PDA

View Full Version : Pro scout that knows Mullen claims Dan put proposal together for Oregon

lamont
12-07-2016, 09:04 PM
on what he would do as their coach. Says he absolutely worked hard to get it....does he have an agenda too?

https://twitter.com/LandryFootball/status/806640166014173184

https://twitter.com/LandryFootball/status/806558481994186752

https://twitter.com/LandryFootball/status/806469198155288578

ckDOG
12-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Mullen wants a raise or the same money with an easier path to winning. What coach doesn't want either of those things?

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Well, if true, Oregon's AD is an absolute idiot for hiring Willie Taggart over Dan Mullen.

Their resumes aren't close to similar

NOW, it could've been a situation where Mullen wasn't leaving MSU for less that what he's making now, & Oregon made a financial decision.

If that's the case, it's tough to blame Mullen. At least he loves his job at MSU enough to not take a pay cut to coach somewhere else.

civildawg
12-07-2016, 09:13 PM
20 pages

Gutter Cobreh
12-07-2016, 09:15 PM
So recruiting (or lack thereof) bites Mullen in the end at Orgeon...Kind of like it did here last year...

Todd4State
12-07-2016, 09:18 PM
So recruiting (or lack thereof) bites Mullen in the end at Orgeon...Kind of like it did here last year...

As I said, I hope that gets back to Dan and is a wake up call for him. Because that will help us out tremendously.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 09:19 PM
I wonder how long this "putting together a good plan took". Hope it didn't take him away from recruiting

preachermatt83
12-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Lol... U are aware that Landry as known as a joke right?

EngDawg
12-07-2016, 09:23 PM
#agenda

defiantdog
12-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Sorry RP, but this claim is completely false. This pro scout is reaching. He's trying to create another Miami situation in hopes people will listen.

Spiderman
12-07-2016, 09:24 PM
on what he would do as their coach. Says he absolutely worked hard to get it....does he have an agenda too?

I got a better source than that guy. Mullen wasn't going to Oregon, offer or no offer.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-07-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm sure Mullen had plans for a move. You don't just become a top 2 finalist for a job on accident. Now whether or not he was offered the job or not who knows. But people are blind if they don't believe that he was definitely interested in the opportunity

TXDawg
Dude...you need to STFU.

Let's see...Chris Landry...LSU grad...lives in Baton Rouge...SURELY he doesn't have an agenda since LSU is trying to flip our QB recruit.

This is the kind of crap that hurts our recruiting more than anything else. Just stop.

Gutter Cobreh
Lol... U are aware that Landry as known as a joke right?

It's on the internet damnit....have you not been reading thread after thread of dillusion on here today??? If so, you would know it's all true....

In all honesty, I do trust this source over Random...

Covercorner2
12-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Dude has more than twice as many tweets than he does followers. Lol.

EngDawg
12-07-2016, 09:27 PM

^Nafoom

EngDawg
12-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Dude...you need to STFU.

Let's see...Chris Landry...LSU grad...lives in Baton Rouge...SURELY he doesn't have an agenda since LSU is trying to flip our QB recruit.

This is the kind of crap that hurts our recruiting more than anything else. Just stop.

Please, and don't pretend like these ramblings don't have an effect. Recruits do look at these sites.

DownwardDawg
12-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Please stop. Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

DancingRabbit
12-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Did Dan email this proposal or fax it?

Never heard of this guy.

msstate7
I find it interesting this guy all-the-sudden knows everything about Oregon picking taggart, but puts out nothing the last few days. Usually you have more credibility if you put things out before they happen, not after

DownwardDawg

This may be a good idea.

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Well, if true, Oregon's AD is an absolute idiot for hiring Willie Taggart over Dan Mullen.

Their resumes aren't close to similar

NOW, it could've been a situation where Mullen wasn't leaving MSU for less that what he's making now, & Oregon made a financial decision.

If that's the case, it's tough to blame Mullen. At least he loves his job at MSU enough to not take a pay cut to coach somewhere else.

