PDA

View Full Version : Willie Taggart to Oregon

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Good hire. Oregon had no clue what they were gonna do when they fired Helfrich.

USF in play now for Kiffin. They have a really good AD so they should get a good coach.

And media reports that Mullen was the other finalist with Taggart.....

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-07-2016, 07:56 AM
This is a good solid hire for them. But several people, ahem, told them no thanks and didn't interview.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Well this report should make several people, ahem, clear some air on whether there were interviews or interviews were requested and turned down.

Quaoarsking
12-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Actually if you do a Twitter search for "Dan Mullen Oregon" you see that no media sources say he was a finalist at all. All you get is random fans speculating that maybe it could be him.

It would be bad enough to post something like that if it were true. Why do our fans do this every offseason?

msstate7
12-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Actually if you do a Twitter search for "Dan Mullen Oregon" you see that no media sources say he was a finalist at all. All you get is random fans speculating that maybe it could be him.

It would be bad enough to post something like that if it were true. Why do our fans do this every offseason?

Thank you.

There's a vocal group of our fanbase that wants the majority to turn on Mullen like the vocal minority has

chef dixon
12-07-2016, 08:15 AM
People on this board need to nut up

msstate7
12-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Taggart at wku = 16-20 (1 bowl)
Taggart at USF = 24-25 (2 bowls)
Taggart overall (7 seasons) = 40-45 (3 bowls)

Mullen overall (8 seasons) = 60-42 (7 bowls)

Taggart did win 10 this year, but Mullen won 10 in the sec. Taggart has won 8 or more twice; Mullen has won 8 or more 4 times... in the sec west

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2016, 08:30 AM

Bad year for "sources".

mparkerfd20
12-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Wow talk about settling. Taggart is not a sexy hire.

bulldawg28
12-07-2016, 08:37 AM
This is a good solid hire for them. But several people, ahem, told them no thanks and didn't interview.

You've got to be lying because Chip Kelly was assisting with a particular hometown buddy to ensure he got the gig.

was21
12-07-2016, 08:37 AM
Yep. The subject of false or fake news is all over the news, including sports as well as politics. Facts don't matter anymore

FISHDAWG
12-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Thank you.

There's a vocal group of ED stockholders that wants the majority to turn on Mullen like the vocal minority has

FIFY

Mjoelner34
12-07-2016, 08:45 AM
For a second, I thought they had hired the head of MDOT but then I realized it was this guy.
http://www.ranthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/slim-pickens.jpg
Anybody got a dime!?

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-07-2016, 08:45 AM
As I have said numerous times. It won't matter if Dan or John or Mark come out and say anything. Somebody will know somebody "close to the situation". We all good though. Same team and shit. But for the record Yancy Porter pissing next to a recruit places him "close to the situation". Instead of turning on our own why don't we get back to burning that shithole in Oxford down. I haven't even come close to giving RP all the information I have on that

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 08:47 AM
He turns them down to even interview and that makes him a finalist? That's a stretch

basedog
12-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Bad year for "sources".

LMBO

2 star posters

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Good hire. Oregon had no clue what they were gonna do when they fired Helfrich.

USF in play now for Kiffin. They have a really good AD so they should get a good coach.

And media reports that Mullen was the other finalist with Taggart.....

And I heard that they approached Mullen and he said no thanks and did not interview.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 09:08 AM

It's one of five reasons: 1) They aren't our fans but would like you to think they are. 2) They are stupid. 3) They have a raging case of Poor Ole State. 4) They are more fond of their internet cred than they are of MSU and want to be the first to break something. They keep throwing things against the wall in hopes that one day it will stick. Then they can go back and say I told you so. 5) They are part of the very small but vocal minority that wants Mullen gone. Keeping the rumors (even ones with no basis whatsoever) going is their way of trying to get rid of him.

lamont
12-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Bad year for "sources".

Like when I informed everyone- including the Clarion Ledger- that Mullen had switched agents?

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 09:11 AM
As I have said numerous times. It won't matter if Dan or John or Mark come out and say anything. Somebody will know somebody "close to the situation". We all good though. Same team and shit. But for the record Yancy Porter pissing next to a recruit places him "close to the situation". Instead of turning on our own why don't we get back to burning that shithole in Oxford down. I haven't even come close to giving RP all the information I have on that
By all means elaborate on that last sentence!

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 09:16 AM
FIFY

Inaccurate. We want Mullen to turn his recruiting around. These job rumors cause heartburn every year for kids and we were in danger of losing some of our early enrollees this year. I'm really happy this didn't drag out any further and they didn't wait on Chip Kelly. If it had, we possibly would've lost some commits.

Even in a situation like this where it was very unlikely, kids were concerned. It doesn't matter what we say or think or do. It matters how it impacts the program and its negatively impacted the program every year, whether it's recruiting or our former gump of an AD giving him a huge raise and extension. Glad to see Cohen nut up this year. At least that's what the initial indications have been.

lamont
12-07-2016, 09:19 AM
This is I Seen Its thread not mine- but I'll say this:

Cohen being called was just part of the process- Sexton had been talked to numerous times before that. You don't call an AD before you call the agent for interest. And if Mullen had no interest- Sexton would have told Oregon that's the case

Secondly- it may have just been a coincidence- but didn't Mullen fly out West last week to visit with a juco CB? Kinda meshes with him flying to Miami last year during Egg Bowl week to recruit a WR

Draw your own conclusion

bulldawg28
12-07-2016, 09:21 AM

Cohen being called was just part of the process- Sexton had been talked to numerous times before that. You don't call an AD before you call the agent for interest. And if Mullen had no interest- Sexton would have told Oregon that's the case

Secondly- it may have just been a coincidence- but didn't Mullen fly out West last week to visit with a juco CB? Kinda meshes with him flying to Miami last year during Egg Bowl week to recruit a WR

Draw your own conclusion

Lol...Riiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhht. Conclusion drawn.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:21 AM

I know Twitter is the end all be all for all the ****ing stupid millennials out there but a simple click on ESPN.com, and I know it's not the greatest so spare my that stupid shit, on the Taggart to Oregon link and the third paragraph says according to a source Taggart and Mullen were the 2 finalists.

So yeah every off season our "fans" do this...no every off season our ****ing head coach does this.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:22 AM
FIFY

Your fix it is broken.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-07-2016, 09:23 AM

Draw your own conclusion

And it's also ok to admit you are wrong. And for the record, your ass has been wrong more then right on Mullen

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:23 AM
And I heard that they approached Mullen and he said no thanks and did not interview.

Your hearing isn't always the best. Who developed Dak again?

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:27 AM
And another thing...why are all you pussies in an uproar over my first post? Taggart to Oregon...media report, which if any of you would have checked it out on ESPN.com its in black and white, stated it was between 2 finalist one of which was Mullen. I made no effort to insert one way or another my view on Mullen. Just reported it.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 09:28 AM
And it's also ok to admit you are wrong. And for the record, your ass has been wrong more then right on Mullen

"Than." And you're talking to the wrong people. There's the true MSU people who will always be a part of this university and there's the people who decided to come camp out for a while. You're talking to the visitors.

smootness
12-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Willie Taggart may have been named HC, but until Mullen specifically and publicly denies interest, the possibility of him taking that job will hang over our heads**

ElitedawgRecruiting
"Than." And you're talking to the wrong people. There's the true MSU people who will always be a part of this university and there's the people who decided to come camp out for a while. You're talking to the visitors.

