PDA

View Full Version : The Mississippi DC/ OC News Thread

PassInterference
12-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Let's step back a bit.

In the last several days, the OM camp was putting out the message that Barney was going to be recruiting again. Instead, Barney got fired. Do you see what that means? It means Ole Miss coaches are no longer calling the shots. Its the coaches that are in touch with the recruiting sites. They thought Barney was coming back, and they told the websites that. They were wrong because they aren't in charge and they aren't calling the shots.

Ross Bjork is calling the shots now. Or at least somebody over Freeze on the org chart is calling the shots.

There are also rumors that OM is after Charlie Strong for DC. That's preposterous.

Or is it?

What if Strong is going to be the OM's next DC because he's also got a deal to be the head coach in waiting? Winner, winner chicken dinner. That Freeze is clearly not in control says he is most likely getting fired. Don't forget the NCAA has placed him with boosters in recruits houses, which is practically nuclear. In that light, it makes total sense that Charlie Strong comes in to be the DC with a deal that he'll be the next head coach.

So there you have it. Expect Strong to be the next DC. DO NOT expect any announcement about him being head coach. That's between Strong and Bjork. But ITS COMING and when it does, Strong slides into the HC spot.

Smart move from Bjork. Strong gets a pass throughout the sanctions ordeal. They don't even have to worry about finding the perfect OC because it won't matter until they can get through sanctions. They'll have plenty of time to find a OC and get him hired when the light at the end of the tunnel becomes more clear. Until then, any stand-in OC will do.

So how about Strong being HC at Ole Miss? I'm good with that. I the spread era, defensive head coaches aren't exactly tearing it up. Saban is Saban, OK. But in the spread era its about offense, not defense.

PS: There have been flights between Austin and Oxford.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Strong is going to be the next HC at USF. Enjoyable story though.

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Strong is going to be the next HC at USF. Enjoyable story though.

Yep. Reportedly in negotiations earlier this evening. But I hear Tubberville is available for HC duties

CadaverDawg
I like the way you're mind is working, but I'm not buying it. Nobody signs up to coach through multiple probation years

Turfdawg67
Wow! Gimme some of that you're smokin' bro...

Spiderman
12-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Yep. Reportedly in negotiations earlier this evening. But I hear Tubberville is available for HC duties

I hope they beg for the return of Ten Year Tommy

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 10:00 PM
PassInterference...You are now On The List..!!!!

PassInterference
12-08-2016, 10:02 PM
What do I win?

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 10:02 PM
I hope they beg for the return of Ten Year Tommy

It would be absolutely priceless

BiscuitEater
12-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Let's step back a bit.

What if Strong is going to be the OM's next DC because he's also got a deal to be the head coach in waiting? Winner, winner chicken dinner.

So there you have it. Expect Strong to be the next DC. DO NOT expect any announcement about him being head coach. That's between Strong and Bjork. But ITS COMING and when it does, Strong slides into the HC spot.

Have had several folks tell me that Strong will NEVER coach at OM agan .. EVER. He spent ONE year there as a WR coach and the 'good' folks of Oxford let him and his wife know that they were NOT happy with them.

Turfdawg67
12-08-2016, 10:06 PM
(See below)

Turfdawg67
12-08-2016, 10:08 PM
PassInterference...You are now On The List..!!!!

With less then 150 posts, can anyone take your award seriously?? Can anyone vouch that you're not a bear?

TrapGame
12-08-2016, 10:09 PM

He left his pine box in Oxford anyway.

Bodaski
12-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Let's step back a bit.

In the last several days, the OM camp was putting out the message that Barney was going to be recruiting again. Instead, Barney got fired. Do you see what that means? It means Ole Miss coaches are no longer calling the shots. Its the coaches that are in touch with the recruiting sites. They thought Barney was coming back, and they told the websites that. They were wrong because they aren't in charge and they aren't calling the shots.

Ross Bjork is calling the shots now. Or at least somebody over Freeze on the org chart is calling the shots.

There are also rumors that OM is after Charlie Strong for DC. That's preposterous.

Or is it?

What if Strong is going to be the OM's next DC because he's also got a deal to be the head coach in waiting? Winner, winner chicken dinner. That Freeze is clearly not in control says he is most likely getting fired. Don't forget the NCAA has placed him with boosters in recruits houses, which is practically nuclear. In that light, it makes total sense that Charlie Strong comes in to be the DC with a deal that he'll be the next head coach.

Smart move from Bjork. Strong gets a pass throughout the sanctions ordeal. They don't even have to worry about finding the perfect OC because it won't matter until they can get through sanctions. They'll have plenty of time to find a OC and get him hired when the light at the end of the tunnel becomes more clear. Until then, any stand-in OC will do.