Oregon could have paid the money and then some with absolutely no problem whatsoever. And they are one of only about 10 - 12 schools who could do so. There is also not a better fit in all of college football for how Oregon wants to run their program than Dan Mullen (except Meyer, but he ain't going anywhere). It's all BS. You don't fire a guy after one bad year and then start nickel and diming on the replacement anyway.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Oregon could have paid the money and then some with absolutely no problem whatsoever. And they are one of only about 10 - 12 schools who could do so. There is also not a better fit in all of college football for how Oregon wants to run their program than Dan Mullen (except Meyer, but he ain't going anywhere). It's all BS. You don't fire a guy after one bad year and then start nickel and diming on the replacement anyway.

Agree.

It doesn't add up. If Mullen wanted to be the head coach at Oregon, Dan Mullen would've been the head coach at Oregon. You don't turn down Dan Mullen to hire Willie Taggart. That's asinine.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Agree.

It doesn't add up. If Mullen wanted to be the head coach at Oregon, Dan Mullen would've been the head coach at Oregon. You don't turn down Dan Mullen to hire Willie Taggart. That's asinine.

Yep!

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Rando looking at the view count of this thread like

http://i.imgur.com/AMT1BzH.jpg

lamont
12-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Agree.

Based on what?

Taggart has turned 2 programs around and won 10 games this season. Mullen went 5-7 and lost to South Alabama this year. Western Kentucky went 0-12 the year before Taggart took over. South Florida was awful before he got there- now won 10 games. Taggart is every bit the coach Mullen has been

The scout mentioned Mullen's lack of recruiting- which is a widely known knock on him.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Over/Under 10 pages. What you got?

Cooterpoot
12-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Somebody can't handle being wrong. Again.

bulldawg28
12-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Random is becoming a master troller to his own fan base. I guess trolling the rival isn't fid enough anymore.

CadaverDawg
Jesus. For the love of God, just stop.

lamont
Somebody can't handle being wrong. Again.

Who? All the evidence today points to me being dead on

Turfdawg67
12-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Based on what?

Taggart has turned 2 programs around and won 10 games this season. Mullen went 5-7 and lost to South Alabama this year. Western Kentucky went 0-12 the year before Taggart took over. South Florida was awful before he got there- now won 10 games. Taggart is every bit the coach Mullen has been

The scout mentioned Mullen's lack of recruiting- which is a widely known knock on him.

How about 40-45 and 0-2. Geez...

(17! I'm just pissed I gave this a click!).

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Random is becoming a master troller to his own fan base. I guess trolling the rival isn't fid enough anymore.

Y'all should know by now he'll carry an argument 10 years if he needs to. He won't relent if that's what you're looking for. Just ask CoastDogLover. It's taken 2 coaches changes and 10+ years to get them to stop arguing.

Turfdawg67
12-07-2016, 10:02 PM

Stop clicking on his posts! Starting... Now!

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:03 PM
How about 40-45 and 0-2. Geez...

(17! I'm just pissed I gave this a click!).

He is 40-45 due to the shit shows he took over. Both schools he turned around. Taggart took over an 0-12 team- Mullen took over a team littered with quite a few future pros

msstate7
12-07-2016, 10:03 PM

Can't stop... won't stop... Mullen is the new stansbury

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Y'all should know by now he'll carry an argument 10 years if he needs to. He won't relent if that's what you're looking for. Just ask CoastDogLover. It's taken 2 coaches changes and 10+ years to get them to stop arguing.

Gottfried got him another Sweet 16 while Stands is still trying to get there

CadaverDawg
12-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Love how the same guy that talks about how Ole Miss's strength as a fan base is their ability to pull the rope in the same direction....is the very one trying to split our fanbase apart with stuff like this.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Gottfried got him another Sweet 16 while Stands is still trying to get there

Lmao.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2016, 10:12 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ahqch5fZMA1Py/giphy.gif

Dawgtini
12-07-2016, 10:17 PM
When you find yourself in a hole, put the shovel down.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Love how the same guy that talks about how Ole Miss's strength as a fan base is their ability to pull the rope in the same direction....is the very one trying to split our fanbase apart with stuff like this.

