PDA

View Full Version : Charles shuts down recruitment- Hev misses out on top OL recruit aGAIN

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:02 PM
We have signed the top Mississippi HS OL recruit just once with Hev as coach- Devon Desper...thank goodness Croom delivered Gabe Jackson- but he wasnt even the top rated that year- Shon Coleman was and signed with Auburn.

Hopefully T-Buck can find us a couple in Fla. Top 5 OL in Miss? We have 1 of them

msstate7
12-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Isn't Charles from Louisiana?

civildawg
12-07-2016, 11:05 PM
I mean it's just expected at this point. Why we don't go to the Midwest and find some cornbread fed boys is beyond me.

confucius say
12-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Reaching man. Is anybody surprised a guy is signing with his home state team? Ask Charles where he is from and he doesn't say Mississippi, he says Louisiana.

And off topic, but good luck to the kid. He was an average high school ol this year.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 11:09 PM
I mean it's just expected at this point. Why we don't go to the Midwest and find some cornbread fed boys is beyond me.

I don't understand it either. Just find 5 every year that want to play in the SEC. If seriously just go see who Wisconsin offered and see if they're interested.

Bothrops
12-07-2016, 11:14 PM
We have signed the top Mississippi HS OL recruit just once with Hev as coach- Devon Desper...thank goodness Croom delivered Gabe Jackson- but he wasnt even the top rated that year- Shon Coleman was and signed with Auburn.

Hopefully T-Buck can find us a couple in Fla. Top 5 OL in Miss? We have 1 of them

We have a really difficult time pulling anybody from non surrounding states. We may lose that DE from Miami to Tennessee now.

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:14 PM
He plays at MRA- Mississippi kid

confucius say
12-07-2016, 11:15 PM
He plays at MRA- Mississippi kid

Wrong. Ask him and he will tell you.

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Wrong. Ask him and he will tell you.

so he doesnt play at MRA???? Because I can prove he does

On top of that- of the top 5 in the state of Mississippi- they are all committed. We have 1 of them

Ari Gold
12-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Great Post
And I don't care if the kid says he is from ****ing Hawaii he is playing at MRA and we had the majority of his family pro state .
Hell Suggs is originally from the Jackson area . But he is still and out of state pull for us .. thank you Tbuck and Coach Austin..
I don't think anyone is asking to get the highest rated lineman every year from Miss. but hell every other year would be
Nice
And it's not like we are grabbing talent out of state that produce year in year out .

Bottom line .. make an adjustment with the OL coach .. either tell Hev to take the ****ing train or bring in a guard/ center guy that can recruit and coach and give Hev T and TE .. it's not that hard .

And most of all give the lazy mother ****er a pay cut.

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Hev needs to start producing more. No question about it. Was he the lead recruiter?

Todd4State
12-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Great Post
And I don't care if the kid says he is from ****ing Hawaii he is playing at MRA and we had the majority of his family pro state .
Hell Suggs is originally from the Jackson area . But he is still and out of state pull for us .. thank you Tbuck and Coach Austin..
I don't think anyone is asking to get the highest rated lineman every year from Miss. but hell every other year would be
Nice
And it's not like we are grabbing talent out of state that produce year in year out .

Bottom line .. make an adjustment with the OL coach .. either tell Hev to take the ****ing train or bring in a guard/ center guy that can recruit and coach and give Hev T and TE .. it's not that hard .

And most of all give the lazy mother ****er a pay cut.

I like the C/G guy and then Hevesy to T/TE idea.

Todd4State
12-07-2016, 11:35 PM
Hev needs to start producing more. No question about it. Was he the lead recruiter?

The message board deflectors will say no but as a position coach Hevesy absolutely is involved. I remember when Charles first committed to LSU- his comment was something to the effect of "I heard from LSU more". There is your problem with our o-line recruiting.

Ari Gold
12-07-2016, 11:37 PM

It doesn't matter who the lead recruiter is or the area he has if the position coach that kid has to play for doesn't want to play for that coach ..

Ari Gold
12-07-2016, 11:39 PM
I like the C/G guy and then Hevesy to T/TE idea.

It solves 2 problems
You get another OL coach and we can finally after it being talked about for years move sallach to office gig somewhere

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 11:41 PM
It doesn't matter who the lead recruiter is or the area he has if the position coach that kid has to play for doesn't want to play for that coach ..

I agree. Was just wondering if he was the guy we had on the front line or if it was someone else. Based on history, I figured it had to be someone else since we did actually seem to get back in the mix with him for a bit.

confucius say
12-07-2016, 11:44 PM

On top of that- of the top 5 in the state of Mississippi- they are all committed. We have 1 of them

You're a smart guy. Surely you can tell from this thread that what you are wrong about (according to me) is not that he plays at mra but you're labeling him as a "Mississippi kid." He will tell you himself he is from Louisiana and is a Louisiana boy.

