PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss is in some serious trouble

Dawgology
12-08-2016, 05:19 PM
I've got calls and messages from random people all day that are hearing crazy ass things. IT's all about to boil over I believe.

I'd like to call it right now:

- 2 year bowl ban
- 35 scholarships lost over 5 (minimum)
- Freeze gets a SC

I feel like I'm being conservative based on what I'm hearing but I'm afraid to put realistic projections out there.

Spiderman
12-08-2016, 05:24 PM
I've got calls and messages from random people all day that are hearing crazy ass things. IT's all about to boil over I believe.

- 2 year bowl ban
- Freeze gets a SC

I feel like I'm being conservative based on what I'm hearing but I'm afraid to put realistic projections out there.

That just it, everybody is hearing every crazy ass thing.

Can't wait to see what is really going to happen and see how it all turns out. Who knows? But it's fun whatever happens.

Big4Dawg
12-08-2016, 05:26 PM
People call you about the investigation?

maroonmania
12-08-2016, 05:28 PM
When it will get REALLY bad is when the 2nd (or amended) NOA has to be made public. No, they won't have their punishment at that point, but if the violations are as bad as what people think they will be, then it will be pretty obvious that the NCAA is going to totally decimate the program. It was already going to be a pretty good gut punch to them just with the punishment they were expected to get from the original NOA.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Do we know yet if OM has received the 2nd NOA &, if so, when is the 90 days up?

patinodawg
12-08-2016, 05:34 PM

- 2 year bowl ban
- Freeze gets a SC

inquiring minds want to know

shannondawg
12-08-2016, 05:38 PM
I just know its not going to be what I want it to be..

State82
12-08-2016, 05:44 PM

Me either. Because when all is said and done there will still be buildings and people there. So it's not going to be what I want it to be.

Mjoelner34
12-08-2016, 06:09 PM
I can't wait to see their info-graphic downplaying the 2nd NOA.

defiantdog
12-08-2016, 06:25 PM

- 2 year bowl ban
- Freeze gets a SC

Freeze won't lose his job..... expect a Bowl ban and loss of scholarships. This will upset a lot of folks on this board, but OM has a really good law firm on their side. This same law firm has attorneys working for the SEC and NCAA. They've done a really good job at pushing back the investigation. There's only one issue. The NCAA is the judge, jury, and executioner. So they may come out of right field with a big hammer..... we'll just have to wait..... a while.

lamont
12-08-2016, 06:37 PM
a coach got a show cause for text messages. Freeze was with a booster in a recruit's home. It will be absolutely amazing if he doesnt get one

GreenheadDawg
12-08-2016, 07:08 PM
a coach got a show cause for text messages. Freeze was with a booster in a recruit's home. It will be absolutely amazing if he doesnt get one

I've heard this several different times. But my question is, does anybody know if the NCAA has proof or thinks that they do?

rbdog82
12-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Freeze won't lose his job..... expect a Bowl ban and loss of scholarships. This will upset a lot of folks on this board, but OM has a really good law firm on their side. This same law firm has attorneys working for the SEC and NCAA. They've done a really good job at pushing back the investigation. There's only one issue. The NCAA is the judge, jury, and executioner. So they may come out of right field with a big hammer..... we'll just have to wait..... a while.

Certain employees from a large law firm in Ridgeland are intricately involved in "recruiting" Leo to Ole Miss. I wonder if that's the same law firm working with Ole Miss.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2016, 07:18 PM
I've heard this several different times. But my question is, does anybody know if the NCAA has proof or thinks that they do?

Doesn't matter. It's not a court of law. It's what they believe.

gravedigger
12-08-2016, 07:23 PM

the ncaa will give om a choice they cannot refuse. Their attorneys will be quite helpful when they file a suit in a court of law, but until then, they are good for protecting documents that the ncaa will eventually release just like they did last year. Law firms and attorney's working for the conference have a choice: protect the larger body or the smaller one. They will do what is in their best interest. They have not pushed back one inch on the investigation. they have limited the public's knowledge of it.

You are correct. There is only one issue. What the NCAA governing body feels is the appropriate response to a school who has defied a 4 year investigation by continuing in it's practices under the excuse that everyone does it.

Anyone who is a parent knows this........that excuse wont fly.

Om is about to be a sacrificial lamb. The hammer is already down due to the academic fraud. Whether they take another blow and how hard is all that is left. OM is acknowledging this by dumping coaches like Werner who didn't recruit and didn't do a terrible job.

Defy that.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-08-2016, 07:27 PM

Freeze/OM have already admitted to it. Unless this is something else.

defiantdog
12-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Certain employees from a large law firm in Ridgeland are intricately involved in "recruiting" Leo to Ole Miss. I wonder if that's the same law firm working with Ole Miss.

