PDA

View Full Version : Werner and Farrar fired

BeastMan
12-08-2016, 11:11 AM
They announced it as Werner won't be brought back and Barney contract won't get extended. Nicest way possible to say you're fired.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
I wonder was Werner being fired was part of NCAA investigations?

This must have been the big news from tweeter.

BeastMan
12-08-2016, 11:15 AM
https://twitter.com/ralphdrussoap/status/806893728560508929

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 11:20 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/fckya.gif

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Calling Cam Akers, Calling Cam Akers, are you sure you want to join this shit hole of a program?

Jarius
12-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Hahahaha how'd those NCAA interviews work out for you Barney? Immunity is a bitch son.

KB21
12-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Yeah. Freeze and Werner were together when they visited Myles Brennan just a few days ago as well. They also told Brennan that everything was fine.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 11:25 AM
I mean, I don't know how to explain to these idiots that their program is about to be destroyed

http://i.imgur.com/w84ghgc.jpg

lamont
12-08-2016, 11:25 AM
No way thats true- Yancy and Chuck have told their flock Barney is being reinstated soon

fishwater99
12-08-2016, 11:28 AM
This is a Good Thing... **

lol

BeastMan
12-08-2016, 11:30 AM
No way thats true- Yancy and Chuck have told their flock Barney is being reinstated soon

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/A6FBFD29-5C45-45E9-B5AB-2510090F72D5_zps0fkba9f4.jpg

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Couple things to keep in mind. At least two more of their coaches are "not going to be renewed" as well.

Irondawg
12-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Werner is interesting b/c you have to assume it's tied to the investigation. We'll know soon enough b/c he had some great offenses. If he's not hired pretty quickly i'd take that as a warning sign

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Couple things to keep in mind. At least two more of their coaches are "not going to be renewed" as well.

What's their initials?

msstate7
12-08-2016, 11:37 AM

I enjoy your posts so much more when you troll OM, not us

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 11:37 AM
I kept telling the douches that Barney was never getting back on the recruiting trail and would be gone before long. But noooo, we hear he will be reinstated, tomorrow, next week, etc. idiots

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-08-2016, 11:40 AM
What's their initials?

I'd guess D.N. and M.H., but C.K. is there as well

Jack Lambert
12-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Yeah. Freeze and Werner were together when they visited Myles Brennan just a few days ago as well. They also told Brennan that everything was fine.

I think Freeze and Ole MIss are going all out with the NCAA to save Freeze.

RezDog7
I mean, I don't know how to explain to these idiots that their program is about to be destroyed

http://i.imgur.com/w84ghgc.jpg

Maybe if we had more posters like this instead of random posters always trying to be negative and looking for sources that our coach wants out we could have a better perception in the media. How about "Oregon really wanted Mullen but he said no because MSU is a much better place to coach and he has two all America QB's for the next 6 -7 years."

CadaverDawg

This. I was about to say, all over twitter Ole Miss fans have been breathing sighs of relief because "Barney about to be reinstated". Looks like the sheep were lied to again.

And the Werner thing is NOT coaching related...otherwise why would Freeze be taking him on recruiting visits mere days before firing him? That would immediately look bad to the recruit they went to see, and OM may not know much but they know "optics".

This seems like the first dominoes iyam

HoopsDawg
12-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Wow, Wommack, Werner, and Farrar. This goes back to what an OM insider told me months ago. They are doing everything they can to save Freeze's job, even if that means firing everyone else.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-08-2016, 11:44 AM
A certain DE commit they used to have is telling his story as well. Mutual parting of ways my ass

CadaverDawg
Maybe if we had more posters like this instead of random posters always trying to be negative and looking for sources that our coach wants out we could have a better perception in the media. How about "Oregon really wanted Mullen but he said no because MSU is a much better place to coach and he has two all America QB's for the next 6 -7 years."

^Gets It^

#PullTheRope

Ari Gold

So did DJ as resent as this week

fishwater99
12-08-2016, 11:45 AM
M. L. too..

FISHDAWG
12-08-2016, 11:45 AM

totally agree ... nothing more entertaining than when he trolls them

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Werner is interesting b/c you have to assume it's tied to the investigation. We'll know soon enough b/c he had some great offenses. If he's not hired pretty quickly i'd take that as a warning sign

It really is interesting considering he wasn't on the road recruiting, so I'd be curious how he would be tied to the investigation. He does have a history of being tied to NCAA investigations from his time in Miami though.

lamont
12-08-2016, 11:47 AM
This. I was about to say, all over twitter Ole Miss fans have been breathing sighs of relief because "Barney about to be reinstated". Looks like the sheep were lied to again.