Or it could be those camped out people and as inside as they used to be. I know who I am talking to. And I know who I trust

I seen it dawg
He turns them down to even interview and that makes him a finalist? That's a stretch

But he is named a finalist by a source obviously close enough to the search to be talked to by ESPN...I find that less of a stretch than a source on here that said he turned them down.

BB30

Draw your own conclusion

Ill make you a tin foil hat whats the mailing address?

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Inaccurate. We want Mullen to turn his recruiting around. These job rumors cause heartburn every year for kids and we were in danger of losing some of our early enrollees this year. I'm really happy this didn't drag out any further and they didn't wait on Chip Kelly. If it had, we possibly would've lost some commits.

Even in a situation like this where it was very unlikely, kids were concerned. It doesn't matter what we say or think or do. It matters how it impacts the program and its negatively impacted the program every year, whether it's recruiting or our former gump of an AD giving him a huge raise and extension. Glad to see Cohen nut up this year. At least that's what the initial indications have been.
Y'all need to get over the rumors. The FACT is that nationally Mullen is seen as have done an almost impossibly great job here. There are always going to be rumors about him leaving because of that FACT. It's not going to matter one bit what he says. He knows that. Most of us know that. If you want a coach without rumors of him leaving the only way you are going to get one is hire one that does so bad that no one in his right mind would even think about trying to hire him away. If the rumors are so damaging why do we help spread them?

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 09:36 AM

Draw your own conclusion

I don't know if it was the day you are talking about last week or not, but there was one day last week he was reported to have gone out west. It turned out he was in Mississippi recruiting. The plane in question was the Oregon State basketball team. Again, that may not be the day you are talking about but it was the only one I am aware of.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Wow talk about settling. Taggart is not a sexy hire.

This is a good post. Oregon isn't all it's cracked up to be anymore. The rest of the Pac12, and the country for that matter, have caught up to what Oregon has started. The Pac12 has made itself into a damn tough conference to compete in.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Your hearing isn't always the best. Who developed Dak again?

Dan Mullen. He was the head coach.

Political Hack
Or it could be those camped out people and as inside as they used to be. I know who I am talking to. And I know who I trust

I just think they're self-motivated. Ultimately it doesn't matter though. Half the time we're getting info from people not connected to the university too. The college football world is a pretty small circle when it comes to coaching changes, which is why and how every reporter in the country picks it up quickly. It's also how we know about stuff early. Sometimes we share it. Sometimes we don't, but we ALWAYS make the decision on what to share based on what we think is best for MSU, not what we think is best for Mullen.

Further, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could be pissed at the original post. That's good news. Be happy.

I seen it dawg
I don't know if it was the day you are talking about last week or not, but there was one day last week he was reported to have gone out west. It turned out he was in Mississippi recruiting. The plane in question was the Oregon State basketball team. Again, that may not be the day you are talking about but it was the only one I am aware of.

Your awareness is about as good as your hearing.

smootness
So Mullen wants to leave, keeps being a finalist for these really good national jobs, but can't find any other job that will allow him to leave? K.

Liverpooldawg
And another thing...why are all you pussies in an uproar over my first post? Taggart to Oregon...media report, which if any of you would have checked it out on ESPN.com its in black and white, stated it was between 2 finalist one of which was Mullen. I made no effort to insert one way or another my view on Mullen. Just reported it.
ESPN

Bucky Dog
12-07-2016, 09:39 AM

Draw your own conclusion
Or maybe, just maybe, this was the strategy of an agent working for his client, to gain some leverage in possible upcoming contract extension to stay at State.

Hey, I was approached by Oregon to interview and I wanted you to know John that I'm committed to State and want to be here awhile. Great, Dan I appreciate the commitment and we will work something out over the next few months to honor your commitment.

Is it too ****ing hard for us to look at it this way instead of the negative, agenda driven few, and those at OM?

Liverpooldawg

If the rumors hurt the program then why help spread them? We KNOW recruits and their parents look at this board.

smootness
Also funny that this singular source ESPN used that is apparently so knowledgeable about that search had no clue Taggart was a finalist until he was actually hired, since no one reported that anywhere beforehand.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-07-2016, 09:41 AM
I just think they're self-motivated. Ultimately it doesn't matter though. Half the time we're getting info from people not connected to the university too. The college football world is a pretty small circle when it comes to coaching changes, which is why and how every reporter in the country picks it up quickly. It's also how we know about stuff early. Sometimes we share it. Sometimes we don't, but we ALWAYS make the decision on what to share based on what we think is best for MSU, not what we think is best for Mullen.

Further, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could be pissed at the original post. That's good news. Be happy.

So no where in this do y'all think that what's best for Mullen is what's best for MSU? When this board started it was great because the whole point was to do what's best for Msu and screw Ole Miss. now it seems like we want to out six pack six pack. My point is can't we get back to doing what's best for Msu and screwing ole miss. Seems like more fun to me

Liverpooldawg

Was there another day or is that all you have?

Really Clark?
But he is named a finalist by a source obviously close enough to the search to be talked to by ESPN...I find that less of a stretch than a source on here that said he turned them down.

And Wolken stated that it was Rhule 1 and Taggert their second choice and the sources on Chip Kelly, Gary Patterson and several other sitting Power 5 coaches in play were an alternate reality. There was nothing to those rumors in the end. Their was one "inside source" who doubted that Taggert was a serious candidate during the time they had agreed the job to him.

WinningIsRelentless

And you do realize Cohen could be at fault also by playing damn hardball and forced Mullen and Sextons hand. Give Mullen and extension get him to sign it and then you can say hey look he just signed an extension he isn't going anywhere.

But no instead we try to play damn hardball and have it blow up in our face in recruiting.

Liverpooldawg
So no where in this do y'all think that what's best for Mullen is what's best for MSU? When this board started it was great because the whole point was to do what's best for Msu and screw Ole Miss. now it seems like we want to out six pack six pack. My point is can't we get back to doing what's best for Msu and screwing ole miss. Seems like more fun to me

Yep

MarketingBully
12-07-2016, 09:42 AM
It's one of five reasons: 1) They aren't our fans but would like you to think they are. 2) They are stupid. 3) They have a raging case of Poor Ole State. 4) They are more fond of their internet cred than they are of MSU and want to be the first to break something. They keep throwing things against the wall in hopes that one day it will stick. Then they can go back and say I told you so. 5) They are part of the very small but vocal minority that wants Mullen gone. Keeping the rumors (even ones with no basis whatsoever) going is their way of trying to get rid of him.

My guess is 3, 4, and 5.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 09:43 AM
And you do realize Cohen could be at fault also by playing damn hardball and forced Mullen and Sextons hand. Give Mullen and extension get him to sign it and then you can say hey look he just signed an extension he isn't going anywhere.

But no instead we try to play damn hardball and have it blow up in our face in recruiting.
THIS. That would squelch the rumors. Y'all are all saying we shouldn't extend it and that he hasn't been offered one. Actions speak way louder than words.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 09:46 AM
I don't think Mullen wants to leave. I think Mullen just likes to look at his options & feel things out.

If Mullen truly wanted to leave, he'd be long gone by now. The fact that he's still hear after being a candidate for so many jobs, tells me that he likes to listen, but no one ever meets what he wants.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Dan Mullen. He was the head coach.

Hahahahahaha you should go back and revisit the long ass thread from a few weeks ago. I know you didn't like it because you quit.

smootness
12-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Hahahahahaha you should go back and revisit the long ass thread from a few weeks ago. I know you didn't like it because you quit.