So how about Strong being HC at Ole Miss? I'm good with that. I the spread era, defensive head coaches aren't exactly tearing it up. Saban is Saban, OK. But in the spread era its about offense, not defense.

I read where Texas owes Strong $10 mil. If he coaches he'll lose that buy out. Your story sounded good, but it's directly related to tsun lies. Strong fired one of his own coaches because of his involvement in the OM investigation. Why in the world would Strong give up $10 mil to coach at a place that the NCAA is fixing to torch? Just don't see this happening.

PassInterference
12-08-2016, 10:20 PM
I read where Texas owes Strong $10 mil. If he coaches he'll lose that buy out. Your story sounded good, but it's directly related to tsun lies. Strong fired one of his own coaches because of his involvement in the OM investigation. Why in the world would Strong give up $10 mil to coach at a place that the NCAA is fixing to torch? Just don't see this happening.

No matter what happens, Strong gets his money from Texas. If he takes a lesser paying job, Texas pays him the difference between the new job and his Texas job.

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 10:25 PM

No we won't lose all of that. If Strong lands a new job next season, Texas' buyout would be reduced by as much as half of what Strong is making at the new school. So if he makes $5 MIL the next two year in total, the $10.7 MIL he is owed reduces by $2.5 MIL.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Why would Strong want to be the head coach at Ole Miss where he'all be on massive probation?

Would be a much better move for Strong to go USF, win for 5 or so years, and then move back to a power 5 job of his choice?

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 10:37 PM
No we won't lose all of that. If Strong lands a new job next season, Texas' buyout would be reduced by as much as half of what Strong is making at the new school. So if he makes $5 MIL the next two year in total, the $10.7 MIL he is owed reduces by $2.5 MIL.

Does that apply to head coaching jobs only or DC jobs as well? I know USC was paying Kiffen most of his salary when he was at Bama and I was wondering if it could be similar if Strong took a DC job.

yjnkdawg
12-08-2016, 10:45 PM
With less then 150 posts, can anyone take your award seriously?? Can anyone vouch that you're not a bear?

Ari has has contributed good information on this board, and why do people get hung up on post counts? Some like to read ED and not post. Is there anything wrong with that? However Ari joined in November, so if you are going on post counts, he has posted a good bit. Also it depends on how people post and what they post, to determine who their allegiance and loyalty is to, and if they are a troll. Nothing wrong with his List either.

BeastMan
12-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Let's step back a bit.

Or is it?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c313/JHorn31G/RicFlair.gif

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Does that apply to head coaching jobs only or DC jobs as well? I know USC was paying Kiffen most of his salary when he was at Bama and I was wondering if it could be similar if Strong took a DC job.

I'm almost positive it didn't matter on the coaching job. If decided to get a job in TV or something, then I don't know if that would apply.

yjnkdawg
12-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Strong fired a former OM Assistant Coach because he apparentlly made a few mistakes while he was coaching at OM, and then Strong jumps into the dumpster fire at OM. I couldn't see Strong wanting to be anywhere around that disaster of a program.

Reason2succeed
12-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Do y'all remember when OM was going to hire Jon Gruden?

PassInterference
12-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Strong was shedding damaged goods when he fired that guy. He was protecting his program. He would pick his own staff at Ole Miss.

Political Hack
12-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Ole Miss would pay him more than USF could. Whether it's strong or not is less relevant than the thought of using that tactic to get their next DC.

Come be DC, help us maintain continuity during recruiting, and when Freeze gets his show cause your the head coach. There's no other play for them. That's the into way they get anyone worth a damn to take their HC spot.

pilldawg
12-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Let's step back a bit.

Or is it?

^^^This but it's McGriff to get CJ Avery**

Turfdawg67
12-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Ok, maybe it's the Tito's talking but why wouldn't TT be a great hire for UNM?? As HC of course... He was the 17er that prevented their last huge probation from being a total catastrophe. I remember those years cause I was attending school at State. We all thought that they were going to be sh*t for the next 3-4 years and his worst record, I believe, was 5-6. Hopefully this probation is 10x that, but TT isn't going anywhere now and UNM is desperate... could they swallow what little pride they have left and hire him? Obviously he knows how to play their "game".

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Ole Miss would pay him more than USF could. Whether it's strong or not is less relevant than the thought of using that tactic to get their next DC.

Come be DC, help us maintain continuity during recruiting, and when Freeze gets his show cause your the head coach. There's no other play for them. That's the into way they get anyone worth a damn to take their HC spot.