And the Werner thing is NOT coaching related...otherwise why would Freeze be taking him on recruiting visits mere days before firing him? That would immediately look bad to the recruit they went to see, and OM may not know much but they know "optics".

This seems like the first dominoes iyam

Something serious just went down with Werner. He was just on the recruiting trail. Also- you dont make this move before the early signing period next week unless you HAVE to

GreenheadDawg
12-08-2016, 11:47 AM
So do you insider guys believe Freeze saves his job?

AlSwearengen
12-08-2016, 11:48 AM
was werner the coach at miami that had been caught up in a bunch of shady recruiting practices, but somehow came out without any punishment from the ncaa?

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Calling Cam Akers, Calling Cam Akers, are you sure you want to join this shit hole of a program?

They say Cam doesn't care that TSUN is about to be Sanduskied. His holiness St. Freeze say nothing to worry about. Just a slap on the wrist at best.

Jarius
12-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Werner was given a special waiver to not recruit. When Barney was fired they had to fire Werner too because Werner is not Going to go on the road to recruit. Farrar being officially fired is the big news here. Werner is just a casualty of sucking at recruiting and his DH recruiter getting fired.

GreenheadDawg
12-08-2016, 11:50 AM
I enjoy seeing them suffer almost as much I like seeing us succeed. Is that wrong?

Commercecomet24
12-08-2016, 11:52 AM
A certain DE commit they used to have is telling his story as well. Mutual parting of ways my ass

Are his initials MW?

Covercorner2
12-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Something serious just went down with Werner. He was just on the recruiting trail. Also- you dont make this move before the early signing period next week unless you HAVE to

Playing Devil's Advocate, what if they are starting to realize they are losing Cam Akers to LSU, FSU, etc. due to offensive philosophy, and thus they realize they need to make a change. Sounds short-sighted, but Akers is a big deal to Ole Miss.

MadDawg
12-08-2016, 11:54 AM

ZING!

Spiderman
12-08-2016, 11:55 AM

I said all along that was the plan. Then when Barney was suspended I said it was falling just like I was told. Barney, well taken care of, and boosters will be the scapegoats

CadaverDawg
12-08-2016, 11:56 AM

Exactly. The "optics" get my attention more than anything. This is super anti the typical OM PR machine. They would wait til after the early signing period to fire someone...if not after NSD, to avoid the recruiting hit. This is big news on optics alone

CadaverDawg
12-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Werner was given a special waiver to not recruit. When Barney was fired they had to fire Werner too because Werner is not Going to go on the road to recruit. Farrar being officially fired is the big news here. Werner is just a casualty of sucking at recruiting and his DH recruiter getting fired.

Yes and no. OM would normally wait to fire Werner after the 15th, don't you think? I could agree about the "why", but the "when" makes zero sense for OM imo

GreenheadDawg
12-08-2016, 11:59 AM
I said all along that was the plan. Then when Barney was suspended I said it was falling just like I was told. Barney, well taken care of, and boosters will be the scapegoats

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if that piece of shit saves his job by being a snake

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-08-2016, 12:00 PM

I agree...looking at the release, Freeze was quoted on Werner, but there was only a mention of Farrar not being retained.

“I am grateful to Dan for his contributions to our program,” Hugh Freeze said in a statement. “His leadership and experience were invaluable in the development of our quarterbacks. These are always very difficult decisions, but at this time, I believe it is best for our program to have a fresh approach. We wish Dan and his family the very best.”

The school also announced Barney Farrar, Ole Miss' assistant athletic director for high school and junior college relations, will not have his contract renewed and is no longer a part of the staff.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
I'm totally with you.

ShotgunDawg
https://rsbakker.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

http://i.imgur.com/vzYTpPy.png

thf24
12-08-2016, 12:02 PM

That would be plausible if Werner hadn't been out with Freeze recruiting in just the past few weeks.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Freeze knows hoe important Barney is to their recruiting (from last signing day):
"Barney, I know how much you poured into it," Freeze says. "Dude, if I doubted that, it would be a bad feeling. You gave your heart and soul to it for two-and-a-half years. I know you did. If everybody put into recruiting what you did, we'd be better off. None of us, including me, put into it what you do. We don't sign A.J. Brown without you. So do not beat yourself up over that one (J Simmons). We're going to have a danged top-five class, and where we didn't hit, we've got to try and fix it."

confucius say
12-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Playing Devil's Advocate, what if they are starting to realize they are losing Cam Akers to LSU, FSU, etc. due to offensive philosophy, and thus they realize they need to make a change. Sounds short-sighted, but Akers is a big deal to Ole Miss.

