PDA

View Full Version : The Dumbest OM Narrative I've Heard Today

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 04:26 PM
The dumbest narrative I've heard today is that Dan Werner was fired because, with Barney Farrar getting fired, Werner would now have to recruit. That due to the NCAA allowing Farrar to take Werner's spot on the recruiting trail, Werner had to be let go once Barney was let go.

Here is the problem with that narrative: why not just hire another Barney Farrar?

Why are Werner & Farrar married at the hip? Couldn't OM just fire Farrar & hire another Farrar?

Or, with Werner getting married, couldn't Werner just start recruiting?

Point is that QB play has been the least of OM's problems & Dan Werner's job performance has been the least of OM's problems.

Matt Wyatt even fell into the trap of this narrative just now on Head to Head, but, unless I'm missing how Werner's job depended on Farrar & Farrar alone, I don't see how the narrative makes sense.

Even if it did make sense, why fire Werner now? Why not wait till after JUCO signing day?

What I think is that Werner is somehow mixed up in the amended NOA & got the axe.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2016, 04:32 PM
So out of the goodness of his heart Freeze found a way to keep Werner at home to take care of a kid but now he is firing him because he can't recruit?

RougeDawg
12-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Must be their propaganda piece of the week. Basically what an OM buddy told me an hour ago.

confucius say
12-08-2016, 04:42 PM
What I was told was Werner got married, so his waiver went away, so he now would have to recruit. however, he didn't want to recruit so he had to be replaced.

Also, without the need for a waiver for a pinch hit recruiter, Barney was no longer needed and that's why his contract was not extended.

Neither had anything to do with the NCAA.

Westdawg
12-08-2016, 04:45 PM
have already heard it earlier today. makes no sense when you look at it. it wasn't the offense that was the issue this season. it was wholeheartedly the defense. the offense played just like it has the past 3-4 years more or less, and one could make the argument that had Kelly not been injured that they would have finished much better.
There is obviously something in this amended or SECOND NOA that has them freaked out.....or the NCAA has told the administration that they have now caught both of these guys in some bad recruit/player situations. We already know or have heard the suspected issue with Farrar, question is what is it that Werner is guilty of, as well??

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 04:46 PM
What I was told was Werner got married, so his waiver went away, so he now would have to recruit. however, he didn't want to recruit so he had to be replaced.

Also, without the need for a waiver for a pinch hit recruiter, Barney was no longer needed and that's why his contract was not extended.

Good lord.

Under those circumstances, Werner would've just resigned. No need for Freeze to fire him.

OM people need to research Occum's Razor. The explanation that requires the least amount of explanation is typically correct

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Matt Wyatt is not very smart. He can't think for himself.

He's at it again right now.

Matt, Werner did recruit. He just didn't recruit off campus, but he did recruit

Westdawg
12-08-2016, 07:01 PM

Whoever told you that needs to be asked this question:
If this is "true", then why was Barney put on administrative leave weeks ago?

See, this FACT I mentioned blows that whole narrative out of the water.

For a group that is supposed to be full of doctors, lawyers, and "smarter ppl than us farmers", they sure believe a lot of absolute bull scat.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Whoever told you that needs to be asked this question:
If this is "true", then why was Barney put on administrative leave weeks ago?

See, this FACT I mentioned blows that whole narrative out of the water.

For a group that is supposed to be full of doctors, lawyers, and "smarter ppl than us farmers", they sure believe a lot of absolute bull scat.

They know what's going on, but just aren't willing to talk about it.

Their main goal right now is too trick recruits into signing with them & worrying about the rest later

They know what's going on, but are just going to spin it & spin it until the 2nd NOA comes out