Hevesy sucks as a recruiter. You dont need Charles as ammo to convince anybody of that. But selling Charles as a Mississippi kid is a lie at worst, and intellectually dishonest at best. There are plenty of Hevesy failures you could choose from.

msstate7
12-07-2016, 11:48 PM
You're a smart guy. Surely you can tell from this thread that what you are wrong about (according to me) is not that he plays at mra but you're labeling him as a "Mississippi kid." He will tell you himself he is from Louisiana and is a Louisiana boy.

Hevesy sucks as a recruiter. You dont need Charles as ammo to convince anybody of that. But selling Charles as a Mississippi kid is a lie at worst, and intellectually dishonest at best. There are plenty of Hevesy failures you could choose from.

Random is just pissed bc Mullen isn't going anywhere. Random has signed his Sunday morning write ups with "in sexton I trust" for most the year. Sorry random, Mullen is our coach and I'm happy about... sulk all you want, it won't change it. Extension pending.

Thick
12-07-2016, 11:50 PM
It was between us and LSU, but LSU is his dream offer. He's originally from Louisiana. Maybe if LSU hired someone other then Orgeron where the staff was completely turned over, we could have snagged him. I've seen him play the last 2 years....yawn.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 12:03 AM
I've got an idea:

What would it take to work out a Wommack/Farrar deal with us finding a way for Hev to coach but not recruit?

What would be the circumstances needed for this to happen?

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Some say that Gainer is better than Charles. FWIW

Cooterpoot
12-08-2016, 12:06 AM
Who have been the best MS HS OL in the SEC the last 8 years? I can't think of any good ones. Jackson and Jerry seem like the last couple.

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 12:08 AM
It was between us and LSU, but LSU is his dream offer. He's originally from Louisiana. Maybe if LSU hired someone other then Orgeron where the staff was completely turned over, we could have snagged him. I've seen him play the last 2 years....yawn.

How many top players dream offers are MSU ? Ole Miss?
Was Lashely dream offer Alabama that's why he couldn't resist going there ?
Was Rod Taylor and Javon Patterson dream offer Umiss?

RP is just makin a really good point . If we are getting the top DL ( Simmons / Jones ) the top Safty (Peters) the top LBs (Lewis , Green) etc.. what's stopping us from landing the ONE top OL ?? Pretty simple answer ..

Cooterpoot
12-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Also, If Charles is the best in MS this year, then MS doesn't have any good OL. He's very average.

Cooterpoot
12-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Taylor was a package deal and Patterson was the blindside 2.0.

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Who have been the best MS HS OL in the SEC the last 8 years? I can't think of any good ones. Jackson and Jerry seem like the last couple.

Ok. So what does that also tell you,,,, go and get out of state guys. He isnt doing that either.
Everyone knows how we got Reese last year right ? I'm sure it was discussed on here

msstate7
12-08-2016, 12:16 AM
How many top players dream offers are MSU ? Ole Miss?
Was Lashely dream offer Alabama that's why he couldn't resist going there ?
Was Rod Taylor and Javon Patterson dream offer Umiss?

RP is just makin a really good point . If we are getting the top DL ( Simmons / Jones ) the top Safty (Peters) the top LBs (Lewis , Green) etc.. what's stopping us from landing the ONE top OL ?? Pretty simple answer ..

Didn't hev land jones?

Dawgtini
12-08-2016, 12:19 AM

Put the shovel down

Really Clark?
12-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Look I'm pretty pro coaches with our staff. And I have and can still defend Hev as a good OL coach multiple times since he has been here. Took longer than I would like this year but they turned into a pretty good group this year. But has been an albatross as a recruiter. I am fine with an OL coach not being a great recruiter because it starts and ends with coaching at that position and there are not a lot of good recruiters as an OL coach. While he has actually been better this year in recruiting, his recruiting has been an issue for us. I would still really consider giving J B Grimes a call since he may not have a job since Tub has resigned. If he is a good fit for us, he has a good reputation and knows the area very well.

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Didn't hev land jones?

No no and no... the pic he tweeted out with himself Dak and Jones trying to self gloss himself was a ****ing joke.
It may have been his "recruiting area" at the time but he had very little if anything for those 2 being here
Just like he has very little / zero to do with the Colin boys coming here .

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 02:13 AM
Some say that Gainer is better than Charles. FWIW

Gainer is a legit center prospect and Suggs is a legit left tackle prospect. Thankfully both are in T-Buck's area. The thing is we really need three more like them in this class. Charles would have helped with that.