The offensive philosophy is freeze's, not werners. Werner has a pro style philosophy background, not "bubble screen dink and dunk then chunk."

confucius say
12-08-2016, 12:07 PM
They announced it as Werner won't be brought back and Barney contract won't get extended. Nicest way possible to say you're fired.

Even the CL Nashville headline says "fired"

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Now they want to hire Judd Boswell to take Barney's spot. LOL

Ridiculous

confucius say
12-08-2016, 12:09 PM

Do you think their flock ever gets pissed at being lied to? Serious question. I would be pissed if I paid $ to be lied to like that.

msudawglb
12-08-2016, 12:11 PM
From a different perspective....maybe this move with Werner has to do with retaining Patterson. It wouldn't surprise me if the Patterson family demanded a change or else they were walking.

Political Hack
12-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Elitedawgs is full of crap, there is no NCAA investigation.

The investigation is limited to WBB and track.

The investigation has some football related stuff but it's all under the old staff.

The investigation of football issues is mostly related to the old staff.

They have nothing on Freeze.

The investigation is over.

There is no 2nd letter or amendment to the 1st NOA.

The Tunsil payments were a legitimate funding program.

Leo Lewis will be suspended for the Egg Bowl. We have tapes.

Barney will be reinstated soon.

The Ole Miss fan base collectively, led blindly by their fan sites, has lost their damn minds. The fact that some of these lies actually came out of their AD's mouth is even more astounding. I'd drive to Starkville and punch John Cohen in his Texas-sized gonads if he lied to us like that. If you weren't familiar with the fan base and their over the top fanaticism you wouldn't be able to believe this story. Seriously, if you hadn't followed this and someone laid out the actual timeline of statements above, you wouldn't believe that a major SEC Athletic Department has acted this way. Its 17ing amateur hour in Oxford.

WinningIsRelentless
12-08-2016, 12:12 PM

For about a 30 million dollar fine and a year suspension he will. See Jim B at Syracuse

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 12:17 PM
So that's 3 down. I was hearing 2-4 before the EB. Now it may be as many as 5 but he may decided to leave Batoon since he was one mentioned from before but replacing 5-6 coaches with NCAA tightening the noose so to speak may be more than they can handle.

Jarius
12-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Will someone that has access to the spirit please let us know how they are reacting to Farrar being fired? After Yancy said he would be reinstated I would love to know if any of them are mad at him.

msstatelp1
12-08-2016, 12:47 PM

Not an insider but I don't think there's any way the NCAA let's Freeze slide. If they do there goes "the Head Coach is responsible for everything" policy. Plus he's already directly tied to violations in the 1st NOA. Wonder how many they've found since then?

Dawgface
12-08-2016, 12:51 PM
This is a Good Thing... **

lol

The end is near. 9 over 3. Happy days are here again...........

Spiderman
12-08-2016, 01:04 PM

Ridiculous

first thing I figured they would try to do.

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Not an insider but I don't think there's any way the NCAA let's Freeze slide. If they do there goes "the Head Coach is responsible for everything" policy. Plus he's already directly tied to violations in the 1st NOA. Wonder how many they've found since then?

I hope he gets show caused just to prove what a snake in the grass he is. But if he stays I won't be too torn up. This season showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that without his hired guns he can't put a winning product on the field. And if they get hammered on schollies and a bowl ban they will be having recruiting classes like they are putting together now and they won't win 5 games a year. That will get him fired. So Freeze is gone either way. Just a matter of is it directly due to the NCAA next year or 2-3 years down the road when he can't put together a team that would compete with a junior high.

RougeDawg
12-08-2016, 01:14 PM

They've been caught and turned in recently by at least two recruits. Hearing the Brennan visit was somewhat of a NCAA sting operation. One other recruit has turned over the good to them this year also, and I think he will sign with us.

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2016, 01:15 PM

GREAT POST!

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 01:19 PM
first thing I figured they would try to do.

Look, Cam is a great player, but he's a RB.

Running backs simply aren't ultra-valuable players & not worth selling the farm for within the context of the game of football.