Anyone who doesn't give Mullen a ton of credit in developing Dak is a moron. He has been a QB coach his entire career (an incredibly successful one) and remains heavily involved in QB development. He is one of the best QB coaches in the country.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Y'all need to get over the rumors. The FACT is that nationally Mullen is seen as have done an almost impossibly great job here. There are always going to be rumors about him leaving because of that FACT. It's not going to matter one bit what he says. He knows that. Most of us know that. If you want a coach without rumors of him leaving the only way you are going to get one is hire one that does so bad that no one in his right mind would even think about trying to hire him away. If the rumors are so damaging why do we help spread them?

We don't report rumors unless its title "rumor" or "I'm hearing" or "adding two plus two it could be." I'm not sure where that's coming from. Media reported Mullen's name with Oregon. Period. Posters here put it on the board.

Last year was different because there was a deal in place until Richt got canned. He was as good as gone, but he got the rug pulled out from under him. It created a mess in the athletic department and with our upper management at the school, which is probably (see.. <--- unconfirmed here), in part, why we saw turnover this year from a lifelong State guy. The money and opportunity were probably the main reasons, but dealing with this BS every year wears on people (including the Mullen's, Keenum's, and now the Cohen tribe).

basedog
12-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Mullen and group handled this rumor by far the best in his 8 years. No comment of a foolish rumor.

Mullen has stated the same answer to the same question every year, "I want comment on rumors", why can't folks especially Msu fans get this? But yet, "the agenda folks" want to continue to find ways to bash a Coach who has been successful for 8 years overall and fixing to be 9. Eventually some will get it right, after all the play station games can be played over and over to you finally win.

Now back to hopefully a win in a bowl game.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:52 AM
If the rumors hurt the program then why help spread them? We KNOW recruits and their parents look at this board.

I didn't spread a rumor you ****ing dolt... I passed along what was in black and white from a national sports news source.

Really Clark?
What's the sources saying on Dan's contract extension?

basedog
I don't think Mullen wants to leave. I think Mullen just likes to look at his options & feel things out.

If Mullen truly wanted to leave, he'd be long gone by now. The fact that he's still hear after being a candidate for so many jobs, tells me that he likes to listen, but no one ever meets what he wants.

His wife has a lot to do with him staying. She has had many conversations about Msu football and Starkville.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Anyone who doesn't give Mullen a ton of credit in developing Dak is a moron. He has been a QB coach his entire career (an incredibly successful one) and remains heavily involved in QB development. He is one of the best QB coaches in the country.

You have no idea what I'm talking about. No one ever said Mullen gets no credit. Go find the thread if you want the whole story.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 09:58 AM

Oh no, we're well on our way but a 5-7 team isn't what's best for MSU. Also, ole miss was handing us our asses annually until the NCAA knocked he breath out of Hugh Freeze and they forgot how to tackle. This board will always hammer the school up north. And we're supportive of Dan when he's doing crap that makes sense, like running AW instead of BH, or not letting locker rooms issues fester with the QBs causing team rifts, or getting our early enrollees whatever confirmation they need to know he's not leaving.

That's another thing I want to clear up. Mullen doesn't need to tell the world he's not going anywhere, but he needs to make sure our commits and targets know that. And they weren't comfortable as of early this week that he's 100% going to be here. That can't happen and that's why some people want a more concerted effort from him on the recruiting trail. What makes me shake my head is how anyone could be perfectly happy (I'm happy with the QB guru, but not perfectly happy) with a 5-7 coach that's not giving 110% effort down the stretch in recruiting year after year after year. Whether that's because of the free lunch program his OL coach is on or him not making an effort to personally tell every kid that he's 100% committed to being at State. And I'm sure he's told some that, but not all.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 09:58 AM
What's the sources saying on Dan's contract extension?

Well I guess a several people, ahem, that are very well connected, would have to let us know. As it stands there isn't an extension right now we know about so your guess is as good as anyone's. I guess.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Oh no, we're well on our way but a 5-7 team isn't what's best for MSU. Also, ole miss was handing us our asses annually until the NCAA knocked he breath out of Hugh Freeze and they forgot how to tackle. This board will always hammer the school up north. And we're supportive of Dan when he's doing crap that makes sense, like running AW instead of BH, or not letting locker rooms issues fester with the QBs causing team rifts, or getting our early enrollees whatever confirmation they need to know he's not leaving.

That's another thing I want to clear up. Mullen doesn't need to tell the world he's not going anywhere, but he needs to make sure our commits and targets know that. And they weren't comfortable as of early this week that he's 100% going to be here. That can't happen and that's why some people want a more concerted effort from him on the recruiting trail. What makes me shake my head is how anyone could be perfectly happy (I'm happy with the QB guru, but not perfectly happy) with a 5-7 coach that's not giving 110% effort down the stretch in recruiting year after year after year. Whether that's because of the free lunch program his OL coach is on or him not making an effort to personally tell every kid that he's 100% committed to being at State. And I'm sure he's told some that, but not all.

Oh shit no it couldn't be this message...not from an ED stockholder. We just want to be right we don't give a shit about MSU. So ****ing stupid.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Taggart was interviewed before anyone else and this "source" didn't know? WTH? It was all over their boards and newspapers. Mullen never even interviewed. There was no interest there on his part. But, let's see now, that's Miami, Georgia, Oregon, Maryland........we must have a pretty damn good coach for all these schools to want him.

WinningIsRelentless
12-07-2016, 10:03 AM

And your fearless leader said Mullen would be a top 5 coach if he won 6 games this year. We are a chip shot fg from our kicker who has gone through 2 operations this year for bulging disk away from having 6 wins.

Intramural All-American
12-07-2016, 10:03 AM
I didn't spread a rumor you ****ing dolt... I passed along what was in black and white from a national sports news source.

All you had to do was leave off the last sentence in your initial post, and there is no issue. But of course that won't happen because you have an agenda. I don't know if you and C34 are more upset that Mullen is still our coach, or that y'all were wrong about Mullen still being our coach. Either way, y'all do more harm than good by trying to convince people he wants out.

basedog
12-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Whoever thinks Mullen was a finalist is foolish, maybe in the eyes of Oregon, but Mullen himself was never a finalist.

Espn is full of rumors everyday, but so are many so call experts.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:05 AM

I got tired of it. It's like this: Y'all like to bash Mullen for everything that goes bad. By that logic you have to credit him with everything that goes well. Mullen developed Dak.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:06 AM
All you had to do was leave off the last sentence in your initial post, and there is no issue. But of course that won't happen because you have an agenda. I don't know if you and C34 are more upset that Mullen is still our coach, or that y'all were wrong about Mullen still being our coach. Either way, y'all do more harm than good by trying to convince people he wants out.

Yep

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Well I guess a several people, ahem, that are very well connected, would have to let us know. As it stands there isn't an extension right now we know about so your guess is as good as anyone's. I guess.
There is one, but he doesn't post here.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2016, 10:07 AM
This season was very much like 2013. We just lost too many games on the front end of the schedule that we should've won. A quality kicker gets us 2 wins, despite that shitalicious defense.

EAVdog
12-07-2016, 10:08 AM
We don't report rumors unless its title "rumor" or "I'm hearing" or "adding two plus two it could be." I'm not sure where that's coming from. Media reported Mullen's name with Oregon. Period. Posters here put it on the board.

