1. I understand we wanted a Juco CB but I just was never a fan of Wigley. I didn't think he would be an impact guy (watch he go to Colorado & win the Thorpe now). I thought Nixon was a NFL guy so I understand going all in on him but when he started to blow up we should've took Wigley & made adjustments if you land Nixon. Wigley also has 3 to play 3 so he's not a typical Juco. I'm not upset losing the player I'm more frustrated with the way it went down in losing the player.

bulldog2488
12-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Well, I guess what bothers me the most is just that we just aren't closing on guys sometimes. I know there has been some effort to improve our recruiting in the last year, but we need some more help. I really wish we could have some shake up on the offensive staff and bring in some people that are good coaches and recruiters.

Ari Gold
12-09-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm sort of on the fence on this 1. I understand we wanted a Juco CB but I just was never a fan of Wigley. I didn't think he would be an impact guy (watch he go to Colorado & win the Thorpe now). I thought Nixon was a NFL guy so I understand going all in on him but when he started to blow up we should've took Wigley & made adjustments if you land Nixon. Wigley also has 3 to play 3 so he's not a typical Juco. I'm not upset losing the player I'm more frustrated with the way it went down in losing the player.

Agree 100%... we do get Cleveland back and from all accounts Dantzler is a SEC Talent at CB

bulldog2488
12-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Agree 100%... we do get Cleveland back and from all accounts Dantzler is a SEC Talent at CB

Speaking of Cleveland being back...has anybody heard if Jiles is likely to receive the medical redshirt?

preachermatt83
12-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Speaking of Cleveland being back...has anybody heard if Jiles is likely to receive the medical redshirt?

Yes. He is coming back.

tireddawg
12-09-2016, 02:13 PM
All of em

NCDawg
12-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Why are we not in on Cam Akers? It seems we always miss out on the top recruits. I remember Marcus Dupree, Buford McGee, Joe Carter, and a lot of top Mississippi athletes that never consider us. We shouldn't be losing out on all the top recruits. If Mullen can't recruit them, we need to find somebody that can.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2016, 02:31 PM
If you type it Cam Akers in the search bar it will take you to numerous threads where this was discussed ad nauseam

bulldawg28
12-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Cleveland is coming off an acl injury I don't expect much from him. Jiles doesn't contest any passes which is useless on the field. We need a long aggressive cornerback with ball skills.