Great point

Rando, what's you motivation here?

Do you think MSU should expect a better coach than what we have?

Commercecomet24
12-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Stop clicking on his posts! Starting... Now!

I think that's the only way it'll ever end. It's like the kid that craves attention and will do or say anything to get it. It used to just be semi amusing but, It's really reaching absurdity now

Commercecomet24
12-07-2016, 10:21 PM

Yeah I thought the mission of this board when it was created was to control the message in our favor. Guess that got derailed.

gravedigger
12-07-2016, 10:21 PM
He is 40-45 due to the shit shows he took over. Both schools he turned around. Taggart took over an 0-12 team- Mullen took over a team littered with quite a few future pros

My God man. Mullen took over a program IN THE SEC WEST in the midst of its strongest time, coming off a horrible coach preeceeded by probation.

What in THE hell are you trying to argue?

99jc
12-07-2016, 10:25 PM

Nm

tireddawg
12-07-2016, 10:26 PM
My God man. Mullen took over a program IN THE SEC WEST in the midst of its strongest time, coming off a horrible coach preeceeded by probation.

My thoughts exactly. Did Mullen turn it around quicker?

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Great point
Do you think MSU should expect a better coach than what we have?

Old saying: Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining. Sick of the bullshit from Mullen and the CBB's.

The Egg Bowl win was great and all- but we are 5-and ****ing 7. And we will be picked to finish last in the SEC for the 3rd straight season. We have 2 straight 6th place finishes and are praying these jucos will help get us to 6 or 7 wins in 2017. It took Brandon Holloway getting hurt to the point he was unable to play for our season to get better.

The thing is- I dont blame Mullen for trying to get the Oregon job- its a good job. I was much more angry about him interviewing for the Miami job during Egg Bowl week in 2015. But let's not act like he didnt try to get it. He missed out on his 5th job attempt (Miami twice, Penn State, Georgia, and Oregon) and is quickly finding out he is not a very hot commodity.

We are finally starting to branch out of Alabama and Louisiana to recruit thanks to Sirmon and T-Buck. It's taken 8 years to start recruiting like we need to. 8 damn years. Work your ass off and let's get better

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:30 PM

Mullen took over for a horrible coach that left him some talent to build on quickly. Dixon, Sherrod, Jackson, Relf, and numerous defensive players now in the NFL.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Mullen took over for a horrible coach that left him some talent to build on quickly. Dixon, Sherrod, Jackson, Relf, and numerous defensive players now in the NFL.

Relf was a nobody, and terrible before Mullen got here. Don't act like he was some kind of superstar

shoeless joe
12-07-2016, 10:41 PM
This is the time of year when I lose respect for RP. All he cares about is being rite. When, even if he is rite, there is absolutely zero positive from it...other than his ego. Only negative comes from this.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Who? All the evidence today points to me being dead on

"All of the evidence" = 3 posts from 1 guy on twitter. Got it.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2016, 10:45 PM
It's all about recruiting and everyone plays dirty even LSU. We got one of the best QB's in the entire state of Louisiana committed to us, don't think for one moment Coach O is taking that sitting down.

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Relf was a nobody, and terrible before Mullen got here. Don't act like he was some kind of superstar

Relf was an absolute bruising runner that was perfect for the Spread. Mullen absolutely made him a better passer

DancingRabbit
12-07-2016, 10:46 PM
"Sick of the bullshit from Mullen"

So you intend to try to run Mullen off, no matter how many years it takes, and the program is just collateral damage?

lamont
"All of the evidence" = 3 posts from 1 guy on twitter. Got it.

Simply not true.

Pete Thamel of SI reported Dan was a candidate.
Brent McMurphy of ESPN reported he was a finalist.
Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports suggested it.
Dieter Kurtenbach of Fox Sports reported he was a candidate.
Matt Bush from USA Today said, "Mullen has looked around before, having twice interviewed for the Miami vacancies." as part of his article on Dan being a candidate.
Former Oregon HC Mike Belotti said Dan was an ideal candidate.

