PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances that the Werner / Farrar departures are related?

HSVDawg
12-08-2016, 10:19 PM
One thing I thought of as a possibility was that Freeze assumed Farrar's absence would be temporary, and had Werner filling in for him on the recruiting trail just until Farrar returned. When Freeze was likely informed by Bjork that he no longer was making that decision and Farrar was toast, Freeze has to approach Werner and say, "Hey, look we're in a tight spot, that temporary recruiting role you have needs to be more long term now...at least through signing day". Then Werner, suddenly realizing the world of shit they are in and also not wanting to stay on the road based on his family situation, says "Thanks but no thanks, that wasn't our agreement. I'm out".

To me, it just seems too coincidental that one coach and the off field assistant that was designated to recruit in his place both depart at the same time. One leaving had to somehow lead to the other doing the same (either directly or indirectly).

Chip
12-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Just speculation, but if the rumors are true that Farrar had NCAA issues involving a burner phone, what are the chances that Werner also communicated to said phone as well, even though he wasn't an on-the-road recruiter? Just a thought.

lamont
12-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Its very plausible its NCAA-related on Werner's side. Werner has been out recruiting with Freeze last week and this week. Now suddenly he is fired? It's reported as a firing- not that Werner "retired" and "resigned". You dont take your OC to meet a QB prospect on Monday and then fire him on Wednesday. On top of that- offense hasnt been their problem- its been defense

With their staff telling their site guys and recruits Barney is coming back soon- you have to think this is Bjork pulling the trigger because of the NCAA on both of these guys

lamont
12-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Just speculation, but if the rumors are true that Farrar had NCAA issues involving a burner phone, what are the chances that Werner also communicated to said phone as well, even though he wasn't an on-the-road recruiter? Just a thought.

Barney had alot more issues than just a burner phone

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 10:33 PM
People forget that Werner was originally on Ed Orgeron's staff at Ole Miss. In other words he knows how their system works and likely has been involved in some way for awhile now. I think when Orgeron was fired he didn't even leave the area because he coached at North Delta Academy in Batesville when Nutt was the coach and then Freeze bright him back. Werner was also at Miami which is also not known for being the cleanest program out their either.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 10:36 PM
One thing I thought of as a possibility was that Freeze assumed Farrar's absence would be temporary, and had Werner filling in for him on the recruiting trail just until Farrar returned. When Freeze was likely informed by Bjork that he no longer was making that decision and Farrar was toast, Freeze has to approach Werner and say, "Hey, look we're in a tight spot, that temporary recruiting role you have needs to be more long term now...at least through signing day". Then Werner, suddenly realizing the world of shit they are in and also not wanting to stay on the road based on his family situation, says "Thanks but no thanks, that wasn't our agreement. I'm out".

To me, it just seems too coincidental that one coach and the off field assistant that was designated to recruit in his place both depart at the same time. One leaving had to somehow lead to the other doing the same (either directly or indirectly).

Werner would have resigned if this were the case, not fired.

Here is what I posted earlier today:

The dumbest narrative I've heard today is that Dan Werner was fired because, with Barney Farrar getting fired, Werner would now have to recruit. That due to the NCAA allowing Farrar to take Werner's spot on the recruiting trail, Werner had to be let go once Barney was let go.

Here is the problem with that narrative: why not just hire another Barney Farrar?

Why are Werner & Farrar married at the hip? Couldn't OM just fire Farrar & hire another Farrar?

Or, with Werner getting married, couldn't Werner just start recruiting?

Point is that QB play has been the least of OM's problems & Dan Werner's job performance has been the least of OM's problems.

Matt Wyatt even fell into the trap of this narrative just now on Head to Head, but, unless I'm missing how Werner's job depended on Farrar & Farrar alone, I don't see how the narrative makes sense.

Even if it did make sense, why fire Werner now? Why not wait till after JUCO signing day?

What I think is that Werner is somehow mixed up in the amended NOA & got the axe.

