PDA

View Full Version : LOL at today on this board

Todd4State
12-07-2016, 09:14 PM
And I don?t intend for this to be inflammatory and no, I do not claim to be ?in the know? nor do I try to pretend to be.

1. I?m glad that Dan made a statement that he is going to stay at MSU. That?s good for us, and it?s good for recruiting. Dan made a statement last year- but it was pretty half assed. And it was made at least a week after the rumors to Miami- sorry Liver that has been confirmed by several web sites. This time the statement was made within 48 hours of the rumor and there was no discussion of an extension with MSU last year- which is a statement that will now shoot down any other rumors that may occur in the future so that this isn?t a constant thing with other schools like Maryland popping up. In short, we handled it a LOT better this year. Thank you Jimmy Sexton and maybe John Cohen. Let?s see how recruiting finishes up this year and compare to last year but I think we will see a marked difference.
2. I want the Dan that coached us in November to stay. The Dan that coached the first two months and lost to South Alabama, Kentucky, BYU and looked like garbage against UMass and Samford can go run a marathon. Last year I said it would be best for us if Dan left on his own- and I said that because I didn?t think he could turn it around. But thankfully for him and us, he proved me wrong the last month after proving me right the first two. I hope that the asshole Dan that we all know and love and stomps Ole Miss 55-20 in Oxford and lights a cigar is here for the duration of his career here however long that is. Or he can go coach at U T CHATTANOOGA.
3. I?ve seen people on here say- ?Does Dan have to release a statement every time a rumor pops up?? Yes. Yes he does. Why? That?s in our best interests if he does. And if he has to release a statement every year, so be it. Every other school has coaches that release statements when those rumors pop up because they disrupt the stability of a football program. Don?t believe me? Ask Les Miles about his ?Damn fine football team.? If LSU has to release a statement like that, you better believe that we?re not above it either.
4. Would I rather him say that he would leave in a pinebox? Yes I would. It?s better than ?I don?t talk about other jobs.? I don?t care if he is lying or not. If he wants to leave and takes another job, so be it. I want a coach that wants to be here. It?s no different than Cohen telling people and recruits that the AD rumors were BS. I wasn?t pissed off at him for that. And I liked Cohen as a baseball coach- but if he doesn?t want to be our baseball coach, then I?m fine with him moving on to AD or whatever. Same thing applies to Dan.
5. Don?t you think Dan should look out for his well being? Haven?t you looked for another job before? I am fine with Dan looking for other jobs. But it needs to be done discreetly. And yes, I have personally looked for other jobs myself. I have never broadcasted that to my co-workers at work. If it leaks out that Dan is looking at another job, I expect it to be managed.
6. There is a reason why Dan hired Jimmy Sexton. It?s because his last agent completely mismanaged his offseason last year and Keenum let Dan know about it. Kudos to Dan for taking the proper steps to manage his situation better.
7. Hack is right when he says that we should be happy that this has been taken care of this soon. Best post I?ve seen all day. Let?s get over who is ?right? or ?wrong? who knows what and has inside info and who doesn?t and go support our team kicking Miami and Manny Diaz?s traitor ass** in the St. Petersburg Bowl. And then let?s go clean up the rest of the best recruits in Mississippi and Keytaeon Thompson.

Bodaski
12-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Let?s get over who is ?right? or ?wrong? who knows what and has inside info and who doesn?t and go support our team kicking Miami and Manny Diaz?s traitor ass** in the St. Petersburg Bowl. And then let?s go clean up the rest of the best recruits in Mississippi and Keytaeon Thompson.

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

you did good on everything except you've got the wrong Miami. We play Miami of Ohio.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Long but great post, Todd! The only one that knows the truth about the ongoings with Dan Mullen is Dan Mullen. Every other rumor about him either way is second hand or worst info. Unless you've spoken to Dan in person there's no way to know. Excellent points, Todd!

Dawg61
12-07-2016, 09:41 PM
I had a question but you took them all

CadaverDawg
12-07-2016, 09:52 PM
And I don?t intend for this to be inflammatory and no, I do not claim to be ?in the know? nor do I try to pretend to be.

