PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss is back in the top 10 ranking again.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2016, 04:04 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/college-footballs-9-disappointing-teams-2016-120816

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Nice!!

Despite losing a bunch of talent on the defensive side of the ball, hopes were high that the Rebels' offense, led by Heisman trophy contender Chad Kelly (!!!), was going lead Ole Miss into contention with Alabama this year.

Yeah ... that didn't work out. (Though they did give Bama a game.)

The Rebs finished 5-7.

http://b.fssta.com/uploads/2016/12/gettyimages-628221590.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

RocketDawg
12-08-2016, 04:30 PM
We perhaps should be on that list too ....

Boodawg
12-08-2016, 04:36 PM

We weren't even close to being ranked Preseason, they were #11 I believe.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-08-2016, 04:40 PM

https://media.tenor.co/images/2092e62243e91c00f0563de7627ea044/raw

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 04:43 PM

GTFO of here with that.. we were picked to finish last by basically everyone . Vegas win total had us at 6.5

We shouldn't have been 5-7 .. but no way we are even close to making that list. We wouldn't make that top 30 list. Just in the SEC Ark , UGA, AM are higher on that list than we are.

maroonmania
12-08-2016, 04:44 PM

We are picked last in the West basically every year. How can we disappoint?

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 04:46 PM
I think I'm going to start a list.. anytime someone post some dumb ****ing shit they get on the list.
The List Of Gold for stupid idiots.

RocketDawg. You just made the list.

RougeDawg
12-08-2016, 04:49 PM
I seem to recall a certain handful of Posters saying 5-7 to 6-6 was most likely scenario for this OM team. Granted I was wrong about us, thinking 7-8 wins spins be our outcome. Our wins were there to take but we didn't. I never bought into the hype and stressed how top heavy the talent was that they lost from 2015 team. I got into it with asschaps on twitter when he picked them 2nd in west. Told him they'll be lucky to win 6 this year (was in August). He and most other media members weeent hearing any of it.

The real question is how did they fairly accurately predict our season and completely miss OM's season? These guys get paid to look at the things we look at casually for fun. This site has a better grasp on each program than professionals who make their living evaluating these things. It's beyond inexcusable. Tennessee is another. I saw nothing that warranted the hype. A&M has now crumbled in the 2nd half for the last 3-3 seasons. Yet both Tenn and A&M will both be right back up there this summer as having a chance to compete for the playoffs.

BrunswickDawg
12-08-2016, 04:52 PM
I seem to recall a certain handful of Posters saying 5-7 to 6-6 was most likely scenario for this OM team. Granted I was wrong about us, thinking 7-8 wins spins be our outcome. Our wins were there to take but we didn't. I never bought into the hype and stressed how top heavy the talent was that they lost from 2015 team. I got into it with asschaps on twitter when he picked them 2nd in west. Told him they'll be lucky to win 6 this year (was in August). He and most other media members weeent hearing any of it.

The real question is how did they fairly accurately predict our season and completely miss OM's season? These guys get paid to look at the things we look at casually for fun. This site has a better grasp on each program than professionals who make their living evaluating these things. It's beyond inexcusable. Tennessee is another. I saw nothing that warranted the hype. A&M has now crumbled in the 2nd half for the last 3-3 seasons. Yet both Tenn and A&M will both be right back up there this summer as having a chance to compete for the playoffs.

Hell, Barrett Sallee and others were still writing articles in early October about how OM could still win the SEC and make the playoff. I'm really shocked they didn't make the top 5.

CadaverDawg
12-08-2016, 04:59 PM
I think I'm going to start a list.. anytime someone post some dumb ****ing shit they get on the list.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/3b426d6fd27d9fe0d151b44b8bfe24e6/tumblr_inline_nv1wveui5D1sg0dfr_500.gif

Jack Lambert
12-08-2016, 05:01 PM
GTFO of here with that.. we were picked to finish last by basically everyone . Vegas win total had us at 6.5

We shouldn't have been 5-7 .. but no way we are even close to making that list. We wouldn't make that top 30 list. Just in the SEC Ark , UGA, AM are higher on that list than we are.

A win in Florida in two weeks we might his 6.

Boodawg
12-08-2016, 05:03 PM

I bet they didn't lose any money on it. They got all the OM morons to bet heavy on the over and then all the realistic folks picked the under, and Vegas won on the juice.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-08-2016, 05:10 PM

I think callling it Shotgundog's list of dipshittery is more fitting for a bank of stupid posts made on this board.

RocketDawg
12-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Too many to quote ... but I suppose all you guys were totally satisfied with our 5-7 season? To me it was pretty disappointing. True, we weren't ranked preseason. But 8 or 9 wins was not out of the question.

RocketDawg
12-08-2016, 05:17 PM
I think callling it Shotgundog's list of dipshittery is more fitting for a bank of stupid posts made on this board.

That's below the belt. It's gotta be really, really bad to get on that list. **

Reason2succeed
12-08-2016, 06:17 PM
The order of that list is very bad. It would not have taken much for them to have quoted preseason rankings versus how they finished.

SailingDawg
12-08-2016, 07:20 PM

Like anyone ever expects us to be any good. We rose to number one from no pre-season ranking, right?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Whew...I'm glad we just now starting it. I would probably have at least 3 or 4 in the top 10.**