HSVDawg
12-08-2016, 10:37 PM
Its very plausible its NCAA-related on Werner's side. Werner has been out recruiting with Freeze last week and this week. Now suddenly he is fired? It's reported as a firing- not that Werner "retired" and "resigned". You dont take your OC to meet a QB prospect on Monday and then fire him on Wednesday. On top of that- offense hasnt been their problem- its been defense

With their staff telling their site guys and recruits Barney is coming back soon- you have to think this is Bjork pulling the trigger because of the NCAA on both of these guys

Yeah, that seems possible. Werner just never struck me as one of the real sleazy guys on that staff. Seemed to keep a low profile. Not to mention that he was nowhere in the first NOA. Kiffin, Harris, and Farrar....different story. One thing is for sure, it had to be either related to the NCAA case or there was a very sudden falling out with Freeze (or both). There is no other reason to wait 10 days after your last game to fire your OC, especially considering that it is the height of recruiting season.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 10:38 PM

THIS

If Freeze was in control of this firing, he would've done it after JUCO signing day/ dead period at the earliest. The timing makes no sense

Harrydawg
12-08-2016, 10:39 PM
It will be telling when LSU doesn't hire Werner. He is tainted and O can't go near Werner. Does this make Werner a Marter?

Poor Werner, all he did was use Barney's cell phone while on the recruiting trail.......

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Yeah, that seems possible. Werner just never struck me as one of the real sleazy guys on that staff. Seemed to keep a low profile. Not to mention that he was nowhere in the first NOA. Kiffin, Harris, and Farrar....different story. One thing is for sure, it had to be either related to the NCAA case or there was a very sudden falling out with Freeze (or both). There is no other reason to wait 10 days after your last game to fire your OC, especially considering that it is the height of recruiting season.

Who calls the plays for Ole Miss on offense? Freeze or Werner? Werner wasn't a HUNH guy before Freeze at least at other jobs.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 10:40 PM

Farrar wasn't in the 1st NOA either, so we don't know what or if Werner did anything yet. Barney's name was never mentioned till draft night.

I think Farrar & Werner's names are in the 2nd NOA & I wouldn't be shocked if they received it recently

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 10:41 PM

That point is where all of their spinning breaks down. He was even on the road with Freeze recruiting. Why now? Speculation about who and how many were getting fired and show causes have had multiple guys listed for months. Why now right before JUCO signing period and not right after the EB? Has new information come to light or the 2nd/amended NOA been seen?

HSVDawg
12-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Who calls the plays for Ole Miss on offense? Freeze or Werner? Werner wasn't a HUNH guy before Freeze at least at other jobs.

I can't answer that. You go over to any of the OM boards, and occasionally you'll see them arguing about that very thing. Seems they don't know how much is Freeze and how much is Werner either.

dawgoneyall
12-08-2016, 11:08 PM
110%

Perpetual Underachiever
12-08-2016, 11:45 PM
110%

Agreed. They are absolutely related to each other, and the pending investigation. The timing of the firings is the biggest red flag IMO. Yes, we all knew Barney was a dead man walking, but firing Werner came out of nowhere. Anyone claiming to have seen this coming, or that shit canning Werner has been in the works for weeks/months, has clearly been heavily drinking Bjork's koolaid. Their attempts to spin this by saying that it's a good move for the program, and that it's unrelated to the investigation, fail to address or explain the timing. Under normal circumstances a program would make this move within 48 hours after the season end, or at least wait until after signing day. Something forced them to make this move, and to do it immediately. Second NOA arrived, new info came to light, etc. The length of time it takes to hire a replacement, and the quality of the candidate they hire will make this clear.

Please give me a logical argument as to why firing was a strictly 'football' decision, why today was the day to do it, and why the two are unrelated to each other or the investigation... I'll wait. In the meantime, someone needs to file a FOIA request for Bjork, Freezus, Barney, and Werner's emails...this would make for some quality reading.

SailingDawg
12-09-2016, 08:18 AM
OT: Can any of their staff actually coach? Or are they all there to recruit and hope the talent falls into place (which it hasn't, obviously)!?