PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Out of Bounds this morning?

CJDAWG85
09-05-2013, 08:28 AM
The guy Bo was interviewing hit the nail on the head in my opinion. He said that it was incredibly difficult to run out of a one back formation with a QB who is not a threat to run. Could not have said it better myself. One of two things has to happen. Either put JRob in the backfield along with Perk or a FB, or go 5 wide and let Russell start slinging it all over the field.

Thoughts?

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 08:37 AM
he's correct. that's why we need a TE dragging across in motion when TR is in the game.

msstate7
09-05-2013, 08:39 AM
he's correct. that's why we need a TE dragging across in motion when TR is in the game.

Aren't Malcolm Johnson and Brandon hill more receiving te's than blockers?

CJDAWG85
09-05-2013, 08:46 AM
You could classify them like that, but they still should know how to block and the blocking schemes.

PassInterference
09-05-2013, 09:00 AM
It would help if TR could runs just some. Doesn't have to be a Chris Relf. If he could merely be Tyson Lee, it would be effective.

We had no problems running with Tyson Lee. TL could run enough to make you respect the QB as a runner. He didn't have to be a Manziel or a Tebow type bulldozer - just had to be willing to take what was there and make the D tackle him.

I'm not sure Tyler likes being tackled.

fishwater99
09-05-2013, 09:05 AM
I have been saying we need a FB in there for over a year now... Mullen just doesn't get it... WHY?

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
TR does run some. that's why he's concust.

EAVdog
09-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I have been saying we need a FB in there for over a year now... Mullen just doesn't get it... WHY?

Or at least run some wishbone in short yardage situations like we did the first 2 years.

FlabLoser
09-05-2013, 09:20 AM
TR doesn't run 6-10 times/game which is what we need.

Poor TR took a helmet-helmet shot where he slid and got hit anyway. They threw a flag on the play and then picked it up. That might have been the 1st Q shot that messed up the rest of his day.

But on a typical day he still doesn't run 6-10 times. Maybe 1-2 tops.

WinningIsRelentless
09-05-2013, 09:35 AM
TR does run some. that's why he's concust.

No Tyler only runs when he holds the ball to dang long and doesn't get rid of it. He has to run the ball on the read option 6-10 times a game and it doesn't have to be for big gains either. The one time he ran the ball Saturday on a design run he got 15 yards. Its more of a Tyler doesn't want to run the ball versus he can't run the ball. He doesn't understand him running the ball 6-10 times a game will open everything else up hence making his life that much more easier in the passing game and open more running lanes. If I was the OC or play caller and I had a qb doing this in a system we need him to run it, I would just call straight qb draws if I had to play that qb.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
and he would get a concussion.

msstate7
09-05-2013, 09:39 AM
No Tyler only runs when he holds the ball to dang long and doesn't get rid of it. He has to run the ball on the read option 6-10 times a game and it doesn't have to be for big gains either. The one time he ran the ball Saturday on a design run he got 15 yards. Its more of a Tyler doesn't want to run the ball versus he can't run the ball. He doesn't understand him running the ball 6-10 times a game will open everything else up hence making his life that much more easier in the passing game and open more running lanes. If I was the OC or play caller and I had a qb doing this in a system we need him to run it, I would just call straight qb draws if I had to play that qb.

I agree TR needs to keep the ball more on the zone read. He REALLY needs to work on his slide before contact. He looks as athletic as my grandmother when sliding

Political Hack
he ran the ball 3 times in a half and one drive that I can remember. May have been more than that???

That's about 6 times a game, right?

msstate7
and he would get a concussion.

Not if he would slide right. He's terrible at sliding

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree. he's terrible at being a tiny hamburger.

Drugdog
09-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Brad Edwards also said that you can't celebrate a win over Vandy and think you are a top 25 program. Funny as hell.

Coach34
09-05-2013, 09:58 AM
The guy Bo was interviewing hit the nail on the head in my opinion. He said that it was incredibly difficult to run out of a one back formation with a QB who is not a threat to run. Could not have said it better myself. One of two things has to happen. Either put JRob in the backfield along with Perk or a FB, or go 5 wide and let Russell start slinging it all over the field.

Thoughts?

We dont have the WR's to throw the ball 40-45 times a game...too much inexperience

CJDAWG85
09-05-2013, 10:13 AM
That may be true, but that's a quick way to get them experience.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 10:15 AM
with Tyler out we dodn't have a QB who can throw it 30 times a game. Hope we don't get behind.

Coach34
09-05-2013, 10:37 AM
That may be true, but that's a quick way to get them experience.

It's more than that- it's not playstation- they have to learn all that shit also. It's not just plug-n-play

Coach 57
09-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Brandon Hill is twice the blocker Malcolm is. Brandon is pretty dang good at both. Not AS good of a receiveras Malcolm but better at blocking. Go look at him on the first drive.

Homedawg
09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Aren't Malcolm Johnson and Brandon hill more receiving te's than blockers?