What do they tell a new OC? Maybe they can get Gruden and Strong both and then name them Co-HC's. Someone float that over at Nafoom and see how many gobble that tripe up.

Thick
12-08-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm sorry but I just don't see Strong or any sensible name coach taking this job. The addendum is coming either in January/February then OM has 90 days to respond then COI. They, OM, cannot guarantee any coach, much less recruits, anything regarding what's heading their way. NOA1 will look like child's play compared to what's coming folks. I'm not at liberty to share what they have, but let's just say that the lvl 1 violations could increase from 8 to between 10-12. Of course this includes academic fraud in NOA 1. They are going to get pummeled because their current staff has been caught AGAIN!!

Look at their current class, and what's happening. They have not received any punishment yet, and they are already feeling it. This will be a total overhaul of their entire football program and the athletic department as well. No one is safe, and no coach that has a future would jeopardize that on what is about to look like Hiroshima.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry but I just don't see Strong or any sensible name coach taking this job. The addendum is coming either in January/February then OM has 90 days to respond then COI. They, OM, cannot guarantee any coach, much less recruits, anything regarding what's heading their way. NOA1 will look like child's play compared to what's coming folks. I'm not at liberty to share what they have, but let's just say that the lvl 1 violations could increase from 8 to between 10-12. Of course this includes academic fraud in NOA 1. They are going to get pummeled because their current staff has been caught AGAIN!!

Look at their current class, and what's happening. They have not received any punishment yet, and they are already feeling it. This will be a total overhaul of their entire football program and the athletic department as well. No one is safe, and no coach that has a future would jeopardize that on what is about to look like Hiroshima.

So, the new NOA will have 2-4 Level 1s or will the new NOA have 10-12 level 1s?

Just trying to see what you meant by 10-12

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2016, 11:49 PM

Taggert was making $2mil I don't think it's crazy that Strong would get $2.5-3mil. You think OM is going to make Strong by far the highest paid assistant coach in the country? I don't see that.

Thick
12-09-2016, 12:27 AM
So, the new NOA will have 2-4 Level 1s or will the new NOA have 10-12 level 1s?

Just trying to see what you meant by 10-12

From what I've been told that the NCAA has on them now. My guess is that it could increase by 2-4 lvl 1. The addendum will have several new allegations, and they are not Tunsil draft night related. Quite a few past recruits took the immunity and spilled the beans big time. Everybody has blood on their hands!

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 12:31 AM
From what I've been told that the NCAA has on them now. My guess is that it could increase by 2-4 lvl 1. The addendum will have several new allegations, and they are not Tunsil draft night related. Quite a few past recruits took the immunity and spilled the beans big time. Everybody has blood on their hands!

Makes sense.

Would it be correct to say that the level 1s in the 2nd NOA are more egregious & embarrassing than the ones in the first NOA?

Thick
12-09-2016, 12:54 AM
Yes...absolutely!!

starkvegasdawg
12-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Walked up on a conversation at work yesterday between a bear and another MSU fan and said bear still doesn't think the NCAA is going to do much of anything. Considered the firings here of late due to MSU absolutely dismantling the team in the EB much like Croom getting fired after his last EB. Now here is where it gets good. Sit down and get nice and comfy for this and swallow any beverage or food of which you might be partaking before continuing. Done? Good because you have been warned. If they can only get Cam Akers to come to TSUN then they are back ready to contend again. That's right. All they need is Akers to be a contender. After he saw me staring at him like I just witnessed a tree pull its roots up out of the ground and walk off he went to say how he is regarded as a once in a generation player and that all TSUN needs is a RB. They have a QB and WR so they have a lethal passing attack. Just need that RB to make all well again. I then asked him if Akers was going to play defense, too. That got a slight pause before I was told that they have talent on that side of the ball. They just lacked a good scheme and that if they can bring in a good DC then all the defensive problems can be corrected.

So there you have it. TSUN is a RB away from giving bama a run for the west and Akers is going to be that person. We might as well just give up and not even play next season.

Reason2succeed
12-09-2016, 08:17 AM
I don't blame them for trying to sell how a program will excel with a player or group of players. That's what you ought to be doing in recruiting. I would hope we would tell Akers, Hill, or any other player the same thing. What do you have to lose? When they get there you then coach them really hard saying the same thing but adding that they have to work for it. No one is going to give it to them starting with the coaching staff.

I hope that for the next couple years our coaches are telling players that this is the only school in the state that will compete for a championship and they they are the cog that will push us over the hump.

