PDA

View Full Version : SDS making up BS again about Mullen

fishwater99
12-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Unlinked story since its SDS trolling. In short, title said Mullen got passed over for Taggart. -Hack

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Can't be true. Just drummed up BS by I Seen It.

Spiderman
12-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Mullen wasn't gonna go to Oregon, offered or not

smootness
12-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Can't be true. Just drummed up BS by I Seen It.

They're just citing the same source that ESPN did, who again, apparently knew so much about the search that he had no idea Taggart was a finalist until he was hired. This is how one single source can lead to a multitude of articles that makes it appear as unquestionable truth.

Plus, the same article credits Mullen for Dak's development, so they are obviously fools.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:17 AM

I actually don't think he would have either. I also don't think Mr. Nike wanted to pay $18 million to have Dan Mullen coach his team the next 2 years and that's what this would've cost him.

mparkerfd20
SDS as a source? HA! How many times do we have to have this conversation?

thf24

Leave it to SDS though to phrase the headline like he was trying for it, when in reality the root source was unnamed and simply said he was Oregon's second choice.

maroonmania
12-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Poor Dan, always the bridesmaid never the bride.***

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:18 AM
They're just citing the same source that ESPN did, who again, apparently knew so much about the search that he had no idea Taggart was a finalist until he was hired. This is how one single source can lead to a multitude of articles that makes it appear as unquestionable truth.

Plus, the same article credits Mullen for Dak's development, so they are obviously fools.

Lol. Either way, it's SDS trolling state fans again.

EAVdog
12-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Kate Upton was my second choice for wife.

basedog
12-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Please lock this thread.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Well they are factually wrong since Rhule was 1st choice and turned it down. Taggert was second choice.

smootness
12-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Lol. Either way, it's SDS trolling state fans again.

And you're buying it?

EAVdog
12-07-2016, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Political Hack;666404]I actually don't think he would have either. I also don't think Mr. Nike wanted to pay $18 million to have Dan Mullen coach his team the next 2 years and that's what this would've cost him.[/QUOTE

Oregon isn't concerned about money. Believe me, they spend money like water on everything. Salary is no different.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:37 AM
EAV - I get that, but they didn't fire their coach to the tune of $9 million to hire Taggart or Mullen. They swung high and struck out. Now, unlike they planned, they're going to be upwards of $15 million in the hole for Taggart as their head coach. Bad decisions.

Smoot - Mullen's name was squarely involved in their process. Whether he said screw off or whether they did is irrelevant to me. He's still here.

Tbonewannabe
12-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Well they are factually wrong since Rhule was 1st choice and turned it down. Taggert was second choice.

Why would Rhule go to Baylor over Oregon?

Jack Lambert
12-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Refresh my memory, what id SDS?

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 10:50 AM

Supposedly thought it was better fit, much better recruiting area and this is just speculating but it probably boiled downed to Baylor made a better financial deal.

smootness
12-07-2016, 11:06 AM
EAV - I get that, but they didn't fire their coach to the tune of $9 million to hire Taggart or Mullen. They swung high and struck out. Now, unlike they planned, they're going to be upwards of $15 million in the hole for Taggart as their head coach. Bad decisions.

Smoot - Mullen's name was squarely involved in their process. Whether he said screw off or whether they did is irrelevant to me. He's still here.

But as you admit, 'squarely involved in their process' could mean literally anything. It doesn't at all mean that Mullen was interested.

Behrdawg
12-07-2016, 11:12 AM
You lost me at "SDS"

starkvegasdawg
12-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Refresh my memory, what id SDS?

Saturday down south.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 11:16 AM

Apparently Rhule is heavily involved with some kind of nationwide Baptist movement. Baylor was the right fit for him

Tbonewannabe
12-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Apparently Rhule is heavily involved with some kind of nationwide Baptist movement. Baylor was the right fit for him

Lord knows that "Baptist" University needs some Jesus. Pretty much almost as morally bankrupt as Penn State.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Saturday down south.

Australian kissing.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:05 PM

Maybe said source is so connected he kept his mouth shut to the very end then told who the 2 finalists were..

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Leave it to SDS though to phrase the headline like he was trying for it, when in reality the root source was unnamed and simply said he was Oregon's second choice.

Get it right....root source said Taggart and Mullen were the 2 finalist. Mullen might have been second choice or he might have told them no thanks.