THE Bruce Dickinson
Relf was an absolute bruising runner that was perfect for the Spread. Mullen absolutely made him a better passer

An absolutely bruising runner that couldn't beat out Tyson Lee in 2009.

Bucky Dog
12-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Coach, how many people have backed you up in this post, and recently? Maybe you are very smart and this is all about clicks and ads and shit, but dude you are over the top with your agenda and trying to be right. You don't get it one bit what we are trying to say. Be a true Bulldog and back the coach, in spite of any rumors, truths, lack of focus or whatever, and don't contribute to the negativity! Now I'm not saying don't voice displeasure with results or recruiting even but you have really taken the dickhead to a new level. Come on man and just give a rest!

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:48 PM
"Sick of the bullshit from Mullen"

So you intend to try to run Mullen off, no matter how many years it takes, and the program is just collateral damage?

Im not trying to run Mullen off. Im stating what has actually happened vs the BS spin. We are 5-7 and dont look to be much better next year. Did I do that or did Mullen?

msstate7
12-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Simply not true.

Matt Bush from USA Today said, "Mullen has looked around before, having twice interviewed for the Miami vacancies." as part of his article on Dan being a candidate.

Anyone got a list like this for when freeze was a candidate at Florida? Do you believe freeze was a candidate at Florida?

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Coach, how many people have backed you up in this post, and recently? Maybe you are very smart and this is all about clicks and ads and shit, but dude you are over the top with your agenda and trying to be right. You don't get it one bit what we are trying to say. Be a true Bulldog and back the coach, in spite of any rumors, truths, lack of focus or whatever, and don't contribute to the negativity! Now I'm not saying don't voice displeasure with results or recruiting even but you have really taken the dickhead to a new level. Come on man and just give a rest!

I'm not trying to be right- I'm right on this.

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:52 PM
An absolutely bruising runner that couldn't beat out Tyson Lee in 2009.

because he got suspended for failing drug tests

sorrydog
12-07-2016, 10:56 PM
So junior highish and pedestrian (it's a VERY boring soapbox you can't seem to get off of)

But when you troll Ole Miss - the Network - you are Gold!!

Give us more of the good stuff!

Bucky Dog
12-07-2016, 10:57 PM

Maybe, but what good does it do??!!!

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Simply not true.

People suggesting that he may be a candidate does not mean he was actively pursuing the job.

Also your last 2 lines there are absolutely worthless. Just because someone has looked around in the past, doesn't mean they are leaving or trying to leave. Saban almost took the NYG job last year, but didnt end up with it. Does that mean he is dying to leave BAMA? NO

Just because an AD says says someone is an ideal candidate doesn't mean that the candidates shares the same feeling. Kate Upton is an ideal wife candidate, but unfortunately she isn't in the bed warming it up for me.

Bucky Dog
12-07-2016, 11:00 PM

And like I said in another thread, do you think it may have been set up by Sexton to have leverage for extension?! It's business and maybe you should just be a little more less right on purpose!

yjnkdawg
12-07-2016, 11:05 PM
This is the time of year when I lose respect for RP. All he cares about is being rite. When, even if he is rite, there is absolutely zero positive from it...other than his ego. Only negative comes from this.

True. All it can accomplish is hurting our football program. If that's what he wants to do, then he is doing an excellent job so proceed on.

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:05 PM
And like I said in another thread, do you think it may have been set up by Sexton to have leverage for extension?! It's business and maybe you should just be a little more less right on purpose!

No- because his looking around last year was the very reason he didnt get an extension

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2016, 11:09 PM
because he got suspended for failing drug tests

He recorded stats in all but 2 games in 2009, including the first 5. Nice try, though.

EAVdog
12-07-2016, 11:10 PM
If Mullen wanted the Oregon job, he would be flying to the Northwest right now. Oregon has Nike money, they'd match plus his salary. No way they chose Willie Taggert over Mullen. None.

Either a. There really wasn't anything of substance to this rumor. Maybe they gauged his interest.