No, the law firm is out of Birmingham

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 07:34 PM

That was in Allegation 7 of the first NOA. Freeze and harris both were mentioned in section e of that Allegation. They know

GreenheadDawg
12-08-2016, 08:10 PM
That was in Allegation 7 of the first NOA. Freeze and harris both were mentioned in section e of that Allegation. They know

I just don't see how they can save his job.

Central Pork
12-08-2016, 08:44 PM

That made me chuckle. Many of us would like to see the Webals get the death penalty and get kicked out of the SEC.

But, that ain't gonna happen. However, things are getting pretty bad for Freezus and his Disciples. The punishment has already started. And, the worst is yet to come.

This makes me happy.

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2016, 08:53 PM

It's in the NOA.

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2016, 08:54 PM
No, the law firm is out of Birmingham

They have two law firms involved.

TUSK
12-08-2016, 09:02 PM
They have two law firms involved.

....and the REC/NCAA is gonna outspend em both.....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2016, 09:21 PM
I really don't wont that SOB to lose his job. He is NOTHING without bagmen. Hell he couldn't even win with all the talent they got from cheating. I would love nothing more than to see his unshaven, beaten down buck-toothed ass get skull-drug week in and week out against SEC opponents.

Political Hack
12-08-2016, 09:32 PM

Yeah. No matter what happens I won't be satisfied. If they get a one year death penalty I'll be pissed that it would break up a 100+ year uninterrupted game rivalry. Top 5 in the nation. If it's 2-years it may be worth it though.***

CadaverDawg
12-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Me either. Because when all is said and done there will still be buildings and people there. So it's not going to be what I want it to be.

http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.gif

BeardoMSU
12-08-2016, 09:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.gif

Dammit, beat me to it.

Spiderman
12-08-2016, 09:50 PM
I really don't wont that SOB to lose his job. He is NOTHING without bagmen. Hell he couldn't even win with all the talent they got from cheating. I would love nothing more than to see his unshaven, beaten down buck-toothed ass get skull-drug week in and week out against SEC opponents.

I do, about May of 2017. Then see what kinda coach they can get. The best they could hope for is Buddy S. from EMCC.

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2016, 10:08 PM
I do, about May of 2017. Then see what kinda coach they can get. The best they could hope for is Buddy S. from EMCC.
Screw May. Let's shoot for Aug 1.

RougeDawg
12-08-2016, 10:58 PM

They also have proof of messages from buckys cell phone to recruits burner phones, during dead periods. Imagine that.

Speaking of dead period, Bucky deserves a show cause for how shitty he has been to players. Players he has used and throw away. Some were simply political pawns that he never actually intended on playing. Tee Shepherd keeps coming to mind when people talks about Buckys transgressions l. The way he lied to and gen discarded Tee was absolutely despicable. It still amazes me that this incident never really caught any media attention.

Feeeze is a f*cking piece of shit human being who has hoodwinked the national media who refuses to see him or his program for what they actually are.

missouridawg
12-08-2016, 11:16 PM

There is a piece of me that wants to see Frreze coach through 4 years of a 55 scholarship limit roster filled with 2 and 3 star talent... with very bad assistant coaches. I'd love to hear his "this is Gods plan" talks during that time.

Dawgology
12-08-2016, 11:29 PM
People call you about the investigation?

Not usually. I know a couple of older fellows over in Columbus that are pretty well connected but I never ask them about this stuff because I don't want to burn bridges. One called me today specially about the Farrar firing today, congratulated me on "State's big win" referring to coaches being fired, show causes, and massive scholarship losses. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about that it wasn't just State that turned them in. He said "I know it was all the other bastards too". Then at lunch my friend who is well connected within certain football circles (think bigger than college football) says word is filtering through NFL channels that the penalties against Ole Miss will be "historic". I then received a DM from a trusted source naming a specific player at Auburn that sang like a bird to NCAA investigators.

Now, this could all be completely unfounded and totally wrong...but...I've never had people at that level talk about this so openly and matter of fact. Almost like it's a done deal. All I know is it is apprearing that this will be big and it may have been an organized attempt by the SEC College of Coaches to rein this stuff in. This may be more than huge by the end. Again, this may all be completely untrue, here say, conjecture, and/or misinformation. It could all just be BS water cooler talk....

Or it could be totally true.

chef dixon
12-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Multiple major staff moves in the primetime of recruiting season is a great thing. Shows Freezus is willing to shake up his staff to make changes.***

You have to give it to them, we would be in Armageddon ****ing meltdown mode and just spewing hate at our head coach, administration, media outlets if this were us.

Reason2succeed
12-09-2016, 12:06 AM
My favorite subject is the demise of OM. I almost hate that it is coming to a sudden tragic end but I hope that end includes their being dropped from the SEC. (Wishful thinking I know but imagine what the SEC could do if they had a spot to fill.)