JoseBrown
12-09-2016, 08:45 AM
The problem with them laying it on that deep is that everyday more and more folks are coming back from crazytown and realizing the level of delusion being sold. The Cam Aker Offense with no D and impending NCAA doom with no coaches is simply a formula for failure. I don't see it happening. The inmates have been overtaken up there now, and the adults are taking back control of the asylum. Trying to salvage what little of it they can....

smootness
12-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Akers is not a once-in-a-generation player. The hype there has gone crazy. For MS, he's certainly a once-in-a-while player, but nationally? He's not the best player in the country, and I would bet strongly he won't be the best RB from that class.

RC3
12-09-2016, 09:04 AM
I heard David Johnson or one of their other guys proclaim on the radio that if they land him, their offense will be unstoppable

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Akers is not a once-in-a-generation player. The hype there has gone crazy. For MS, he's certainly a once-in-a-while player, but nationally? He's not the best player in the country, and I would bet strongly he won't be the best RB from that class.

Regardless he's a running back. There's a reason that RBs fall in the NFL draft. As excited as I am about Kylin Hill, I realize that A great RB doesn't win games. Games are won on the line of scrimmage and at QB.

Akers is great, but I just don't think any RB is worth this. Leornard Fournette is better than Akers and LSU still didn't win big.

Liverpooldawg
12-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Akers is good, but almost nobody is THAT good. I've seen him play in person. I'd take him in a heartbeat but I would NOT expect him to make us a contender by himself and I think we have more coming back than they do. WE physically manhandled their defense, let THAT sink in Confederates. Scheme ain't gonna make up for that.

Dawgface
12-09-2016, 09:17 AM
I would be surprised if he doesn't end up with Ohio State, FSU or LSU. IF OM gets him, you know they are still shelling out the dough. And the NCAA will just investigate even further.

BB30
12-09-2016, 09:17 AM

Won't have a chance to be if he attends OM.

BB30
12-09-2016, 09:26 AM
If I was Charlie Strong I'd take my happy A** to the house force UT to pay me that 10 mill since they set me up to fail from the start. Then I would either get a nice job as a CFB commentator/expert(whatever you want to call what all the fired coaches do for a few years) or retire at 56 and find a new hobby. The OM DC job would never even be an option I wouldn't even take Hugh Freeze's phone call or I may answer just laugh and hang up.

lastmajordog
12-09-2016, 09:33 AM
Is Cam better than Darren Mcfadden?? I think one of Nutt’s last Arkansas teams had TWO all american type backs, McFadden and Jones and if memory serves they went 6 and 6. And that was behind a Arkansas off line which was always formidable.

Thick
12-09-2016, 09:50 AM
If I was Charlie Strong I'd take my happy A** to the house force UT to pay me that 10 mill since they set me up to fail from the start. Then I would either get a nice job as a CFB commentator/expert(whatever you want to call what all the fired coaches do for a few years) or retire at 56 and find a new hobby. The OM DC job would never even be an option I wouldn't even take Hugh Freeze's phone call or I may answer just laugh and hang up.

This is exactly what he should do...collect that UT money while maybe doing some ESPN/Fox work. Recharge his batteries, and then get back into the game.

Jack Lambert
12-09-2016, 09:54 AM
I don't think I am going too far out on the limb when I say this but those racist bastards will never ever hire Strong as a head coach. They would shut the program down first.

FISHDAWG
12-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Strong was shedding damaged goods when he fired that guy. He was protecting his program. He would pick his own staff at Ole Miss.

not sure that Ole Mess could manipulate or control Charlie Strong the way they have with others in the past

AusTexDawg
12-09-2016, 10:10 AM
There are too many reasons to count why Charlie Strong wouldn't return to the TSUN; however, while reading the OP, I couldn't help but wonder how many kids Strong would have to run off were he to become the head coach up there. Definitely would be in double digits.

Political Hack
12-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Taggert was making $2mil I don't think it's crazy that Strong would get $2.5-3mil. You think OM is going to make Strong by far the highest paid assistant coach in the country? I don't see that.

No. They wouldn't pay that much, but all that cruitin' money is going to have to go somewhere. They're going to have to ratchet up the coaches salaries to some unheard of numbers of they want to survive this. Getting great coaches is the only way they can improve their current situation. It's the only thing they can sink resources into right now that will help... Well, that and lawyers. It's their only move.

Ari Gold
12-09-2016, 11:27 AM

It's not an award to make the list.. unless you actually are a stupid idiot. And calling me a possible bear troll well guess what..

You just made the list..!!!