Or b. He told them he wanted to stay in Starkville (as bad as that may sound to some folks)

There is no other scenario.

confucius say
12-07-2016, 11:11 PM
No- because his looking around last year was the very reason he didnt get an extension

But he's getting one this year doing same thing? Interesting (not saying you're wrong on last year, just interesting).

Jarius
12-07-2016, 11:18 PM
There have been multiple media people say Mullen was a candidate for the Oregon job. I don't understand what some of you are arguing about. It's pretty clear Mullen wanted the job. It's a great job. Better than ours. Who cares? He's still here.

lamont
He recorded stats in all but 2 games in 2009, including the first 5. Nice try, though.

those 2 games are because he was suspended. He stayed in the doghouse because of it

http://djournal.com/sports/relf-suspended-so-msus-lee-goes-it-alone/

And what point will you guys finally listen?

gravedigger

Not defending rp's comments but he is saying that oregons choice was better than mullen. Now i dissagree completely b/c mullen has pulled somethig off at a school with the biggest odds against it. But rp isnt saying mullen is a bad coach. He's just pissed that mullen has been an unbelievable ass enroute to 5-7 and a tough road back to relevancy.

Poor argument. But mullen hasnt exactly earned his 4 mill either

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:19 PM
If Mullen wanted the Oregon job, he would be flying to the Northwest right now. Oregon has Nike money, they'd match plus his salary. No way they chose Willie Taggert over Mullen. None.

Either a. There really wasn't anything of substance to this rumor. Maybe they gauged his interest.

Or b. He told them he wanted to stay in Starkville (as bad as that may sound to some folks)

based on what? Taggart has turned around 2 programs to Mullen's 1 and won 10 games this season while Mullen couldnt beat South Alabama

BulldogBear
12-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Agree.

This. I've spoken with Mullen personally in the last few days. This is BS.

EAVdog
12-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Are you serious? There is no comparing resumes. WT doesn't even have a winning record with G5 teams. No experience in P5 conferences, never had a team ranked #1, not known for putting guys in the NFL. Mullen's background as a National Champion OC....

Taggert may end up being great but their resumes are light years apart. They didn't pick WT over Mullen. And they have money for days so that is no barrier.

Wade Garrett
12-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Maybe if we all say RP was right he will shut his pie hole. That seems to work when my wife argues with me.

I'll start. RP you were right.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2016, 11:31 PM
those 2 games are because he was suspended. He stayed in the doghouse because of it

http://djournal.com/sports/relf-suspended-so-msus-lee-goes-it-alone/

And what point will you guys finally listen?

He played in the first 5 games. He wasn't the starter.

The 5/11 77 yds and 0 TDs 2 Int against AU had more to do with him being in the doghouse than anything.

blacklistedbully
12-07-2016, 11:33 PM

or C. They decided Taggert has completely turned around 2 programs in short order, and is a better recruiter, so thought he was a better fit.

We don't know, and probably never will know the truth...but let's not pretend there was no other option. The same things that have frustrated a whole bunch of us over the years would be exposed by an in-depth search done by anyone looking to invest millions and their immediate future on a coach.

Nike money wants a coach that can compete for the NC. Dan has so far shown a penchant for doing things that will lose a game or two each year that we shouldn't. At MSU, the good news is the great stuff he's done has moved us up from the basement, and got us to 10 wins and a NY6 game.

But at Oregon, Nike's not going to be happy with 1-2 losses they shouldn't have.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Landry has good info but he can also have some disdain with dealing with individual insiders with opposite information. Can come off arrogant with his opinion and will not change his stance even in the face of multiple good insiders with conflicting information. Likes to pop off with how much of an insider he is, getting info from both sides, etc. But with all that info he hardly breaks any of the coaching searches before anyone else. But loves to break down "what really happened" after the fact and can be harsh if he feels one side screwed up or like in the LSU case really went after their administration. Roasted them for spinning the Jimbo and Herman turning them down. He also didn't lead with Oregeron getting LSU HC job but used good logic about what was happening in real time. When Herman was leaked as being named LSU coach, he along with several on this board at the time, said it was the agent trying to spur Texas into making a move or else he was going to LSU. Well no kidding, that wasn't exactly soothsaying.