1. I?m glad that Dan made a statement that he is going to stay at MSU. That?s good for us, and it?s good for recruiting. Dan made a statement last year- but it was pretty half assed. And it was made at least a week after the rumors to Miami- sorry Liver that has been confirmed by several web sites. This time the statement was made within 48 hours of the rumor and there was no discussion of an extension with MSU last year- which is a statement that will now shoot down any other rumors that may occur in the future so that this isn?t a constant thing with other schools like Maryland popping up. In short, we handled it a LOT better this year. Thank you Jimmy Sexton and maybe John Cohen. Let?s see how recruiting finishes up this year and compare to last year but I think we will see a marked difference.
2. I want the Dan that coached us in November to stay. The Dan that coached the first two months and lost to South Alabama, Kentucky, BYU and looked like garbage against UMass and Samford can go run a marathon. Last year I said it would be best for us if Dan left on his own- and I said that because I didn?t think he could turn it around. But thankfully for him and us, he proved me wrong the last month after proving me right the first two. I hope that the asshole Dan that we all know and love and stomps Ole Miss 55-20 in Oxford and lights a cigar is here for the duration of his career here however long that is. Or he can go coach at U T CHATTANOOGA.
3. I?ve seen people on here say- ?Does Dan have to release a statement every time a rumor pops up?? Yes. Yes he does. Why? That?s in our best interests if he does. And if he has to release a statement every year, so be it. Every other school has coaches that release statements when those rumors pop up because they disrupt the stability of a football program. Don?t believe me? Ask Les Miles about his ?Damn fine football team.? If LSU has to release a statement like that, you better believe that we?re not above it either.
4. Would I rather him say that he would leave in a pinebox? Yes I would. It?s better than ?I don?t talk about other jobs.? I don?t care if he is lying or not. If he wants to leave and takes another job, so be it. I want a coach that wants to be here. It?s no different than Cohen telling people and recruits that the AD rumors were BS. I wasn?t pissed off at him for that. And I liked Cohen as a baseball coach- but if he doesn?t want to be our baseball coach, then I?m fine with him moving on to AD or whatever. Same thing applies to Dan.
5. Don?t you think Dan should look out for his well being? Haven?t you looked for another job before? I am fine with Dan looking for other jobs. But it needs to be done discreetly. And yes, I have personally looked for other jobs myself. I have never broadcasted that to my co-workers at work. If it leaks out that Dan is looking at another job, I expect it to be managed.
6. There is a reason why Dan hired Jimmy Sexton. It?s because his last agent completely mismanaged his offseason last year and Keenum let Dan know about it. Kudos to Dan for taking the proper steps to manage his situation better.
7. Hack is right when he says that we should be happy that this has been taken care of this soon. Best post I?ve seen all day. Let?s get over who is ?right? or ?wrong? who knows what and has inside info and who doesn?t and go support our team kicking Miami and Manny Diaz?s traitor ass** in the St. Petersburg Bowl. And then let?s go clean up the rest of the best recruits in Mississippi and Keytaeon Thompson.

#BeatTheU

Did you really think we were playing the Miami Hurricanes? And you're giving advice on how Mullen should do his job. Makes sense.

You're right though, we all need to get behind Dan regardless of his statements, and pull the damn rope.

Turfdawg67
12-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Rumor is that Sexton is positioning Dan for the Notre Dame job next year. Need a presser ASAP that some drunk fan in P'cola (me) is wrong. Wouldn't want a recruit or an Ole Miss lurker to pick it up and run with it!

tireddawg
12-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Good post Todd, but is your space bar broke?

blacklistedbully
12-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Rumor is that Sexton is positioning Dan for the Notre Dame job next year. Need a presser ASAP that some drunk fan in P'cola (me) is wrong. Wouldn't want a recruit or an Ole Miss lurker to pick it up and run with it!

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Sorry, but it's been my observation the "other side" is the one that has to keep coming back telling us we are, "stupid", "the worst fans", "morons", and every name in the book, as well as claim some kind of ridiculous, unearned "victory", for instance if Dan doesn't get the job, as if that proves we were wrong for wanting him to dispel the rumors.

Yes, I've dropped some insults as well, but not before it's dropped on me first.

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 10:44 PM
#BeatTheU

Did you really think we were playing the Miami Hurricanes? And you're giving advice on how Mullen should do his job. Makes sense.

You're right though, we all need to get behind Dan regardless of his statements, and pull the damn rope.

I think based on the sarcasterisks (which were hard to find amongst all the question marks) that Todd is aware that we are playing Miami of Ohio.

Ari Gold
12-08-2016, 12:44 AM
He did today exactly what I Seen It Dawg told him he needed to do yesterday .
Maybe I'm not the only Super ****ing Agent on this board

dawgday166
12-08-2016, 06:58 AM

Good post Todd. Not sure he's "turned it around" just yet tho. While I feel much better that we thumped OM ... they be a very bad team. I'm waiting to see what next year brings before I raise my expectations any (and they low right now).

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Good post Todd. Not sure he's "turned it around" just yet tho. While I feel much better that we thumped OM ... they be a very bad team. I'm waiting to see what next year brings before I raise my expectations any (and they low right now).

There was also Texas A&M though and we hung 42 on Arkansas. That factors into my opinion as well as the 55 on Ole Miss.

maroonmania
12-08-2016, 11:13 AM

Very true, the Egg Bowl did NOT fix all of our problems. We still have MAJOR issues on defense that if not corrected, will have us back around the 5-6 win mark again next year. We also have NO reliable FG kicker and we have to find replacements on offense for 3 starting senior OL and Fred Ross.

dawgday166
12-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Very true, the Egg Bowl did NOT fix all of our problems. We still have MAJOR issues on defense that if not corrected, will have us back around the 5-6 win mark again next year. We also have NO reliable FG kicker and we have to find replacements on offense for 3 starting senior OL and Fred Ross.

Yep. Mullen and the Country Club better be doing some relentless straining in the off-season. We don't need to take 7 or so games to figure these things out next year.