Last year was different because there was a deal in place until Richt got canned. He was as good as gone, but he got the rug pulled out from under him. It created a mess in the athletic department and with our upper management at the school, which is probably (see.. <--- unconfirmed here), in part, why we saw turnover this year from a lifelong State guy. The money and opportunity were probably the main reasons, but dealing with this BS every year wears on people (including the Mullen's, Keenum's, and now the Cohen tribe).

I was told by someone who worked in the UGA Athletic Dept. under McGarity, in October, that Richt was going to be gone. And he told me Mullen was going to be offered the job. And those jobs aren't offered unless it is strongly believed that it'll be accepted. Take it for what it's worth.

I have no idea what happened after that but I'm just going to say Kirby Smart was not their first choice. I spoke with him after Smart was announced and I got the impression that Dan turned them down. I know the anti-Mullen crowd won't accept that but I was told all this before Richt ever got fired so I have no reason to not believe this guy.

Which is why I'm really not worried about Dan going anywhere unless it's some major opportunity.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:08 AM
And your fearless leader said Mullen would be a top 5 coach if he won 6 games this year. We are a chip shot fg from our kicker who has gone through 2 operations this year for bulging disk away from having 6 wins.

More like 7 or 8 actually.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 10:09 AM

The last sentence was appropriate because it mentioned OUR head coach. I'm on the record as not being a Mullenite and I have no problem with ever being wrong. If it doesn't matter whether Mullen denies job rumors then what does it matter what this board reports. Shouldn't have any effect at all so why such the butthurt..

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:11 AM

Should've had more than 6. And I though we'd win between 7-9 so we underachieved IMO. However, one bad year isn't justification for making changes or even placing a coach in the hot seat. The only thing that bothered me this year is that he had lost the locker room completely at the beginning of the season, but he got it back. As long as he has that, he can win at State. And just for the record I don't think we've ever had or will ever have again a QB coach as good as Mullen. It's in our best interest that he work out long term, but last year's coaching changes and his flirting hurt us bad. That was part of the reason for the hangover into this year. When these December games stop happening, January's will mean much more for us

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 10:12 AM

How many wins do we have?

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:13 AM

Wrong about what exactly? I reported he was looking to get another job. ESPN reported he was a finalist for the Oregon job. He didn't get it- Taggert did.

Looks like I've nailed it aGAIN. It's not my fault nobody will hire Mullen. As I said- he picked a bad year to go 5-7

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 10:13 AM
I know Twitter is the end all be all for all the ****ing stupid millennials out there but a simple click on ESPN.com, and I know it's not the greatest so spare my that stupid shit, on the Taggart to Oregon link and the third paragraph says according to a source Taggart and Mullen were the 2 finalists.

So yeah every off season our "fans" do this...no every off season our ****ing head coach does this.

So you're telling me that you can't read in between the lines when they mention the "finalists"? If Taggart and Mullen really were the finalists and Taggart was selected, the ONLY conclusion that can be drawn from that is that Mullen told them thanks but no thanks. No competent or even remotely coherent administration would select Willie F-ing Taggart over Dan Mullen if they actually had a choice. Its just laughable. Its like saying in 2008 that Dan Mullen was chosen between two finalists that included himself and Chris Peterson because he was "just a better fit for the program". The Oregon "sources" are just trying to prop up the job by throwing another big name in with Taggart to drum up fake interest. Ole Miss PR 101.

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:14 AM
How many wins do we have?

We only won 5 games. We were unable to accomplish exactly what I said we probably wouldn't do

smootness
12-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Taggart was interviewed before anyone else and this "source" didn't know? WTH? It was all over their boards and newspapers. Mullen never even interviewed. There was no interest there on his part. But, let's see now, that's Miami, Georgia, Oregon, Maryland........we must have a pretty damn good coach for all these schools to want him.

Exactly.

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 10:20 AM
As I said- he picked a bad year to go 5-7

LOL. Well, I guess Taggart picked a good 7 years to go 40-45 against a non-Power 5 schedule every year. Oregon didn't choose Taggart over Mullen. It just didn't happen. But by all means, keep trumpeting whatever supports your agenda.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:21 AM
The last sentence was appropriate because it mentioned OUR head coach. I'm on the record as not being a Mullenite and I have no problem with ever being wrong. If it doesn't matter whether Mullen denies job rumors then what does it matter what this board reports. Shouldn't have any effect at all so why such the butthurt..

Because someone hearing the rumors that is actually interested if it's true or not would in all likelyhood look at MSU sources to see what they are saying about it. I loathe the Confederates but I do admire their discipline on this stuff.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:22 AM
So you're telling me that you can't read in between the lines when they mention the "finalists"? If Taggart and Mullen really were the finalists and Taggart was selected, the ONLY conclusion that can be drawn from that is that Mullen told them thanks but no thanks. No competent or even remotely coherent administration would select Willie F-ing Taggart over Dan Mullen if they actually had a choice. Its just laughable. Its like saying in 2008 that Dan Mullen was chosen between two finalists that included himself and Chris Peterson because he was "just a better fit for the program". The Oregon "sources" are just trying to prop up the job by throwing another big name in with Taggart to drum up fake interest. Ole Miss PR 101.
Yep

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:23 AM

So you are saying we have recruited so poorly- that we have to send a kicker out to kick that hasn't recovered from surgery instead of using our backup kicker? And you wonder why I said we wouldn't win 6 games?

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Wrong about what exactly? I reported he was looking to get another job. ESPN reported he was a finalist for the Oregon job. He didn't get it- Taggert did.

Looks like I've nailed it aGAIN. It's not my fault nobody will hire Mullen. As I said- he picked a bad year to go 5-7

Except other sources are saying he turned them down flat. You took the one that agrees with you as gospel. No surprise there.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 10:26 AM

Outstanding post

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 10:27 AM

And that may be exactly the case. And all I posted was what was reported in an ESPN link. And it's come to this. See how asshurt everyone is over it...

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:28 AM
So you are saying we have recruited so poorly- that we have to send a kicker out to kick that hasn't recovered from surgery instead of using our backup kicker? And you wonder why I said we wouldn't win 6 games?

The guy was pretty good inside his range last year. You would have to think he would get over his yips at some point. My understanding is he was money in practice. He sure wasn't in the games.

WinningIsRelentless
12-07-2016, 10:29 AM

Our second team kicker is injured also hence the reason we are down to a walk-on.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Except other sources are saying he turned them down flat. You took the one that agrees with you as gospel. No surprise there.

Don't be stupid. There's no gospel in any of this "reporting". But a lot of you shitbirds sure do get your thongs in an uproar over what is all rumors and sources.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:30 AM
And that may be exactly the case. And all I posted was what was reported in an ESPN link. And it's come to this. See how asshurt everyone is over it...

Once again, there is a nest of Confederates at ESPN. This wouldn't be the first time they have thrown stuff out about us with no basis in fact. It won't be the last one either.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Don't be stupid. There's no gospel in any of this "reporting". But a lot of you shitbirds sure do get your thongs in an uproar over what is all rumors and sources.
Because our "own" people repeat them. I never would have brought it up if it hadn't been plastered on this board.

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:32 AM

ESPN confirmed what I said a couple of weeks ago

No other news media said Mullen turned them down

looks like I'm the best source

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Because our "own" people repeat them. I never would have brought it up if it hadn't been plastered on this board.

Hence you are repeating...

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Once again, there is a nest of Confederates at ESPN. This wouldn't be the first time they have thrown stuff out about us with no basis in fact. It won't be the last one either.

So now there's speculation on how a potential rumor got reported by a major news source?