He is connected and gets some good info and his experience allows him to make good educated guesses. Many speculated Frost was on Oregon's short list, him included but that was never the case and Frost removed himself immediately. He never knew Fleck was not an option for Oregon and not sure he ever had him as a candidate. He did say he didn't think McElwain was going to go there but claimed that if he did Stricklin was going to likely pull Mullen to Florida. Well a lot of people from the outside would make that connection and be wrong as long as Foley is still around. Mullen and Foley (and make no mistake their issues in the past were on both of them) don't get along. A lot of what he does is using 1st and 2nd degree seperation and infer what is happening. His connections are good enough that his guesses are better than many and he does get info right but not necessarily any sooner than many of other sites writers or national media. I've seen him then use the, he had to sit on the info but knew about it days ago. Maybe he did but we've all read enough message boards that we have that used as a deflection as to not really having info that much in advance of others. Nearly everything he is really accurate about is info that many have.

He has also had issues with plagiarism in the past with his blog and got busted and fired from the sports company he was with at the time. Not sure what the final settlement happened on that. He was also fired as a scout with the Titans I believe for selling their scouting reports to other teams or selling his services while under contract. Something like that. His trustworthiness is short to say the least and he has a schtick to drive his site hits.

Bothrops
12-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Sounds like the money wasn't right, if true. Taggert I think got a little over 3M, maybe 3.2. Mullen may have been chewing on about a 1M paycut. But, I still find it difficult to believe that Oregon wouldn't do a bit better for him. Just thinking out loud.

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Sounds like the money wasn't right, if true. Taggert I think got a little over 3M, maybe 3.2. Mullen may have been chewing on about a 1M paycut. But, I still find it difficult to believe that Oregon wouldn't do a bit better for him. Just thinking out loud.

Teams pay according who they hire. Bielema was payed just over 3MM when he first took the UPig job and he had 3 Rosebowls under his belt. Oregon had no need to pay Taggart 4MM....they would have paid Mullen had he been the choice

DancingRabbit
12-07-2016, 11:51 PM
"Dan has so far shown a penchant for doing things that will lose a game or two each year that we shouldn't."

You keep throwing out this false narrative. The old rebel trick, tell a lie enough ...

List them. Games Dan lost that we were favored.

2009 -
2010 -
2011 -
2012 -
2013 -
2014 -
2015 -

blacklistedbully
12-08-2016, 12:04 AM
"Dan has so far shown a penchant for doing things that will lose a game or two each year that we shouldn't."

You keep throwing out this false narrative. The old rebel trick, tell a lie enough ...

2009 -
2010 -
2011 -
2012 -
2013 -
2014 -
2015 -

And you keep ignoring the fact that I've said, it's not about being "favored"...it's about games we've lost where Dan wasted a drive or two or 3 in a close loss.

It has absolutely nothing to do with pre-game predictions. IT has to do with in-game decisions that have cost us big.

Off the top of my head, stepping off the gas too soon at AU. Pulling Fitz from the S. Bama game. Running LP up-the-middle over and over and over for little-to-no gain. It's about doing the same damn thing with Holloway. It's about running Dak up-the-middle into the teeth of a Bama defense when it was stuffed every time. It's about trotting a mentally shot kicker out there over and over and over when he's proven multiple times he's going to choke. It's about doing the same damn thing with another kicker n another year. It's about getting the ball back with 50 seconds and all 3 time-outs in the first half, then taking a knee. It's about having a game plan that is working great...hasn't been stopped....then killing a drive because he just had to get "cute" or show his imagination.

I'm not going to try and find game film to point out the precise games and plays I'm talking about just to satisfy your ass. That would take hours upon hours. I suspect you know damn well what I'm talking about. If you don't plenty of others do.

EAVdog
12-08-2016, 12:24 AM
or C. They decided Taggert has completely turned around 2 programs in short order, and is a better recruiter, so thought he was a better fit.

We don't know, and probably never will know the truth...but let's not pretend there was no other option. The same things that have frustrated a whole bunch of us over the years would be exposed by an in-depth search done by anyone looking to invest millions and their immediate future on a coach.

