PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of kickers- has anybody seen Tupelo's kicker?

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:38 AM
All-State this year as a Jr. Comes from a BearShark family I hear- but probably wants to play in a bowl game so they aren't an option.

We got to start recruiting better in this area.

WinningIsRelentless
12-07-2016, 10:57 AM
It's hard to project high school kickers to the college level. They use the 2 inch block in hs.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2016, 10:58 AM
All-State this year as a Jr. Comes from a BearShark family I hear- but probably wants to play in a bowl game so they aren't an option.

We got to start recruiting better in this area.

Mullen isn't using a scholarship for a kicker. He should, but Mullen gonna Mullen. He'll be a stubborn ass about it. I've heard from a very good source we're after two JUCO kickers in the state. One is a lock to walk on, as he has family working in the athletic department. The other is the best JUCO K in the state and wants to come, but Mullen won't offer a scholly. Needless to say, the kid is hesitant to try to walk on when he has scholly offers elsewhere.

My best guess: Expect us to end up with a familiar last name as our K next season.

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:11 AM
It's hard to project high school kickers to the college level. They use the 2 inch block in hs.

It's really not

Does he put kickoffs in the end zone?
Is he accurate on FG's
Does he cover kicks or is he just a soccer player trying to get out of the way (covering kicks shows some toughness those guys need on the next level)

Lots of ways to eval kickers

HoopsDawg
12-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Wish we could bring in 5 kickers for a tryout. Whoever performs best gets a scholarship. Mullen has no problem giving punters scholarships. We carried 2 on full rides.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Mullen isn't using a scholarship for a kicker. He should, but Mullen gonna Mullen. He'll be a stubborn ass about it. I've heard from a very good source we're after two JUCO kickers in the state. One is a lock to walk on, as he has family working in the athletic department. The other is the best JUCO K in the state and wants to come, but Mullen won't offer a scholly. Needless to say, the kid is hesitant to try to walk on when he has scholly offers elsewhere.

My best guess: Expect us to end up with a familiar last name as our K next season.

We have offered & are on a kicker very hard. Things are looking better with him also.

http://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Bulovas-90269

gtowndawg
12-07-2016, 11:31 AM
We have offered & are on a kicker very hard. Things are looking better with him also.

http://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Bulovas-90269

Thank you for some good news

jayward75
12-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Josh Smith is his name. He is over at our house a lot. He and my son are really good friends. His dad was a punter at OM. Really good kid, in addition to being a good kicker. One of the hardest working kids I have ever been around.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Didn't Mullen go to Tupelo yesterday or the day before?

jayward75
12-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Yeah. He was there a few days ago. Not sure who to see, though. Jett Johson is another good player at Tupelo.