At some point y'all have to recognize that if ESPN reports it, rightly or wrongly, ITS NEWS and it's more than likely going to be discussed here.

What I don't get is this is good news. Taggart is their guy. Mullen is at State. Everyone should be happy but for some reason a lot of people want to bitch about I seen it repeating what ESPN said.

basedog
12-07-2016, 10:39 AM

Well you are on record for not supporting Mullen. I'd say I had better sources on the Mullen and Oregon rumor.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Man, this thread went all

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/nixon_6.jpg
http://media.istockphoto.com/photos/ruler-wooden-isolated-on-white-background-picture-id481811008?k=6&m=481811008&s=170667a&w=0&h=EymMwJPVC5mAEz5aK7nNEM0QZ7HfXKEAsDH9CaEXHW0=
http://lcplky.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/contest.jpg

Coldsleeve Jr.

Literally no one was in an uproar over your post. The topic changed to ppl stoking the dans not committed fire from taggart. Had nothing to do with your post or you at all. Stop acting victimized.

bulldawg28

Chip Kelly must suck being he couldn't assist. You also said Mullen wanted the Houston job. I guess he'll finish second in that too huh?

lamont
12-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Chip Kelly must suck being he couldn't assist. You also said Mullen wanted the Houston job. I guess he'll finish second in that too huh?

Hell, Kelly got him in the final 2. Looks like a lot of help to me

msstate7
12-07-2016, 11:00 AM

Internet superstar

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 11:03 AM

Hahaha. You found a new to use since yesterday. Lol

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 11:05 AM

ESPN......Well if it's in the media, especially ESPN, it must be true.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Literally no one was in an uproar over your post. The topic changed to ppl stoking the dans not committed fire from taggart. Had nothing to do with your post or you at all. Stop acting victimized.

Lol victimized? That's pretty dramatic. Go somewhere else with that garbage.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Hahaha. You found a new to use since yesterday. Lol

Too many quality opportunities in this thread. Lol

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Man, this thread went all

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/nixon_6.jpg
http://media.istockphoto.com/photos/ruler-wooden-isolated-on-white-background-picture-id481811008?k=6&m=481811008&s=170667a&w=0&h=EymMwJPVC5mAEz5aK7nNEM0QZ7HfXKEAsDH9CaEXHW0=
http://lcplky.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/contest.jpg

Damn sure did. Lots of asshurt in this population.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Lol victimized? That's pretty dramatic. Go somewhere else with that garbage.

Dramatic is correct. Calling ppl butthurt pussies when there was literally no outrage at all. Just discussion. Toughen up.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Too many quality opportunities in this thread. Lol

I agree. And I shouldn't have slammed you on just linking what they were saying. And it probably is going to boil down to Rhule turned them down, if Taggert did as well they were probably going to approach Dan and make a strong offer to try and get an "interviewed" but I don't be think he would have left for Oregon. Schanio wasn't leaving Ohio and I don't know what happened with Harison who they interviewed, thought he was the most natural fit. I just think that was misleading considering they were listed to have interviewed with Taggert during that time and had turned them down as well.

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 11:17 AM

Bullshit. You posted the link (which was fine), then you posted the above quote (amongst other comnents in this thread) trying to insert your agenda. Anyone with half a brain can read that link and see it for what it is, that Mullen was not a serious candidate because he didn't want to be. You, on the other hand, are trying to use further your "Mullen wants out" agenda when you don't have a leg to stand on. You were wrong and were called on it, and are now deflecting by accusing everyone else of being "asshurt".

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Dramatic is correct. Calling ppl butthurt pussies when there was literally no outrage at all. Just discussion. Toughen up.

If the shoe fits...

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Bullshit. You posted the link (which was fine), then you posted the above quote (amongst other comnents in this thread) trying to insert your agenda. Anyone with half a brain can read that link and see it for what it is, that Mullen was not a serious candidate because he didn't want to be. You, on the other hand, are trying to use further your "Mullen wants out" agenda when you don't have a leg to stand on. You were wrong and were called on it, and are now deflecting by accusing everyone else of being "asshurt".

This whole post is garbage. Mostly the part saying I have an agenda that Mullen wants out. I've always said I want him out not that he wants out. He's got the most gravy situation in the country why in the hell would he want out. Before you start ripping you need to check the history and get shit right.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:29 AM
I agree. And I shouldn't have slammed you on just linking what they were saying. And it probably is going to boil down to Rhule turned them down, if Taggert did as well they were probably going to approach Dan and make a strong offer to try and get an "interviewed" but I don't be think he would have left for Oregon. Schanio wasn't leaving Ohio and I don't know what happened with Harison who they interviewed, thought he was the most natural fit. I just think that was misleading considering they were listed to have interviewed with Taggert during that time and had turned them down as well.

No worries. And your take here may be to the letter what happened and I could roll with it.

basedog
12-07-2016, 11:30 AM
This whole post is garbage. Mostly the part saying I have an agenda that Mullen wants out. I've always said I want him out not that he wants out. He's got the most gravy situation in the country why in the hell would he want out. Before you start ripping you need to check the history and get shit right.

I'm just glad to don't write a long post. Short you are, well you know what I mean** LOL

smootness
12-07-2016, 11:32 AM

Well, 34 has certainly argued that he has tried to get out, and that has been a pretty standard implication from this board multiple times.

I've never seen a forum in which the administrators are so antagonistic toward the people who visit it.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 11:33 AM
If the shoe fits...

So everyone that disagrees or changes post topic with you is a butthurt shitbird *****. Got it.

preachermatt83
12-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Whoever thinks Mullen was a finalist is foolish, maybe in the eyes of Oregon, but Mullen himself was never a finalist.

Espn is full of rumors everyday, but so are many so call experts.

This!

bulldawg28
12-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Hell, Kelly got him in the final 2. Looks like a lot of help to me

Lmao...I've got nothing. I should high five for successful trolling.

preachermatt83
12-07-2016, 11:35 AM
It was also ESPN that said Mullen was going to Penn St. Then ESPN said Florida. It's not a coincidence.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:37 AM
So everyone that disagrees or changes post topic with you is a butthurt shitbird *****. Got it.

Nope never said that. But if it offends you then you can certainly wear it and be part of that group.

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 11:37 AM

So when you literally said "our f-ing coach does this every offseason", you WEREN'T saying that he wants out or is job searching? Okay.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Nope never said that. But if it offends you then you can certainly wear it and be part of that group.

Im not that easily offended. Im actually in the group of dont be a snowflake when people disagree with me. Just saw a lot of irony in your posts in this thread. That's all.

Bothrops
12-07-2016, 11:44 AM
https://youtu.be/UnE3-0X-174

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 11:48 AM
So when you literally said "our f-ing coach does this every offseason", you WEREN'T saying that he wants out or is job searching? Okay.

You can entertain offers and not "want" to leave. You would leave if it's better than what you have. Means you are selective but you believe in listening to everything. Which our ****ing coach does every off season. Okay.

BB30
12-07-2016, 11:51 AM
I find it ironic Random Poster that you say you hate narcisistic, elitist, I am better than you school to the north but display so many of the same qualities we all hate about them.

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:53 AM
It was also ESPN that said Mullen was going to Penn St. Then ESPN said Florida. It's not a coincidence.