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 11:49 AM
It's not an award to make the list.. unless you actually are a stupid idiot. And calling me a possible bear troll well guess what..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H7-51DeTRRQ

Jack Lambert
12-09-2016, 11:50 AM

If being on that list gets you a BJ from Jennifer Aniston put me on it.

smootness
12-09-2016, 11:55 AM
So Strong agrees to come be the DC with a deal in place to take over HC after the program is crippled with sanctions? And Freeze just continues coaching knowing they brought in Strong to take his job? And after crippling sanctions, the HC is given a show cause, and the DC just slides on in?

Yyyyyyyeah...not going to get on board with any of that.

Indndawg
12-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Pine Box..."Lets Get the Hell to Auburn" Tubby would work so perfectly

Dolphus Raymond
12-09-2016, 12:24 PM
is it safe to assume Werner was fired because of NCAA problems? I had half-way expected them to hold a press conference today announcing a new OC hire. Nothing so far. Very strange.

JoseBrown
12-09-2016, 12:26 PM
And the fact that he was out recruiting with Freeze just this week.

WPS
12-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Is Cam better than Darren Mcfadden?? I think one of Nutt?s last Arkansas teams had TWO all american type backs, McFadden and Jones and if memory serves they went 6 and 6. And that was behind a Arkansas off line which was always formidable.

8-5, but yeah the defense and passing game were pretty bad in 2007. It also had Peyton Hillis but the running game wasn't enough to make up for the other areas.

I seen it dawg
12-09-2016, 02:12 PM
They've got to find someone dumb enough to take it first.

rtdawg
12-09-2016, 02:32 PM

I can vouch for him.

RougeDawg
12-09-2016, 04:58 PM

Only human beings that moronic make up their entire klanbase. Wonder if they have anymore alumni high school girls BBall coaches to choose from?

Todd4State
12-09-2016, 05:12 PM

Bobby Hall?**

Ari Gold
12-09-2016, 05:25 PM
If y'all want to see the ultimate meltdown.
Let them name Joe Craddock the new OC.

Who is Joe Craddock. Exactly

msbulldog
12-09-2016, 05:36 PM

SMU OC.

lamont
12-09-2016, 05:42 PM

will be someone from a lower level. Zero chance they get a P5 coordinator as DC or OC

lamont
12-09-2016, 05:42 PM
SMU OC.

and he is best case scenario

Jarius
12-09-2016, 05:43 PM
They are hiring the Sam Houston State OC Phil Longo.

blacklistedbully
12-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Thinks they could get Lane to come to UNM instead of LSU or lower-level HC, and get Lane & Chris' dad, Monte to leave his NFL DC job at Jacksonville so they could join Chris in Oxford.

Thinks Lane would appreciate the opportunity to work with, "the #1 dual-threat QB in the country" to enhance his resume. Thinks they have an easier path next year to an NC than LSU due to schedule.

No...not kidding.

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 05:47 PM

Hey, Joe is legal to drink now and has 2 years OC experience.***

msstate7
12-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Had to be someone trolling

blacklistedbully
12-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Had to be someone trolling

Nope. He was debating Paul on why it would make sense.

BrunswickDawg
12-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Thinks they could get Lane to come to UNM instead of LSU or lower-level HC, and get Lane & Chris' dad, Monte to leave his NFL DC job at Jacksonville so they could join Chris in Oxford.

Thinks Lane would appreciate the opportunity to work with, "the #1 dual-threat QB in the country" to enhance his resume. Thinks they have an easier path next year to an NC than LSU due to schedule.

No...not kidding.

What the hell is in that top secret dope they grow up there??

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2016, 05:55 PM

That's the name I've heard too.

Todd4State
12-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Please hire Monte Kiffen Ole Miss.

Dawgbite
12-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Just saw that too. Laying on the couch trying to sweat out a cold and thought it might have been the drugs!

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Yep. A "Leach" type air raid system from an FCS school. That may actually be the best they could possible do. But douche UNM lurkers, you are having to go FCS because the program is toxic

JoseBrown
12-09-2016, 06:01 PM
I hope they spend everyday till NSD trying to make that happen. That. Would. Be. Glorious. !!!

lamont
12-09-2016, 06:04 PM

and there you go

Jarius
12-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Cam Akers should love the air raid. Fits him perfectly! **

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 06:22 PM

But they said they consulted Cam and Sha-nae-nae before firing and picking the new OC. Who has been lined up since the firing but still hasn't been announced.

Yeah it's a perfect fit***

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 06:58 PM
I heard David Johnson or one of their other guys proclaim on the radio that if they land him, their offense will be unstoppable

It would be very, very good.