Nike money wants a coach that can compete for the NC. Dan has so far shown a penchant for doing things that will lose a game or two each year that we shouldn't. At MSU, the good news is the great stuff he's done has moved us up from the basement, and got us to 10 wins and a NY6 game.

But at Oregon, Nike's not going to be happy with 1-2 losses they shouldn't have.

It's like people just repeat things with zero knowledge. Look at CFB Matrix's breakdown of Taggert. At WKU or USF he didn't increase their recruiting rankings at all. In fact they decreased slightly. There is no evidence of him being some recruiting guru. They are saying WT is Larry Fedora 2.0. Completely uninspiring hire. Regardless of Mullen.

DancingRabbit
12-08-2016, 12:47 AM
And you keep ignoring the fact that I've said, it's not about being "favored"...it's about games we've lost where Dan wasted a drive or two or 3 in a close loss.

It has absolutely nothing to do with pre-game predictions. IT has to do with in-game decisions that have cost us big.

Off the top of my head, stepping off the gas too soon at AU. Pulling Fitz from the S. Bama game. Running LP up-the-middle over and over and over for little-to-no gain. It's about doing the same damn thing with Holloway. It's about running Dak up-the-middle into the teeth of a Bama defense when it was stuffed every time. It's about trotting a mentally shot kicker out there over and over and over when he's proven multiple times he's going to choke. It's about doing the same damn thing with another kicker n another year. It's about getting the ball back with 50 seconds and all 3 time-outs in the first half, then taking a knee. It's about having a game plan that is working great...hasn't been stopped....then killing a drive because he just had to get "cute" or show his imagination.

I'm not going to try and find game film to point out the precise games and plays I'm talking about just to satisfy your ass. That would take hours upon hours. I suspect you know damn well what I'm talking about. If you don't plenty of others do.

That's what I thought. You're just Monday-morning quarterbacking and like to bitch.

Dan has his faults. Half of this season just sucked. But, he does a lot of important things the right way. Things that have nothing to do with wins and losses.

He's probably about a top 20 coach but has that possibility of getting us into the playoff because of his QB coaching. I don't think he'll be here forever, but I would love to see him make a couple of runs over the next 4-5 years.

Between the OM indiscriminate cheating and Saban sitting 80 miles away, I don't blame him for listening to offers. He probably sees one of those thorns in the side is about to go away, and with Fitz coming on and Thompson coming in things are looking up.

Dan Wolken was asked the other day, who is the 2nd best coach in the SEC. He said Mullen. But he thinks Dan should move on to a "program that could contend". I would like Dan to stay here and change that perception.

anubus
12-08-2016, 02:29 AM
Who in the hell wants the stinking Rev. Hugh Freeze? Too many Ole sissy trolls posting bs. ******* getting an extension to his contract and Ole piss is getting a huuuuuge extension from NCAA and they'll are gonna be made to like it!

Todd4State
12-08-2016, 02:38 AM
I'll say it- Dan would not be wise to leave after this year. He went 5-7 but he has a lot of talent coming back including a legit SEC QB and RB. If he can fix the defense we could be back to 2014-15 win totals pretty reasonably. That would potentially make him pretty attractive to someone like Notre Dame which I imagine he would rather be there than Oregon. And I'm pretty sure Jimmy Sexton is telling him the same thing. Stay at MSU another couple of years and kick ass, become the winningest coach in school history and then get paid.

sandwolf
12-08-2016, 02:52 AM

He is confirming to everyone that feeding his ego and riling up the masses takes priority over what is good for MSU. We just completely dominated the Egg Bowl and OM is in the middle of a shit storm with the NCAA, yet his focus is on trying to spread the word that Mullen wants out of Starkville.....and he is doing this right before the mid year signing period. Pushing this narrative can do nothing but harm the football program. But hey, at least he is generating some page traffic....

blacklistedbully
12-08-2016, 04:53 AM
That's what I thought. You're just Monday-morning quarterbacking and like to bitch.

Dan has his faults. Half of this season just sucked. But, he does a lot of important things the right way. Things that have nothing to do with wins and losses.