Leonard Fournette is the most talented RB to come into the college game in years & it's debatable how much better he actually made LSU's football team.

msstatelp1
12-08-2016, 01:29 PM
I hope he gets show caused just to prove what a snake in the grass he is. But if he stays I won't be too torn up. This season showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that without his hired guns he can't put a winning product on the field. And if they get hammered on schollies and a bowl ban they will be having recruiting classes like they are putting together now and they won't win 5 games a year. That will get him fired. So Freeze is gone either way. Just a matter of is it directly due to the NCAA next year or 2-3 years down the road when he can't put together a team that would compete with a junior high.

At first I was on the Fire Freeze boat but I've come around to the idea of keeping him and making them suffer longer. Plus if he stays I'm sure that increases the odds of repeat offender status.

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 01:36 PM
They've been caught and turned in recently by at least two recruits. Hearing the Brennan visit was somewhat of a NCAA sting operation. One other recruit has turned over the good to them this year also, and I think he will sign with us.

Yep. And Chuck or David now is alluding to something I posted a week or so back about Barney's administrative leave had to do with him sending a text to a burner phone that the NCAA had. This is not the direct quote but from someone stating what they said:

My understanding is the 'impermissible contact'was on a 'burner phone'. If so, it is 'impermissible contact' & in essence, a cover-up & fits the narrative we are intentional cheaters & liars.

If they said something different, someone please correct me. But they will not stop to actually conclude an investigation but with their reality of a recruiting title completely blown to bits, NOW they are trying to clean house. And they will try to save Freeze if they can. Don't think it will work but they won't fire him until they have no choice

Reason2succeed
12-08-2016, 01:47 PM
At first I was on the Fire Freeze boat but I've come around to the idea of keeping him and making them suffer longer. Plus if he stays I'm sure that increases the odds of repeat offender status.

I am with you. If the rebels think they got away with something they will continue and get the death penalty. I want nothing better for such a great group of people.

Spiderman
12-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Was Barney even mentioned in the 1st letter?

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 01:51 PM

Nope. This spiral out of control from the Tunsil draft night fiasco. Tunsil, the gift that keeps on giving

PassInterference
12-08-2016, 01:53 PM
If I remember right, there were a lot of redacted staff names.

Political Hack
12-08-2016, 01:53 PM

Knowing generally how these things work, I have a feeling they found out that Barney had a phone he uses to communicate with players (possibly recruits) that the NCAA was unaware of.

RougeDawg
12-08-2016, 01:59 PM
They'd be better served to just announce the 1 or 2 coaches who haven't been implicated and will be retained.

Eta. If there are any clean coaches. At this point that may be a stretch.

Spiderman
12-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Nope. This spiral out of control from the Tunsil draft night fiasco. Tunsil, the gift that keeps on giving

So other coaches are named in Level 1 violations, that OM has ADMITTED to........ Yet Ole Barn gets fired?

Tunsil becoming my favorite Rebel of all time.

Bet the Rev wishes he had not introduced Tunsil to that certain someone in the lobby of the Inn that Saturday night on his official visit, right now, and just let him mosey on to Georgia where he belonged.

And I find it beyond belief that the Tunsil housing arrangements are not front and center of the whole thing. Lindsey must have gotten spooked by IRS threats.

JoseBrown
12-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Chris Brooks, for what it worth, said on the radio a little while ago he expected 2-3 additional coaches to be canned by Old Siss...

louisvilledawg
12-08-2016, 02:08 PM

Ridiculous

Judd Boswell???

No honest, smart, upstanding Louisvillian would EVER coach for TSUN

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Chris Brooks, for what it worth, said on the radio a little while ago he expected 2-3 additional coaches to be canned by Old Siss...

Ha. He just reading what I and others have been posting here

fader2103
12-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Sean Patterson will be the next QB coach at UM

RougeDawg
12-08-2016, 03:20 PM
OM guy I know says these firings are due to offensive woes and not wanting to recruit.

Bubb Rubb
12-08-2016, 03:22 PM
OM guy I know says these firings are due to offensive woes and not wanting to recruit.

Of course he does. Whistling past the graveyard again.

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 03:27 PM

Bwahahaha. Delusional douche. Barney was THE Recruiter. What idiots

I seen it dawg
12-08-2016, 03:30 PM
**** those guys

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 03:33 PM
**** those guys

I'm disappointed. I thought for sure you would change it to, **** those shitbirds!