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 07:07 PM

Longo is damn good. Hope he considers what he might be getting into.

Spiderman
12-09-2016, 07:08 PM

Longo runs it a lot

Jarius
12-09-2016, 07:13 PM
He better be good. He's going to be coaching a bunch of walk ons in a few years.

Jarius
12-09-2016, 07:20 PM
If you guys want to watch him his offense is on tv right now. So far his offense has gone 3 and out and turned it over.

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Longo runs it a lot

He ended throwing it more this year 54-55%, last year he ran it a lot but they also ran over 1200 plays. He won't do that in the SEC. He is actually sharp, just a big jump from FCS.

msstate7
12-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Would freeze let him call plays?

I seen it dawg
12-09-2016, 07:38 PM
An FCS OC? Sorry but there are a few stops that need to be made before landing at a top 5 program as OC.

msstate7
12-09-2016, 07:43 PM
An FCS OC? Sorry but there are a few stops that need to be made before landing at a top 5 program as OC.

I'm assuming you mean a power 5 program. Surely you don't mean OM is a top 5 program haha

Ari Gold
12-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Maybe they should hire the James Madison DC since he is pitching a shutout against this amazing OC from Sam ..

GreenheadDawg
12-09-2016, 07:47 PM
It would be very, very good.

Yeh I bet they win the World Series with that home run hire. Best coordinator I've seen since Joe Montana

I seen it dawg
12-09-2016, 07:47 PM
I'm assuming you mean a power 5 program. Surely you don't mean OM is a top 5 program haha

**** those shitbirds.

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Yeh I bet they win the World Series with that home run hire. Best coordinator I've seen since Joe Montana

I said Joe Montania

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpj73xhGvmM

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Pretty hilarious to see some Ole Miss boards melting right now about this hire due to SHS getting whipped on ESPN2 right now

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Dang. The karma and NCAA investigation from UNM is already effecting Longo and SHSt

Todd4State
12-09-2016, 08:57 PM
I guess the rumor about Lane Kiffen, the ghost of Bill Walsh, Mike Leach, Jim Harbaugh, and Sean Payton all looking to upgrade their current positions and eating at Ajax wasn't true after all.

Actually, I was kind of hoping that this search would get drawn out so that we could get a "realistic" list from their website reporters.

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 09:10 PM
I guess the rumor about Lane Kiffen, the ghost of Bill Walsh, Mike Leach, Jim Harbaugh, and Sean Payton all looking to upgrade their current positions and eating at Ajax wasn't true after all.

Actually, I was kind of hoping that this search would get drawn out so that we could get a "realistic" list from their website reporters.

I wonder if his name was floated out so people would watch him some tonight to come away impressed and this was play interview. If the perception was good he is hired if not...he wasn't a real candidate. Because we were told they already had a Big hire lined up right? They are so enamoured with image I wonder if they stick with him, if he is truly the guy.

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Is SHSt DC coming over as well? Package deal with the OC. Impressive.***

Todd4State
12-09-2016, 09:37 PM
I wonder if his name was floated out so people would watch him some tonight to come away impressed and this was play interview. If the perception was good he is hired if not...he wasn't a real candidate. Because we were told they already had a Big hire lined up right? They are so enamoured with image I wonder if they stick with him, if he is truly the guy.

Knowing them it could very well be that way. And their offense just scored- a safety.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 09:46 PM
This is one of the greatest ass whippings I've ever watched. It's actually interesting to see if JM can score 70.

GREAT HIRE OM!!!!!

If I'm recruiting against OM, I'm taking this game tape with me & just making Akers or whoever watch it

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Knowing them it could very well be that way. And their offense just scored- a safety.

Then another TD to go up 58-0 and now another INT and another TD. Shotgun they may score 80 if they don't start taking knees, in the 3rd quarter...wow

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 09:52 PM
The Rebels247 board is completely melting over this. It's hilarious & beautiful. Tonight couldn't have gone worse for Hugh attempting to sell a hire to the fan base.

I'm not sure Hugh can hire Longo now. His fan base is on the verge of mutiny.

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 10:14 PM
They scored!! You're golden Freeze, sign him up.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2016, 10:14 PM
They scored!! You're golden Freeze, sign him up.

Juggernaut

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 10:17 PM
I tell you what, if JMU DB's could catch, the would have 7-8 INT's

Dolphus Raymond
12-09-2016, 10:27 PM
So, are they hiring this Longo guy to be the OC or DC? The 65-7 score looks bad either way.