He's probably about a top 20 coach but has that possibility of getting us into the playoff because of his QB coaching. I don't think he'll be here forever, but I would love to see him make a couple of runs over the next 4-5 years.

Between the OM indiscriminate cheating and Saban sitting 80 miles away, I don't blame him for listening to offers. He probably sees one of those thorns in the side is about to go away, and with Fitz coming on and Thompson coming in things are looking up.

Dan Wolken was asked the other day, who is the 2nd best coach in the SEC. He said Mullen. But he thinks Dan should move on to a "program that could contend". I would like Dan to stay here and change that perception.

Then you shouldn't think. Don't be so stupid that you actually think I'm gonna invest hours to answer your question in detail. You know it would take me forever to do it. I gave you plenty of examples that would ring true to you if you were being honest.

Most of everything else you've said is what I've been saying all along. In a nutshell, that Dan has done some great things here. Dan has weaknesses (I've simply listed most of them). I'd like the old Dan back, but with some changes that would allow him to realize his potential, and ours.

And as I've said before, those faults/weaknesses can be directly tied to losses. Les Miles did some good things at LSU...but his unwillingness to adapt and work on his weaknesses ultimately cost him and LSU.

IMO, Dan is a good coach...perhaps the best we've had since McKeen. But he won't be a great coach until he stops stepping on his own dick. And for $4.3 mill + I do expect him to work on the stuff that will make him great, thus maximize our potential.

dawgday166
12-08-2016, 07:13 AM

2009 -
2010 -
2011 -
2012 -
2013 -
2014 -
2015 -

I will agree there haven't been many, but he also doesn't win hardly any games where he's the underdog. I will say tho that he's had the bullets at times, regardless of what the Vegas bettors think. I don't go by whose favored all the time.

2016 - USA, BYU, KY, and Arky (other than USA not sure who was favored in each of those games, but we should've won them); 2015 - none as favorites (shouldn've beat LSU & A&M tho); 2014 - (OM & GT; I thought we should've beat Bama too although not favored .. had the bullets); 2013 - Auburn (I believe we were favored and should've beat them); 2012 - OM; 2011 - None; 2010- None.

chef dixon
12-08-2016, 07:37 AM
RP does this with every coach at MSU if they are here long enough. Slowly start to turn on them and it becomes pathologic. Stans, Cohen, currently Mullen. Howland will be next over the coming years. He will never be satisfied because he's looking for the perfect coach who would do everything exactly like he would.

BeardoMSU
12-08-2016, 07:51 AM
who would do everything exactly like he would.

It's a wonder how one person can be such an expert in so many things....

HSVDawg
12-08-2016, 07:55 AM

Please present one shred of evidence that Taggart is a better recruiter than Mullen. Where is Taggart's NFL MVP candidate that he recruited and mentored? What is USF's recruiting trend over the last 4 years? How many 4* and 5* players have they signed under Taggart?

This is getting silly. Some of yall just have to be trolling.

archdog
12-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Delete entire thread.

Dawgface
12-08-2016, 08:53 AM
I'll say it- Dan would not be wise to leave after this year. He went 5-7 but he has a lot of talent coming back including a legit SEC QB and RB. If he can fix the defense we could be back to 2014-15 win totals pretty reasonably. That would potentially make him pretty attractive to someone like Notre Dame which I imagine he would rather be there than Oregon. And I'm pretty sure Jimmy Sexton is telling him the same thing. Stay at MSU another couple of years and kick ass, become the winningest coach in school history and then get paid.

And if he does leave in a year or two, so be it. We would have enjoyed more success under him than under any other MSU HC. Plus we would have a pretty good foundation to build from, no longer will other potential coaches look at our school as some place you just can't be successful at. But you never know how things will go......if Mullen does have decent success over the next couple of years he would probably get another good raise making it even more difficult for him to move on.

As always.....time will tell the tale.

ScoobaDawg
12-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Alright. this crap is dead. Mullen is our coach for another year. Everyone get behind him and enjoy the ride.
Anything more is just hurting the program.