I've never seen ESPN say he was going to those places. I have seen ESPN mention he was being looked at

Dawg61
12-07-2016, 11:59 AM
All this bitching back and forth doesn't change the fact that MSU has already taken Mullen off the table for every HC job not in Starkville. Absolutely nobody is going to match the salary we pay Mullen and he damn sure isn't leaving for less pay. He is stuck with us and that's a good thing as long as he doesn't get complacent or lazy on the job which I can't say is 100% true all the time but honestly who doesn't get lazy from time to time at the same job they've been doing for 8 years straight. Rest and being lazy at times is good for the mind and body. It makes you more effective when you are actually working. Over rest and too much lazy is bad though. Does anybody on this board work 100+ hours a week for 8 years straight? No or I certainly hope not or you'll keel over and die soon.

lamont
12-07-2016, 11:59 AM
I'll remind everyone since you guys seem to forget so quick:

Mullen went 9-4 last season and for the 1st time in his tenure- DID NOT get the automatic extension back to 4 years. There's a reason for that. It was his job shopping. Now you guys can try and act like ESPN is full of shit and there is some big bear conspiracy- but his name keeps ending up there because his agent is working to get him some of these jobs

bobcat91
12-07-2016, 12:00 PM
We have folks with an agenda. To make Mullen look like he is after every job in the counrty. You might say he is getting the Stansbury treatment. This board used to be about promoting MSU. Now it is becoming a petty rumor mill, most of the time with no real info, that is rivaling the Kardashians. So much for a pro MSU site.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:02 PM
All this bitching back and forth doesn't change the fact that MSU has already taken Mullen off the table for every HC job not in Starkville. Absolutely nobody is going to match the salary we pay Mullen and he damn sure isn't leaving for less pay. He is stuck with us and that's a good thing as long as he doesn't get complacent or lazy on the job which I can't say is 100% true all the time but honestly who doesn't get lazy from time to time at the same job they've been doing for 8 years straight. Rest and being lazy at times is good for the mind and body. It makes you more effective when you are actually working. Over rest and too much lazy is bad though. Does anybody on this board work 100+ hours a week for 8 years straight? No or I certainly hope not or you'll keel over and die soon.

Well then being a Head coach in the sec west isn't for him...tough shit but welcome to the real world buttercup.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:03 PM
We have folks with an agenda. To make Mullen look like he is after every job in the counrty. You might say he is getting the Stansbury treatment. This board used to be about promoting MSU. Now it is becoming a petty rumor mill, most of the time with no real info, that is rivaling the Kardashians. So much for a pro MSU site.

lol that's pretty funny

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Not going to link or read but Bonner has an article up with quotes from Mullen. Title Mullen/MSU working on a contract extension.

confucius say
12-07-2016, 12:07 PM

Mullen went 9-4 last season and for the 1st time in his tenure- DID NOT get the automatic extension back to 4 years. There's a reason for that. It was his job shopping. Now you guys can try and act like ESPN is full of shit and there is some big bear conspiracy- but his name keeps ending up there because his agent is working to get him MORE MONEY

FIFY.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 12:17 PM

Mullen went 9-4 last season and for the 1st time in his tenure- DID NOT get the automatic extension back to 4 years. There's a reason for that. It was his job shopping. Now you guys can try and act like ESPN is full of shit and there is some big bear conspiracy- but his name keeps ending up there because his agent is working to get him some of these jobs

Not going to link or read but Bonner has an article up with quotes from Mullen. Title Mullen/MSU working on a contract extension.

I would think if Dan's getting an extension, it would mean that he indeed was not job shopping. Those with an agenda will strongly disagree.

Dawg61
12-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Well then being a Head coach in the sec west isn't for him...tough shit but welcome to the real world buttercup.

Yea it's real easy to tell someone they have to work 100+ hours every week for eight years straight from your computer. If Dan needs rest from time to time I am all for it. He is a grown ass man he knows his body and mind better than everyone. I trust Mullen makes the right decision on how much he works based on what he needs to stay of sound mind and body.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 12:27 PM
lol that's pretty funny

but true

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Yea it's real easy to tell someone they have to work 100+ hours every week for eight years straight from your computer. If Dan needs rest from time to time I am all for it. He is a grown ass man he knows his body and mind better than everyone. I trust Mullen makes the right decision on how much he works based on what he needs to stay of sound mind and body.

Yeah me too. I didn't say I could do it but to be great in this league certain things have to be done.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2016, 12:29 PM
I would think if Dan's getting an extension, it would mean that he indeed was not job shopping. Those with an agenda will strongly disagree.

I had heard this was in the works before this all started. Hopefully this is the REAL truth.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:30 PM

One would argue that job shopping can cause the extension talks...

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 12:32 PM
One would argue that job shopping can cause the extension talks...

But we've been told he didn't get an extension last year bc of his job shopping after 9 wins. Why get one this year after 5 wins if job shopping?

preachermatt83
12-07-2016, 12:34 PM
I've never seen ESPN say he was going to those places. I have seen ESPN mention he was being looked at

Joe shaud while working at ESPN said "expect Dan Mullen to be named the HC at Penn St"

BB30
12-07-2016, 12:35 PM
What is funny is many of you that are pissed at him "looking around" wanted him gone half way through the season and most of yall said it would be best if he took another job instead of us firing him. Now yall are bitching about him supposedly looking at other jobs when that is what you wanted him to do in the first place...

The agenda is strong in this thread. It is a mute point now. Dan Mullen will be here next year and my guess would be he will be here for the foreseeable future. Will we have to endure the Mullen "rumors" every year until he leaves?

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 12:37 PM
What is funny is many of you that are pissed at him "looking around" wanted him gone half way through the season and most of yall said it would be best if he took another job instead of us firing him. Now yall are bitching about him supposedly looking at other jobs when that is what you wanted him to do in the first place...

LOL so true.

preachermatt83
12-07-2016, 12:37 PM

Losing to OM two years in a row had a lot to do with that too. The job shopping didn't help but it was both.

BB30
12-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Losing to OM two years in a row had a lot to do with that too. The job shopping didn't help but it was both.

Agree completely, Sad thing is Ole Miss also beat Bama the same two years... Blatant cheating had a lot to do with the success they have had the previous two years.

lamont
12-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Lol@agenda.

ESPN confirms what I've said and it's an agenda. ESPN just doesn't want Mullen to stay at State do they?

Dawg61
12-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Yeah me too. I didn't say I could do it but to be great in this league certain things have to be done.

What's more likely to be true, Mullen works less than every other SEC West coach or Mullen has less "help" i.e. office workers, tools, money for recruiting needs, elite assistant coaches etc.. than every other SEC West coach? If we really want to improve Mullen's recruiting we have to make sure every detail involved is equal or better than our competition. The problem with Mullen's recruiting isn't Mullen it is Mississippi State University always being molasses to change with the times. We see this in every aspect of our University. We aren't trendsetters we are bitching followers that never want to spend money for anything. Here's a weird random example I just saw this last week. I went into the store Lids to buy a Dallas Cowboys hat and I see the college section of the store has all the big name SEC schools of course and it also had an entire rack for USM and another one for Old Misses. They didn't have one single MSU hat in the store yet they had an entire rack for Southern Mississippi. This applies to every ****ing thing that has to do with MSU. We have ****ing dinosaurs running our University.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:47 PM
But we've been told he didn't get an extension last year bc of his job shopping after 9 wins. Why get one this year after 5 wins if job shopping?

We have a new AD...