GreenheadDawg
12-09-2016, 10:31 PM
The Rebels247 board is completely melting over this. It's hilarious & beautiful. Tonight couldn't have gone worse for Hugh attempting to sell a hire to the fan base.

I'm not sure Hugh can hire Longo now. His fan base is on the verge of mutiny.

I really don't think he can hire him at this point. Even if the plan was to do so

Really Clark?
12-09-2016, 10:36 PM
I really don't think he can hire him at this point. Even if the plan was to do so

Yeah his tryout was a little lackluster...but it was close Freeze, go ahead and take the gamble!!

They didn't execute at all, especially the QB. Scheme wise he is pretty sharp but they got completely shut down by a superior defense.

Op4isabitch
12-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Never mind

Really Clark?
12-11-2016, 10:20 AM
USF made a bigger offer during the middle of the night to lure UNM's next DC away. Leaving Freeze scrambling to find a coordinator right before the dead period. Although the contract had not been signed many in the athletic department are upset that he did not honor the AJAX deal they agreed upon earlier this week.

ETA. We didn't want him anyway

What do you think guys? Could I get a job with one of the fan sites with the douches.

Jacksondevildog
12-11-2016, 10:21 AM
UM considering moving Matt Luke to OC and bringing in a QB coach. That would be hilarious if that happened. Just thought I would share.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 10:22 AM
I wonder if Rebel Rags will make Strong return all the free stuff they gave him?

http://i.imgur.com/PN6JYZq.jpg

Really Clark?
12-11-2016, 10:23 AM
UM considering moving Matt Luke to OC and bringing in a QB coach. That would be hilarious if that happened. Just thought I would share.

That tells you all you need you need to know about their available candidates. Be hilarious if it is Longo as QB coach since his OC tryout caused a minor meltdown with the fanbase

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Wow, that would be awesome.

Clearly, "the going is getting tough"

Political Hack
12-11-2016, 10:24 AM

Lmao. It's the only thing they can do unless they offer someone an ungodly amount of money. They're going to have to promote a GA to QB coach too. Nobody else is going to go there right now.

Kids should be paying attention. If they can't even hire coaches right now why in the world would a kid ever go play there.

GreenheadDawg
12-11-2016, 10:25 AM
I thought someone said Luke wouldn't be there next season. Am I thinking of Kiffin?

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 10:33 AM
I thought someone said Luke wouldn't be there next season. Am I thinking of Kiffin?

Well, both might not be, but that won't stop Freezus from promoting him.

He has to do something right?

coastdoglover
12-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Luke is a meathead and he has baggage too and NCAA knows it. I hope that happens but I doubt it. I wouldn't worry about any really good coaches lining up to come to the plantation unless they simply need a job.

starkvegasdawg
12-11-2016, 10:35 AM
He didn't have a commitable offer.

starkvegasdawg
12-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Would they dare stoop to trying to get Art Bryles?

Coursesuper
12-11-2016, 10:45 AM
That is just more confirmation that they are nuclear toxic and no one with a pulse is willing to sink with that ship.

messageboardsuperhero
12-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Desperation time. No Barney, no Wener, no Wommack, Heard with one foot out the door to Indiana of all places- and as far as I know, they don't have anyone even rumored as being a legitimate candidate to join the staff to replace those guys except that FCS coach.

How in the **** are they even able to attempt convincing players to join the program? And why in the world would Cam Akers even entertain the notion of joining that sinking ship right now with the other options he has? They don't even have an OC.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-11-2016, 10:48 AM

Too risky even for the bears. One sexual assault incident and a civil lawsuit could lose tens of millions.

TNDawg35
12-11-2016, 10:48 AM

Depends on if that os what Akers and Shae Shae want***

Really Clark?
12-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Supposedly Chuck also said Longo, Gilbert - Texas, Cumbie - TCU, and Chip Long at Memphis will interview for OC

I seen it dawg
12-11-2016, 10:52 AM
And josh Mcdaniel, and Sean Payton, and Scott linehan, and Todd Haley, and....the list goes on

**** those shitbirds

RocketDawg
12-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Luke is a meathead and he has baggage too and NCAA knows it. I hope that happens but I doubt it. I wouldn't worry about any really good coaches lining up to come to the plantation unless they simply need a job.

Will LANE Kiffin fall into that category?

GreenheadDawg
12-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Supposedly Chuck also said Longo, Gilbert - Texas, Cumbie - TCU, and Chip Long at Memphis will interview for OC

Chuck has been known to be dead on accucrate too .** that douche canoe doesn't know his elbow from his ass. He's as clueless as most of us here. Hell, we have posters on here that break the damn OM news before any of their guys

MetEdDawg
12-11-2016, 10:57 AM

Where did he say they were interviewing? No way he meant at Ole Miss.....