Yes. And after watching sat I can't stomach much more of watching Malcolm trying to block on the counter play. He got killed 3 times, once causing Russell to get sacked.

WinningIsRelentless
09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
he ran the ball 3 times in a half and one drive that I can remember. May have been more than that???

That's about 6 times a game, right?

Dumbass everyone is saying on design runs. Him not getting rid of the ball fast enough and then scrambling isn't a design run.

CJDAWG85
09-05-2013, 11:14 AM
With TR out, we also have a QB that can and will run. Negates the problem.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Dumbass everyone is saying on design runs. Him not getting rid of the ball fast enough and then scrambling isn't a design run.

You're 33% correct. I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on your undeserved arrogance.

First run: first drive, design roll out that's a pass/run option.
Second run: read option keeper straight up the gut for 12 yards.
Third run: you're finally right. congrats in being 33% correct.

Dak also ran the ball twice for zero yards while TR was still healthy.

fishwater99
09-05-2013, 11:45 AM
With TR out, we also have a QB that can and will run. Negates the problem.

But DAK never pitches to the RB, he likes to keep it himself all the time. This is not good either..

regdawg18
09-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I thought that was a good point and I wonder if our coaches considered it and how they would counter that point.

ckDOG
09-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Tyler is only an effective runner that 1 time a game the defense goes to sleep and there's a giant hole for him to run through. Kudos to him for spotting those opportunities, but other than that, he's not athletic enough to be respected by the defense or to take hits correctly. I think we're better off with him using those 5-6 times to go deep down the field in an effort to create space as opposed to him trying to do it with something he doesn't excel in.

Coach34
09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
But DAK never pitches to the RB, he likes to keep it himself all the time. This is not good either..

With more playing time he will do a better job with it

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't think Russell has had a good performance against a good team yet. He has torn apart some bad to average teams which I will give him credit for...but I don't think he has had a good performance against an actual good team yet. I think it's time to give Dak a chance.

WinningIsRelentless
09-05-2013, 01:28 PM
You're 33% correct. I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on your undeserved arrogance.

First run: first drive, design roll out that's a pass/run option.
Second run: read option keeper straight up the gut for 12 yards.
Third run: you're finally right. congrats in being 33% correct.

Dak also ran the ball twice for zero yards while TR was still healthy.

So according to your math he ran the ball twice and that's close to the 6 times a game? That's 33% of six which is on the low end of what he needs to be running it. No wonder your dumbass got us busted, hell you can't even do simple math. Dak ran it twice on short yardage situations with a extra lineman in the game and 11 guys in the box, the better thing to look at is his career rushing average instead of just two plays.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 01:47 PM
show me where the math was wrong again genius. 1 out of 3 is 33% douche. Oh, and you should shut your mouth about crap you know nothing about. You're an ignorant idiot who has zero understanding of what took place and how things went down. Again, congrats on having an opinion on something you know shit about. You're doing really well with your 12 posts.

elitedawgs
09-05-2013, 01:52 PM

Watch it with the personal attacks.

Coach 57
09-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't think Russell has had a good performance against a good team yet. He has torn apart some bad to average teams which I will give him credit for...but I don't think he has had a good performance against an actual good team yet. I think it's time to give Dak a chance.

Look I'm on the Dak-track but this statement isn't true either. Tyler had decent stats against a LSU last yr.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Look I'm on the Dak-track but this statement isn't true either. Tyler had decent stats against a LSU last yr.

Yeah, he was ok. I would not call it a good performance.

WinningIsRelentless
09-05-2013, 02:30 PM
show me where the math was wrong again genius. 1 out of 3 is 33% douche. Oh, and you should shut your mouth about crap you know nothing about. You're an ignorant idiot who has zero understanding of what took place and how things went down. Again, congrats on having an opinion on something you know shit about. You're doing really well with your 12 posts.

So how the hell is that anywhere close to running the ball close to 6 times a game?

Dawg61
09-05-2013, 02:34 PM
It's more than that- it's not playstation- they have to learn all that shit also. It's not just plug-n-play

Wish it was playstation so we could tell the DE to "contain" vs the Diamond**

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 02:59 PM
he ran it 3 times in a half and one drive. That's close to 6 a game average. I don't see the point of reducing his runs by 33% because it wasn't a called read option run. Johnny runs a lot when it's not a called run and teams have to account for that. Hopefully Dak will too. Ultimately it's about making the defense respect the run... whether it's called or not is irrelevant.. and even when factoring in calls vs non-calls it was only 1 run difference.

We're seriously arguing about a sample size of 3 runs in a single half... it makes about as much sense as being ready to dethrone the 5th year Sr over a poor half that he played with a concussion.

WinningIsRelentless
09-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Watch it with the personal attacks.

How is me calling him a dumbass anymore of a personal attack than him calling me a douche!

Coach 57
09-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, he was ok. I would not call it a good performance.

"Alright"? Only Taj Boyd & maybe McCarron had more yds against that defense! Are you kidding?