PDA

View Full Version : Quay/nick

msstate7
09-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Any news? Will they be back this week?

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Nick's probably red shirting. Quay could be back.

msstate7
09-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Nick's probably red shirting. Quay could be back.

We've gotta figure out a way to utilize these two. Do they need to be separated? If so, would it worth a shot to try nick at ol while redshirting?

DogBanker
09-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Nick is academically inelgible for the season. Quay missed a few spring workouts so he was suspended this past week. We'll see if he will be back this week.

CJDAWG85
09-05-2013, 08:16 AM
It was said that Quay had a good week last week and hopefully it continued this week.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 08:40 AM
was told th same CJ. Seems Quay is on his way back.

As far as them being separated, I don't even think they talk to each other. For whatever reasons, the fans have allowed OM to group them together during their recruitment and we just fell in line. they are very, very different people.

PassInterference
09-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Two highly sought after DTs in the same class - its natural to group them together.

I think Quay comes around, has a good career, and gets drafted.

I really hope Nick sees the light. He could be a NFL talent if he doesn't piss it all away.

DogBanker
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Honestly they don't like each other. I know last year they got into it at study hall.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Honestly they don't like each other. I know last year they got into it at study hall.

I wasn't going to say that, but you're right. I think it's good for competition too.

HancockCountyDog
09-05-2013, 11:59 AM

Im telling you the faster Nick James leaves our program, the better it will be. I have never heard one positive thing about the kid except that he has NFL size and speed.

MSUDawg4Life
09-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Im telling you the faster Nick James leaves our program, the better it will be. I have never heard one positive thing about the kid except that he has NFL size and speed.

smh

You've reached this conclusion based on stuff you've "heard"?

Johnson85
09-05-2013, 12:02 PM
I have never heard one positive thing about the kid except that he has NFL size and speed.

Pretty damn big positive.

DogBanker
09-05-2013, 12:04 PM
That's why I had hoped we hired Dorsett Davis for our DLine vacancy last year. After going with Nick to MGCCC football camps for two years I learned he respected one guy; that was Dorsett. Dorsett could get him to play and compete at an elite level. When James was on he was unstoppable. Dorsett has also coached a ton of guys: Terrance Cody, Wayne Dorsey, Carmon, and the two other guys they put out last year. I think the guy is gonna be a good one

Coach 57
09-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Nick's issue is heart. Quay's issue is mental. Sometimes I think people think they are the same. They aren't. Issues within the heart normally started mentally and later evolved. It's like a seed. If watered & fed, it will grow. Quay's is mental. What prevents the transformation is the right coach, the right moment fused with the willingness to prevail. I feel Quay will overcome his, but not sure about Nick. It's going to depend on him.

Political Hack
09-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I see Quay's issue as being more of an emotional maturity issue and buying in to doing things the way CDM and the staff wants him to do them. He's smart, so saying "mental" may give people the wrong picture. I don't think you intended it that way though.

HancockCountyDog
09-05-2013, 04:24 PM
smh

You've reached this conclusion based on stuff you've "heard"?

Either that or knowing and talking to guys that coached him at SSC and Long Beach, but I guess I should not believe these guys because they don't post on a message board?

starkvegasdawg
09-05-2013, 05:01 PM
How much renovation did that room need afterwards?

deltadawg99
09-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Coach Collins said in an interview this afternoon that he is excited to see what Quay does this weekend. Thank god

msstate7
09-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Coach Collins said in an interview this afternoon that he is excited to see what Quay does this weekend. Thank god
Great news. I like that Collins is excited

Todd4State
09-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Either that or knowing and talking to guys that coached him at SSC and Long Beach, but I guess I should not believe these guys because they don't post on a message board?

Nick James played at SSC?

mic
09-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Is there any way Nick can survive without football.?? I am guessing he will still get reps in practice.. I just wonder if enough to keep him interested. Or maybe it will light a fire in his ass... I would be shocked if he is here for the spring..