Political Hack
12-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Desperation time. No Barney, no Wener, no Wommack, Heard with one foot out the door to Indiana of all places- and as far as I know, they don't have anyone even rumored as being a legitimate candidate to join the staff to replace those guys except that FCS coach.

How in the **** are they even able to attempt convincing players to join the program? And why in the world would Cam Akers even entertain the notion of joining that sinking ship right now with the other options he has? They don't even have an OC.

Everyone knows the answer to that question.

Really Clark?
12-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Where did he say they were interviewing? No way he meant at Ole Miss.....

Actually the report was he was considering not interviewing. Misread it. I thought it was funny, of the 4 names listed one definitely didn't fit and is the only one legitimately hinted at as a possibility

lamont
12-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Elitedawgs has had to let OM fans know everything about the investigation- do we have to tell them who the next OC will be also???

msstate7
12-11-2016, 11:25 AM
Elitedawgs has had to let OM fans know everything about the investigation- do we have to tell them who the next OC will be also???

At this point, I expect Clinton HS' HC or Shea Patterson's brother

GreenheadDawg
12-11-2016, 01:08 PM

Who do you think it will be?

Really Clark?
12-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Strong reportedly wants to bring several of his Texas guys with him. Including the OC Gilbert...let's see if UNM can win this battle against a non Power 5 school. Hahaha

The coaching sites have updated to include Luke's name as a possible replacement. Nothing on the DC although that position has been open longer

yjnkdawg
12-11-2016, 01:33 PM
I'm just waiting for David Johnson to announce that OM has swung deals with Dave Aranda and Lane Kiffin. ********

Political Hack
12-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Who do you think it will be?

Be interested to see what RP says too, but I think they're going to have to promote from within. Either that or they'll wait a while to get a feel for what's going to happen with the NCAA. They might have to clean house in a few months.

Political Hack
12-11-2016, 02:09 PM
I'm just waiting for David Johnson to announce that OM has swung deals with Dave Aranda and Lane Kiffin. ********

Man, whoever that guy is using for his sources needs to be removed from his phone. I don't know how he has a subscriber base at all.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Mr David say that Matt Luke is interviewing at South Carolina tomorrow & that Ole Miss is trying to interview him for their OC job.

If Luke turns down the Ole Miss OC job to be on Muschamp's staff, that will be very telling.

Additionally, if the best OM can do is Matt Luke at OC, then that as well is very very telling.

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Mr David say that Matt Luke is interviewing at South Carolina tomorrow & that Ole Miss is trying to interview him for their OC job.

If Luke turns down the Ole Miss OC job to be on Muschamp's staff, that will be very telling.

Additionally, if the best OM can do is Matt Luke at OC, then that as well is very very telling.

I figured it would be Shea's brother at OC to be honest.

Really Clark?
12-11-2016, 06:21 PM
I figured it would be Shea's brother at OC to be honest.

It actually kind of crossed my mind that the So Car deal is a facade to hire Luke as OC and promote Sha's brother to QB coach

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 06:28 PM
It actually kind of crossed my mind that the So Car deal is a facade to hire Luke as OC and promote Sha's brother to QB coach

I'm sure Shea has to be thrilled about being coached by his brother when a possible NFL career is on the line.*

If I were Shea's brother, I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with that. Sure it could help the brother's career, but an NFL career is far more lucrative than being OM's QB coach. At some point, Shea has to look into transferring to school that has a quality QB coach.

If I'm Shea, I'm looking at Duke, Michigan, FSU, Texas, or Stanford

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 06:41 PM
I'm sure Shea has to be thrilled about being coached by his brother when a possible NFL career is on the line.*

If I were Shea's brother, I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with that. Sure it could help the brother's career, but an NFL career is far more lucrative than being OM's QB coach. At some point, Shea has to look into transferring to school that has a quality QB coach.

If I'm Shea, I'm looking at Duke, Michigan, FSU, Texas, or Stanford

Ole Miss knows that. That's why they are going to drag his family into as they already have. It's how they operate. They don't care about your NFL future if you are a player.

It will be added onto the laundry list as a warning to other players when it fails.

Todd4State
12-11-2016, 06:42 PM

It could very well be since I'm pretty sure Luke was listed in the NOA. So I'm not sure why South Carolina or anyone else would want him.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2016, 07:00 PM

Really good point. Makes it look better for sure

msstate7
12-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Has there been any word? Really wish they'd announce mcgriff today to help us with Avery