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 12:49 PM
What's more likely to be true, Mullen works less than every other SEC West coach or Mullen has less "help" i.e. office workers, tools, money for recruiting needs, elite assistant coaches etc.. than every other SEC West coach? If we really want to improve Mullen's recruiting we have to make sure every detail involved is equal or better than our competition. The problem with Mullen's recruiting isn't Mullen it is Mississippi State University always being molasses to change with the times. We see this in every aspect of our University. We aren't trendsetters we are bitching followers that never want to spend money for anything. Here's a weird random example I just saw this last week. I went into the store Lids to buy a Dallas Cowboys hat and I see the college section of the store has all the big name SEC schools of course and it also had an entire rack for USM and another one for Old Misses. They didn't have one single MSU hat in the store yet they had an entire rack for Southern Mississippi. This applies to every ****ing thing that has to do with MSU. We have ****ing dinosaurs running our University.

Falls in ******* lap to change it

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 12:51 PM
You would leave if it's better than what you have. Means you are selective but you believe in listening to everything. Which our ****ing coach does every off season. Okay.

On paper, Oregon is better than what he has. A lot better, actually. And Mullen is 10x the candidate than the guy they ended up with and everybody knows it. That is the whole point. If he wanted to be the coach at Oregon, he would be the coach at Oregon. He wasn't "listening" (or whatever you want to call it) that hard to them if he isn't in Eugene right now standing on a podium. Just because somebody on the search committee talked to his agent on the phone doesn't make him a finalist, but thats all it really takes for him to be quoted as such in the article by a confidential source. You posted the article with follow up comments to try to prove that Mullen is doing what "he does every offseason", whether that is listening to pitches or wanting out or job searching or whatever your definition is. The reality is that the article actually proves the opposite to be true.

bulldawg28
12-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Lol@agenda.

ESPN confirms what I've said and it's an agenda. ESPN just doesn't want Mullen to stay at State do they?

So ESPN is your Mullen source? It all makes sense now.

Dawg61
12-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Falls in ******* lap to change it

He's supposed to develop a functioning Marketing program for the University and create media and law majors too? These are the three areas that we get slaughtered in every year. Marketing, media and law. We are SWAC level at best in these three areas. You can go to any Lids store in America and find an Auburn or Old Misses hat. You can't go to any single Lids store outside of 4 hours from Starkville and find one single MSU hat. That is a ****ing problem and it isn't Mullen's job to fix it. He needs help. Our University must help him yet we don't. Why?

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 01:10 PM
On paper, Oregon is better than what he has. A lot better, actually. And Mullen is 10x the candidate than the guy they ended up with and everybody knows it. That is the whole point. If he wanted to be the coach at Oregon, he would be the coach at Oregon. He wasn't "listening" (or whatever you want to call it) that hard to them if he isn't in Eugene right now standing on a podium. Just because somebody on the search committee talked to his agent on the phone doesn't make him a finalist, but thats all it really takes for him to be quoted as such in the article by a confidential source. You posted the article with follow up comments to try to prove that Mullen is doing what "he does every offseason", whether that is listening to pitches or wanting out or job searching or whatever your definition is. The reality is that the article actually proves the opposite to be true.

The article doesn't prove shit either way. I posted what the article stated that was it. A bunch of people ran with it and discussion/argument ensued. I've clearly stated what my "agenda" is and made no secret about it.

On paper doesn't mean shit to a person actually having to decide on a job. All of what you typed is exactly what everyone else is doing. You're nothing special and your post is old.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 01:14 PM
He's supposed to develop a functioning Marketing program for the University and create media and law majors too? These are the three areas that we get slaughtered in every year. Marketing, media and law. We are SWAC level at best in these three areas. You can go to any Lids store in America and find an Auburn or Old Misses hat. You can't go to any single Lids store outside of 4 hours from Starkville and find one single MSU hat. That is a ****ing problem and it isn't Mullen's job to fix it. He needs help. Our University must help him yet we don't. Why?

Part of why he makes so much money is to demand change to make his job more successful. If he was making 3.4 then maybe that's a little different. Marketing and media could be a little stretch of that but the recruiting and everything about it is 100% in his control. And if it's not he's not doing enough to make it that way.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 01:20 PM
We have a new AD...

Lol. So strick wouldn't have extended him. You're just making shit up now that can't be merited.

shrimp
12-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Mr. Taggart.
https://youtu.be/R6dm9rN6oTs

BB30
12-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Lol@agenda.

If I remember correctly, you were one of the guys wanting him to have an opportunity to take another job at the end of the season?(in your opinion it was what was best for the program) So technically shouldn't you be glad he is/was "looking around". Again, your narcissism and arrogance is very similar to everything ole miss. I am hoping it is just to drive views and clicks and if that is the case then congrats and sorry for misinterpreting your personality/intentions. If not, then it is sad that you need to be the end all be all of sports message boards on the internet and feel the need to be justified on every prediction you make. And man, am I glad AJ brown didn't end up at Ole Miss. and That Danny Etling is going to be the first QB taken in the draft he had an unbelievable season and got better every game.***

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 01:35 PM
The article doesn't prove shit either way. I posted what the article stated that was it. A bunch of people ran with it and discussion/argument ensued. I've clearly stated what my "agenda" is and made no secret about it.

On paper doesn't mean shit to a person actually having to decide on a job. All of what you typed is exactly what everyone else is doing. You're nothing special and your post is old.

Dude, I have already proven the article wasn't all that you posted. Keep sticking by that though. You also say that you've made your agenda no secret that you want Mullen gone, yet you start another thread thanking Mullen for talking publicly about his extension. You really are all over the place. Congrats on drumming up board hits I suppose.

parabrave
12-07-2016, 01:43 PM
For a second, I thought they had hired the head of MDOT but then I realized it was this guy.
http://www.ranthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/slim-pickens.jpg
Anybody got a dime!?

You want some Beans Mr Taggart.

the59dawg
12-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Taggart at wku = 16-20 (1 bowl)
Taggart at USF = 24-25 (2 bowls)
Taggart overall (7 seasons) = 40-45 (3 bowls)

Mullen overall (8 seasons) = 60-42 (7 bowls)

Taggart did win 10 this year, but Mullen won 10 in the sec. Taggart has won 8 or more twice; Mullen has won 8 or more 4 times... in the sec west

Why this comparison? Fanning a fire that doesn't exist?

Bothrops
12-07-2016, 02:58 PM
**** Espn.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Taggert's deal is for a reported 5 years at $3.2 MIL per year. That is equivalent to us going 4 years and $4 MIL per year for the same total contract.

Dawg61
12-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Taggert's deal is for a reported 5 years at $3.2 MIL per year.

If y'all are paying attention you'd notice that Mullen is priced out of every job henceforth and has been since we raised his pay north of $4 mill. Nobody is going to match his salary. NOBODY.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Lol. So strick wouldn't have extended him. You're just making shit up now that can't be merited.

I'm playing devils advocate and you're not seeing it. you asked a question and I gave you a possible answer but now I'm making shit up. **** do we not have a new AD? It may not be the reason but you sure as shit don't know that it isn't.

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 03:50 PM
If y'all are paying attention you'd notice that Mullen is priced out of every job henceforth and has been since we raised his pay north of $4 mill. Nobody is going to match his salary. NOBODY.

They could have gone to $3.6 for 5 years and that would be the same as $4.5 MIL for the 4 year limit he can get in MS. That wasn't a deal breaker by any stretch for Oregon. The buyout I'm sure was a sticking point if it came to money but Sexton is brilliant in getting those negotiated when both parties want to. McElwain's deal was very complex and took a good bit of negotiation to get it done but he did.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm playing devils advocate and you're not seeing it. you asked a question and I gave you a possible answer but now I'm making shit up. **** do we not have a new AD? It may not be the reason but you sure as shit don't know that it isn't.

