PDA

View Full Version : One thing to understand on Werner

lamont
12-08-2016, 01:45 PM
While he didn't recruit off campus until recently- he was completely involved with recruits once they were on campus. So while it could be he was removed because he didn't want to recruit off campus- this absolutely could be NCAA-related

LockeDawg
12-08-2016, 02:02 PM
While he didn't recruit off campus until recently- he was completely involved with recruits once they were on campus. So while it could be he was removed because he didn't want to recruit off campus- this absolutely could be NCAA-related

Exactly!

And Werner evaluated the talent, more than likely made initial contact with them and "courted" them when they came for on-campus visits. Hell, a LOT of contact can be made from campus. In fact, the final sales game is handled on campus most of the time anyway.

Political Hack
12-08-2016, 02:24 PM
I'll take this a step further. Given the potential for a mass coaching exodus when the NCAA lays down the hammer, they'd be the dumbest program in America for removing ANY coach on staff right now if it's not NCAA related.

Here's another bit of speculation... No DC in his right mind is going to take their job. They will either hire a no-name "hope and pray" type guy or they'll be forced to promote from within.

MadDawg
12-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I'll take this a step further. Given the potential for a mass coaching exodus when the NCAA lays down the hammer, they'd be the dumbest program in America for removing ANY coach on staff right now if it's not NCAA related.

Here's another bit of speculation... No DC in his right mind is going to take their job. They will either hire a no-name "hope and pray" type guy or they'll be forced to promote from within.

Who would want to be DC at a program about to get major scholarship reductions? And knowing their love of offense, I would expect the defensive side of the ball to pay the price for the lost scholarships. Good luck recruiting walk on DL, LB and Secondary.

JoseBrown
12-08-2016, 02:57 PM

Spot on with both points. And it sounds to me like today their fans are finally starting to realize the administration outside of football is not "All In". And that is so funny to me. As long as the administration could look the other way and say 'rogue boosters' everything was fine. Now the fans are beginning to realize the cheating is now having to be dealt with by the administration because the NCAA is pounding them...

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Spot on with both points. And it sounds to me like today their fans are finally starting to realize the administration outside of football is not "All In". And that is so funny to me. As long as the administration could look the other way and say 'rogue boosters' everything was fine. Now the fans are beginning to realize the cheating is now having to be dealt with by the administration because the NCAA is pounding them...

That's because their administration knows that of they don't start to curb it eventually the NCAA will shut them down.

JoseBrown
12-08-2016, 03:46 PM
That's because their administration knows that of they don't start to curb it eventually the NCAA will shut them down.

Yea, no doubt! Their admin's SOP is look the other way and mumble rogue booster from time to time. This time being the NCAA looking and handing them NOA's they have to investigate their own for a change. Their fans just thought they were "All In" with them.... I think it's too funny to hear how many reasons they come up with for each singular report or event..

And it couldn't be happening to a better bunch!!

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Yea, no doubt! Their admin's SOP is look the other way and mumble rogue booster from time to time. This time being the NCAA looking and handing them NOA's they have to investigate their own for a change. Their fans just thought they were "All In" with them.... I think it's too funny to hear how many reasons they come up with for each singular report or event..

And it couldn't be happening to a better bunch!!

I just wonder at what point their administration finally steps in and reveals the truth to their fans and alumni. That's going to be a glorious day.

Tbonewannabe
12-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Wasn't the hotel on campus that Bucky introduced them to Taco Supreme and his backpack of fire sauce?

jumbo
12-08-2016, 04:48 PM
I just wonder at what point their administration finally steps in and reveals the truth to their fans and alumni. That's going to be a glorious day.

They probably won't. It will happen when the NCAA/Media get it. Then OM will just say "this is what it is".

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2016, 11:55 PM

This thread brought to you by: Werner Ladders

https://s24.postimg.org/fdhootxhx/werner.jpg

"Be careful when you trying to reach the top, someone(NCAA) may knock your legs out from under you!"

msbulldog
12-09-2016, 07:37 AM
This thread brought to you by: Werner Ladders

https://s24.postimg.org/fdhootxhx/werner.jpg

"Be careful when you trying to reach the top, someone(NCAA) may knock your legs out from under you!"

Now that's funny!