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 02:14 AM
Look I'm pretty pro coaches with our staff. And I have and can still defend Hev as a good OL coach multiple times since he has been here. Took longer than I would like this year but they turned into a pretty good group this year. But has been an albatross as a recruiter. I am fine with an OL coach not being a great recruiter because it starts and ends with coaching at that position and there are not a lot of good recruiters as an OL coach. While he has actually been better this year in recruiting, his recruiting has been an issue for us. I would still really consider giving J B Grimes a call since he may not have a job since Tub has resigned. If he is a good fit for us, he has a good reputation and knows the area very well.

I'd go with Will Friend at Colorado State.

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 02:16 AM

Jenkins has really good potential. He's starting to look like a badass.

lastmajordog
12-08-2016, 07:15 AM

I don’t know how it will shake out or where he will fit.... but Brad Peterson COULD be the recruiting man........

1bigdawg
12-08-2016, 08:13 AM

This is what Urban Meyer did with Hev. He brought in Addazio as the center/guard guy and made Hev the T/TE coach. The next year, he gave Addazio the whole OL and made Hev the TE coach. Speculation is that the reason Meyer did not fire him was that Mullen was going to bat for him.

archdog
12-08-2016, 08:13 AM
I don't understand it either. Just find 5 every year that want to play in the SEC. If seriously just go see who Wisconsin offered and see if they're interested.

And Arkansas. Easy to put together a OL target list.

msstate7
12-08-2016, 08:38 AM
I'm certainly not the biggest Hev fan out there, but here's some of our oline stats...

All rankings are in sec

'14...
58% runs
rushing offense = 3rd
Rushing yds/att = 3rd
Sacks allowed = 7th
TFL allowed = 3rd
Total offense = 1st

'15...
46% runs
Rushing offense = 12th
Rushing yds/att = 8th
Sacks allowed = 12th
TFL allowed = 3rd
Total offense = 3rd

'16...
57% runs
Rushing offense = 5th
Rushing yds/att = 4th
Sacks allowed = 2nd
TFL allowed = 4th
Total offense = 6th

Seems our oline has been pretty solid when we commit to the run. I think we'll have the best overall collection of talent on the oline next season that we've had under Mullen... some will be young, but I think the oline is trending up. Need to land Hayes and another solid HSer

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm certainly not the biggest Hev fan out there, but here's some of our oline stats...

All rankings are in sec

'14...
58% runs
rushing offense = 3rd
Rushing yds/att = 3rd
Sacks allowed = 7th
TFL allowed = 3rd
Total offense = 1st

'15...
46% runs
Rushing offense = 12th
Rushing yds/att = 8th
Sacks allowed = 12th
TFL allowed = 3rd
Total offense = 3rd

'16...
57% runs
Rushing offense = 5th
Rushing yds/att = 4th
Sacks allowed = 2nd
TFL allowed = 4th
Total offense = 6th

Seems our oline has been pretty solid when we commit to the run. I think we'll have the best overall collection of talent on the oline next season that we've had under Mullen... some will be young, but I think the oline is trending up. Need to land Hayes and another solid HSer

That's why we need to bring in another OL coach that can recruit. For all of Hev incompetence in recruiting he has done a good job with what he has to work with.. CDM has to see this. Hev has to be told this. And if he doesn't like it like I said Take the train

bulldog2488
12-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Has anybody heard any rumblings on whether Hev will get moved around and them bring in an actual good recruiter to that position?

BB30
12-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Can anyone remember when Random started a positive thread about our football program. I am no sunshine pumper by any means but I also don't continually start threads about how terrible our program is. I have no doubts you are a State fan I just don't understand the constantly negative posts and in the past it hasn't just been football. Did Mullen do something to you personally for you to hate him so much? It can't be good for your health to just stay in a negative state of mind most of the time.

shoeless joe
12-08-2016, 10:22 AM
This is a legit beef. Hev hurts us on the recruiting trail and has cost us O lineman.

maroonmania
12-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Can anyone remember when Random started a positive thread about our football program. I am no sunshine pumper by any means but I also don't continually start threads about how terrible our program is. I have no doubts you are a State fan I just don't understand the constantly negative posts and in the past it hasn't just been football. Did Mullen do something to you personally for you to hate him so much? It can't be good for your health to just stay in a negative state of mind most of the time.

I agree. To start this whole thread is just to be negative for the sake of being negative and this thread is garbage. First, who even really knows if Charles is the top OL in the State? Just someone's opinion on THE toughest position to project into college. Second, what's the point of this? To convince folks that Hevesy is a terrible recruiter? Is there really anyone at this stage that needs convincing? Does anyone on this board have the authority or ability to replace our OL coach? Is Mullen EVER going to dump Hevesy until he is forced to with the threat of his own job? NO. So this thread is just piling on and should be locked or removed.