Exactly. You're making shit up that neither side can prove. That's what I said. And I didnt ask a question???

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Dude, I have already proven the article wasn't all that you posted. Keep sticking by that though. You also say that you've made your agenda no secret that you want Mullen gone, yet you start another thread thanking Mullen for talking publicly about his extension. You really are all over the place. Congrats on drumming up board hits I suppose.

I'm not your dude. What the **** have you proven? And I started the thanks Mullen thread to be sarcastic and get under some skin. Thin ****ers like you. And you just can't read it bc you're incapable as you are stuck on this agenda thing.

I'm never all over the place. I've wanted Mullen to take every job he's ever been rumored to plus all the ones he's not and are open. And if we start winning no less than 8 every year, beat bama, go to Atlanta and start doing something with the muther****ing country club to make recruiting a strength..well then I'll change my mind. Mullen ain't gonna do any of that shit. Clear enough or am I bouncing around?

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Exactly. You're making shit up that neither side can prove. That's what I said. And I didnt ask a question???

We have a new AD. That's an answer. He may have a different philosophy than the previous. If it were me I wouldn't give him shit.

I guess I should have been more clear as you can't follow.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-07-2016, 04:14 PM
We have a new AD. That's an answer. He may have a different philosophy than the previous. If it were me I wouldn't give him shit.

I guess I should have been more clear as you can't follow.

No I'm saying I didnt ask a question. We can pull plausible scenarios out of the air all day long. Just seems like you're grasping at straws.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 04:17 PM
No I'm saying I didnt ask a question. We can pull plausible scenarios out of the air all day long. Just seems like you're grasping at straws.

Whatever you think and I can't help you. Grasping at straws is far from what I'm doing.

HSVDawg
12-07-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm not your dude. What the **** have you proven? And I started the thanks Mullen thread to be sarcastic and get under some skin. Thin ****ers like you. And you just can't read it bc you're incapable as you are stuck on this agenda thing.

I'm never all over the place. I've wanted Mullen to take every job he's ever been rumored to plus all the ones he's not and are open. And if we start winning no less than 8 every year, beat bama, go to Atlanta and start doing something with the muther****ing country club to make recruiting a strength..well then I'll change my mind. Mullen ain't gonna do any of that shit. Clear enough or am I bouncing around?

Soooo....just trying to keep up. In this thread you've called me a thin skinned ****er, told me I wasn't special, my posts are old, etc. And you think YOU are the one thats under MY skin? Pretty damn funny....I'd say its quite the opposite.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Soooo....just trying to keep up. In this thread you've called me a thin skinned ****er, told me I wasn't special, my posts are old, etc. And you think YOU are the one thats under MY skin? Pretty damn funny....I'd say its quite the opposite.

The thanks thread caused a response from you so..I'd have to say yeah. And after your take in another thread on S&C for a program you are beneath going back and forth with. You win I'm done.

blacklistedbully
12-07-2016, 04:38 PM

Simply not true.

Pete Thamel of SI reported Dan was a candidate.
Brent McMurphy of ESPN reported he was a finalist.
Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports suggested it.
Dieter Kurtenbach of Fox Sports reported he was a candidate.
Matt Bush from USA Today said, "Mullen has looked around before, having twice interviewed for the Miami vacancies." as part of his article on Dan being a candidate.
Former Oregon HC Mike Belotti said Dan was an ideal candidate.

While not all of these specifically said Dan interviwed...what a bunch of us wanted was for comments from sources like this to be rebutted or denied. Not too much to ask, considering his $4 mill + salary.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Wait but if those weren't on twitter they didn't happen..only the internet is true.

blacklistedbully
12-07-2016, 04:41 PM

Irony

confucius say
12-07-2016, 04:41 PM

There isn't a coach in America who is going to go 8-4 or better here EVERY year AND beat the current Bama. That's my biggest problem with the anti-Mullen crowd--no sense of reality.

blacklistedbully
12-07-2016, 04:48 PM

It's not what we post here that has a negative impact...it's the non-denials to the credible sources spreading those rumors that has the negative impact.

I seen it dawg
12-07-2016, 04:48 PM
There isn't a coach in America who is going to go 8-4 or better here EVERY year AND beat the current Bama. That's my biggest problem with the anti-Mullen crowd--no sense of reality.

Paying him what he's making? Yeah we should win 8 yearly. You do the rest of what he should be doing and while we won't beat bama often in the current state we will at least compete yearly and win one occasionally.

He makes too much money for what he does. We should dominate every team on our schedule but Bama, LSU, Auburn and AM. And even then the last 2 should take more than we lose. But it takes 12 month effort in every phase. Not happening. Other teams do it with much less than what we have. Why not us?

blacklistedbully
12-07-2016, 04:52 PM

Funny..I can't recall a single person saying that was their expectations. But by all means, continue to use hyperbole in support of an argument that isn't happening.

confucius say
12-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Paying him what he's making? Yeah we should win 8 yearly. You do the rest of what he should be doing and while we won't beat bama often in the current state we will at least compete yearly and win one occasionally.

He makes too much money for what he does. We should dominate every team on our schedule but Bama, LSU, Auburn and AM. And even then the last 2 should take more than we lose. But it takes 12 month effort in every phase. Not happening. Other teams do it with much less than what we have. Why not us?

1. We should dominate every sec team outside of Bama, Lsu, auburn, and Aggie? Bc that's what it'd take to never fall below your 8-4. Seriously? Ark, om, and whoever we play from the east should be dominated by us bc we pay Mullen market price? No sense of reality.

2. We should beat auburn and Aggie more than they beat us bc we pay Mullen market price? Uh, their coaches make more than Mullen, as do their assistants. Bad logic.

confucius say
12-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Funny..I can't recall a single person saying that was their expectations. But by all means, continue to use hyperbole in support of an argument that isn't happening.

Then you should read better, bc that is exactly what he said his expectations were in the post to which I responded.

"winning no less than 8 every year, beat Bama"

RougeDawg
12-07-2016, 05:07 PM

For future time saving needs, there is no need to type out the redundant term "stupid millennial". They are one in the same.

lamont
12-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Simply not true.

Pete Thamel of SI reported Dan was a candidate.
Brent McMurphy of ESPN reported he was a finalist.
Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports suggested it.
Dieter Kurtenbach of Fox Sports reported he was a candidate.
Matt Bush from USA Today said, "Mullen has looked around before, having twice interviewed for the Miami vacancies." as part of his article on Dan being a candidate.
Former Oregon HC Mike Belotti said Dan was an ideal candidate.

While not all of these specifically said Dan interviwed...what a bunch of us wanted was for comments from sources like this to be rebutted or denied. Not too much to ask, considering his $4 mill + salary.

that's a whole lot of people with an agenda. Good thing they read Elitedawgs to get their talking points from me

DudyDawg
12-07-2016, 05:47 PM
One week with no football and this site has already gone mental.

BB30
12-07-2016, 06:24 PM
that's a whole lot of people with an agenda. Good thing they read Elitedawgs to get their talking points from me

Know it's sarcasm but wouldn't be surprised if you truly believed that haha. Keep the good times rolling. Strange I haven't heard ESPN talk about Etling being drafted***

Turfdawg67
12-07-2016, 08:40 PM

Exactly.

blacklistedbully
12-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Exactly.

I agree. Anyone who doesn't grasp that Mullen is perhaps the premier dual-threat QB coach in the nation is grossly misinformed. Who said that?