PDA

View Full Version : You NEVER hear this...

preachermatt83
12-07-2016, 11:13 AM
You never hear someone say "well so and so was hired but such and such was second place. That only happened in this Oregon deal bc of where it came from. ESPN. OM journalism school paying off? Rhule doesn't go to Oregon... Everyone says Rhule turned Oregon down... Mullen don't go to Oregon, everyone says Oregon passed on Mullen...BULL CRAP! Listen , this is media causing a stir about nothing. Mullen turned down the opportunity to interview with Oregon. Period!

shoeless joe
12-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Some folks will say that St. Mullen turned them down...some folks will say he wanted out badly but no one wants him cuz he's not a good coach. All determined by what they're trying to push.

Bottom line: he's here, he needs to finish out this class, we've got a really good backfield for next year and Mullen will be coaching them...and i'm happy about that (I think)

Jack Lambert
12-07-2016, 11:40 AM
I seriously doubt Mullen even reached out to them. I suspect they probably contacted Mullen's agents to see if he would be interested and the agent asked Mullen and Mullen said no.

preachermatt83
12-07-2016, 11:44 AM
I seriously doubt Mullen even reached out to them. I suspect they probably contacted Mullen's agents to see if he would be interested and the agent asked Mullen and Mullen said no.

This!

Saladin
12-07-2016, 12:12 PM
I have been reading this board for multiple years and have enjoyed all of the entertainment and info from you guys. I recently made an account this summer and just now starting to post some.
I did not go to MSU but have paid for 2 college tuitions as both of my children went to MSU. They loved going to school at State which in turn made me become a big fan as I have learned about the school and have met all of the wonderful friends they have made at State along the way. I have attended some football and basketball games - just haven't been able to make a baseball game which is on my list to do this Spring.
Anyway enough about that but I want to say a few things about Coach Mullen from my view. I think the guy is a fantastic coach. His evaluation of under the radar players is incredible. A lot of these guys have gotten passed over by bigger programs but it is very obvious Coach puts a lot of time in to developing these guys talents as I have seen how well the players have progressed through the program. Yes - sometimes I get frustrated about his lack of aggressiveness in play calling but you would have to think this guy is very cerebral. He knows these players better than anyone and he is probably calling the plays he thinks have the highest probability of working out.
I would hate to see Coach Mullen leave. His personality can be taken the wrong way but it also is very intriguing to see what the guy is actually going to say without any reverence for the fan base. I think he truly speaks on behalf of his team and that is all he cares about.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2016, 12:15 PM
I have been reading this board for multiple years and have enjoyed all of the entertainment and info from you guys. I recently made an account this summer and just now starting to post some.
I did not go to MSU but have paid for 2 college tuitions as both of my children went to MSU. They loved going to school at State which in turn made me become a big fan as I have learned about the school and have met all of the wonderful friends they have made at State along the way. I have attended some football and basketball games - just haven't been able to make a baseball game which is on my list to do this Spring.
Anyway enough about that but I want to say a few things about Coach Mullen from my view. I think the guy is a fantastic coach. His evaluation of under the radar players is incredible. A lot of these guys have gotten passed over by bigger programs but it is very obvious Coach puts a lot of time in to developing these guys talents as I have seen how well the players have progressed through the program. Yes - sometimes I get frustrated about his lack of aggressiveness in play calling but you would have to think this guy is very cerebral. He knows these players better than anyone and he is probably calling the plays he thinks have the highest probability of working out.
I would hate to see Coach Mullen leave. His personality can be taken the wrong way but it also is very intriguing to see what the guy is actually going to say without any reverence for the fan base. I think he truly speaks on behalf of his team and that is all he cares about.

You didn't like Holloway up the middle? By the way welcome aboard.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2016, 12:17 PM

That's the general consensus of the fan base. He just needs to recruit better. We are doing some things differently this year so we'll see if it pays off.

the59dawg
12-07-2016, 03:13 PM

Very good. I like it.