PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mullen

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:51 PM
For coming out and stating that work is being done on an extension and that the commitment is there to be our coach. Which is what we've wanted you to do the whole time. About time you listened to us.

Now get to work on busting up the country club.

Todd4State
12-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Thanks Cohen too for making Dan do it like a real power five AD.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Agree that this was needed but Todd that was almost exactly what he said last year. I don't think Cohen had to force anything. Let's just stop with all this back and forth and help pull the same direction at least through recruiting season

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 01:13 PM
For coming out and stating that work is being done on an extension and that the commitment is there to be our coach. Which is what we've wanted you to do the whole time. About time you listened to us.

Now get to work on busting up the country club.

Delusions of grandeur.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Delusions of grandeur.

I knew you would be the first one. So easy.

archdog
12-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Agree that this was needed but Todd that was almost exactly what he said last year. I don't think Cohen had to force anything. Let's just stop with all this back and forth and help pull the same direction at least through recruiting season

Trying to pull in one direction, but without Mullen leading the charge divisiveness is easy to create by other coaching staffs.

GTHOM
12-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Took him long enough. Thanks Mullen we're behind you and happy to have you as long as you are happy to be here

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 01:18 PM
I knew you would be the first one. So easy.

He issues virtually the same statement every year. Why would this one be any different?

GTHOM
12-07-2016, 01:22 PM
He issues virtually the same statement every year. Why would this one be any different?

No. No he doesnt. If you think he wasnt on the way to Miami last year then idk what to tell you. Doesnt matter now. We should all be behind him. He addressed two huge problems, beat OM like a drum and he shot down the job rumors early. Recruiting is looking promising as well

MarketingBully
12-07-2016, 01:25 PM

He never said he was working on an extension last year and the tone last year was different then what he is saying this year. Big difference.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 01:31 PM
No. No he doesnt. If you think he wasnt on the way to Miami last year then idk what to tell you. Doesnt matter now. We should all be behind him. He addressed two huge problems, beat OM like a drum and he shot down the job rumors early. Recruiting is looking promising as well

He did issue almost the same statement last year at the Connerly. The only thing missing was the contract part. As I have said all along, the Miami thing was the only legit one last year. They went through the proper channels and were probably going to offer him before UGA went insane. We do not KNOW what he would have done. I agree, it's time for ALL of us to get behind him.

lamont
12-07-2016, 01:35 PM
He mentions being "contacted" by other schools.

He also said "I think" on an extension. Now he has to get one or the situation looks bad- whether we were going to or not

msbulldog
12-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Great to hear that Coach, we're behind you 100%! Hail State!

HoopsDawg
12-07-2016, 02:08 PM
He mentions being "contacted" by other schools.

He also said "I think" on an extension. Now he has to get one or the situation looks bad- whether we were going to or not

I wonder if we can do an extension but eliminate the buy out clauses. As in, if he leaves no buyout, or if we fire him no buyout. In that case, we can extend him every year without any liability.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 02:21 PM

Exactly. He's handling his crap this year. Last year was bad. The worst it had ever been, which is why there's some sting still left there. But as of right now, he appears to be doing everything possible to show his commitment to MSU. And so long as Cohen doesn't re-up his buyout or give him a huge salary boost, I'd be supportive of extending his contract. Coming off a 5-7 season it seems like we'd have a little more leverage than normal.

His public comments about being contact by several schools is a negotiation tactic though. Not saying it's not true. I'm sure it is, but saying that in the media makes it more palatable for MSU to throw more $ at him.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Exactly. He's handling his crap this year. Last year was bad. The worst it had ever been, which is why there's some sting still left there. But as of right now, he appears to be doing everything possible to show his commitment to MSU. And so long as Cohen doesn't re-up his buyout or give him a huge salary boost, I'd be supportive of extending his contract. Coming off a 5-7 season it seems like we'd have a little more leverage than normal.

His public comments about being contact by several schools is a negotiation tactic though. Not saying it's not true. I'm sure it is, but saying that in the media makes it more palatable for MSU to throw more $ at him.

Eventually with all the talk of him being contacted every off-season, do you ever think that becomes stale in negotiations?

Dawgowar
12-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Awesome news. Now find a kicker who doesn't shit himself when you send him out there to kick a 20 harder.

dawgs
12-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Yeah thanks for doing that after the new job you've been chasing picked someone else

dawgs
12-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Eventually with all the talk of him being contacted every off-season, do you ever think that becomes stale in negotiations?

Not only that, but it directly affects his ability to recruit and be successful at his current job

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 03:00 PM
Yeah thanks for doing that after the new job you've been chasing picked someone else

He came out last year before Miami had finalized and said similar things and this year right after Oregon hired Taggert. I gues he needs to release these statements at the exact same moment a school makes a hire? Come on now. He said it, most of the fan base is happy with the statement, let's move on.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 03:37 PM

Well he shouldn't have to do it every year...instead of making it known throughout the land he isn't leaving for any job except one of these ___, he always leaves it open which allows this every year thing to happen. Coaches are notorious for it always posturing and bargaining. And with where he is and what he gets he needs to cut the shit out. If a job he really wants opens and comes after him then he should dive on in and see. Maybe Sexton will help with that.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Well he shouldn't have to do it every year...instead of making it known throughout the land he isn't leaving for any job except one of these ___, he always leaves it open which allows this every year thing to happen. Coaches are notorious for it always posturing and bargaining. And with where he is and what he gets he needs to cut the shit out. If a job he really wants opens and comes after him then he should dive on in and see. Maybe Sexton will help with that.
There is always going to be speculation about him, he is a good coach at what is seen as a second tier program nationally. You seem to be longing for the days if Croom. We never heard about HIM leaving.

dawgs
12-07-2016, 05:24 PM
He came out last year before Miami had finalized and said similar things and this year right after Oregon hired Taggert. I gues he needs to release these statements at the exact same moment a school makes a hire? Come on now. He said it, most of the fan base is happy with the statement, let's move on.

He should have said it the moment his name got mentioned with the opening, and then we shouldn't/wouldn't be reading about him being the runner up to taggart 2 weeks later.

dawgs
12-07-2016, 05:28 PM
There is always going to be speculation about him, he is a good coach at what is seen as a second tier program nationally. You seem to be longing for the days if Croom. We never heard about HIM leaving.

Speculation as to candidates isn't the same thing as nationally respected reporters reporting he was a finalist or a runner up. When was the last time david Shaw was a finalist for a job? Outside of USC and obviously Washington, when else was chris Petersen considered a finalist for a job while at Boise? Point is that there's plenty of good coaches, many better than Mullen, at second and third rate programs that are rarely if ever reported as being finalists for jobs all over the country every single ****ing offseason. It's because they hang up the damn phone or they tell their agents to hang up the damn phone.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 05:33 PM
He should have said it the moment his name got mentioned with the opening, and then we shouldn't/wouldn't be reading about him being the runner up to taggart 2 weeks later.

He did last year when Miami and others were mentioned prior. Didn't change your perception either way

IMissJack
12-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Mullen knows that this year OM and the Beav are on the ropes with recruiting. Just keep saying the right things and we can clean up and leave those guys in the dust.